Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:05 PM

28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried (45259 Views)

Klopp's Hilarious Reply To A Young Man United Fan Who Wrote To Him / Little Boy Celebrates Goal While Watching Match On TV, Got People Laughing / "Zlatan Ibrahimovic Can Have Sex With My Wife" - Manchester United Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by epospiky(m): 12:02am On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
o ga o!

What has Manchester United FC done to compensate the family of this fan who died supporting the club?

You dey naija, you dey form passionate supporter of a football club in UK wey no sabi anything about your existence.

Some football fanatics sha!

RIP!

Dude, what happened was just an accident - one someone would least expect. Not that he undertook something risky for the club and thus the result. It happened in a cinema where people gather to watch.It could happen to you.
Show some sympathy please!

4 Likes

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by 9jatatafo(m): 12:05am On May 08, 2017
I have stopped going to view centres, FATG of 99.3 live commentary is enough. RIP
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Airtimex(m): 12:14am On May 08, 2017
goldedprince:
i really hope naija stops this football craze. i have been to a handful of countries and i have never seen a country with brainless football fans like nigeria. i have seen people get maimed, get beaten, even get shot all because of uk football. these people dont give a flying Bleep about you, why give a Bleep about them?
man u has the money to give every family that died atleast 10m naira as compensation but all they did was their condolence message on their twitter. i wonder when naija will wake up.
rest in peace brother. na their mama i pity pass

What are you trying to say bro. Is obvious you don't like football but don't allow the hatred to overwhelm you.

What is wrong with watching football at a viewing center?

These things can happen to anybody. Even watching your favourite movie at a cinema, anything can happen to you bro...

Manchester United wore black arm bands against Swansea to moan them...what else do u want the club to do?

People have favourite programs they love watching. If I should check your phone I might see one crazy musical artist whom you love playing the song and won't mind meeting in person...

4 Likes

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by AreaFada2: 12:25am On May 08, 2017
OrestesDante:
what are those phone numbers doing on his obituary?

If other United fans anywhere wanted to attend the funeral, express they sympathy or contribute towards the funeral, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have people's number to contact.

It appears that poster was done by United fans in that State.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by AreaFada2: 12:25am On May 08, 2017
OrestesDante:
what are those phone numbers doing on his obituary?

If other United fans anywhere wanted to attend the funeral, express their sympathy or contribute towards the funeral, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have people's number for contact.

It appears that poster was done by United fans in that State/Cross River.

To be honest I wonder why we leave our local clubs & support foreign ones so passionately.

I am yet to see a die-hard oyinbo fan of Eyimba, Insurance, Rangers, Shooting, Rovers, Pillars, Sharks, Warriors, Mighty Jets or other local 9ja clubs. Not even in those days as kids when we still had many oyinbo teachers, medics, engineers, and so on working in 9ja. The stadiums were only full of black people, kids/families, friends etc.

RIP.

1 Like

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nobody: 12:26am On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
o ga o!

What has Manchester United FC done to compensate the family of this fan who died supporting the club?

You dey naija, you dey form passionate supporter of a football club in UK wey no sabi anything about your existence.

RIP!

They were victims of unforeseen occurrence. Watching a football match didnt cause the disaster. So dont blame it on the football match.

Havent you heard about families who ate a certain meal together and they all died...should we blame their death on eating....abi na crime to chop ??

And as for the part where you said Manchester United bn in the UK cared less about them....Na lie o.

The match after that sad incidence....Manchester United played the match with a black arm band....a sign o grieve and respect for the victims....the least they could do.

3 Likes

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by koolaid87: 12:36am On May 08, 2017
Hope the tunnel you passed tru leads to eternal life.

United forever!

This could have been me, could have been anyone.

sad

1 Like

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by AreaFada2: 12:36am On May 08, 2017
Freiden:

They were victims of unforeseen occurrence. Watching a football match didnt cause the disaster. So dont blame it on the football match.

Havent you heard about families who ate a certain meal together and they all died...should we blame their death on eating....abi na crime to chop ??

And as for the part where you said Manchester United bn in the UK cared less about them....Na lie o.

The match after that sad incidence....Manchester United played the match with a black arm band....a sign o grieve and respect for the victims....the least they could do.

The point is we value foreign stuff too much. Even Bubu is not left out. Treating "anaemia" abroad. Black or Red armband makes no difference. Just symbolic & PR. Oyinbo know these things better.

1 Like

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Airtimex(m): 12:37am On May 08, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
He just died for nothing. He died for a club that doesn't know he existed. Even at his burial, no member of the management of the club he supported was present at his burial or no compensation.
All these noise of which club are you a fan of is complete nonsense. How can I be a fan of a club that doesn't even know me?

He died watching football dude...it can happen to anybody...

Who told you Man Utd doesn't care if he existed?

3 Likes

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by goldedprince: 12:40am On May 08, 2017
Airtimex:

What are you trying to say bro. Is obvious you don't like football but don't allow the hatred to overwhelm you.

What is wrong with watching football at a viewing center?

These things can happen to anybody. Even watching your favourite movie at a cinema, anything can happen to you bro...

Manchester United wore black arm bands against Swansea to moan them...what else do u want the club to do?
People have favourite programs they love watching. If I should check your phone I might see one crazy musical artist whom you love playing the song and won't mind meeting in person...
there is one point you aint getting. i have seen people get killed in nigeria because of football. am not talking of accident here. i have seen a barcelona fan beaten to comma all because of football argument. that dosnt happen watch normal movies or programs.
if you dont get where am coming from, then i dont know how to explain it better. i dont see this things happen in other countries i visit
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nobody: 12:42am On May 08, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
He just died for nothing. He died for a club that doesn't know he existed. Even at his burial, no member of the management of the club he supported was present at his burial or no compensation.
All these noise of which club are you a fan of is complete nonsense. How can I be a fan of a club that doesn't even know me?
Only in Nigeria would you see this madness .watch Nigeria league no because it's too local and amateur but we forgot that the foreign league started from somewhere
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nobody: 12:46am On May 08, 2017
AreaFada2:

The point is we value foreign stuff too much. Even Bubu is not left out. Treating "anaemia" abroad. Black or Red armband makes no difference. Just symbolic & PR. Oyinbo know these things better.

Knows what better?? Im a Football fan...it doesnt matter to me who is playing or where the match is bn played...i just wanna watch....either na Oyibo or na 9ja or na chinco. I just wanna watch.

And dont derail the thread.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Airtimex(m): 12:46am On May 08, 2017
AreaFada2:

Which one is foreign stuff again??

Did Nigerian league offer anything to the families? They were even the last to send in their condolences

2 Likes

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Nobody: 12:53am On May 08, 2017
It's so sad that in this country somebody must be sacrificed before things are changed. Imagine after the electric shock, the federal government directed all buildings under high tension should be demolished as if they were not seeing it before. To worsen the situation one senator promise to build a good sport centre.so if
Ebuka Francis Ejiofor didn't die in that sports viewing centre, she wouldn't have thought of building a good one. Please my fellow Nigerians don't wait to be a sacrificial lamb, when you see any building under high tension, please stay clear.

1 Like

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by ahamonyeka(m): 12:54am On May 08, 2017
Nna I just have to open your trend because you are a football fan like me.

Rest In peace eyioko.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by abels(m): 1:00am On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
o ga o!

RIP!
.. Haba tis is not fair, it can happen to anybdy not as if theu were even fighting of sometin else..., ur comment is heartless
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Airtimex(m): 1:02am On May 08, 2017
goldedprince:

there is one point you aint getting. i have seen people get killed in nigeria because of football. am not talking of accident here. i have seen a barcelona fan beaten to comma all because of football argument. that dosnt happen watch normal movies or programs.
if you dont get where am coming from, then i dont know how to explain it better. i dont see this things happen in other countries i visit

My bro. I understand your point but it has nothing to do with this guys death. Thank God you know accident happens.

Lets type RIP for this guy and leave the long sermon...

We all support football without violence but it will always occur at some point, due to some crazy fans. Even music have crazy fans...

Travel to a football loving country like England or Spain and see what happens there. Fans do fight each other, at times people die too. I don't support that though...
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by AlphaStyles(m): 1:02am On May 08, 2017
goldedprince:

the fact that you think that nigeria out of hundreds of countries is the only country that understands football should shock me but am not shocked at your level of thinking. its normal

just look at what u posted

am really shocked u are a member of this country

1 Like

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by ebenezer95(m): 1:46am On May 08, 2017
people will die more if they dont support there country club and go and be fooling with another country clubs, shame on naija men
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by kidgenious(m): 1:56am On May 08, 2017
rheether:
Yet Ordinary Arsenal we can't even win..
Lol...u call Arsenal ordinary?...nor b ur fault
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by kidgenious(m): 1:58am On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
o ga o!

RIP!
Man U fc n FIFA sympathized with them, they might even compensate their families. Hopefully
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by dasauce(m): 2:04am On May 08, 2017
In your deluded mind now, it's a crime that the government provided Electricity Pole in that area.. I now believe you need a reset slap!

Foxflames:
Nothing wrong with going to watch games. Just unfortunate and sad the authorities had to allow:
1. Electric poles in populated places
2. Substandard poles
3. Nepa because I just had to mention then as they are shit.
4. Arsenal
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by richme21(m): 4:49am On May 08, 2017
May his soul rest in external peace
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Baamivic: 5:32am On May 08, 2017
paybak:
I dont watch live matches.. I cannot come and kill myself for my mummy.. That woman would curse me if i should go and die just like that after everything she had went through for me to stay.. And not just death that can not be averted ooo, death from watching football.. Haba.. God rest the dead.. Am not leaving till age 90.

Buh wait, it seems he was electrocuted.. How e take happen?
Oga ask google.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Kebreal92(m): 5:58am On May 08, 2017
Death; The veil which those who lived called life... They sleep and the veil is lifted. May we end Well... Ameeeeen

1 Like

Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Bigsteveg(m): 6:04am On May 08, 2017
Tolexander:
o ga o!

RIP!
This your comment na wah o, Haaa
Please why will United compensate them?
Did they die working for United.
Every man for himself
They have done their part by paying their tribute.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Immorttal: 6:06am On May 08, 2017
malsnoop:

That's his phone numbers incase you wanna call HIM
the phone number is there incase manchester united decides to show some love to the family. Smart move if you ask me.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Immorttal: 6:07am On May 08, 2017
Kebreal92:
Death; The veil which those who lived called life... They sleep and the veil is lifted. May we end Well... Ameeeeen
o true, when we die we wake up and realise who we are.
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Bigsteveg(m): 6:12am On May 08, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
Please why will United compensate them o? They paid ther tribute, that's all that matters. How many super eagles supporters NFF Don compensate . don't let's play their death with politics. They died supporting what they believed in. May their soull RIP
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by prosper00(m): 6:16am On May 08, 2017
paybak:
I dont watch live matches.. I cannot come and kill myself for my mummy.. That woman would curse me if i should go and die just like that after everything she had went through for me to stay.. And not just death that can not be averted ooo, death from watching football.. Haba.. God rest the dead.. Am not leaving till age 90.

Buh wait, it seems he was electrocuted.. How e take happen?

if your time is now... its inevitable..No where is safe
Re: 28-Year-Old Manchester United Fan Who Died Watching Match In Calabar Buried by Malayy(m): 6:18am On May 08, 2017
rheether:
Yet Ordinary Arsenal we can't even win..
woman can you do ordinary trapping.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

C. Ronaldo Shows Off £1.85million Watch Made With 424 Glistening White Diamonds / Meet The Youngest Players Of AFCON 2021 / Pogba Does The CHOP PALLIATIVE Dance As He Scores For France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.