Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? (822 Views)

How Many % Increase Is PHCN Asking For This Time? / Only A Fool Or Ignoramus Or Biased Bigot Would Vote For Either Buhari Or Atiku / Senator Adeleke At It Again: Dancing Fool Or Dancing King? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by jetroolowole(m): 7:34am On May 08, 2017
I think it was Obasanjo who once said that the two most corrupt institution in Nigeria is NEPA and Police. You can be the judge yourself.

But of recent, I have noticed how PHCN surcharge people for light they do not use. Recently I visited one of my uncle in Lagos. He stayed in a room and palour self-con. PHCN use to give him bill of about N3000 and when I compare what they use in the house with prepaid meter charges, I told him the light they consume a month should not be up to N1500.

About 3 month ago, PHCN brought a bill of N11000 plus and my uncle became angry. He went to pay N3000 to them and complain of the high charge. While he was away they came and disconnect the light without dropping disconnection fee document. So he went to their office the next they and demand for disconnection fee paper which he was given. That month finished and PHCN brought another bill of N9000 plus even when he did not use any light. Up till now the matter is under investigation.

Few days ago, a newly posted staff was sent to investigate the case and he plainly told my uncle that it is a case of corruption on the part of some of the 'oga at the top'. That majority of them just increase the money anyhow and pocket the excess. He was even suggesting that the best thing that can happen there is to invite EFCC to investigate the corruption going on there.

That brings me back to my question. Are Nigerians fool or is PHCN members smart? Imagine someone receiving a 300% increase in bill without additional facility in the house and yet do not complain. Worse still, my uncle has applied for prepaid meter severaly and finally they told him his own will come in 2020. The worst part is that PHCN will disconnect the light without dropping the disconnection fee paper. In essence which means that you are still using light and will continue to receive the bill.

So what do you think? Is it a case of foolishness on the part of Nigerians or smartness on the part of PHCN members?
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by cobadit(m): 7:40am On May 08, 2017
To be candid some Nigerians are fool not to fight their right when those PHCN staff are trying to play smart. But to the wise Nigerians they just see those PHCN staffs as mumu that seems to be playing smart because Nigerians can outsmart them if dey truly want to
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by Nobody: 7:40am On May 08, 2017
The best thing is to install prepaid met
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by hakeem4(m): 7:40am On May 08, 2017
Use prepaid meter
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by jetroolowole(m): 7:42am On May 08, 2017
lofty900:
The best thing is to install prepaid met
You are right. My uncle has applied for prepaid meter and they told him his own will come in 2020.
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by Nobody: 7:48am On May 08, 2017
jetroolowole:
You are right. My uncle has applied for prepaid meter and they told him his own will come in 2020.
Jesus, does it take that long?
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by buzquet(m): 7:49am On May 08, 2017
Nigerians are fools to take and belive anything

Nigerians are cowards to fight back
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by Alisegun(m): 7:52am On May 08, 2017
Lemme sha no talk... cause for our house them don give us 10000 for a month before
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by jetroolowole(m): 7:52am On May 08, 2017
lofty900:
Jesus, does it take that long?
My brother, its part of the corruption we talk about. They must have find out that he does not consume much light and it will be bad market if they give him prepaid meter. So they want to continue the usual extortion.
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by Heavance(m): 7:56am On May 08, 2017
This is a general thing now, these NEPA/PHCN are not ready to give people any prepaid, and they have increased billing under this admin twice, yet we are singing change.
Our monthly bills was never up to 1,500 before, but since last 1year, it has gone from 4k to a fixed bill of 6200, without any other gadget, In fact, it is fixed generally for everyone, some are billed 8k monthly.
The story remains, they have sold phcn and they have new orders.
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by jetroolowole(m): 8:00am On May 08, 2017
Heavance:
This is a general thing now, these NEPA/PHCN are not ready to give people any prepaid, and they have increased billing under this admin twice, yet we are singing change.
Our monthly bills was never up to 1,500 before, but since last 1years, it has gone from 4k to a fixed bill of 6200, without any other gadget, In fact, it is fixed generally for everyone, some are billed 8k monthly.
The story remains, they have sold phcn and they have new orders.
You have sum it up. What I noticed is that the bill keep going up especially when you don't complain
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by Fuckshiit: 8:02am On May 08, 2017
Hungry Mö'fúçkerz
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by Moreoffaith(m): 8:07am On May 08, 2017
Baba I don tire for this matter ooo na do me self dey pay 3k plus every month ooo and man no dey stay house.

Senate needs to deliberate on this I swear

FG should give this mofo's just 9 month to import and install prepaid meter in every houses, Any house they fail to install the prepaid meter should not pay until they install meter..

With this their brain will be restore

Bunch of fools extorting Nigerians..
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by psucc(m): 8:12am On May 08, 2017
Our mumu too much
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by nabiz(m): 8:13am On May 08, 2017
what dont know is above u. u mean phcn suppose give a disconnection fee paper whenever they disconnect ur light. Do u know these thieves have been disconnecting my light without dropping disconnection paper, but always charge even the days we did not use. No problem mek they near my house next time
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by Nobody: 9:27am On May 08, 2017
jetroolowole:
My brother, its part of the corruption we talk about. They must have find out that he does not consume much light and it will be bad market if they give him prepaid meter. So they want to continue the usual extortion.
he should go to the appropriate person, maybe to the head office.
Re: Are Nigerians Fool Or Is PHCN Members Smart? by jetroolowole(m): 10:44am On May 08, 2017
nabiz:
what dont know is above u. u mean phcn suppose give a disconnection fee paper whenever they disconnect ur light. Do u know these thieves have been disconnecting my light without dropping disconnection paper, but always charge even the days we did not use. No problem mek they near my house next time
They have been short changing you. before they disconnect your light request for the paper. I swear by the time they see that everybody is doing that they will be reluctant to disconnect people's light

(1) (Reply)

Onitsha, Nnewi Residents Shut Markets, Shops, Financial Institutions / Dino Melaye Was A Boy On The Street When I Was NUJ President – Smart Adeyemi / Nigeria’s Prof. Awosika Re-elected As Chair Of UN Scientific Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.