Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience (18148 Views)

How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Man With 'Osha Ojota' Tattoo Caught Pickpocketing A Police Officer (Photos) / Kidnapper Evans: "Why I Didn't Operate In Yoruba States Apart From Lagos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by onismate: 8:22am On May 08, 2017
For someone who have stayed in Lagos and Abuja, having experience and seen bad guys doing pick pocketing. I will just compare pick pocketing in Lagos and Abuja with my experience, there different styles and techniques

Lagos Pickpocket

I could remember last year I came into Lagos, though not my first time. With my back and overload of confidence as if my dad is the Governor. I had Earpiece on my ears and plugged to my phone listening to music. The phone was inside the pocket of my trouser. I walked to the Oshodi overhead bridge to cross to the other side were I will get a danfo cab that will take me to Iyana Ipaja. Some of us know how crowded that bridge is when people are walking by. Before I knew what was happening, the connector of my earpiece dropped out of my pocket. “It has happened, welcome to Lagos.” My phone was gone. It was just like a magic, I couldn’t even explain how manage they did it. I have been pickpocketed. That was the day I respected Lagos pickpockets. I was so devastated but I moved on.

Abuja Pickpocket

Abuja pickpockets, they are masters inside the car and they do it aggressively. Their own na thief or arm robbery. I could remember one evening I was coming from Lagos. I entered Abuja late at night. I entered a taxi in Berger heading to Dutse. As I enter, na so about 3 guys enter the car too. I was with my phone browsing. Na so I remove my earpiece from my ear so if anything dey happen I go dey aware. We were sitting at the back and I was sitting close to the door. One of the guys stretched his hand and was whining down the glass window which is the side I was sitting. The way he was doing it, his hand was going close to my left pocket. Na so I tell the guy say e don do because I was sitting close to the window. That was much air was coming in and I was feeling cold. I looked to see the other window door and the guy and his friends didn’t make any attempt to whine it down. “why e come be say na my own dem dey whine down!” I kept quiet as the journey continued. They got to their destination and refused to come down. They told the driver to move further. Finally they dropped and want to pay. One of the guys turned round to the window side where I was sitting. Immediately I saw him, because I was still browsing with my phone, I brought down my phone and was looking at him. Everything about the guys were suspicious. I felt he wanted to snatch my phone from me. After they paid and left, the driver moved. The driver asked I should check my pockets and everything if they are not missing. Na so I check and nothing was missing. He said I should thank God because he was watching from the front mirror what was happening at the back. He said the guys were pickpockets. And the rate at which they pickpocket in Abuja is increasing and if they didn’t succeed, they use violence, rob you.

With this, guys who pickpocket in Lagos are more smart and fast that when they rob you, it will look like magic. Abuja pick pockets are still learning and they are mostly done in a violent way.

https://www.hovabuzz.com/2-uncategorised/1377-comparison-between-pick-pocketing-in-lagos-and-pick-pocketing-in-abuja-with-experience

if you have had your experience, share it and your views too.

4 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Nobody: 8:23am On May 08, 2017
I picked a pickpocket's pocket somewhere at Oshodi.

He picked my 50 Naira and I picked his 200 Naira.

Never joke with the guys from the east!!

042 is the code..!!

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by buddie(m): 8:39am On May 08, 2017
Witnessed one while heading from costain to surulere, the pick pocket pretended to be trying to get his T fare from his pocket while indeed I could feel his hand inside my own pocket trying hard to pull out my handset. Looked down and noticed he had the flat folder like bag he placed on his lap and over my leg that prevented me from seeing what was going down. Didn't say a word and simply allowed him to continue struggling till we got to our final destination grin grin grin

29 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by HolyCraig: 9:34am On May 08, 2017
What the bible say concerning 'Lagos pickpockets'

“Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.” - Revelation 16:15

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by sbashir10(m): 9:34am On May 08, 2017
Ibadan own worst, they'll pick your pocket, and even when caught, the people around will blame you for not keeping a close eye on it.....

i carry Yansh for Ibadan people

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by emeijeh(m): 9:35am On May 08, 2017
Na to dey put tiger razor blade for back pockets sure pass

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by aleeyus(m): 9:35am On May 08, 2017
I repeat this is not news
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by BigBrother9ja: 9:35am On May 08, 2017
Only you mmm??
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by XX17: 9:35am On May 08, 2017
Somebody will hug you and your phone will be missing...
Is that not an example of Nigerian's got talent?
grin grin grin

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Franzinni: 9:36am On May 08, 2017
angry
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by 3DCYCLOPS: 9:37am On May 08, 2017
nice hustle

till tire rounds your neck...Don't ask for mercy then.

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by momodub: 9:37am On May 08, 2017
Na only you Waka come
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by ekensi01: 9:38am On May 08, 2017
This why i love Nigeria we have intelligent people who works with sense only in crime. Home sweet Home. Jerry can explain better. grin

7 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Tekecoms1(m): 9:38am On May 08, 2017
Awon omoale jatijati. If they are stoned to death now someone somewhere will be kanuing them not ranti wipe that they yhaff put cry on some people's faces.

4 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Sharon6(f): 9:38am On May 08, 2017
Please check my SIGNATURE!
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Qudbell(m): 9:39am On May 08, 2017
Guardians of the galaxy is showing in cinemas, gotta see the movie. U know why? Becos im part of the crew - check signature. grin grin
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Victornezzar: 9:39am On May 08, 2017
Ordinary welcome dey did 2 u in lag nd ur complaining

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by holluwai(m): 9:40am On May 08, 2017
This op you too like earpiece.

7 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Franzinni: 9:40am On May 08, 2017
fernandobush:

042 is the code..!!
nicely scripted.... Lie!

22 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Officialkplus(m): 9:41am On May 08, 2017
.I could remember a time I&my cousin (a girl) was coming from abk to Lagos..

We both carried our laptops bag(that one that looks like school bag)..

Immediately we dropped at ketu-ikosi..I told her to walk fast&smart and to be careful of omo-wobe.

But she his playing aje-butter,

MeanWhile to cut the long story short, I walk ahead of her&and decided to wait for her the the overhead bridge..

I saw a guy unzipping a bag from behind.. I approach the guy&challenge him..
Wettin I see make me laugh out loud..

The guys successfully stole my cousin wet pant(underwear that is yet to dry at abk) grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by SmartPunter(m): 9:42am On May 08, 2017
I have witness this guys once at opp iweka onitsha but dem no succed because i came 4rm aba we sabi past
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Agriman(m): 9:42am On May 08, 2017
Thesame punishment?

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by money121(m): 9:42am On May 08, 2017
grin
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by moscobabs(m): 9:43am On May 08, 2017
l
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by thesuave10(m): 9:44am On May 08, 2017
fernandobush:

042 is the code..!!

You know it!
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by MeoClark(m): 9:45am On May 08, 2017
With Experience... Guy you gotta submit your CV for employment at a force office... Pls Not Nigerian police
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by ednut1(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2017
Been a victim at obalande. As i look back to see if i cud see the person. The whole obalende just big for my eye

20 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by iceboy4752(m): 9:47am On May 08, 2017
Dread Edo pickpockets o. If they can't move yah wallet, they'll move you away with witchcraft. grin

4 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by JideAmuGiaka: 9:47am On May 08, 2017
This old man was sitting by my left hand side in a bus, I was browsing with my IPad while my other phone was in my left pocket. This old man started coughing seriously, and was doing as if he want to faint. When I came down and walked to my shop, I realised that my phone was gone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Nobody: 9:50am On May 08, 2017
naso
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by RichieDaVinci01(m): 9:51am On May 08, 2017
Gimme space

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Survivors Of Zakibiam Attack Receiving Treatment In Hospital (Photos) / Sisters Of Death- HIV Drugs Served With Dinner / 10 People Killed By Suicide Bomber In Konduga, Borno State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.