Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,818 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

10 Things That Shows A Country Is Backward Aka Third World/developing Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things That Shows A Country Is Backward Aka Third World/developing Country. (761 Views)

Man Asks Google Which Country Is Called Zoo - Watch To See Result / Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai / No Country Is Better Than Nigeria in the world (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things That Shows A Country Is Backward Aka Third World/developing Country. by successinlife: 8:34am On May 08, 2017
Sorry if you find it direct or truthfull,i have been pondering over this topic for a long time and fortunately i am off work today and i decide to hit the topic and get it out of my head so that we can think deep and try to find out the solution,especially as it concerns my loved and cherished country (Nigeria).It is a known fact that the generation of today don't want long epistles,it is fast world today,i will therefore keep my introduction very short and hit the nail on the head.I am a situation analyst,i took my time before coming up with these facts.Opinion may differ but meaningful conclusion after educative and result oriented opinion is always the hard earned gains of all progressive dialogue.God bless us all.

1. Over reliance on Religion.
2. Misplaced priorities.
3. Selfishness.
4. Dishonesty.
5. Greed.
6. Get rich quick/Impatient.
7. Lack of Morale.
8. Lack of a blue print/Plan.
9. Deceit.
10. Indiscipline.
Re: 10 Things That Shows A Country Is Backward Aka Third World/developing Country. by divinehand2003(m): 8:43am On May 08, 2017
Others are:

-Mediocrity
-Massive looting of public funds
-Severe poverty
-Gross unemployment
-Terrible and comatose educational institutions with certificates that aren't acceptable overseas
-High inflation rates
-Heavy international debt profile
-Etc.
Re: 10 Things That Shows A Country Is Backward Aka Third World/developing Country. by successinlife: 10:52am On May 08, 2017
divinehand2003:
Others are:

-Mediocrity
-Massive looting of public funds
-Severe poverty
-Gross unemployment
-Terrible and comatose educational institutions with certificates that aren't acceptable overseas
-High inflation rates
-Heavy international debt profile
-Etc.

Yeap,i decided not to develop my points because of direct comparison.

Mediocrity - is an addition, good one.
Looting - is under Dishonesty/selfishness,which will later result in poverty,unemployent.
Deceit - is when you pretend to be somebody/something that you are not.
Mismanagement - Leads to high inflation and heavy debts.

Good points bro.
Re: 10 Things That Shows A Country Is Backward Aka Third World/developing Country. by trillville(m): 11:44am On May 08, 2017
the most important feature is lack of merit, people get things based on who they know. when there is no merit nothing works, because people lose the incentive to work hard as hard work doesn't lead to success.

lack of merit leads to an increase in religiousness, as people without connections turn to God to pick up their calls.

lack of merit also breeds powerful God fathers who create influence through the number of influential people they place in society. God fathers breed corruption and the cycle continues.
Re: 10 Things That Shows A Country Is Backward Aka Third World/developing Country. by successinlife: 12:07pm On May 08, 2017
trillville:
the most important feature is lack of merit, people get things based on who they know. when there is no merit nothing works, because people lose the incentive to work hard as hard work doesn't lead to success.

lack of merit leads to an increase in religiousness, as people without connections turn to God to pick up their calls.

lack of merit also breeds powerful God fathers who create influence through the number of influential people they place in society. God fathers breed corruption and the cycle continues.

Lack of merit:- is this different from mediocrity/lack of morale?

(1) (Reply)

NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's Punch Newspaper Headlines [30 May, 2017]. / Alleged Graft: EFCC Set To Reopen CCT Chair Probe / Buhari Might Be Dead- Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.