Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,943 members, 7,799,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result (3679 Views)

Scratch Card System In Laravel / A Volunteer Based In Abuja To Introduce Me To Website Programming Is Needed. / Creating A Scratch Card Verification System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by Ochiske(m): 11:22am On May 08, 2017
Good Day fellow programmers. I'm working on a school portal system for a secondary school. They intend to sell scratch cards to parents for result checking.
How do I add this functionality?
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by talk2hb1(m): 11:54am On May 08, 2017
Ochiske:
Good Day fellow programmers. I'm working on a school portal system for a secondary school. They intend to sell scratch cards to parents for result checking.
Simple, just create a table with all scratch card pin in it, immediately the parent/user enters the pin into your system to check result, validate the entered pin with your records, then change the status to active, lock the card pin to the user, it cant be used with another acct.
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by CodeHouse: 1:12pm On May 08, 2017
Ochiske:

Follow the directions of the poster above and you won't miss your way
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by Ochiske(m): 5:42pm On May 08, 2017
talk2hb1:

Simple, just create a table with all scratch card pin in it, immediately the parent/user enters the pin into your system to check result, validate the entered pin with your records, then change the status to active, lock the card pin to the user, it cant be used with another acct.

I can get your whatsapp contact bro?
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by talk2hb1(m): 9:00pm On May 08, 2017
Ochiske:

I can get your whatsapp contact bro?
<=>
Signature
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by Nobody: 10:54am On May 30, 2017
talk2hb1:

Exatly what i wanted to say. i have done this once... Works this same way.

1 Like

Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by adenuga558(m): 3:42pm On May 30, 2017
d answer has been posted on nairaland
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by logicalhumour: 5:08pm On May 30, 2017
To spice the answer up.

The pin table should be divided into 'used' and 'unused'

Once a pin is entered and correct, move it to 'used' in conjunction with the user and maybe 'times_used'. Subsiquently, if a pin is entered and is not found in 'unused', search used...and if the user is same, display result as you increment 'times_used'.

You know you should thank me. grin
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by babatope88(m): 5:30pm On May 30, 2017
talk2hb1:

Though I don't know how to go about challenges like this now, but I will never solve this way. What will happen if someone get an unauthorized access to my database table? Generate another sets of PIN? there should be better way.
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by talk2hb1(m): 6:31pm On May 30, 2017
babatope88:

Though I don't know how to go about challenges like this now, but I will never solve this way. What will happen if someone get an unauthorized access to my database table? Generate another sets of PIN? there should be better way.

If someone have access to your database, then the person doesn't need to create new pin, all the person need to do is download the your database instead of adding new pin undecided
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by talk2hb1(m): 6:32pm On May 30, 2017
I have a ready made online Secondary results checking script for sale, demo available on request.

1 Like

Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by adenuga558(m): 7:51pm On May 30, 2017
just create a random number I store it in data and show it out in admin panel 4 u to print it out

1 Like

Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by frankg1(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2017
INSTEAD OF CREATING A TABLE THAT CAN EASILY BE HACKED, Y NOT CREATE AN ALGORITHM FOR CHECKING ANY PIN ENTERED IN THE SITE TO VERIFY IF ITS AN ORIGINAL SCRATCH PIN..
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by talk2hb1(m): 9:02pm On May 30, 2017
frankg1:
INSTEAD OF CREATING A TABLE THAT CAN EASILY BE HACKED, Y NOT CREATE AN ALGORITHM FOR CHECKING ANY PIN ENTERED IN THE SITE TO VERIFY IF ITS AN ORIGINAL SCRATCH PIN..
Which Original Pin?
If I can reverse engineer your algorithm with machine learning forget everything is done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 30, 2017
You can save contents of your database to a cloud somewhere and you use a connecting string to connect it to it.

Windows Server R2 2012 can be good here.
That way you cannot easily download the database if hacked. Before you deploy check for SQL injections , Blind SQL Injections , Heartbleed injections , XSS and several other forms of take over.
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by logicalhumour: 9:55pm On May 30, 2017
babatope88:

Find good ways to generate your pins, else people (like me) will generate our own.

Don't use time stamps and all those base64 stuff. Contact me for more details
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by babatope88(m): 12:42pm On May 31, 2017
logicalhumour:
Find good ways to generate your pins, else people (like me) will generate our own.

Don't use time stamps and all those base64 stuff. Contact me for more details

I'm not building anything like that. No need of contacting you.
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by logicalhumour: 1:41pm On May 31, 2017
babatope88:

I'm not building anything like that. No need of contacting you.
I thought you talked of 'PIN'. Ok oo, farewell.
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by frankg1(m): 7:59pm On May 31, 2017
talk2hb1:

Which Original Pin?
If I can reverse engineer your algorithm with machine learning forget everything is done
LOL. OGA DONT JUST BLOW BIG ENGLISH WITHOUT BACKUP. THERE IS NO PRACTICAL WAY U CAN BREAK THAT KIND OF ALGORITHM WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL SOURCE CODE...WHICH WILL BE STORED ON THE SERVER. MACHINE LEARNING IS MACHINE LEARNING.
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by rayyspark(m): 8:09pm On May 31, 2017
The method might be simple,all that matters is security.
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by talk2hb1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
frankg1:

LOL. OGA DONT JUST BLOW BIG ENGLISH WITHOUT BACKUP. THERE IS NO PRACTICAL WAY U CAN BREAK THAT KIND OF ALGORITHM WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL SOURCE CODE...WHICH WILL BE STORED ON THE SERVER. MACHINE LEARNING IS MACHINE LEARNING.
This is not english classs bro undecided even if it were, it can't be instantiated. Hope you understand me
Re: How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
logicalhumour:
To spice the answer up.

The pin table should be divided into 'used' and 'unused'

Once a pin is entered and correct, move it to 'used' in conjunction with the user and maybe 'times_used'. Subsiquently, if a pin is entered and is not found in 'unused', search used...and if the user is same, display result as you increment 'times_used'.

You know you should thank me. grin
Pls can you help with the code sample?

(1) (Reply)

What The Different Between ENUM And ARRAY In Java / Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student / I Need Help With A Php Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.