Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1241402 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2018
tobe4real:
@Albion05,you’re a female aren’t you?

Btw..today makes it 60 days since I applied,don’t take all those processing times seriously undecided

My thoughts exactly
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 2:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
@Tobe4real, laugh wan kill me.ooooo lol!..
Am not a female.

The processing time is how we see it.
We are in it together.
I believe, a surge in the Visa application has really contributed to the delay.

Some of our academic institutions, financial institutions, professional bodies or any other involved that might have responded or relpy to DIBP early enough when they are been written to confirm some of our documents emanating from them. Some of them can take the whole time in the world to reply to DIBP.

No doubt attention have really moved from Canada to Australia in recent time, so that sums up some of the delay we are all experiencing. Patience is the key my dear. We all just have to hang on because in the end it's all worth it.

I pray Grant fall on us all.

tobe4real
post=64528846:

@Albion05,you’re a female aren’t you?

Btw..today makes it 60 days since I applied,don’t take all those processing times seriously undecided

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ferdinandurian(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2018
Albion05:
Good morning dear!..
I believe you graduated from school of nursing and so you have diploma in nursing (RN).
Is all good.

My advice and which is not final:
- Go for Bachelor degree in nursing, this will help improve your academic and career progression in this noble profession. You might decide to pursue MSC later on in your life because you must have already gotten the Bachelor degree.

The Bachelor degree earns you 2 years post graduate work permit. This helps you to buy time in other to pursue your PR mission and of course you will get it.

After your Bachelor degree in nursing, you can decide to specialize in any of the following speciality in nursing....

midwife

ANMAC

nurse practitioner

ANMAC

registered nurse (aged care)

ANMAC

registered nurse (child and family health)

ANMAC

registered nurse (community health)

ANMAC

registered nurse (critical care and emergency)

ANMAC

registered nurse (developmental disability)

ANMAC

registered nurse (disability and rehabilitation)

ANMAC

registered nurse (medical)

ANMAC

registered nurse (medical practice)

ANMAC

registered nurse (mental health)

ANMAC

registered nurse (perioperative)

ANMAC

registered nurse (surgical)

ANMAC

registered nurse (paediatrics)

ANMAC

registered nurses (nec)

ANMAC.

With your age, in the late 20's, Bachelor degree in nursing will be your right point of call. Going for certificate program will be very difficult to convinced the Case officer, because of your age and you already had a diploma in nursing. But that does not mean is not possible, it is, but difficult.

If you choose to pursue the certificate course and you were lucky to gain visa grant, after the program you are only entitled to apply for Graduate work permit but not post graduate work permit irrespective of your course as far as the Australian qualification frame work is concern, AQF.

Synopsis of Graduate work permit!...
link-https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/485/requirements-graduate-work-stream.aspx

Graduate Work Stream requirements

For international students with an eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the list of eligible skilled occupations. A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.

Requirements for this visa include:
you nominate an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
your visa application included evidence that you had applied for a skills assessment for your nominated skilled occupation by a relevant assessing authority
your skills have been assessed by a relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated skilled occupation ('suitable skills assessment')
you have met the Australian study requirement in the past six months
each degree, diploma or trade qualification used to meet the Australian study requirement is closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.
You must nominate an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). You can nominate only one occupation and you cannot change that occupation after you apply

Eligible qualifications
For the purposes of applying for a subclass 485 under the Graduate Work stream, the course/courses must have resulted in a degree, diploma or trade qualification. For example, a student may complete two consecutive Diploma level courses and satisfy the Australian study requirement under the Graduate Work stream, provided the other components of the requirement are satisfied.
Qualifications must be closely related to nominated occupation

The qualification(s) completed must be closely related to the student's nominated skilled occupation. For your qualification to be considered to be closely related to your nominated occupation, the skills underpinning the qualification must be directly transferable to that occupation. This applies to both the subject matter and the level of the qualification. For example, if you nominate 'physiotherapist' as your occupation, a degree in physiotherapy would meet this requirement, but a degree in commerce would not.

Example: Acceptable combinations of study and nominated occupations include:
an applicant who nominates 'Physiotherapist' as their skilled occupation and completes a degree in physiotherapy in Australia
an applicant who nominates 'Air-conditioning and Mechanical Services Plumber' as their skilled occupation who has completed a Certificate III in Plumbing and a Diploma of Plumbing and Services in Australia

Example: A combination of study and nominated occupation that would not be acceptable:
An applicant's nominated occupation is Registered Nurse but they satisfied the Australian study requirement on the basis of having completed a Bachelor of Commerce.
Skills assessment

It is your responsibility to arrange for the skills assessment. Contact the relevant assessing authority well before you apply for this visa, because each assessing authority has its own assessment procedures, timeframes and charges.
Contact details for Assessing Authorities are listed on the department's website.
You must apply to the relevant assessing authority to obtain a suitable skills assessment prior to lodging your application

If your nominated occupation is 'medical practitioner', evidence of your full medical registration is accepted as evidence of a skills assessment. Further information can be found on migration of medical practitioners under the general skilled migration program

If your nominated occupation is a Nurse, you must obtain a skills assessment from the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) even if currently registered to work as a nurse in an Australian state or territory

A skills assessment is only valid until the expiry date specified on the assessment, or for a period of three years from the assessment's date of issue.

N/B: Post graduate work permit is different from Permanent residence.
Courses with 2 years duration of study guarantees you 2 years post graduate work permit and not permanent residence. Some person starts early enough to pursue their PR mission and with the 2 years post graduate work permit, it helps buys time for you to pursue that.

The age care was added to certificate program as a course, before people can do that in days or few weeks to get the cert but now, it is a program on it own where you pay tuition fee for that.

As a nurse to get permanent residence is not really a big issue like that compare to some other courses.....
I have already highlighted specialities you can specialize as a nurse and obtain your PR having met the requirement of your governing body(The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) and as well pass the English proficient test.

If you have any other question drop it, I will be willing to answer you to the best of my knowledge and other gurus in the house will do the same for you.

thank you very much sir, you have widend my understanding.

I have a fear concerning skills assessment from the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC). I learnt that after verifying Nigerian RN diploma certificate, it do come out to be below their standards in comparison.

with this fear, and your explanation above I concluded that my best bet is to go for nursing degree. so there comes my question...

please can you suggest school(CHEAP one oo � ) that will accept RN-Bnsc top up?

I also learnt that offering degree nursing to international students is difficult. how true is it?

still afraid of my age, Will be 28 next B-Day. not married
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 3:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
Certainly, such fear abound, only when you are not furnished with the right information.
But I can assure you don't need to fear or entertain such
In your mind.

I can not suggest any particular school to you because of personal preferences ..... but I can list schools in Australia which you can check out on your own.

Look at those schools that offer BSC in nursing for international students and they are so many of them.
I believe you have access to the internet, relax and search them one by one under undergraduate program because you are going for bachelors degree in nursing to be precise.

Australian education generally is expensive compare to some other countries , so look at the one you can afford.

You will get admitted when you meet the required documents.
Your age have little or no effect because there is career progression in your case. From Diploma nursing to Bachelor degree in nursing shows your clear intention that you really want to progress in your career.

You need to write English proficiency test be it IELTS, PTE, TOEFEL and the likes.
Send in your O level result as well as your diploma result ( RN license). You can go further to your school to get transcript of the courses you did in your 3 years and 6 months of study in your school of nursing. I believe your school have your records of all your results.
Get recommendation letter or reference letter from your school.
Pay the application fee which is not more than 100AUS dollars.
Write statement of purpose why you choose this course, why the school, why Australia and not in your home country........etc....
Find below a pictorial representation of the schools you will search for your intended program.

During the course of your application process, admission and visa application, gurus in the house will be willing to guide you.
Goodluck!..

ferdinandurian:
thank you very much sir, you have widend my understanding.

I have a fear concerning skills assessment from the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC). I learnt that after verifying Nigerian RN diploma certificate, it do come out to be below their standards in comparison.

with this fear, and your explanation above I concluded that my best bet is to go for nursing degree. so there comes my question...

please can you suggest school(CHEAP one oo � ) that will accept RN-Bnsc top up?

I also learnt that offering degree nursing to international students is difficult. how true is it?

still afraid of my age, Will be 28 next B-Day. not married

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrFuckallday: 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2018
Can anyone confirm if Oz checks for cannabis during medicals? Thank you for your anticipated response
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2018
Bros!...... if cannabis is your worry. Worry less.
Make sure that you keep your system clean few days before going for your medical test.
Drink plenty of water prior to the day of your medicals.
Basically, Chest x-ray, Urinalysis, Blood related test will be carried out on you as well as physical health examination.
But if you want the Cannabis to become a problem to you, you can take it the day of your medicals, probably you might get there and misbehave and then you will be referred to a Psychiatric home or hospital..... lol!...

Use your tongue and count your teeth young man!..

MrFuckallday:
Can anyone confirm if Oz checks for cannabis during medicals? Thank you for your anticipated response

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrFuckallday: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
Albion05:
Make sure that you keep your system clean few days before going for your medical test.
Basically, Chest x-ray, Urinalysis, Blood related test will be carried out on you as well as physical health examination.
But if you want the Cannabis to become a problem to you, you can take it the day of your medicals, probably you might get there and misbehave and then you will be referred to a Psychiatric home or hospital..... lol!...

Thanks brother. That's a matured response �

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 7:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
Kudos to y'all solving people problem, you guys are doing great job.
Hoping to start my own school processing too.
This our Oz hustle must yield fruit oo

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2018
Albion05:

Proper response my guy , cannabis will always be there but visa opportunity only comes once

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ferdinandurian(m): 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2018
Albion05:
Certainly, such fear abound, only when you are not furnished with the right information.
But I can assure you don't need to fear or entertain such
In your mind.

I can not suggest any particular school to you because of personal preferences ..... but I can list schools in Australia which you can check out on your own.

Look at those schools that offer BSC in nursing for international students and they are so many of them.
I believe you have access to the internet, relax and search them one by one under undergraduate program because you are going for bachelors degree in nursing to be precise.

Australian education generally is expensive compare to some other countries , so look at the one you can afford.

You will get admitted when you meet the required documents.
Your age have little or no effect because there is career progression in your case. From Diploma nursing to Bachelor degree in nursing shows your clear intention that you really want to progress in your career.

You need to write English proficiency test be it IELTS, PTE, TOEFEL and the likes.
Send in your O level result as well as your diploma result ( RN license). You can go further to your school to get transcript of the courses you did in your 3 years and 6 months of study in your school of nursing. I believe your school have your records of all your results.
Get recommendation letter or reference letter from your school.
Pay the application fee which is not more than 100AUS dollars.
Write statement of purpose why you choose this course, why the school, why Australia and not in your home country........etc....
Find below a pictorial representation of the schools you will search for your intended program.

During the course of your application process, admission and visa application, gurus in the house will be willing to guide you.
Goodluck!..

thank you boss. can I pm you?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2018
My dear, just ask your questions here so that the gurus can profer solution to it.
Someone else like the silent group readers association and new comers can also benefit from it.
If you want to pm me, no problem but we always advice people to ask their questions on the forum for the gurus in the house to make their worthy and meanginful contributions. Nobody knows it all.

ferdinandurian:
thank you boss. can I pm you?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abiodun56: 7:21am On Jan 27, 2018
I applied for Visa since October and Assessment is still in Progress, is there any Oct applicant in the house?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 7:28am On Jan 27, 2018
abiodun56:
I applied for Visa since October and Assessment is still in Progress, is there any Oct applicant in the house?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abiodun56: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2018
soopamom:

October applicant here. Same status. My friend applied on the 11th and he got his visa two weeks ago. I called on Thursday and they said my case officer is still reviewing my case.

Thanks.
I think my next line of action is to put a call to them or send them a mail. February is almost here and I am to resume mid-February.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ayolachris: 7:54am On Jan 27, 2018
abiodun56:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ayolachris: 8:04am On Jan 27, 2018
I also applied since 11th Oct 2017. Did biometrics on 12th n medicals on 13th. I haven't heard from dem oo. Though I applied for spouse visa. And even sent an email to dem, but wen I dint hear from dem iafter 9 days, I sent dem another email. And dis d reply I got on Thursday dis wk ::

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for the information, it has been forwarded to the case officer for their action/consideration.

Regards

Temporary Visa Processing Team

Department of Home Affairs
Australian High Commission
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
Tel:   + 27 (0)12 423 6000
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DidoKev: 8:34am On Jan 27, 2018
kofson:
My family, Victory at last. I just received my grant today.
I applied on the 12/06/17.
No contact until August 2017 , where I was asked for my deferral letter which I submitted.
Now the good news just popped up.
Thanks to all nairaland family.
Charles Darwin University- Masters

Visa Grant will start falling from this month going
Congrats. Please did you submit new COE after deferring to Feb or just updated offer letter? Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DidoKev: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2018
Ayolachris:
I also applied since 11th Oct 2017. Did biometrics on 12th n medicals on 13th. I haven't heard from dem oo. Though I applied for spouse visa. And even sent an email to dem, but wen I dint hear from dem iafter 9 days, I sent dem another email. And dis d reply I got on Thursday dis wk ::

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for the information, it has been forwarded to the case officer for their action/consideration.

Regards

Temporary Visa Processing Team

Department of Home Affairs
Australian High Commission
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
Tel:   + 27 (0)12 423 6000
You will be contacted soon by your CO if need be before the grant. A friend who got this type of mail was contacted to provide additional document.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Okemdujay21: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2018
Hello good morning all, I am new here actually though I was once one of the silent readers association, my question now is this, I just graduated last year yet to go for my NYSC. But I consider looking for a way to do that and focus on the future Now I want to know about this Australian student visa thing.... Can I also apply to study Business Administration(Masters) thou I did Marketing in my tertiary institution. Is there any other thing I need to know before applying. Thank you for your kind answers.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:44am On Jan 27, 2018
soopamom:

October applicant here. Same status. My friend applied on the 11th and he got his visa two weeks ago. I called on Thursday and they said my case officer is still reviewing my case.
11th of which month and year ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 11:19am On Jan 27, 2018
soopamom:

You just broke rule 8
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
Solitin40:

11th of which month and year ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2018
uckennety:

You just broke rule 8
What is rule 8?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
soopamom:

What is rule 8?
Don't post false information on nairaland

Show evidence of the person that got visa in 2weeks

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by skydon(m): 12:46pm On Jan 27, 2018
Hello guys, i just realised that my OSHC with Bupa will commence on 12/02/2018 meanwhile I have purchased my ticket and should be in Australia on 02/02/2018.
How do I obtain additional OSHC that will cover from 2nd Feb to 11th Feb (10 days) or even up to a month so as to avoid issues at the port of entry?
Can this be achieved quickly?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
uckennety:

Don't post false information on nairaland

Show evidence of the person that got visa in 2weeks
l
You didn't read my post properly. He got his visa two weeks ago. He applied in October and got his visa two weeks ago.do you get it now?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2018
soopamom:
l
You didn't read my post properly. He got his visa two weeks ago. He applied in October and got his visa two weeks ago.do you get it now?

Proof

Or go yabaleft
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
uckennety:

Proof

Or go yabaleft [quote author=uckennety post=64556133]

Proof

Or go yabaleft
Don't be rude, young man. I don't owe you anything.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2018
[quote author=soopamom post=64556214][/quote]

Sorry sir
grin

Yabaleft
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
uckennety:

Sorry sir
grin

Yabaleft
LOL
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2018
soopamom:

LOL

2weeks ago nt 2weeks time!ok clear now
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sistaj: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
uckennety:

2weeks ago nt 2weeks time!ok clear now
Why don't you try to understand first before passing judgement.Most folks here understood what he meant on a first read.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.