Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1245516 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Humble11: 10:08am On Nov 27, 2018
MJ888:

Dont know what's going on with Pretoria's VO. Maybe they are doing these on purpose. Just terrible to wait for months to get visa.
Well, it will end in praise

How many months now?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MJ888: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
Humble11:

How many months now?
Four
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Humble11: 4:15pm On Nov 27, 2018
MJ888:

Four

Mehn, why are they taking this so much time
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gracy99: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2018
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tommee: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello Gurus,

Am a bit confused, my PTE scores came out and i had an overall 53 with L-58 R-47 S-50 and W-57 but on the schools website (University of Wollongong) the attached was stated there. Kindly help interpret and ascertain if i meet the cut off or i should just register for another exam sharply. Anyone in University of wollongong please advise

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Humble11: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
tommee:
Hello Gurus,

Am a bit confused, my PTE scores came out and i had an overall 53 with L-58 R-47 S-50 and W-57 but on the schools website (University of Wollongong) the attached was stated there. Kindly help interpret and ascertain if i meet the cut off or i should just register for another exam sharply. Anyone in University of wollongong please advise

You fall under 5.5 IETLS
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by opeey(m): 11:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
[quote author=justwise post=56319564][/quote] pls is dere any msc scholarship in Australia for architectural engineering
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iriferi(m): 3:12am On Nov 28, 2018
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tommee: 8:54am On Nov 28, 2018
Humble11:

You fall under 5.5 IETLS

@Humble11 does this mean i have met the schools requirement please see the attachment

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Humble11: 10:04am On Nov 28, 2018
tommee:

@Humble11 does this mean i have met the schools requirement please see the attachment

Yes
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by homody(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
[quote author=justwise post=56319580][/quote]

I greet you all , special thanks to those who have been making this forum more educative .
Have not had that opportunity to travel out of the country but but I'm one of the silent reader have learned a lot from you guys .

My name have been shortlisted to be part of an event in Australia as a volunteer worker, it's my first time, I just requested for an invitation letter to apply for a visa, this is where I I need you all,
What are doucments I will be submitting with the letter from the organizer, how can I fast track the processing since thy have no embassy here in Nigeria.?

Please I need contribution from the experts.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
homody:

I greet you all , special thanks to those who have been making this forum more educative .
Have not had that opportunity to travel out of the country but but I'm one of the silent reader have learned a lot from you guys .

My name have been shortlisted to be part of an event in Australia as a volunteer worker, it's my first time, I just requested for an invitation letter to apply for a visa, this is where I I need you all,
What are doucments I will be submitting with the letter from the organizer, how can I fast track the processing since thy have no embassy here in Nigeria.?

Please I need contribution from the experts.

This is the visa subclass you do be applying for:

Visitor visa (subclass 600)
Visitor visa (subclass 600)
Tourist stream (apply outside Australia)
This visa stream lets you visit Australia as a tourist, to go on a cruise or to see family and friends.

Stay

Up to 12 months (Means you could get 3, 6 or 12months entry into Australia)

Cost

From AUD140

Processing times
75% of applications: 17 days
90% of applications: 29 days
(The other 10% could take longer depending on the circumstances at the time you applied)

With this visa you can:

visit family or friends
be here as a tourist, for a cruise, or for purposes other than business or medical treatment

You must:
intend to come to Australia to visit only
have enough money for your stay in Australia
not work in Australia

Recommended documents to include:

*Your current job Letter of employment, Photo ID, 3month Payslips, (bank statement; even if they intend to care for your living expenses during the duration of your stay)

*Travel itineraries, travel insurance, police clearance

How to apply for your visa:
You may be able to apply online via immiaccount or send your documents to Australian embassy in Pretoria South Africa.

Make sure the work involved would not otherwise be done in return for wages by an Australian resident.
The work is genuinely voluntary and you receive no remuneration for the activities.
Breaching aforementioned laws could lead to your immediate removal from Australia follow by a 3yrs ban.

Godspeed.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sollej: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
Good evening everyone. Please who knows how reliable and efficient is Turkish airlines?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jolomirapheal: 12:00am On Nov 29, 2018
hello great people, i am new here and i need serious help on how to go about the process of applying for a work and study visa in australia. i have HND in electrical/electronics engineering.
i need a cheaper school with less less stress.
thank you. i am looking forward to a kind response
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 9:46am On Nov 29, 2018
Iskabaa:

Documents submitted

COE
Undergraduate Certificate
Post graduate certificate
Professional courses certificates
NYSC Certificate
WAEC Certificate
Certificates of Merits from University clubs and associations
IELTS Certificate
NPC Birth certificate
International vaccination certificate (yellow card)
Statement of purpose
12 months of funds calculation
Résumé
Registration documents of my businesses
Personal SOA & Bank ref. letter - Closing balance NGN 4.6m
Sponsor's SOAs & Bank ref. letters (2 banks) - about NGN 7.8m
Sponsor's business registration certificate
Sponsor's business receipts and local govt tax receipts for evidence of income
Father's business registration certificate
Front page of tenancies and receipts of rents
Receipts
Govt primary school testimonial
Govt Sec school testimonial
Certificate of participation of conferences and seminars relating to my proposed Msc course
Undergraduate and postgraduate transcripts
International passport data page
Passport photograph
Formal invitations to 2 international conferences

After natural justice query, I submitted

Natural justice reply
Notification of incorrect answers
US visa appointment and confirmation documents
2 US visa refusal letters
2 visa grants with entry and exit stamps on passport
Academic reference letter with Federal University letter head
Professional reference letter with State Ministry letter head

TUJ.

Hello bro, from ur checklist, does it mean u did not submit the Yellow fever card and Police Clearance report?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hello guyz.

Quick one,

Is it better to do upfront medicals? Or wait till the VO advises one to do so after visa application

Urgent pla
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tommee: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2018
Humble11:

Yes

Thank you sir
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ishiamu(m): 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2018
seyo99:
Nice job oga justwise

@babajigga as an applicant of a streamline uni you enjoy less risk, and you won't be required to submit some documents like English proficiency result, statement of account and I also think visa grants are faster.

What is streamline university please?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jiyde: 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hello people in the house... there is something that has been coming to mind lately and I have decided to seek for advice...

I resigned from my previous job this year Jan... went for a professional training between April and August this year... while applying for my VISA, I stated there that I had stopped working and currently just finished a training in August (I applied for VISA after that period)... now between August and Now, i have just been doing personal jobs...no official employment...

I am having a feeling that the DIBP could ask me for proof of employment or ask for what i have been up to since i resigned from my professional job in Jan...

Please guys, what is the best thing to say or do if that eventually comes up... NB: I submitted the certificate from the training along with my application... but what if they still ask for what I have been doing as the training wasnt a paid training... Please gurus in the house help...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
jiyde:
Hello people in the house... there is something that has been coming to mind lately and I have decided to seek for advice...

I resigned from my previous job this year Jan... went for a professional training between April and August this year... while applying for my VISA, I stated there that I had stopped working and currently just finished a training in August (I applied for VISA after that period)... now between August and Now, i have just been doing personal jobs...no official employment...

I am having a feeling that the DIBP could ask me for proof of employment or ask for what i have been up to since i resigned from my professional job in Jan...

Please guys, what is the best thing to say or do if that eventually comes up... NB: I submitted the certificate from the training along with my application... but what if they still ask for what I have been doing as the training wasnt a paid training... Please gurus in the house help...

Gurus kindly help out.

For me, If the training is inline with ur chosen course to which you're travelling to Aussie for, it will rather be an advantage.

So just keep calm and expect the best.

Meanwhile I am about submitting my visa app, but my passport na Virginia... Someone told me to go and collect ghana visa stamp which includes Togo and Benin too..

What do u all say....does ghana visa count?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armstrong34(m): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
LadyHeaven:

The school i am applying to doesn't require Ielts, do you mean its still advisable to do it because of immigration?
...which school is that?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gracy99: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
vikmeek:
Hello guyz.

Quick one,

Is it better to do upfront medicals? Or wait till the VO advises one to do so after visa application

Urgent pla
No one has answered, I will like to know too
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by folashade3272(f): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
Upfront is always better
Gracy99:

No one has answered, I will like to know too

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MisterSpark: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Pls is it perfectly okay to sit for TOEFL as I plan to study in Australia.

I noticed most people enroll for IELTS/PTE, is their any disadvantage I am not seeing?

Kindly enlighten me, thanks.��
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mcbnmcgn: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2018
Am in University of Wollongong, how may I help you? What's the overall score they needed for your course? And what do you intend to study?
tommee:
Hello Gurus,

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mcbnmcgn: 11:44am On Dec 01, 2018
With all due respect sir/ma kindly do more of your research. Wollongong is not a regional area is a metropolitan area. I drive for just an hour from Sydney to Wollongong. Both Newcastle and Wollongong are not regional area. Please research well before coming here to spread wrong information. Thanks
iriferi:

Gold Coast is alright. Don't be scared. Wollongong is a regional area, it's far from Sydney. I think about an 1 - 2 hours. But Gold Coast is close to Brisbane. 40 minutes to 1 hour drive.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EZINNE1759(f): 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
JewelStone:

Hey, a quick Google search will answer your question.

Why do you want to study Business Admin in Australia though? You're better off studying basket weaving. Just saying
grin grin this had me in stitches

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
mcbnmcgn:
Good day fam.....have submitted my application already and am getting married in Dec. I didn't add my spouse name to my visa application because we don't have d marriage certificate yet since our registry is meant to hold somewhere around November while our traditional is to hold by December. Now am worried because I don't know if it would affect my spouse joining me as a dependent in future, although my agent said we would just fill form 1022 along with the marriage certificate once d visa is out since d marriage took place after d visa was submitted/issued. Please I need more clarification on this.
Thanks

Hi.

Please how did u solve this..is ur hubby with u in Aussie or about to wed, will need info pls
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bsafolabi: 12:52am On Dec 02, 2018
Please House
My wife had Bsc in Psychology, what other courses can she apply for at master level apart from psychology?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:22am On Dec 02, 2018
bsafolabi:
Please House
My wife had Bsc in Psychology, what other courses can she apply for at master level apart from psychology?
I think social work... But needs a good SOP and you g@ find a very fine fit of the social work with psychology..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:25am On Dec 02, 2018
MisterSpark:
Hello Everyone,

Pls is it perfectly okay to sit for TOEFL as I plan to study in Australia.

I noticed most people enroll for IELTS/PTE, is their any disadvantage I am not seeing?

Kindly enlighten me, thanks.��
Check your desired Uni and look out for the English proficiency requirements page. True, most people opt for IELTS and or PTE. I even recommend PTE on the account that it is an algorithm you are just out to beat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.