Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1245673 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by masco131(m): 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2019
DiiVictory:
Please house, I want to know how much is the student visa application fees?
And is it paid for in USD or Aid?
You can use your debit card to pay it and it’s aud...check immi website for the price
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by klawaaa: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2019
Please, does this apply to electrical engrs or technologies too ?? Thanks
bligs:

The core engineering profession doesn't require years of experience just that you won't be able to claim points for it, Google EA the assessing body for engineers, download their booklet and you will understand better. Personally I see it as a waste of time and money for someone that study civil engineering or any building/construction related course aside architect and agricultural related course to come here through study because some state and a lot of regional areas are sponsoring these professions.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2019
Emaxxy:

You are indeed a rare gem sir, giving out your precious time to enlighten a stranger. May God bless your hustle sir.
Your explanation on personal interest is on point. As it is, am already in the middle of my application but sir, can I change from digital learning to early childhood education after getting to Australia without a hitch.

No worries bro. I have been shown favour in my times of need. Just passing it on too.

I am positive you can change your course except your school decides to stop such from happening which I doubt. The phone thing is to get into the country every other thing will come together

Secondly, what if I didn't change and am able to secure a job during my two years post study stay, do I have any chance of being given a PR.
The should be the last phase of my questions. You've really helped me in gaining a better experience, can't thank you
enough.

If your course is still on SOL you should be alright. Like I earlier said, there are heaps of jobs for early childhood teachers. It's very lucrative. Godspeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
DiiVictory:
Please house, I want to know how much is the student visa application fees?
And is it paid for in USD or Aid?

Am pretty sure immigration will be glad to receive the fees in USD smiley
As at today, the fees for a Subclass 500 visa is $575 (Approx. 364€)

You can use this visa pricing estimator:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/visa-pricing-estimator

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 4:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
Mehn! there hasn't been any Visa grant for a while now. What could be going on? Are they on holiday?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Emaxxy: 6:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
[quote author=WestAfrican post=77532601][/quote]
What I mean with my second question is, what if I didn't change my course from digital learning and able to secure a job after study, will I be given consideration for PR.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
Emaxxy:

What I mean with my second question is, what if I didn't change my course from digital learning and able to secure a job after study, will I be given consideration for PR.

There's no 2 ways about it. If it's not on the skill shortage list, there's no PR.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Emaxxy: 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2019
shupy:

There's no 2 ways about it. If it's not on the skill shortage list, there's no PR.
Thanks for your contribution.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 12:51am On Apr 15, 2019
Emaxxy:

Like I righly said it depends if digital learning is still on the SOL at the completion of your study. SOL does change every year hence, Early childhood education has always remain constant in the list not sure of digital learning. You may way to do a bit research on that.

If Australia has sufficient locals for a skill or job, they won't bring in more foreigners. SOL PR route is for skills/careers that need extra hands. Hope that explains better.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Imadeosarodion: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2019
Please I have interview with my college tomorrow, please how do I prepare in terms of the questions that will be asked and my answers please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2019
Imadeosarodion:
Please I have interview with my college tomorrow, please how do I prepare in terms of the questions that will be asked and my answers please
Like me, most people didn't do interview, but I guess your interview would entail what's expected in a statement of purpose.
*Why do you want to study course?
*Why study in Australia your study destination?
*Your plans after study e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Emaxxy: 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
WestAfrican:

Like I righly said it depends if digital learning is still on the SOL at the completion of your study. SOL does change every year hence, Early childhood education has always remain constant in the list not sure of digital learning. You may way to do a bit research on that.

If Australia has sufficient locals for a skill or job, they won't bring in more foreigners. SOL PR route is for skills/careers that need extra hands. Hope that explains better.
It explains it much better. Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by thomylt12345: 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
good evening all....please i need urgent assistance for this whole Australia process. i intend going for my masters in Australia but the whole idea is to get PR after studies
my questions are

1. after i commence school in Australia whats the process for PR and how long does it take to get it. i intend going for Masters in IT
2. which is the best state to school for easy access to casual jobs for my wife and myself?
3. which state would would you recommend to school that can easily nominate one for PR
4. can i apply together with my wife for the visa and later request for my kids to join us after 3 months?

please note i have a good statement and travel history, any advantage with this on my application?

pleas good people help a brother am in a dilema becos i want to sell off something very important to me to take the risk, i really need a working system for my kids, but at the same time i dont want to make a mistake i will regret for my life.

i have read all through nairaland and google i just need people with experience who went through this path to enlighten me more please i beg you.

Godbless
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by thomylt12345: 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
thomylt12345:
good evening all....please i need urgent assistance for this whole Australia process. i intend going for my masters in Australia but the whole idea is to get PR after studies
my questions are

1. after i commence school in Australia whats the process for PR and how long does it take to get it. i intend going for Masters in IT
2. which is the best state to school for easy access to casual jobs for my wife and myself?
3. which state would would you recommend to school that can easily nominate one for PR
4. can i apply together with my wife for the visa and later request for my kids to join us after 3 months?

please note i have a good statement and travel history, any advantage with this on my application?

pleas good people help a brother am in a dilema becos i want to sell off something very important to me to take the risk, i really need a working system for my kids, but at the same time i dont want to make a mistake i will regret for my life.

i have read all through nairaland and google i just need people with experience who went through this path to enlighten me more please i beg you.

Godbless

please somebody should kindly enlighten me more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 3:23am On Apr 16, 2019
thomylt12345:

please somebody should kindly enlighten me more
1. If you want to use Australia degree for PR, you will have to finish your studies before applying and you will follow the same process like those that are applying offshore, no preferential treatment. The duration of getting PR after studies is relative to your case, an average of 6months and it can take up to 2years. The advantage of schooling in Australia is getting 5points for one or more Australian degree and extra 5points if your school is in regional area.
2. Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia.
3. Tasmania, Northern Territory and maybe Southern Australia if your course is on their skillselect list.
4. You can apply with your wife, just make sure you include all your family members while applying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Damilaregold(m): 10:01am On Apr 16, 2019
[quote author=thomylt12345 post=77574638]

Good day all. Please somebody should kindly enlighten me more.
I will like to relocate to Australia with my family. I am 39 and studied Demography and Social statistics. A graduate of OAU. Ile ife
Please advise on the process to follow, the kind of Job I should fill in etc. Please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by youngfaraday1(m): 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good day everyone,
Please is there anyone living in Melbourne that has an apartment to rent out, for a student coming to Deakin University.
Kindly respond.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by thomylt12345: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
thank you so very much...may God bless you
bligs:

1. If you want to use Australia degree for PR, you will have to finish your studies before applying and you will follow the same process like those that are applying offshore, no preferential treatment. The duration of getting PR after studies is relative to your case, an average of 6months and it can take up to 2years. The advantage of schooling in Australia is getting 5points for one or more Australian degree and extra 5points if your school is in regional area.
2. Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia.
3. Tasmania, Northern Territory and maybe Southern Australia if your course is on their skillselect list.
4. You can apply with your wife, just make sure you include all your family members while applying.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 3:18am On Apr 17, 2019
Emaxxy:

Thanks for your priceless contribution. Well have tried considering early childhood education but there are quite a number of factors am considering such as:
1. Relevance outside Australia.
2. Gender- I mean will it not be more fitting for females than males.
3. Personal interest.
Thanks once again for your advice and will look forward to the recommendation of other gurus in the house.
Relevance outside Australia - it is easy to transition an Australian career to other countries
Gender - doesn't matter
Personal interest - only you can decide that.
Digital learning can be applied to all three but for it to count you have to have teaching experience in any of these places and your claimed experience has to count. Nobody is going to offer you a job teaching children if you did a master in digital learning unless you have a relevant first degree and experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 3:26am On Apr 17, 2019
thomylt12345:
my questions are

Godbless
Give me more info and I can help you. What do you have now before ( in terms of degrees and experience) and in case you don't want to disclose, here's what I can tell you. Find a regional school to attend. The competition for IT is really high so you need a lot of scores to be able to apply for PR. I know people who used IT to get PR via Canberra but I also know they closed their list recently
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 3:33am On Apr 17, 2019
Ayolachris:
Please my good people, I want to ask a question..my uncle's daughter did 18 months Diploma of Nursing and wants to further with an Advanced Diploma in Nursing ( 0ne year course but she was given extra 18 months in her visa extension) since she can't afford the fees for degree courses at this moment...

pls is it possible for her to get work permit after doing advanced diploma In Nursing at Australia.
She can get 18 months work visa after. My advice though is for her to register as an enrolled nurse and while she is still studying try to apply for a regional sponsorship. Did she do her diploma in a regional area?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 17, 2019
youngfaraday1:
Good day everyone,
Please is there anyone living in Melbourne that has an apartment to rent out, for a student coming to Deakin University.
Kindly respond.

alternatively check flatmate.com.au

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by youngfaraday1(m): 7:40am On Apr 17, 2019
Thanks, quote author=malmo post=77607375]

alternatively check flatmate.com.au[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by beatmonster(m): 7:43am On Apr 17, 2019
Can I apply to Australia schools for postgraduate admission without agents?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by thomylt12345: 9:20am On Apr 17, 2019
soopamom:

Give me more info and I can help you. What do you have now before ( in terms of degrees and experience) and in case you don't want to disclose, here's what I can tell you. Find a regional school to attend. The competition for IT is really high so you need a lot of scores to be able to apply for PR. I know people who used IT to get PR via Canberra but I also know they closed their list recently

Thank you very much ( computer science 2.2) work experience: self employed but a good running business) but am honestly particular about PR and i would have preferred i go with my wife and move my kids after 6 months, i also need a state we can get casual work to support our finances. i have seen 3 schools 3 agents, infact they have gotten my brain twisted. please further advice and details will be appreciated. thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Estyenehe: 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
Good evening all,
Pls i nid help.i have my HND result ad i want to get BSC from a university that is not too expensive.

Pls i need advice ad someone to put me thru.

Regards
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by engrkpobor: 12:37am On Apr 18, 2019
hello house
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2019
NEW

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Estyenehe: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2019
Estyenehe:
Good evening all,
Pls i nid help.i have my HND result ad i want to get BSC from a university that is not too expensive.

Pls i need advice ad someone to put me thru.

Regards
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hallelluyah(m): 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hello house, I need a guidance:
I have attempted to commences PR processing but found out I might never be selected from the pool as my score would be like 50. So, I am considering going for my MBA(hr) so I can now later file for PR afterwards.
But my concern now is that I am 42 years of age at d moment and 44 years is Max to be considered for PR. My hope is to get the PR and move my family. Please I need advice!
@bellong and many other good people
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
hallelluyah:
Hello house, I need a guidance:
I have attempted to commences PR processing but found out I might never be selected from the pool as my score would be like 50. So, I am considering going for my MBA(hr) so I can now later file for PR afterwards.
But my concern now is that I am 42 years of age at d moment and 44 years is Max to be considered for PR. My hope is to get the PR and move my family. Please I need advice!
@bellong and many other good people

MBA does not seem to be on the PR list. And they use your next birthday or so, you may not meet up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.