Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1242156 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bolutife09435: 9:00pm On May 06, 2019
Hello,
Please does anyone know anything about studying medicine is Australia? I have a Bsc nursing degree from India and would like to apply for doctor of medicine in Deakin University. Any advice please?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sigmapompe(m): 10:57pm On May 06, 2019
LadyHeaven:

No need to ask, go for the PR 489 and when you travel start schooling, if your Uncle is willing to pay more than 6million for you, consider how much you would save enrolling as a domestic student.
Aiit, thanks so much.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 3:56am On May 07, 2019
shupy:

Just update details

If she did not pay for visa application, she will reapply. It happened to someone I know. It returned invalid too.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kentz3: 5:51pm On May 07, 2019
chizzy12345:
good day please i have a question with regards to student visa application. i am applying for a student visa to study in The university of Tasmania, Msc Social works, i am currently engaged and my lady will be coming over also to study in a few months time, i wanted to know if getting married before applying for the visa will be to our advantage or not. Secondly, i will be 31 by the end of the year, what are my chances of securing a PR through skilled occupation with this course? i have a Bsc in Intelligence and Security Studies from a private University in Nigeria and scored an overall of 7.5 in my IELTS LSRW 8.0, 8.5, 7.0, 7.0 I know i will have to retake d test in two years but strongly believe that i can do better. Thanks
pls what materials did u used fr ielts
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 10:53pm On May 07, 2019
Bolutife09435:
Hello,
Please does anyone know anything about studying medicine is Australia? I have a Bsc nursing degree from India and would like to apply for doctor of medicine in Deakin University. Any advice please?

Check their website you would definitely find something....
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chizzy12345: 2:21pm On May 08, 2019
Kentz3:
pls what materials did u used fr ielts
YouTube videos mostly, send me a message and I'll forward the channel to you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Paulson91: 8:06pm On May 08, 2019
Good evening fellow Nigerians here; I got an offer letter from (University of Tasmania), while friends in Australia told me that I can't afford paying my subsequent School fees from the part-time job I would be offered there, though PR is Visible. Please I need your advice on this Decision friends. God bless us all. Amen
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dele31: 12:05am On May 09, 2019
Hello guys, I got admission to Charles Sturt university for a PhD. program but with no scholarship or funding. I wrote by supervisor who advised that a self funded PhD program will be too expensive and suggested I differ the admission till 2020 to enable me secure a scholarship. I have differed the admission till March, 2020.

I need you guys who are already in Australia to suggest some scholarship available to international students and their opening times and all that's needed to secure such. I know of endeavors scholarship but the I don't know when it will open.

Please, help with some available scholarship and their opening time. Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 5:02am On May 09, 2019
Paulson91:
Good evening fellow Nigerians here; I got an offer letter from (University of Tasmania), while friends in Australia told me that I can't afford paying my subsequent School fees from the part-time job I would be offered there, though PR is Visible. Please I need your advice on this Decision friends. God bless us all. Amen

First, read the life in Australia as an immigrant thread and you'll get a lot of things that will help.
Beside that a friend of mine told me that I can work and pay my fees cos that is what she's doing. It's all about getting a job that when you accumulate the earnings you would be able to pay your fees and cater for other needs. Get a job in disability and aged care, the proceeds can pay your fees .
Don't let anyone scare you or even prevent you from this opportunity .
Sign up on indeed.com.au and seek.com.au you'll get daily alerts on job postings even though it's advisable to start from scratch get a realistic target on how much you want to earn monthly based on your tuition and other things and try to land a job that can pay you that nevertheless if you haven't gotten it Don't sit idle waiting for it, make sure your hands are working.
Check for student discounts on anything you want to purchase to minimize cost for you.

P.S Most students are combining work and study to help themselves. It is not easy but if they can do it. You can. Just make sure that you have enough to cover your first year in Australia

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 5:08am On May 09, 2019
Good morning people. The OSHC amount provided for us to pay is not friendly at all.
I just read an article that says we can actually switch from one OSHC provider to another one that's not so costly and the best part is we can GET A REFUND for the one we signed up for. So check it out guys
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 5:33am On May 09, 2019
dele31:
Hello guys, I got admission to Charles Sturt university for a PhD. program but with no scholarship or funding. I wrote by supervisor who advised that a self funded PhD program will be too expensive and suggested I differ the admission till 2020 to enable me secure a scholarship. I have differed the admission till March, 2020.

I need you guys who are already in Australia to suggest some scholarship available to international students and their opening times and all that's needed to secure such. I know of endeavors scholarship but the I don't know when it will open.

Please, help with some available scholarship and their opening time. Thank you.

You don't really need people in Australia to help with that. You can check on Google for everything you need just type in specific keywords and you'll get what you're looking for.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Milkbooster: 7:04pm On May 09, 2019
Please guru , I want to apply to a university in Australia but what am seeing online is that I must apply via agant
I have
Bsc computer science second class upper
ND computer science : Distinction
IETLS : 7.5
Please let some help me how to go about

1. Which of the cheap university can I go for
2. How much do I need to do the whole process
3. Must I use agent
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Paulson91: 9:38pm On May 09, 2019
Alright, Thank you so very much bro. God bless you....
Joan011:

First, read the life in Australia as an immigrant thread and you'll get a lot of things that will help.
Beside that a friend of mine told me that I can work and pay my fees cos that is what she's doing. It's all about getting a job that when you accumulate the earnings you would be able to pay your fees and cater for other needs. Get a job in disability and aged care, the proceeds can pay your fees .
Don't let anyone scare you or even prevent you from this opportunity .
Sign up on indeed.com.au and seek.com.au you'll get daily alerts on job postings even though it's advisable to start from scratch get a realistic target on how much you want to earn monthly based on your tuition and other things and try to land a job that can pay you that nevertheless if you haven't gotten it Don't sit idle waiting for it, make sure your hands are working.
Check for student discounts on anything you want to purchase to minimize cost for you.

P.S Most students are combining work and study to help themselves. It is not easy but if they can do it. You can. Just make sure that you have enough to cover your first year in Australia

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Milkbooster: 9:42pm On May 09, 2019
Please guru , I want to apply to a university in Australia but what am seeing online is that I must apply via agant
I have

3. Must I use agent
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 10:11pm On May 09, 2019
Paulson91:
Alright, Thank you so very much bro. God bless you....

You're welcome. I ain't a bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stateboy8080(m): 6:43am On May 10, 2019
Why not consider PR route?you can put this in the Australian permanent resident thread and they will guide you.
Milkbooster:
I have

3. Must I use agent
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Petrified235555: 10:09am On May 10, 2019
Please who knows whether I can apply for The MRES program in Australia with just my BSC?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ikwechegh(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2019
Hello gurus in the house, I have a little problem. I have a 4.2 cgpa out of 5 in computer science(2.1) and I applied to Flinders, got an offer but I haven't accepted as their fees are expensive so then I went on to apply for federation uni Master of Technology (software engineering ) and i just got rejected this morning from the school saying my qualifications don't meet their academic requirements. I had an IELTS score of 7 too. The only academic requirement on their course page was a 3 year completed degree or equivalent. I meet the requirements well. I applied through an agent who's based in Australia and I submitted transcripts, statement of results etc so I don't understand the basis of their rejection because I surpass their requirements. Should I reply them or just move on to another school?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 12:12pm On May 10, 2019
ikwechegh:
Hello gurus in the house, I have a little problem. I have a 4.2 cgpa out of 5 in computer science(2.1) and I applied to Flinders, got an offer but I haven't accepted as their fees are expensive so then I went on to apply for federation uni Master of Technology (software engineering ) and i just got rejected this morning from the school saying my qualifications don't meet their academic requirements. I had an IELTS score of 7 too. The only academic requirement on their course page was a 3 year completed degree or equivalent. I meet the requirements well. I applied through an agent who's based in Australia and I submitted transcripts, statement of results etc so I don't understand the basis of their rejection because I surpass their requirements. Should I reply them or just move on to another school?

Reach out to the school yourself, telling them you don't understand the basis for the refusal. Make them understand you met their requirement and you actually have an offer from Flinders university. Be very polite in your approach.

And by the way, did your agent forward the letter to you?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Milkbooster: 1:39pm On May 10, 2019
[quote author=stateboy8080 post=78260617]Why not consider PR route?you can put this in the Australian permanent resident thread and they will guide you.[/quot

ok boss,
Thanks . please can you help me with the thread link
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ikwechegh(m): 7:15am On May 11, 2019
Thanks i think I'd try that. They sent it directly to my mail

shupy:

Reach out to the school yourself, telling them you don't understand the basis for the refusal. Make them understand you met their requirement and you actually have an offer from Flinders university. Be very polite in your approach.

And by the way, did your agent forward the letter to you?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stateboy8080(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2019
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Donbates: 2:03pm On May 12, 2019
Beeleojo:
Pls does anyone have an idea of University of Tasmania interview questions for issuance of COE? It’s urgent

Sorry just saw this now...I hope you nailed it. Had an interview too. Please check ur mailbox.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Paulson91: 10:00pm On May 12, 2019
I got an offer too at the same university for Master two weeks ago but still yet to accept the offer, I got 6.0 in my IELTS while the requirement for Enrollment is 6.5. Can I use a letter from my Alma mater as a proof of English proficiency? Secondly, what's their interview like! God bless you
Donbates:

Sorry just saw this now...I hope you nailed it. Had an interview too. Please check ur mailbox.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Phatkings: 1:20am On May 13, 2019
I am new to this forum for starters Australia universities are crazily expensive
I have settled for Melbourne polytechnic and Melbourne Institute of Technology masters in professional accounting so please guys what's ur take on these two institutions.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 6:34am On May 13, 2019
Phatkings:
I am new to this forum for starters Australia universities are crazily expensive
I have settled for Melbourne polytechnic and Melbourne Institute of Technology masters in professional accounting so please guys what's ur take on these two institutions.
Don't waste your time and resources, getting a visa directly from naija to study in those school is hardnut to crack, most Nigerians if not all studying in those switch after arriving Australia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Donbates: 8:17am On May 13, 2019
Paulson91:
I got an offer too at the same university for Master two weeks ago but still yet to accept the offer, I got 6.0 in my IELTS while the requirement for Enrollment is 6.5. Can I use a letter from my Alma mater as a proof of English proficiency? Secondly, what's their interview like! God bless you

I know prior now your IELTS score wouldn't have been a problem as they could have easily waved it, but there was a problem with waivers for IELTS that was in the news recently https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-06/universities-lowering-english-standards/11063626
So maybe they might be a bit strict now but all the same use a letter from your school, I guess it whd help too.
The interview usually concerns ur chosen course, so it's important you read check the courses you'd be taking in UTAS. It's also important you explain what you'd be doing after uni ie if you'd be furthering your education over there or coming back to Naija to work.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ikwechegh(m): 10:32am On May 13, 2019
See the response I got from FedUni about the rejection. What does this even mean

Dear Amadi,

Thank you for your email.

Your 4 yrs Bachelor Degree is only equivalent to AQF Associate Degree.

Our requirement for Master degree is completion of Bachelor Degree.

Unfortunately, you do not meet our academic entry requirement.

Kind regards.

Harpreet Kaur

International Admissions Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.