Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1241718 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Waylesdowels: 1:00am On Jun 11, 2019
Gud day , I tried reading through the part one and part two of this thread....getting more confused. I would like to migrate to aussie on student visa. wat documents r needed. and also I wanna know if I must go thru an agent compulsorily.i have HND in accounting,work experience 4 yrs till date. Pls help a brother.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 1:35am On Jun 11, 2019
Cmagnum:
Hi guys, good work going on here. please I wanna ask a question, I want to go for MSc IT, and am having QUT n UTas in mind. Please does anyone have advice on which is best (consideration: Job n PR after program).

Also if u know a better school for this course having in mind the above stated factors, I would appreciate advice. Plus am married and have a baby on the way n intend going with family.

Thanks guys
Both school are ok since they are on AL1, have it in mind that getting a PR with IT profession presently is not easy, you will have to get up 85points for ITA 189 and also consider that things may change before you finish your studies. Schooling doesn't automatically guarantee PR, you will have to follow same process like any one else, IT jobs are also competitive. I will advise you to go for university of Tasmania.
* Tasmania is regarded as a regional area, you will get extra 5points (or more) for schooling in a regional as well as 5points for one or more Australian degree.
* You may be eligible for state nomination if your course is on Tasmania skill nomination list.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cmagnum(m): 7:25am On Jun 11, 2019
bligs:

Both school are ok since they are on AL1, have it in mind that getting a PR with IT profession presently is not easy, you will have to get up 85points for ITA 189 and also consider that things may change before you finish your studies. Schooling doesn't automatically guarantee PR, you will have to follow same process like any one else, IT jobs are also competitive. I will advise you to go for university of Tasmania.
* Tasmania is regarded as a regional area, you will get extra 5points (or more) for schooling in a regional as well as 5points for one or more Australian degree.
* You may be eligible for state nomination if your course is on Tasmania skill nomination list.

Thanks so much for this detailed response. You made decision easier for me. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cmagnum(m): 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
bligs:

Do you know any better location/school you can recommend?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ojasope1: 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
Good day everyone, I want to enquire for a friend. His Australian girlfriend wants him to come over for marriage, though the girlfriend is willing to come to Nigeria first for a visit.

1. What category of visa do you think he would need to visit Australia

2. What do you think it's best, should the marriage take place here in Nigeria or Australia.

3.Can he apply for Partner visa while on tourist stream visa in Australia if the marriage is held here in Nigeria.

4. What documents would he need to apply for the visa.

5.With the conditions stated above, what other options do you suggest?

I look forward to your response seniors in the house.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ojasope1:
Good day everyone, I want to enquire for a friend. His Australian girlfriend wants him to come over for marriage, though the girlfriend is willing to come to Nigeria first for a visit.

2. What do you think it's best, should the marriage take place here in Nigeria or Australia.

3.Can he apply for Partner visa while on tourist stream visa in Australia if the marriage is held here in Nigeria.

Australian partner visa is a loooooong thing. Just forget it.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 1:46am On Jun 12, 2019
Cmagnum:

Do you know any better location/school you can recommend?
Its all boils down to choice because all locations have different pros and cons.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 4:03am On Jun 12, 2019
Ojasope1:

He would need a visitor's visa to come to Australia.

If he is able to make it to Australia on a visitor visa then its best to have the marriage done in Aus, if not then 9ja.
The advantage of having the Marriage done here is that he gets to stay on a bridging visa after he has applied for his spouse visa. Hopefully his visitors visa doesn't come with a No Further Stay condition. Then he won't be able to apply for a spouse visa while in Aus.

Yes he can only if he doesn't have the No Further Stay Condition on his visitors visa. You may want to read more on that

What visa?

Are they financially buoyant? They can try a study visa and then change to spouse visa.
Reason is because processing times has changed. It take about 3-5years for a decision to be made. Lots of background checks.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 4:38am On Jun 12, 2019
Anyone wants to visit South Island of New Zealand in first week of August? I will shout you 2 days Motorhome.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ojasope1: 8:04am On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=WestAfrican post=79245404][/quote]

Thanks your response, what documents will he need to apply for a visit visa to Australia

They are both not financially bouyant so I dont think the school route is an option for them.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mma24(f): 9:48am On Jun 12, 2019
Please guys am confused, I just go 50% scholarship from Western Sydney University for Master if Professional Accounting. What are my chances of getting visa and PR over there.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2019
Ojasope1:

Thanks your response, what documents will he need to apply for a visit visa to Australia

Leave letter from employer or letter from head of department stating he's a student and will be on holidays at the time of travel

Invitation letter from her or better still her family

Work / student Identity card

Bank statement

Flight itinerary

Travel insurance

Police clearance certificate

Landed property recommend

Photocopy pages of previous visas on his passport

Yellow fever

Create immi account online, apply, upload documents, go for boimetric and health examination.

Pray to your good.

They are both not financially bouyant so I dont think the school route is an option for them.

All good.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cmagnum(m): 10:55am On Jun 12, 2019
bligs:

Its all boils down to choice because all locations have different pros and cons.

Your replies appear to be kind of deep, so I will assume you are in Australia or have some one of close relationship there. I wanna ask two questions, we may be different, but sometimes we have People with similar wants/needs. What/where will be your decision if it was a choice for you to make or assist your brother in making. Also, I have lived outside Nigeria and visited other countries too, so I know family security is different from when it’s just a man abroad. So please put all factors in when replying. I just wanna make the right decision not just for myself, but family too. Also if u need to ask me questions of personal nature to help in advice, please feel free to, I believe it is all for good.

If you can share more on this, I would appreciate and thanks for the time spent already. Really do appreciate
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shupy: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2019
Ojasope1:

Oga, you better go and read more about this partner visa yourself. I'm not a pessimist. The student visa I applied for has highest rejection rate but I went on it. I'm hoping to get my grant very soon.

Once you make more findings on the internet, you'd understand why I said it's a long thing. Australia marriage visa is expensive, complex, frustrating and time wasting. A Nigerian passport won't help the situation.

The chances of getting a visit visa is extremely low with a Nigerian passport. And once an application is rejected you might not be eligible for a partner visa again.

Like @WestAfrican said, the other and better option for you is to apply through student visa and then get married in Australia. If the marriage is not a genuine one, tell whoever the person is to forget it. Australia is no America #My2Cents.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2019
Mma24:
Please guys am confused, I just go 50% scholarship from Western Sydney University for Master if Professional Accounting. What are my chances of getting visa

Hi there, Sydney is getting congested and the govt is looking for avenues to decongest the city. That doesn't make you will get an automatic denial on your visa, is just me educating you and what's happening here at the moment.

There is no express visa processing for your course or degree, it will be looked into just like every other application.

and PR over there.

Accounting is one profession that make it on the list every now and then. I know a couple of people who applied via state nomination eg Regional NSW Armidale, Tasmania and Northern territory.

Assuming your first degree was in accounting, you will still need to score at least ielts band 7 to stand a chance for state nomination

Wait for those who know that route well to shed more light on it.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
Cmagnum:

Your replies appear to be kind of deep, so I will assume you are in Australia or have some one of close relationship there. I wanna ask two questions, we may be different, but sometimes we have People with similar wants/needs. What/where will be your decision if it was a choice for you to make or assist your brother in making. Also, I have lived outside Nigeria and visited other countries too, so I know family security is different from when it’s just a man abroad. So please put all factors in when replying. I just wanna make the right decision not just for myself, but family too. Also if u need to ask me questions of personal nature to help in advice, please feel free to, I believe it is all for good.

If you can share more on this, I would appreciate and thanks for the time spent already. Really do appreciate
Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth are the main happening cities, Adelaide is even considered as a regional area. Have been to Tasmania, what i noticed is sparse population, no functional train system aside the one going to mines, nearly every body have a car, job opportunities is limited but if you can live there getting PR is easier same as Northern Territory (Darwin) which has a more lesser population than Tasmania couple with harsh weather similar to that of Kano but Tasmania is the coldest state in Australia on average. I onced said on this forum that there is limited jobs opportunities in Tasmania and someone living there tackled me that there is enough jobs maybe i didn't explore enough, although i didn't stay more than four weeks and it was just a visit and that was my experience.
Melbourne has countless jobs opportunities in as much as you are not lazy & you don't mind doing any kind of job, regional Victoria like Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo have limited jobs opportunities that is why most students schooling in those areas have to come down to Melbourne to hustle which is not easy.
Jobs are in the big cities but limited in regional areas, schooling and living in regional areas will give you extra points while applying for PR and some regional areas may even sponsor you and this opportunity is not applicable to those schooling in the cities. Victoria for instance, only sponsor PHD holders in selected profession, that's why some Nigerians that came to study are moving to Tasmania after there studies while some are even applying for credit transfer before completing their studies (personally, i know of five Nigerians that have made such decision).
The choice is yours whether to have it easy in case your occupation is competitive by moving to regional area with limited jobs opportunities and the possibility of getting a state sponsorship or stay in the big cities with unlimited jobs opportunities and battle for PR.
PS: Those that are moving to regional areas are doing so for visa conditions, after getting PR and abiding by the conditions which maybe two to four years of living in a regional area couple with certain number of working hours, most have the intention of relocating to the big cities after satisfying their visa conditions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cmagnum(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2019
bligs:

Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth are the main happening cities, Adelaide is even considered as a regional area. Have been to Tasmania, what i noticed is sparse population, no functional train system aside the one going to mines, nearly every body have a car, job opportunities is limited but if you can live there getting PR is easier same as Northern Territory (Darwin) which has a more lesser population than Tasmania couple with harsh weather similar to that of Kano but Tasmania is the coldest state in Australia on average. I onced said on this forum that there is limited jobs opportunities in Tasmania and someone living there tackled me that there is enough jobs maybe i didn't explore enough, although i didn't stay more than four weeks and it was just a visit and that was my experience.
Melbourne has countless jobs opportunities in as much as you are not lazy & you don't mind doing any kind of job, regional Victoria like Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo have limited jobs opportunities that is why most students schooling in those areas have to come down to Melbourne to hustle which is not easy.
Jobs are in the big cities but limited in regional areas, schooling and living in regional areas will give you extra points while applying for PR and some regional areas may even sponsor you and this opportunity is not applicable to those schooling in the cities. Victoria for instance, only sponsor PHD holders in selected profession, that's why some Nigerians that came to study are moving to Tasmania after there studies while some are even applying for credit transfer before completing their studies (personally, i know of five Nigerians that have made such decision).
The choice is yours whether to have it easy in case your occupation is competitive by moving to regional area with limited jobs opportunities and the possibility of getting a state sponsorship or stay in the big cities with unlimited jobs opportunities and battle for PR.
PS: Those that are moving to regional areas are doing so for visa conditions, after getting PR and abiding by the conditions which maybe two to four years of living in a regional area couple with certain number of working hours, most have the intention of relocating to the big cities after satisfying their visa conditions.

Thank you. This is beyond what I expected. Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by guru1234: 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
@bliqs, how is the job opportunities at Adelaide considering students hustling to pay fees.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DiiVictory(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
bligs:

I really appreciate this explanation even though I was not the one who requested for it.
I'm admitted to federation university, Ballarat campus and I'm waiting for my visa to be processed. Someone already told me there are limited job opportunities but I can plan myself and work at Melbourne which is about 1hr from Ballarat. I'm optimistic everything will turn out well.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
Cmagnum:
Hi guys, good work going on here. please I wanna ask a question, I want to go for MSc IT, and am having QUT n UTas in mind. Please does anyone have advice on which is best (consideration: Job n PR after program).

Also if u know a better school for this course having in mind the above stated factors, I would appreciate advice. Plus am married and have a baby on the way n intend going with family.

Thanks guys

UTAS
Because of regional visa. IT has become competitive in Metropolitan areas, 85 to 90 points these days.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
akinke:

UTAS
Because of regional visa. IT has because competitive in Metropolitan areas, 85 to 90 points these days.

Anyone in Perth?

I am attending a conference next week biko, make e no go too boring.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tush1986: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
To those that lodged their visa application in May, has anyone been contacted by CO yet...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 4:26am On Jun 13, 2019
Oluwadamilola14:
Hello everyone,I am new here so please be nice,I will be moving to Australia soon and I need advise on the accommodation side,i don’t have anyone in Sydney and I heard it’s advisable I get accommodation when I get there,is it economically wise I lodge in a hotel for the first few days or what should I do,please help thanks

You can also use gumtree and flatmates website to get shared accomodation...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cmagnum(m): 6:05am On Jun 13, 2019
akinke:

UTAS
Because of regional visa. IT has because competitive in Metropolitan areas, 85 to 90 points these days.

Thanks bro. Any idea about their metro system and if it’s functional. @bligs adviced same, but in his further explanation, he mentioned some things that are also important, like metro, diverse job opportunity and all that. This are factors that are very important too, MSc IT in QUT is in Brisbane, which is part of the cities with opportunity, so now it leads me back to the doing lot of thinking again, cos both got their own advantages n disad. But functional metro system is a big factor for a fresher in a country. U can’t just buy a car immediately. You need to know lots about the routes and road system. Metro saved my trip to France, Paris metro system is wonderful that, there is a station that’s just some few minutes walk to your house. Same experience in India and other countries. Functional metro is a big factor for me. Uber for short distance can cost as much as 30-40 euro. That shit can be crazy. A weekly or monthly metro/bus pass is always a saver for someone in a foreign land.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2019
Cmagnum:

Thanks bro. Any idea about their metro system and if it’s functional. @bligs adviced same, but in his further explanation, he mentioned some things that are also important, like metro, diverse job opportunity and all that. This are factors that are very important too, MSc IT in QUT is in Brisbane, which is part of the cities with opportunity, so now it leads me back to the doing lot of thinking again, cos both got their own advantages n disad. But functional metro system is a big factor for a fresher in a country. U can’t just buy a car immediately. You need to know lots about the routes and road system. Metro saved my trip to France, Paris metro system is wonderful that, there is a station that’s just some few minutes walk to your house. Same experience in India and other countries. Functional metro is a big factor for me. Uber for short distance can cost as much as 30-40 euro. That shit can be crazy. A weekly or monthly metro/bus pass is always a saver for someone in a foreign land.

You will prioritize between metro and PR then.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cmagnum(m): 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
akinke:

You will prioritize between metro and PR then.

Love your sense of humor. Laughing while typing this reply. Thanks for adding a comic side to the whole discussion.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 11:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
THANK YOU LORD. VISA ALERT

I don't have much to say since the excitement hasn't worn off yet...been screaming since last night literally.

Yellow card: 15th May 2019
eMedicals: 16th May 2019
Biometrics: 20th May 2019
Submitted visa application: 17th May 2019
Visa came out on 12th June 2019.

If you ask me.... I will tell you God did it for me. Don't give up guys, God hears and answers prayers he's gonna do it for those waiting.

11 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 11:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
tush1986:
To those that lodged their visa application in May, has anyone been contacted by CO yet...

Yes mine is out and it's a Yes.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HighDee001: 12:28am On Jun 14, 2019
Gud evening great people . Am new on this platform and I want your sincere contributions.

I current hold HND in Accounting and I would like to know if its possible to go for Master programme directly or there is need for PGD?

Besides, I need advise as to available universities, tuition and other related info.

Thanks .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by engrkpobor: 1:44am On Jun 14, 2019
Joan011:

I don't have much to say since the excitement hasn't worn off yet...been screaming since last night literally.

If you ask me.... I will tell you God did it for me. Don't give up guys, God hears and answers prayers he's gonna do it for those waiting.

Congratulations dear, please share more information on how you got your grant so fast and the nature of documents you submitted....THANKS ,submitted mine since May 21th,Perth
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by masco131(m): 3:27am On Jun 14, 2019
Joan011:

Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.