Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1243079 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by africahero1: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good afternoon peeps, dunno if it's afternoon over there anyways make una no vex. I want to get an information for a friend of mine in Ukraine. The guy just started his Msc Project Management in Ukraine this year, his plan is to move to Australia after his studies over there, what he wants to ask is the prospects of Construction project manager or IT project manager in Australia cuz very soon they will be asked to chose a focus. Both occupation are on the skilled occupation list abi wetin dem dey call am sef.
Economically which of the two is more ohk and PR wise which one is okay.
Thank you as u reply mi God bless us all
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchman(m): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
Oscorpy:

Amount is it Per year? Is it semester or trimester? If it is for one year, divide it by 2 for semester or 3 for trimester. That's your tuition deposit!

Thanks for your response but does Australia run trimester,
I thought its supposed to be semester?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pitman10: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2019
uchman:

Thanks for your response but does Australia run trimester,
I thought its supposed to be
semester?

Yes they run trimester
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adeoladele(m): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
bro, please reply my pm
fobak203:
Grant came in this morning for myself, my wife and my two kids: God has smiled on me and I just needed to lift people's spirit in the house. I will summarize my story at the end

Date of application: 11th August 2019
Documents submitted: PhD offer Letter and Scholarship, Multi-Family OSHC, BSC-MSc certificates and transcript, CoE, Statement of result from Macquarie University, Employment Letters, Study leave letter, Account statement, SOP, Marriage cert, Wifey and children Identity details, Medicals
Biometrics: 15th August 2019
Date of grant: 7th September 2019

I have been in australia for a while without family, applied for subsequent entrant and refused. Exactly one year later, having decided the PhD offer to take, I applied as student (PGR) and put my family as dependent. Lo and behold, the visa came in 26days. This can only be God, the speed is outrageous, madam has pilled her legs while praying and sowing heavy seeds with the allowie sent for her and the kids. My message is that. If you have family, do not be afraid to add them to your application.

The other part might be a bit bogus and dicey, these are my thoughts and would like to leave it open to the house to discuss. Due to recent upheaval in South africa, can we boycott that part where you are told to fill closest embassy and send to Australia straight up. I had overheard someone applying from Nigeria did it and no one raised an eyebrow. The bad belle with visa could be stemming from xenophobic influence, I would say. Who ready use matchette comot your head, na him nor go fit reject your visa for you and your family. If for any reason you are asked why you choose Australian embassy and not pretoria, REFER THEM TO XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS ON NIGERIANS. Hope I have not overstepped my boundaries with this one sha| We talk we die, we do not talk we die, let us talk and die

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sophieora: 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
Goodevening everyone, please i have some questions.
How much is medicals in Abuja is it diffrent from lagos? How much for biometrics and then poloce check. Thanks alot.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 6:09am On Sep 22, 2019
aivewobhor:
Please how kindly assist me on this. I got admitted into University of Adelaide and am to pay $14000 as deposit then 1470 for oshc for 2years masters course. Will getting an OSHC on my own affect my application because ahm seems to be offering me oshc at a cheaper rate compared to the one the school uses and they school accept personal oshc purchase of your choice

If your school accepts oshc of your choice then go for it. You must understand what your oshc covers. i.e. what's sort of illnesses, eye test, x-rays etc.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
The offer letter will state the amount to deposit. In my case it was 19,650 AUD. but the school fees is 36,200 AUD. You will be required to pay the rest at a later date when you are in Australia.

uchman:

I saw a course but the fee is 37500 (9M+)

Does it mean I will have to pay all at once?
Can you tell me how much you paid?

I wonder how you guys pay this much amount,
Is there something I don't understand?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchman(m): 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
Smile4mee01:
The offer letter will state the amount to deposit. In my case it was 19,650 AUD. but the school fees is 36,200 AUD. You will be required to pay the rest at a later date when you are in Australia.

OK thanks
Now I understand better

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emenik08: 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2019
Please is palm oil allowed on the plane going to Australia? I am beginning to imagine soup without palm oil.

Also what are other foodstuffs that are not allowed?

Biko need reply oooo

Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 2:00am On Sep 23, 2019
emenik08:
Please is palm oil allowed on the plane going to Australia? I am beginning to imagine soup without palm oil.

Also what are other foodstuffs that are not allowed?

Biko need reply oooo

Thanks
Yes it is allowed. Get a commercial one thou. Like one bought from ShopRite or with label. Also make sure it's in your check in luggage as airport security will not allow you take it on the plane. Do not forget to declare on your passenger card as it can attract $240+ in fine.

Fresh food or nuts won't be allowed into Australia even thou you have declared them. Most other foods will be allowed if they are commercially packaged.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bblessed: 2:18am On Sep 23, 2019
Hi All,

Please any tips for shipping stuff from Australia to Nigeria.

I want to take send some things to Nigeria .

Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emenik08: 6:29am On Sep 23, 2019
WestAfrican:

Yes it is allowed. Get a commercial one thou. Like one bought from ShopRite or with label. Also make sure it's in your check in luggage as airport security will not allow you take it on the plane. Do not forget to declare on your passenger card as it can attract $240+ in fine.

Fresh food or nuts won't be allowed into Australia even thou you have declared them. Most other foods will be allowed if they are commercially packaged.

Thank you so much. Na to start branding my food be dat ooo. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2019
bblessed:
Hi All,

Please any tips for shipping stuff from Australia to Nigeria.

I want to take send some things to Nigeria .

Thanks
Where are you located. We may be able to handle your shipping.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 11:02am On Sep 23, 2019
emenik08:

Do am well to avoid any suspicion.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bblessed: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
[quote author=WestAfrican post=82485278]

Hi west Africa

Please how may I contact you. I sent you a PM
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Itzpetersv: 6:59am On Sep 24, 2019
Good Morning

Please I want to apply to Box Hill Institute or Torrens University.
Please give me few information,can I secure Student Visa with these schools?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ladivaflo: 9:22am On Sep 24, 2019
sophieora:
How much is medicals in Abuja is it diffrent from lagos? How much for biometrics and then poloce check. Thanks alot.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ladivaflo: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2019
8,500 naira for Biometrics...
It is done at the VFS office located on the 3rd Floor, Sterling Bank building, Central Business District, Abuja.

Go with 2 photocopies of your data page, your International passport, Confirmation Letter and your ATM card.

Best of luck.

How much is medicals in Abuja is it diffrent from lagos? How much for biometrics and then poloce check. Thanks alot.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Justasking: 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2019
Good evening house.. I got a conditional offer from university of south australia. . First semester tuition is 17k plus.. I'm to present ielts with 6.0 in reading and writing and 6.5 overall.
I didn't know about this, now I have to write the exam.. any advice house.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pitman10: 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
Justasking:
Good evening house.. I got a conditional offer from university of south australia. . First semester tuition is 17k plus.. I'm to present ielts with 6.0 in reading and writing and 6.5 overall.
I didn't know about this, now I have to write the exam.. any advice house.

Yes you have to write ielts and get that band score...its not difficult, why not write the ielts first, the result normally comes out after 13 days
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lordkratos: 11:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
Sometimes i feel it depends on the officers discretion. For me, they threw my ponmo, Ofada rice and iru to the bin even thou it was branded, while a friend brought them in without them checking at all.
emenik08:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Justasking: 12:26am On Sep 25, 2019
pitman10:

Yes you have to write ielts and get that band score...its not difficult, why not write the ielts first, the result normally comes out after 13 days
thanks boss
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
How many Months to Start Date is the school permitted to issue CoE? My resumption date is February, 2020 and Deakin University said they can not issue CoE until it is 4 months to start date of my programme? I have to wait till October. Can anyone shed more light on this, please.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bestcutie: 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2019
Please has anyone gone for biometric at this vfs center, Ground floor, the manor, plot 110, admiral ayinla way Lagos. If yes where is it located? Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fheyizsmart: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
Hello bro, I have similar issue. Would PM you for a chat
omosanyaolak:
How many Months to Start Date is the school permitted to issue CoE? My resumption date is February, 2020 and Deakin University said they can not issue CoE until it is 4 months to start date of my programme? I have to wait till October. Can anyone shed more light on this, please.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2019
Ok
fheyizsmart:
Hello bro, I have similar issue. Would PM you for a chat
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pitman10: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys please where can I get police declaration in lagos and how much does it cost? God bless
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Exodus14(m): 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2019
quote author=pitman10 post=82397999]

Griffith university didn't request it from me [/quote]

Waoooooo that was a cool and great one
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Oscorpy(m): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2019
Bestcutie:
Please has anyone gone for biometric at this vfs center, Ground floor, the manor, plot 110, admiral ayinla way Lagos. If yes where is it located? Thanks.

Its in freedom way Lekki. Easy to locate as it's the busiest place on that freedom way.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bestcutie: 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
Please do they still do biometrics at Ikeja because am trying to find out how to book the appointment online but I can't. Someone pls help me with info. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 7:04am On Sep 26, 2019
omosanyaolak:
Since they said that. Kindly wait u til its 4 month before resumption.
P. S There's nothing you can do about it

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 7:53am On Sep 26, 2019
Thank you.
Joan011:

Since they said that. Kindly wait u til its 4 month before resumption.
P. S There's nothing you can do about it

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.