Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1242370 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by santity100: 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
Seajae:

Normally Australian embassy directs you to their own designated agents for visa purposes So i guess you'd have to check google.com Bruh as I'm not conversant with their respective agents. Cheers

Australia embassy doesn't direct anyone to agents. It is the schools that direct students to agent for admission and visa processing

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by santity100: 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2017
Seajae:

Please could you clarify better on this as regards to my case? Is it that my uncle's wife can't be my sponsor or that her finances can't be backed up?

Your uncle's wife want to sponsor your education. Even some schools won't give you COE for using your uncle's wife.

The best sponsor are your parents, your siblings, spouse and worst case your aunty or uncle

1) there is no relationship between the applicant an the sponsor. Imagine the distance between the student and the sponsor.

2) maybe if the student is a teenager lets say between 18 and 20, we might say that his uncle has been responsible for him since childhood, but why the wife ??

3) Maybe if the statement has a balance in the range of 20m and very good inflow and outflow during the period, I might still be okay but still not good .

Its your choice man, follow your heart but your uncle's wife has your sponsor is flimsy and Australia embassy are very strict like Canada, forget the bonanza they did in February intake and early May.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chytai(f): 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hello everyone, please what chances do we have if my husband as my sponsor will also travel with me (that is if we get the grant).
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
santity100:

forget the bonanza they did in February intake and early May.

The delay in grant for July intake is really worrisome.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by santity100: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
chytai:
Hello everyone, please what chances do we have if my husband as my sponsor will also travel with me (that is if we get the grant).

Good chance but get your own approval before he applies.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by santity100: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
weldonextreme:

The delay in grant for July intake is really worrisome.

Yes but it is always like this except for that February intake.

They take time.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dotter8: 12:15am On Jun 17, 2017
Hi guys,
I have a drivers lincense that would expire this august. How do i go abt renewal and collection before travelling to aussie july? I learnt of an international drivers lincense but dont know how to get it nd how well it is acceptable in aussie. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:23am On Jun 17, 2017
dotter8:
Hi guys,
I have a drivers lincense that would expire this august. How do i go abt renewal and collection before travelling to aussie july? I learnt of an international drivers lincense but dont know how to get it nd how well it is acceptable in aussie. Thanks
#coughs. My friend, you are a Nigerian. Time don go.
Disclaimer: you are responsible for what you understand from the statement above
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jackson2dye4: 2:44am On Jun 17, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

#coughs. My friend, you are a Nigerian. Time don go.
Disclaimer: you are responsible for what you understand from the statement above

Cotty.. It isn't easy ooh, I tried getting the license on time by even sorting but the road safety guy said the best he can do for me is 26working days, anything else wouldn't be original!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:50am On Jun 17, 2017
jackson2dye4:

Cotty.. It isn't easy ooh, I tried getting the license on time by even sorting but the road safety guy said the best he can do for me is 26working days, anything else wouldn't be original!!

My friend, do the needful. I faced similar issue. Naija is naija. You can apply for a renewal and have someone send to you when it's out, or answer the call of Ebenezer I disobey,. No be me go tell you say teacher mama don die.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 7:28am On Jun 17, 2017
phemmy28:
Whats the policy on dependents immigration after the primary applicant is granted visa

We are trying to get a study visa for my wife for masters in public health, she has a medical degree from ukraine already. Thing is we were thinking that we would all be able to go together, Her, myself and the two kids. So now we hear that she has to apply alone and go first and after about a month, myself and the kids can now apply as dependants with reference to the visa given to my wife.

Looking for advice, she has her admission and just waiting for CoE to make the visa application. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jackson2dye4: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2017
Happy weekend fam!!

In my own limited understand about the whole visa waiting thing, I would suggest that people whose visa process time has exceeded 36days/50days should call Pretoria and confirm what is going on +27124236203.

It's just a suggestion tho.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 10:51am On Jun 17, 2017
[quote author=phemmy28 post=57592654]

Shey na say my matter nor touch abi wetin? Can someone who "knows" help out with a litte insight!!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haliru001: 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
jackson2dye4:
Happy weekend fam!!

In my own limited understand about the whole visa waiting thing, I would suggest that people whose visa process time has exceeded 36days/50days should call Pretoria and confirm what is going on +27124236203.

It's just a suggestion tho.
It's now 36days/68days sef.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Haliru001:

These guys are the funniest set of individuals on earth. What!!! My app was 50 on Friday. I'm suppose to be in Australia latest 3rd of July. How do they want people to handle this their timing
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haliru001: 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
lakola:

These guys are the funniest set of individuals on earth. What!!! My app was 50 on Friday. I'm suppose to be in Australia latest 3rd of June. How do they want people to handle this their timing
When is your resumption date?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
Haliru001:

When is your resumption date?
Orientation starts on the 4th of July, classings starts 10th of July.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jackson2dye4: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
Haliru001:

It's changing every day ooh
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
Please house ..what happens if your visa is approved after ur start date ...and skool has resumed..what do u do?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dontee5star(m): 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
Jiggsbaby:
Please house ..what happens if your visa is approved after ur start date ...and skool has resumed..what do u do?

Your case officer would contact your school if you can still come over ! Otherwise it won't be approved
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
[quote author=phemmy28 post=57597912][/quote]
Bros, if person get answer you go hear am. BIKO nobody de disregard ya mata
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jessicaeku: 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
Friday, 16 June 2017
Online Visitor visa lodgement for Indian nationals

All Indian passport holders will have the option to lodge Visitor visa applications online from 1 July 2017, as part of the continued expansion of online access to Visitor visas globally.

With the rising popularity of Australia as a holiday destination, there has been a significant rise in demand for Australian visas in India.

In the first four months of 2017 alone, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection granted more than 65,000 Visitor visas to Indian nationals.

The Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Alex Hawke, said the online application option would make applying for Australian Visitor visas easier and ultimately enhance the visitor experience for Indian citizens.

“Indian nationals wishing to visit Australia will soon be able to apply for a Visitor visa in a more convenient and accessible manner,” Mr Hawke said.

“Online lodgement for visitor visa applications is a significant enhancement that will benefit Indian applicants seeking to visit Australia as tourists or business visitors, or those wanting to reconnect with family and friends.”

Online lodgement offers benefits such as 24/7 accessibility, electronic payment of the visa application charge and the ability to check the status of applications lodged online, all through the Department’s ImmiAccount portal.

Being able to check the status of an application online, as soon as it is finalised, will allow Indian applicants to finalise their travel arrangements as soon as possible, confident that they have first obtained the necessary visa for their visit.

See: Index of Media Releases

URL: http://www.minister.border.gov.au/alexhawke/2017/Pages/online-visa-lodgement-india.aspx

Last update: Friday, 16 June 2017
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
Dontee5star:

Your case officer would contact your school if you can still come over ! Otherwise it won't be approved

It won't be approved!! I thought it would be approved then U can differ the admission
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bblessed: 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
[quote author=phemmy28 post=57565201]Whats the policy on dependents immigration after the primary applicant is granted visa

We are trying to get a study visa for my wife for masters in public health, she has a medical degree from ukraine already. Thing is we were thinking that we would all be able to go together, Her, myself and the two kids. So now we hear that she has to apply alone and go first and after about a month, myself and the kids can now apply as dependants with reference to the visa given to my wife.

Looking for advice, she has her admission and just waiting for CoE to make the visa application. Thanks.

Cc santity100, jewelstone and co, abeg look into this question.thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by santity100: 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
[quote author=bblessed post=57603889][/quote]

When submittig her application for visa, she must submit all your details and passport pages.

After her approval.

1) she pays insurance for the dependants and spouse. This will be high as it is family but you can have estimate by using Google OSHC australia.

2) The school will issue you guys COE after payment of the insurance.

3) apply for visa with lots of evidences and proofs of the relationship and availability of finance to support.

The spouse can work but tuition for the kids are kinda high.

When she arrives, you guys can decide how you want to proceed.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
santity100:

When submittig her application for visa, she must submit all your details and passport pages.

After her approval.

1) she pays insurance for the dependants and spouse. This will be high as it is family but you can have estimate by using Google OSHC australia.

2) The school will issue you guys COE after payment of the insurance.

3) apply for visa with lots of evidences and proofs of the relationship and availability of finance to support.

The spouse can work but tuition for the kids are kinda high.

When she arrives, you guys can decide how you want to proceed.

Thanks "santity100" for the response, thing is she got an offer letter and we were supposed to pay the total family cover as regards the health insurance, but her case officer said we should pay just her own insurance. Also we were thinking that in the case she gets her approval and myself and the kids get ours, I could join her in order to make arrangements for the kids and all that settling in things before coming back for the kids. wondering if it might be an issue if I am going in without the kids and all. Thanks again.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by santity100: 8:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
phemmy28:

Thanks "santity100" for the response, thing is she got an offer letter and we were supposed to pay the total family cover as regards the health insurance, but her case officer said we should pay just her own insurance. Also we were thinking that in the case she gets her approval and myself and the kids get ours, I could join her in order to make arrangements for the kids and all that settling in things before coming back for the kids. wondering if it might be an issue if I am going in without the kids and all. Thanks again.

All will be well with your plans. It's fine once she can get her own approval.

I wish you guys the best.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by santity100: 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2017
jackson2dye4:

It's changing every day ooh

People have started getting respons especially most that submitted before 20th May.

Based on the numbers of people that initially informed this thread that they submitted applications in April and early May and their inactivity , obviously results are not too good.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iloveutd: 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
Any grant recieved in the house?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PtBlank: 4:45am On Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

Quite an interesting thread. How come no one is talking about scholarships to assuage the effect of the exorbitant tuition? Or are scholarships not on offer in Australia?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.