Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1245436 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 2:21am On Nov 21, 2019
fheyizsmart:
We are all entitled to our opinion anyway, that's what he thinks, afterall I'm sure the 20% means alot to the guy if he only knows the total indicative fee and what it takes to be eligible

Geez chill, I ain't gonna chop of your head. undecided
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fheyizsmart: 5:48am On Nov 21, 2019
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by oloyede1(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I'm looking to study in Australia.

I had BSC in Nigeria.

Should one consider starting afresh or go for masters?

Secondly, like how much do I need to have to process admission?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jide4lagos(m): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2019
oloyede1:
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I'm looking to study in Australia.

I had BSC in Nigeria.

Should one consider starting afresh or go for masters?

Secondly, like how much do I need to have to process admission?
5m
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dearbest: 11:28am On Nov 21, 2019
It definitely helps. Thanks a lot.
Nenyeroz1:

I submitted the same SOP that I used to apply for admission for visa also. However, before lodging my visa application, I'd carried out more extensive research on my field of study, in terms of the opportunities (job wise) that abound in it in Nigeria and which ones I target to get after completing my masters in Australia. Also, I gave examples of existing establishments where I'd apply to and what additional personal professional practice I'd register in order to be able to get contracts with gov. and non-gov. organisations upon my arrival in Nigeria after studying the Masters in Australia.

grin long answer abi. Lol
So, short answer is, I believe you can upgrade the SOP you gave your school and use it for visa application. Just ensure its the same essay. (That's what a professional advised me to do during my time)
Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MACD19: 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
Greetings to all, please i graduated with HND mechanical engineering with 3.09 GP and I want to further in any of the Australia universities. Please can i get names of any sharp Uni with quick visa response,, and pls which degree can go for with my grade?�
Thanks in advance
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ugonna1054(m): 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
strangest:

Australia award Africa is currently ongoing, they have short course and Masters... Give it a try, it will soon end...

www.australiaawardsafrica.org

Thank you very much bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by simayg: 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
5m for a year tuition or for a semester, what of sponsor's account volume? Thanks
jide4lagos:
5m
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pitman10: 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
simayg:
5m for a year tuition or for a semester, what of sponsor's account volume? Thanks

5m for a semester not for a year, 5m will be enough for you to process your admission and pay your tuition deposit and as well apply for your visa....
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by CaptainDee: 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
Good day guys. I'm new on this thread. I'll like to know how long it takes to get a feedback from the Australian consulate on an average, for a Masters study visa application. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 11:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
With TAFE, his chance of visa grant is very small. I would suggest masters once he already have BSc.
infotail:
Please I have a friend who needs urgent advice .... he just finished his b.sc and now he is doing his masters programme here in Nigeria ...now he is thinking of traveling out from the country ... considering Australia and Canada but due to the school fees of the country he is thinking of going for TAFE in Australia and letter apply for masters program over there if he makes he money or going for master program in lithenuia.

So please which is the best option he can take on based on traveling to Australia for TaFE or lithenuia for masters
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vatsyayana: 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dear great people,
My heart is currently pounding fast, I'm confused ATM. Please I need someone to guide me.
I was offered a conditional admission by UTAS in September, I accepted, paid, and also made steps to meet the conditions of offer. I just checked my portal and it tells me "Revised Offer Requested" I haven't seen the details of the revised offer, but I'm scared as to the content.
Please can someone with experience tell me what I may likely encounter.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by simayg: 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
pitman10:

Thanks, do I still need sponsor's account and how much should be their.

5m for a semester not for a year, 5m will be enough for you to process your admission and pay your tuition deposit and as well apply for your visa....
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by simayg: 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2019
Thanks. Do I need to still show sponsors account and how much should be in it
pitman10:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pitman10: 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2019
simayg:
Thanks. Do I need to still show sponsors account and how much should be in it

Yes up to 16m
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by simayg: 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2019
Thanks boss, who can be a sponsor? Can someone from spouse family be a sponsor?
pitman10:

Yes up to 16m
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pitman10: 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2019
simayg:
Thanks boss, who can be a sponsor? Can someone from spouse family be a sponsor?

Family is best to be your sponsor, but still your spouse family can be your sponsor but it's very risky
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chizzy12345: 9:56am On Nov 27, 2019
Good day everyone, please i am having some challenges with my visa application. My agency BCIE is insisting that my sponsor needs to have the cost of living and balance of first year tuition (which is about 9.8M) in the account for at least three consecutive months before they can lodge my visa application. Please i would like to know if this is a necessary requirement or i can go ahead and apply on my own. i already have my COE from University of Tasmania and my resumption date is February 24th 2020. I would really appreciate any help, thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fheyizsmart: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2019
For you to have been cleared by your uni, I think you must have satisfied their own financial requirements with whatever doc you submited before issuing you a COE which is judged by them to be acceptable by DHA. At the same time, your agent is also trying to play by the rules cos case officer may request for it and you need to have it handy as you would also fill a part indicating your financial evidence when applying for the visa and you need to put a figure you can defend with evidence if they request. I hope this helps.
chizzy12345:
Good day everyone, please i am having some challenges with my visa application. My agency BCIE is insisting that my sponsor needs to have the cost of living and balance of first year tuition (which is about 9.8M) in the account for at least three consecutive months before they can lodge my visa application. Please i would like to know if this is a necessary requirement or i can go ahead and apply on my own. i already have my COE from University of Tasmania and my resumption date is February 24th 2020. I would really appreciate any help, thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fisayo1212: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
Pls if someone have Australia visa, is it possible for tat person to do d finger print there
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 5:32am On Nov 28, 2019
Good evening all, This is about rent and accommodation.

For some days now, I've been thinking about rent and the excessive amount most of us pay including myself all in the name of renting a room.

An idea then popped into my head, what if you can gather friends and rent an apartment on your own, you can get your own private bathroom In that way, you not only save yourself the wahala of some housemates or landlord. You also pay cheaper rent since you know how much you'd pay in a week, month and so in.

At the moment I pay $150 per week which I still consider expensive.
Anyway the purpose of my writeup grin is to say if you need a cheap place to stay and wouldn't mind sharing an apartment with my humble self. Where I'll make sure you don't pay more than $150 in a week. Let me know

P. S You have to be in Victoria though, It's mainly for Deakin University students although anyone is welcomed.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tee79(f): 10:33am On Nov 28, 2019
Please I will be arriving in Melbourne at the end of January although I am a PR (190). Can I message you as I am interested in the accommodation.

Joan011:
Good evening all, This is about rent and accommodation.

For some days now, I've been thinking about rent and the excessive amount most of us pay including myself all in the name of renting a room.

An idea then popped into my head, what if you can gather friends and rent an apartment on your own, you can get your own private bathroom In that way, you not only save yourself the wahala of some housemates or landlord. You also pay cheaper rent since you know how much you'd pay in a week, month and so in.

At the moment I pay $150 per week which I still consider expensive.
Anyway the purpose of my writeup grin is to say if you need a cheap place to stay and wouldn't mind sharing an apartment with my humble self. Where I'll make sure you don't pay more than $150 in a week. Let me know

P. S You have to be in Victoria though, It's mainly for Deakin University students although anyone is welcomed.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chizzy12345: 11:41am On Nov 28, 2019
fheyizsmart Thank you bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cjleks: 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
Good day everyone.
It's good to be here. Please what is the best region to study Electrical/Renewable Energy Engineering?

I need ideas for universities with relatively affordable tuition fees please can anyone b kind enough to give me this information?

Also how do I go about writing a convincing SOP since I have a masters already but want to go for another as I am passionate about alternative energy.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 1:20am On Nov 29, 2019
Tee79:
Please I will be arriving in Melbourne at the end of January although I am a PR (190). Can I message you as I am interested in the accommodation.

Sure.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joan011: 1:27am On Nov 29, 2019
Cjleks:
Good day everyone.
It's good to be here. Please what is the best region to study Electrical/Renewable Energy Engineering?

I need ideas for universities with relatively affordable tuition fees please can anyone b kind enough to give me this information?

Also how do I go about writing a convincing SOP since I have a masters already but want to go for another as I am passionate about alternative energy.

The bolded part is on Google.
You've answered yourself already, there are SOP formats online, look at them to get an idea of what to write and what not to write.
Write the SOP as if that's the only thing that'll keep you alive to see tomorrow tongue
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JejeIsLife: 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2019
I really apprentiate everyone effort for contributing to the thread....

I have been reading from page one but skipped at some point because mum was on my nerves to travel to Dubai, But insisted because cost of edu in dubai is exorbitant and one can't work as a student.

I had HND mech engr with Pass due to reason best known and had ND lower credit.(2014) in which i know that I can get admission if Intend to go for MSC.

I am considering to go for TAFE with my ND as TAFE is lower to bsc but kinda correlate with ND (my opinion though)

Pls what is my possibilities of getting admission
If I apply with my ND certificate.

What TAFE program has further programme in lieu to PR

Pls kindly suggest...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by RileyIcedbeatz: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2019
Good day everyone, thanks for all the contributions on this wonderful thread. Please I want to ask something. I studied building technology (HND)here in Nigeria my N.D cgpa is 3.09 while my HND cgpa is 2.74 and Ifinished Nysc and all. I'm 32 years btw, I've always wanted to study computer science and want to apply for admission into an Australian university, the thing now is an acquaintance told me that I should try and apply for a school in Sydney or Melbourne that there is better advantage and chances of getting job there. He also advised me to study nursing that many other courses for a low percentage of gaining job as an African and stuff. That I should study nursing, he studied Business management and couldn't get a job and had to go back and study nursing and that's when he got a job and has been working since then.
I want to ask the house please what's your insight on this?
BTW I took TOEFL in 2015 got 85/120 I dont know whether it can aid my application, though toefl expires after two years. I used it to apply for admission in U.S but was denied 4 times will the 4 times affect my Australian visa application? Do I have to get a new Nigerian international passport?
What would you do if you were in my shoes? Thanks in advance for responding to my questions.

genny080, Ibrahim39, Softkey, KK4, ofemi77, roommate, Mma24,
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Addenn: 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
Greetings everyone, am in need of an accommodation in Melbourne, possibly close to the Alfred. This accommodation is needed towards February 2020. Please kindly help if you have or have anyone who has an empty space for rent.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
Brother, I need accomodation as well, I will be going to Latrobe University in Feb 2020.

I will appreciate accomodation for a few.days before I go my own way.

Addenn:
Greetings everyone, am in need of an accommodation in Melbourne, possibly close to the Alfred. This accommodation is needed towards February 2020. Please kindly help if you have or have anyone who has an empty space for rent.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dearbest: 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2019
A quick one please, how many words should a good GTE statement be?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tee79(f): 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2019
Please I sent you a mail.

Joan011:

Sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.