Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1242727 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by valveraaaa: 9:42am On Mar 30, 2020
Thank you all for the spontaneous reply,i will let her know,cos she felt abit discouraged about her situation.Godbless you all.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JaycJay247: 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
JaycJay247:
Greetings everyone who has made things possible and easier via this platform. Am new here, pls i have a Bsc in Crop science and i want have my Msc one Aussie, but am thinking of changing discipline to Information Technology. My question is this
1. If I do msc in crops science how possible can I get PR
2. Is there anyway I can do msc in IT considering the fact that it’s not my degree course.
3. How possible will it be to do msc in crop sconce and later swap to IT.
Please I need advice.

plese no answer on this yet pls help
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by BadmanJoso(m): 10:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
AyaE:
Hello Guys, my grant just came in today!!!!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this thread one way or the other on this thread. It has helped immensely.
My time line:
Submitted application-31st July 2019
Conditional offer- 15th July 2019
CoE- 24th November 2019
Biometrics- 27th December 2019
Submitted Visa Application- 25th January 2020
IELTS Score- 7.0 (I had a minimum band score of 7.0 so my average was 7.0). I got a waiver from the school so I didn't need IELTS for school admission. My agent advised I write one for visa so I did.
School- Flinders University
Sponsor's account: My maternal uncle. Submitted 2 bank statements. One had 18m and the other was a fixed deposit account that matures every 30days. It had 13m.
Course- Social work (masters)
BSc- Microbiology

Submitted my credentials, letter from sponsor, proof of relationship to sponsor (uncle & Mum's NPC) and sponsor's account statement. I didn't submit payslips or my account statement sha.
Challenges faced: I already had an MSc in Microbiology so applying for a second masters was what I had to prove. Plus, with Social Work being a high risk course I had to write a convincing SOP. (I can share that with anyone interested cos mehn this took me like a month to write). My work experience was also a bonus cos I work as a care assistant.
Sometime in December the bank statement I used for the school admission could no longer be used cos he had to move the funds to another bank for investment reasons. He had to submit another letter to this effect. He also had to back it up with the fixed deposit account.
School resumes on Monday so if anyone could help with flight and accommodation links, I'd be most grateful.

Thank God!!!!!!!

Congratulations bro. I am considering getting a bachelor's degree in social work in any Australian university though i have unsw as my dream school. I am currently in my final year as a law student in OAU haven't done so well but will finish the race. I just want to start school all over. I took the ielts exam this march and got 7.5. I need to know the next step please. I sent a dm and hope to hear back from you. Thanks

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AyaE: 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
Hello, I don't know much but I'll try to give you some answers.

1. Pls check if Crop Science is on the required skilled list for immigration.

2. I believe you can do an an msc in IT. You just need to write a very convincing SOP. Maybe back it up with some IT related work experience.

3. About switching, that shouldn't be a problem since your first degree is related. Again, pls check if crop science is on the skilled list.

Hope this helps.

JaycJay247:

plese no answer on this yet pls help
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ufodeking: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
Good day every one, please any one studying in Macquarie University, I want to apply for my Masters. I need some enlightenment about the school. Thanks in advance, waiting for prompt reply.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adeyemi91(m): 3:35am On Apr 03, 2020
AyaE:

2. I believe you can do an an msc in IT. You just need to write a very convincing SOP. Maybe back it up with some IT related work experience.

3. About switching, that shouldn't be a problem since your first degree is related. Again, pls check if crop science is on the skilled list.

Hope this helps.

Hello, congrats on your admission.
Pls someone should enlighten me on this mostly 1 and 2. I actually didn't write TOEFL but I selected an option that I did my studies in English language. Now, I don't know what I should use as proof.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 7:28am On Apr 03, 2020
adeyemi91:
Hello, congrats on your admission.
Pls someone should enlighten me on this mostly 1 and 2. I actually didn't write TOEFL but I selected an option that I did my studies in English language. Now, I don't know what I should use as proof.
1. Go to your university, your department to be specific, and request for your Course syllabus. They would definitely have it.

2. Get a letter from your university stating that your degree was undertaken in English.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 7:28am On Apr 03, 2020
NB1912:

1. Go to your university, your department to be specific, and request for your Course syllabus. They would definitely have it.

2. Get a letter from your university stating that your degree was undertaken in English.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adeoladele(m): 10:23am On Apr 03, 2020
As coronavirus spreads, 'it's time to go home' Scott Morrison tells visitors and international students

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-03/coronavirus-pm-tells-international-students-time-to-go-to-home/12119568
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by adeyemi91(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
NB1912:

Thanks brother. I appreciate.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 6:00am On Apr 04, 2020
adeoladele:
As coronavirus spreads, 'it's time to go home' Scott Morrison tells visitors and international students

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-03/coronavirus-pm-tells-international-students-time-to-go-to-home/12119568

This is serious !!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JaycJay247: 8:23am On Apr 04, 2020
AyaE:

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot , crop science is not specifically on the list what is there is Agricultural scientist, Agric Engr, Agric consultant. So I don’t know if it cover mine deiscipline. And pls is there any limited age for Bsc in australia
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AyaE: 11:32am On Apr 06, 2020
JaycJay247:
Thanks a lot , crop science is not specifically on the list what is there is Agricultural scientist, Agric Engr, Agric consultant. So I don’t know if it cover mine deiscipline. And pls is there any limited age for Bsc in australia

I genuinely do no know much about that but I would advice you pick something on the skilled list so as not to waste time and money. That is, if the plan is to apply for PR after studies.

Then again, it's possible to switch after/during studying. I heard people do this (P.S. I do not have sufficient information on how this is done tho.) but I know someone who finished a masters degree in international relations and started another masters degree in social work. If you do this, be prepared for the option of working tooth and nail to pay for 4years schooling. Again, I do not have information on switching during studies. Maybe someone here can help you with that information.

Biko pls, find out the qualification for the related courses on the skilled list. If crop science can get you to apply as an agricultural scientist then by all means go for it.

Goodluck!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by travelgal: 2:43am On Apr 08, 2020
[quote author=BadmanJoso post=87939004][/quote]

congratulations on your visa grant and thank you for sharing your journey.

Writing my SOP has not been easy ,I have been battling with it for sometime. I'll appreciate it if you can share yours with me. I just received my COE to James Cook Uni and I am about to apply for my visa. Course of study is MSW Social works. I have a degree in Law and a few years experience in Social works. I am married with kids but I am applying without my dependents for now.Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by BadmanJoso(m): 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
Please i have read through this thread and didn't come across the full list of documents that'll be required by schools for admission purposes... can someone please kindly help out with that? Thanks!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Prayo1997: 12:05am On Apr 11, 2020
Hello Everybody on Niaraland,
pls, i am a graduate with 2:1 in B.sc in Business Administration in 2017
and i have tried applying for masters in canada but i was not given visa last year,
so now i have decided to study in Australia
i want to go for Business Analysis
please i need advice on this, to be sure i can get a PR after studies.
Also, jobs there
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nanoparticle: 9:12am On Apr 11, 2020
BadmanJoso:
Please i have read through this thread and didn't come across the full list of documents that'll be required by schools for admission purposes... can someone please kindly help out with that? Thanks!

If you ae using ukeas u will need d ff documents
For msc

Degree certificate
Waec
2 reference letters...academic n professional
Personal statement
CV
International passport
Transcript
IELTS ...if available
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 10:43am On Apr 11, 2020
Prayo1997:
Hello Everybody on Niaraland,
pls, i am a graduate with 2:1 in B.sc in Business Administration in 2017
and i have tried applying for masters in canada but i was not given visa last year,
so now i have decided to study in Australia
i want to go for Business Analysis
please i need advice on this, to be sure i can get a PR after studies.
Also, jobs there
Business Analysis as a course won't give you a PR, and the closest occupation to that is ICT Business Analyst unless you're certain of getting a job as a ICT Business Analyst after graduation otherwise look for something else.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2020
JaycJay247:

It does cover for Agricultural scientist
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Viola2017: 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Which school did you gain addimsion

Writing my SOP has not been easy ,I have been battling with it for sometime. I'll appreciate it if you can share yours with me. I just received my COE to James Cook Uni and I am about to apply for my visa. Course of study is MSW Social works. I have a degree in Law and a few years experience in Social works. I am married with kids but I am applying without my dependents for now.Thank you[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by BadmanJoso(m): 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
Thank you so much! And what of bsc?
nanoparticle:

If you ae using ukeas u will need d ff documents
For msc

Degree certificate
Waec
2 reference letters...academic n professional
Personal statement
CV
International passport
Transcript
IELTS ...if available
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nanoparticle: 12:06am On Apr 12, 2020
BadmanJoso:
Thank you so much! And what of bsc?
Testimonial
Waec
Statement of purpose
English test
Int passport
1 reference
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by CaptGroin(m): 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
Goodday everyone,
Pls help.
I studied sociology at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Am now planning for another master's degree in Australia. Both am confused in choose between masters in social work and public health . Which do you think will help for PR. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:08am On Apr 14, 2020
CaptGroin:
Goodday everyone,
Pls help.
I studied sociology at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Am now planning for another master's degree in Australia. Both am confused in choose between masters in social work and public health . Which do you think will help for PR. Thanks
Social work
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nanoparticle: 8:36am On Apr 14, 2020
Don't even think it twice...public health is close to useless in Australia except you ae n australian

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by CaptainDee: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2020
Good day guys. Please I need help. I studied mechanical engineering at undergraduate level and I'm looking to do a masters in Australia. Having worked in the aviation sector for 3 years after school, I'm torn between doing masters in aviation or masters in aerospace engineering at RMIT. Please, I need recommendation as to which one favours a PR in future, as this will act as the ultimate factor in my decision. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by valveraaaa: 9:46am On Apr 16, 2020
Why is this house so calm?pls can we just say hello! Any up date? Me i am waiting to do my medical and biometrics so i can apply for my student visa.how about others whats up for those resuming in july
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Deprofessional(m): 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
Good evening forum members, please I am here to ask few questions. I have gone through some of the comments.

My wife received her admission letter last night. She was offered admission to study master of finance in university of Tasmania for the session starting in July 2020.

We have already decided to defer the admission because it came at a very short notice and also because of the subsisting lockdown.

We are a family of 4 we all plan to travel. But the draw back is the finance. Myself and wify can only gather at most #13m. My worry is that this may not be enough.

I plan to work and support the family if we eventually make it to Aussie. Wify will combine school and part time work. The children will be in school of course.

Please I need advice from experienced people in the house.

Remain blessed.

I forgot to mention that the ultimate goal is a PR
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by BadmanJoso(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
nanoparticle:

Testimonial
Waec
Statement of purpose
English test
Int passport
1 reference

Thank you man�
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Deprofessional(m): 9:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
Dereformer:

Rough estimate:

2 semesters school fees is equal to #9,000,000.00
3 months upkeep @ 120 AUD/week @ 250 # 360,000.00
6 months rent @ 400 AUD/week @250 #2,400,000.00
2 Children school fees for 3 months @350 per child per week #2,100,000.00
A small car estimated at 2500AUD #625,000.00
Visa fee for all 4 family members estimated at #1,600,000.00
Air ticket for all 4 estimated at #2,000,000.00
Logistics #1,000,000.00
Total #19,085,000.00

God forbid, I can't kill myself. The best i can raise out of this amount is only #14,000,000.00

Is this for real?
Fear don catch me ooooo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Papacypaul(m): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2020
Please are there scholarship opportunities for Master’s studies in Australia for Civil Engineering and stay afterward. Probably the one that will not require IELTS.

Presently in 500lvl, and will want to move next year

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.