Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:46 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1230504 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Obinnau(m): 7:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Sweetie20:
Hello everyone
Am new here
I am interested in the Australia student visa and scholarship opportunity for masters
Course: Public health
School: Babcock university
I will love to get help from y'all
Thanks
take ielts or toefl
Get your transcripts ready, you need to have a CGPA above 4.00/5.00 to be competitive for scholarships
Publish your undergraduate project
Have good lecturers that can write recommendation letters for you.
Then apply.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sweetie20: 12:54am On Jun 11, 2020
sokia4real:

I haven't done IELTS exam
I don't know a school offering my course in Australia..
Have you done your ielts exam? Or gone through the requirements of the school you desired
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sweetie20: 1:00am On Jun 11, 2020
Thanks for the info

Obinnau:
take ielts or toefl
Get your transcripts ready, you need to have a CGPA above 4.00/5.00 to be competitive for scholarships
Then apply.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sokia4real: 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
[quote author=Sweetie20 post=90536393][/quote]

course You wanna study?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hairbyuj(f): 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
So no hope for 2nd class lower graduate??

Obinnau:
take ielts or toefl
Then apply.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Obinnau(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
hairbyuj:

a 2nd class lower grade can only hope to be admitted as a normal student with a strong statement of purpose
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hairbyuj(f): 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
Wow oh

No scholarship... Hmmmmm

Obinnau:
a 2nd class lower grade can only hope to be admitted as a normal student with a strong statement of purpose
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12349422

The July corridor will mainly be for those who have been granted visa and enrolled students that travelled and got stuck oversea.
They will extend the corridor to new applicants, that is the main aim.
There is no final details yet, the quarantine arrangements will likely be between the school and student. The school will finance the corridor but nothing has been said about the cost fall on students.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Headlaw(m): 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hello everyone, please I have B.sc in accounting and have been working in Financial IT company for 4years. I want to apply for student visa to do my masters. What are the likely opportunities I may have in Australia.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 7:39am On Jun 13, 2020
hairbyuj:
Thank you for your response.

So please the masters he is a recent graduate with second class lower. He was looking at Supply chain management and logistics.

Please share me the requirement and the link to search to apply.

Thanks everyone

What is your long term objective for wanting to move to Australia for your masters?

If the ultimate goal is to have PR, then search for a school in any of the regional areas with moderate school fees.

Note that your masters must be at least a two year course.

You stand a better chance of getting a PR in TASMANIA. But the down side is there are no jobs there. Otherwise, I would have advised that you look towards university of Tasmania.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nwokeomajayb: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2020
Stop feeding wrong informations to people. Even 3rd class can make it here. if you have strong equity background i recommend you go for cheap schools. Show them crazy bank statement mate you are good to go. It applies in every school here. No exemption for Scholarships, it goes for everyone regardless of your grade. NOTE: The country is not for dull immigrant. You need to be smart and quick here.
Obinnau:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nwokeomajayb: 8:03am On Jun 13, 2020
They can give you visa at 40 yrs mate. if you can score higher points on English test after sch then you are good to go. Age only plays a vital role with points when want to apply for PR after school.
explorer00:

Thanks for the response i so much appreciate it .

I don’t have int’l passport ,never done it before , reason is because I know this kind of problem will surface in the future when I have serious issues about my academics. I once abandoned it and face my business and came back to finish it, which took about 7yrs cry for a 4 yr degree .

I don’t have waec , I did NECO , I think I can go to there office and change that .
For the BVN , I can change that after I get the affidavits cert. from the court .

Also , I only have voters card i can change that too . I didn’t do drivers license yet. I don’t have NIN too

Please what’s NPC doc ?

Having spent 7yrs in Uni plus couple of strike , how do I prove my gap years ?
Any suggestions? Ideas ,
Thanks
I have a baby face too wink
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nwokeomajayb: 8:08am On Jun 13, 2020
You can even do 4th masters. The country doesn't give a shit in as much as you can pay the tuition fees and sponsor yourself here.
superplus:
Hi all. I already have a masters degree by coursework which is sufficient to get me a direct PhD offer. However, I want to apply for master by research or Mphil as I believe I will stand a better chance of securing Research Scholarship. I feel PhD scholarship may be too competitive. Can I do a second masters in Australia?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Obinnau(m): 8:37am On Jun 13, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:
Stop feeding wrong informations to people. Even 3rd class can make it here. if you have strong equity background i recommend you go for cheap schools. Show them crazy bank statement mate you are good to go. It applies in every school here. No exemption for Scholarships, it goes for everyone regardless of your grade. NOTE: The country is not for dull immigrant. You need to be smart and quick here.
please can you show me an example of a 3rd class student with scholarship in Australia? Wake up from your utopia abeg
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nwokeomajayb: 9:05am On Jun 13, 2020
Na gossip dey hungry you.
Obinnau:
please can you show me an example of a 3rd class student with scholarship in Australia? Wake up from your utopia abeg

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 10:23am On Jun 13, 2020
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by explorer00: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:
They can give you visa at 40 yrs mate. if you can score higher points on English test after sch then you are good to go. Age only plays a vital role with points when want to apply for PR after school.

Ok thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teepompey: 1:27am On Jun 14, 2020
hairbyuj:

There is, depending on the cgpa, desired course and institution.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by raheemkeji(f): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2020
I need Help Please!! (Skilled - Recognised Graduate (subclass 476))

My Visa was granted on 22 November 2019, but I have not been able to Travel due to Coronavirus Pandemic, Please advice me on the next step as I believe that "For the first entry, arrive by 04 March 2020" means I must be there before the Specified date. I am very confused and don't know the next step. Kindly advice me on what to do.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 11:44am On Jun 14, 2020
raheemkeji:
I need Help Please!! (Skilled - Recognised Graduate (subclass 476))

My Visa was granted on 22 November 2019, but I have not been able to Travel due to Coronavirus Pandemic, Please advice me on the next step as I believe that "For the first entry, arrive by 04 March 2020" means I must be there before the Specified date. I am very confused and don't know the next step. Kindly advice me on what to do.
Your first arrival must not be after 04 March 2020 and the length of your stay expire by 22 May 2021. Contact DHA and tell them about your situation which was due to the pandemic, hopefully something good may comeout of it, like changing the dates of your grant.
Guess you study Engineering in one of the Uni under Washington or Dublin accord.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mjlbabajide(m): 3:24am On Jun 15, 2020
Naijabad:

What is your long term objective for wanting to move to Australia for your masters?

If the ultimate goal is to have PR, then search for a school in any of the regional areas with moderate school fees.

Note that your masters must be at least a two year course.

You stand a better chance of getting a PR in TASMANIA. But the down side is there are no jobs there. Otherwise, I would have advised that you look towards university of Tasmania.

There are jobs in tasmania, every nigerian i know have jobs. Only issues is, you might not get a job as early as you would in sydney, melbourne.

I will advise people coming to tasmania come with a fair bit of savings.

Do not isolate yourself from fellow nigerians. The nigerian community will help you with information about available opportunities.

The nigerians are a special breed and we look after each other.

Back to jobs, Tasmania is very unconventional, you more likely to get job adverts on newspaper and word of mouth, than on the internet.

A lot employers will see our work ethics and request we recommend people to them.

So there are jobs, tons of jobs, just come prepared to weather the storm for a little bit.

There are also people that get jobs within the week they arrive.

Tasmania is currently seeing a mass exodus of people from the mainland. People who have finished countless masters, people who have been jumoing from one visa to another. People who have become sentimentally attached to big cities on the mainland.

These category of people are flooding tassie with the hope getting PR.

So why not start your life here then. Why go and spend years on the mainland, only to pack your bag to come here to look for PR.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by danie09(m): 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
I just deferred my Msc offer at Deakin till November .
Was called by the international office earlier today.
We both agreed July resumption wasn't feasible considering the covid lockdown issues
So best choice is to defer and pray normalcy returns soon .

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Betapikin01: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2020
Good morning All.

Please I'm in a state of confusion right now.
I recently got an admission with a university in Australia (to resume 20th July) ACU precisely.
I have Paid my school fees, got my CoE, and I have also applied for my visa, did my Biometric and medical. Actually waiting for my grant. But due to the pandemic, everything is on pause mode.
Few weeks ago, the outcome of a scholarship that I applied for came out successful. And I was awarded a 50%scholarship. (I was so happy.)
Yesterday I got a mail from the school requesting the I can commence my studies online pending when the travel restriction will be lifted or I can defer the admission to Feb 2021.

Now my challenges.
1. If I defer the admission, will the scholarship be withdrawn?
2. If I chose to start my course online and my visa is denied what happens.
3. Can the school give me a new CoE reflecting the scholarship?

Please guys I need ur advice and humble suggestions

Regards.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tpain22: 8:38am On Jun 16, 2020
danie09:
We both agreed July resumption wasn't feasible considering the covid lockdown issues

I had the same conversation with Deakin Representative as well, I told him I'll wait till end of June before I decide, but from all indications it might be till November, Because after the recent PM announcement it's clear it would take till August before any Visa are granted, that's if they grant
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by danie09(m): 9:49am On Jun 16, 2020
tpain22:

I had the same conversation with Deakin Representative as well, I told him I'll wait till end of June before I decide, but from all indications it might be till November, Because after the recent PM announcement it's clear it would take till August before any Visa are granted, that's if they grant
Its the best decision and if you ve been following the news lately you will see there's little hope for opening of Australian borders soon.
New Zealand just recorded 2news cases yesterday ,after declaring they are covid 19 free.
The new cases are returnees from UK

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by moogee(f): 9:50am On Jun 16, 2020
1) I think the best thing to do here is to send a message to the organisation that awarded you the scholarship, and direct this question to them. I'm sure they will gladly respond. Most scholarships are been deferred due to covid19 and I think they all understand this. Kindly ask them this question directly.

2) if denied maybe you will reapply.

3) you still need to ask the school directly about the new COE, they should be able to guide you better.

Betapikin01:
Good morning All.

Please I'm in a state of confusion right now.
I recently got an admission with a university in Australia (to resume 20th July) ACU precisely.
I have Paid my school fees, got my CoE, and I have also applied for my visa, did my Biometric and medical. Actually waiting for my grant. But due to the pandemic, everything is on pause mode.
Few weeks ago, the outcome of a scholarship that I applied for came out successful. And I was awarded a 50%scholarship. (I was so happy.)
Yesterday I got a mail from the school requesting the I can commence my studies online pending when the travel restriction will be lifted or I can defer the admission to Feb 2021.

Now my challenges.
1. If I defer the admission, will the scholarship be withdrawn?
2. If I chose to start my course online and my visa is denied what happens.
3. Can the school give me a new CoE reflecting the scholarship?

Please guys I need ur advice and humble suggestions

Regards.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sokia4real: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2020
danie09:

I was supposed to resume by July too but I haven’t gotten my CoE yet. Can I still defer too?
I already paid school fees
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by danie09(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2020
sokia4real:

I was supposed to resume by July too but I haven’t gotten my CoE yet. Can I still defer too?
I already paid school fees

Yes you can
just reply to the offer mail you received .
and if you applied through an agent notify them also .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Betapikin01: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2020
Thanks for your response.
The scholarship was awarded by the University.
Maybe I will just write the sch and know what they will say.

moogee:
1) I think the best thing to do here is to send a message to the organisation that awarded you the scholarship, and direct this question to them. I'm sure they will gladly respond. Most scholarships are been deferred due to covid19 and I think they all understand this. Kindly ask them this question directly.

2) if denied maybe you will reapply.

3) you still need to ask the school directly about the new COE, they should be able to guide you better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (686) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.