Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1245943 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
sirtony5:
Good evening all, please I need someone to help clear a brothers doubt.

1. I studied Accounting here in Nigeria and also a Chartered accountant (ICAN). How easy can I find an Msc course that is easy to get and also help my journey to PR?

2. Can I bycout the IELts exam for now? Like is there any school that can accept without IELTS?

3. My sponsor, blood bro is in US, a medical doctor and the wife a nurse. They are willing to sponsor. Can someone in another country sponsor someone?

Please help with an answer if you can.

Hi Sirtony5,

1)check the shortage occupation list(sol) and be on the lookout for a course/job title/career pathway that fit your background and make your decision.

2)Yes, you can apply to all schools. We only need ielts for our PR application and also bear in mind ielts expires every 2yrs.

3)Yes. if your parents or siblings cannot sponsor you who else have the rights too do thatcheesy?

Nb: I'm a prospective student too so the elder's will be more knowledgeable.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
Amahjosh:
Good evening all, please I need your suggestions

1. I studied Electronics and Computer Engineering here in Nigeria but want to do a master's program in Data Science. Is Data Science a good program in Australia with high employment prospects in Australia with getting PR as the goal.

2. Can I get suggestions of level schools that are very good in Data Science with moderate fees, Currently I am applying to Deakin University?

3. Can I use my maternal Uncle as my sponsor who is not bearing the same surname as me or my mum? He is willing to sponsor. Can someone that is not bearing my surname or my mum's previous surname sponsor me?

Hi Amahjosh,

1)Follow your passion and check the sol.

2)Use Google, Deakin is cool. If you're financially buoyant, i suggest you target regional university's.

3)Yes.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 12:27am On Aug 13, 2020
I have check the SOL but I did not see data scientist or data analyst but my agent Goajo is telling me they data science fall under IT that there is no cause for alarm.

Why regional universities and can you mentioned top regional Universities

Ikjosh04:

Hi Amahjosh,

1)Follow your passion and check the sol.

2)Use Google, Deakin is cool. If you're financially buoyant, i suggest you target regional university's.

3)Yes.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kendocity4u: 12:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Good morning Everyone

I got info about this thread from a friend and i'm glad i did.

i am a prospective applicant and i'm not asking to be taken by hand but i really need pointers on how to embark on this journey and i hope to share my own success story at the end of it all. (i am currently going/reading through the thread from page 1)

I studied Computer Science in Nigeria and i wish to further my studies in Australia if God permits, although my CGPA is not sharp enough(its poor) to go straight to masters, i intend to go through Undergraduate program again if that's the only way.

I have some questions and i'll like the ancestors/gurus to chip as much as they can(i'm a fast learner)

1) Can i still go for Bsc again at my age? (i will be 29years in october)
2) Can my age hurt my chances of getting Visa?
3) Is IELTS compulsory and does it give an edge?(I have Academic IELTS and Band Score of 7.5 and it expires next year Feb)
4) which cost effective schools are most preferable for me(I'm on a budget)
5) can i do the application without an Agent?(it seems all schools work through an Agent)
6) how much am i looking at for both Tuition(First year at least) and other miscellaneous that might come up along the way(A rough estimate so i can know what i'm dealing with)
7) how is the application season like? Can i apply now? (Asking because of the prevailing conditions in the world right now and i have been going through the schools website for more info but still a lil confused regarding application season and deadline)

I'll be glad to get a response to all these pertinent questions and others that will come along the way.

Thanks Everyone cheesy cheesy

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2020
Amahjosh:
I have check the SOL but I did not see data scientist or data analyst but my agent Goajo is telling me they data science fall under IT that there is no cause for alarm.

Try and use google very frequent.

Well, I can see you're my name-sake so I'll give you this million dollar advice.

Apply for a Msc in Information Systems Management and do a rigorous self learning on data analysis(cousera/udemy has everything you need).

Regional universities gives applicants extra points for PR application.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
Kendocity4u:
Good morning Everyone

i am a prospective applicant and i'm not asking to be taken by hand but i really need pointers on how to embark on this journey and i hope to share my own success story at the end of it all. (i am currently going/reading through the thread from page 1)

I studied Computer Science in Nigeria and i wish to further my studies in Australia if God permits, although my CGPA is not sharp enough(its poor) to go straight to masters, i intend to go through Undergraduate program again if that's the only way.

I have some questions and i'll like the ancestors/gurus to chip as much as they can(i'm a fast learner)

3) Is IELTS compulsory and does it give an edge?(I have Academic IELTS and Band Score of 7.5 and it expires next year Feb)
5) can i do the application without an Agent?(it seems all schools work through an Agent)
6) how much am i looking at for both Tuition(First year at least) and other miscellaneous that might come up along the way(A rough estimate so i can know what i'm dealing with)
7) how is the application season like? Can i apply now? (Asking because of the prevailing conditions in the world right now and i have been going through the schools website for more info but still a lil confused regarding application season and deadline)

I'll be glad to get a response to all these pertinent questions and others that will come along the way.

NB; i'm open to PM's too.

Kai, this your questions make my head ache and remind me of 1 of my exam question (computer applications to chemical engineering question 1ai) back then in school, where we use your question 1 to 7 to model and simulate a system that will give us a cost effective result of your number 2 question.

Honestly, I don't have knowledge in undergraduate applications to Australia but what I know is, if you are sponsoring yourself for the undergraduate program without any form of scholarship, then you are among the top 20 wealthy Nigerian's in Nigeria.

Undergraduate program in Australia is capital intensive!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
Amahjosh:

That occupation falls under IT. You may or may not get IT experience when you are done with your Masters but I'm 100 per cent sure ACS or TRA will require a qualification in IT and some years of experience in IT. Currently, IT occupations assesed by ACS are only available for nominations if you have a job offer. Other IT occupations assessed by TRA are less stringent but requires at least 3 years experience.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2020
Kendocity4u:
Good morning Everyone

NB; i'm open to PM's too.

Do you have any IT paid experience?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kendocity4u: 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
tunlex01:

Do you have any IT paid experience?

many thanks for your response, about the IT question, i don't have IT paid experience, but I've been teaching Computer Science in Sec schools around me.
does that help my cause??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AyaE: 12:51am On Aug 14, 2020
You can use your maternal uncle as a sponsor. Just be ready to show proof of relationship such as your uncle and mum's birth certificate, your mum's marriage certificate and yours.
I don't know much about data science but if it's on the migration skilled list then you are good to go.
Moderate fees in aussie is around 4m to 6m for a semester. I'm afraid you'd have to do the research yourself and compare schools. Also confirm there is no accreditation body for the course. If there is, make sure the school you take is accredited.
Goodluck.

Amahjosh:
Good evening all, please I need your suggestions

1. I studied Electronics and Computer Engineering here in Nigeria but want to do a master's program in Data Science. Is Data Science a good program in Australia with high employment prospects in Australia with getting PR as the goal.

2. Can I get suggestions of level schools that are very good in Data Science with moderate fees, Currently I am applying to Deakin University?

3. Can I use my maternal Uncle as my sponsor who is not bearing the same surname as me or my mum? He is willing to sponsor. Can someone that is not bearing my surname or my mum's previous surname sponsor me?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AyaE: 12:59am On Aug 14, 2020
I'm amazed sha. Somebody said 'shoot me a mail, let me try and refer you to who might help' and you started your reply with he used offensive words. I'm really intrigued. Didn't you read that part of the message? Even if you don't need his help he took out time to reply your message, couldn't you just really appreciate that?
This life no just balance at all o.
I wish you all the best though cos with the second wave of the pandemic hitting us, lecturers and supervisors aren't exactly free since they have a lot of online classes, assessments and exams to do. Goodluck sir/ma.

fatsonm:

... you can comment without using offensive words na..

I have mailed the office you mentioned...

I belong to some of those groups..

Milton is one of my connections on LinkedIn.

I asked to know if there other possible ways to explore..

Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2020
Visa Grant

The process !!! The wait !!!

Short Story
I applied for my student visa as a single in October 2018. The visa decision took so long that I had moved on from it and continue with my life in Nigeria. I got married and gbam - Student visa grant in April 2019

I arrived in Australia in July 2019.
September 2019 - Notified IMMI about my new marital status.

November 5, 2019 - Reapplied for my student Visa (with my wife inclusive this time). Wrote to immigration to assess me again based on the new information.

November 6, 2019 - Bridging VISA issued

January 6, 2020 - IMMI request for me to redo my medical (Done the same week)

May 7, 2020 - IMMI request for wife’s Polio Vaccination (Submitted the same day)

June 23, 2020 - IMMI request for extension of the Couple Insurance (Submitted the same day)

August 14, 2020 - Visa Grant (I and Wife)

Documents Submitted

Health Insurance (Couple)
Passport page (I and Wife)
Marriage certificate
GTE statement
COE
Marriage Certificate
Wife change of name (News paper publication)
Wedding Photos
Sponsor Bank statement (Brother)
Landed documents (Survey, Plan, Receipt, Agreement)
Joint Account (New)
Wife’s academic qualification
Wife’s Payslip
Chat History (WhatsApp and Text messages)
Relationship Statement
Wife’s medical
Social Media accounts (I and Wife)

All the while, I was very optimistic and finally God did it.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Froshloaded: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2020
Softkey:
Visa Grant

Short Story
I applied for my student visa as a single in October 2018. The visa decision took so long that I had moved on from it and continue with my life in Nigeria. I got married and gbam - Student visa grant in April 2019

November 5, 2019 - Reapplied for my student Visa (with my wife inclusive this time). Wrote to immigration to assess me again based on the new information.

May 7, 2020 - IMMI request for wife’s Polio Vaccination (Submitted the same day)

June 23, 2020 - IMMI request for extension of the Couple Insurance (Submitted the same day)

Documents Submitted

Marriage certificate
GTE statement
COE
Marriage Certificate
Wedding Photos
Joint Account (New)
Wife’s Payslip
Relationship Statement
Wife’s medical

Congratulations Bro

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tpain22: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
Big congrats to you guys, it's good to hear some good news

Softkey:
Visa Grant

Short Story

Documents Submitted

Marriage certificate
GTE statement
COE
Marriage Certificate
Wedding Photos
Joint Account (New)
Wife’s Payslip
Relationship Statement
Wife’s medical

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
Congrats Softkey, we need more good news/inspiration in the house.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 7:19am On Aug 15, 2020
Kendocity4u:

many thanks for your response, about the IT question, i don't have IT paid experience, but I've been teaching Computer Science in Sec schools around me.
does that help my cause??
I was hoping you had a paid IT experience which you could use for the Skilled Migration but since you don't have, you can stick to your studying plan.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Femmy2424: 8:18am On Aug 15, 2020
Congrats Bro, please did use an agent or u applied yourself?

Froshloaded:

Congratulations Bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AustinT575: 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
tunlex01:

I was hoping you had a paid IT experience which you could use for the Skilled Migration but since you don't have, you can stick to your studying plan.
How does skilled migration works?
Do someone have to apply via VFS global or it has a different process
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Cousin9999:
I think some of you need to read this. Just be careful (Aussies are pretty racist):

There's one big problem with Australia's skilled migration program: many employers don't want new migrants

https://theconversation.com/amp/theres-one-big-problem-with-australias-skilled-migration-program-many-employers-dont-want-new-migrants-125569

It makes me wonder/worry how many people are wasting their time, like people who study in Asia and absolutely cannot get hired.

If you classify Aussies as racist individuals, what will you say about the Chinese (Heaven sent people undecided). Are you this uninformed that it's gradually descending into the stupidity rank. angry
Please do some research before spewing out nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kendocity4u: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
Good evening Everyone, trust we're all doing great.........Please can my uncle's friend provide a healthy SOA for me to use for the Visa Application?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by titila: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Good day all. I'm new here. I got an admission from UTAS to study Masters in Logistics Mgt in Feb 2021. I am at my GTE stage now. Too mant documents to produce. God will help me. Please I would like to link up with anyone who will be going to TAS next year or people who have gone through this route with family for advice. Please I really need advice. Thank you in advance.
please contact at : priscatitila@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 12:29am On Aug 16, 2020
AustinT575:

How does skilled migration works?
Do someone have to apply via VFS global or it has a different process
It's a different process entirely. Check the thread for skilled migration.

https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 12:56am On Aug 16, 2020
I would say NO please. What reason does your uncle’s friend have to sponsor your education with such amount of money. You would have to convince IMMI on that. The relationship is not strong at all.
Kendocity4u:
Good evening Everyone, trust we're all doing great.........Please can my uncle's friend provide a healthy SOA for me to use for the Visa Application?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 1:41am On Aug 16, 2020
titila:
Good day all. I'm new here. I got an admission from UTAS to study Masters in Logistics Mgt in Feb 2021. I am at my GTE stage now. Too mant documents to produce. God will help me. Please I would like to link up with anyone who will be going to TAS next year or people who have gone through this route with family for advice. Please I really need advice. Thank you in advance.
please contact at : priscatitila@yahoo.com
Logistics/Supply chains is big in Australia, you stand a chance of state sponsorship after your two years of studying in Tassie and the downside is jobs opportunities to support yourself and family is limited compare to other places. Prepare financially for at least your first year and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Petrified235555: 7:29am On Aug 17, 2020
Please can I apply to the MPhil program with just my BSC?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2020
Thank you for your advice but I wat to ask is Information management system is it in the SOL??

Ikjosh04:

Try and use google very frequent.

Well, I can see you're my name-sake so I'll give you this million dollar advice.

Apply for a Msc in Information Systems Management and do a rigorous self learning on data analysis(cousera/udemy has everything you need).

Regional universities gives applicants extra points for PR application.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 7:52am On Aug 17, 2020
So what is your advice dhould i go for the program or i should look for another IT program in the List

tunlex01:

That occupation falls under IT. You may or may not get IT experience when you are done with your Masters but I'm 100 per cent sure ACS or TRA will require a qualification in IT and some years of experience in IT. Currently, IT occupations assesed by ACS are only available for nominations if you have a job offer. Other IT occupations assessed by TRA are less stringent but requires at least 3 years experience.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by titila: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2020
bligs:

Logistics/Supply chains is big in Australia, you stand a chance of state sponsorship after your two years of studying in Tassie and the downside is jobs opportunities to support yourself and family is limited compare to other places. Prepare financially for at least your first year and you are good to go.

Thank you bligs.
Your response is encouraging. Please can i get your contact?
Thanks in advance
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Obinnau(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
Petrified235555:
Please can I apply to the MPhil program with just my BSC?
yes and publications if you are looking for the research scholarships

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kendocity4u: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
Breaking News ........International Flights to resume August 29th

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ovitbaby(f): 8:25am On Aug 18, 2020
Goodmorning.
I just stumbled through this forum.
I am interested going for an MSC in Data science in a low tuition Australian University.I was told I have to go through an agent(is this a must?).
Please I will be needing advice on how to go about the application process,also,how much i will be needing as my proof of funds,and what %of the tuition fees do I have to pay to get the visa?
I have over 10 years of marketing experience of which I spent 5 years working as a marketer in an ICT industry.
I am currently running a masters program in Unilag(we were supposed to have rounded up),the current ASUU strike as put things to a halt for now.
I would like to confirm if my chosen field of study can get me PR after my studies?

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.