Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,395 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:33 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1230776 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shadon1(m): 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
You won't need a bank statement. Also, hope your agent told you the borders are shut and you will not be able to come to Australia even if your visa is granted.
Basirat6279:
Hello house.
Please I will like your sincere advice on this. I have a bachelor's degree in computer science and I will like to study master in cyber security in Macquarie University. My agent pfl is confirming that I won't need a bank statement for the visa process and the visa is guaranteed because Macquarie is AL1 University but I will need to pay tuition deposit and health insurance of almost 6 million.
I will like to confirm if I won't be needing bank statement.
Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Basirat6279: 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
shadon1:
You won't need a bank statement. Also, hope your agent told you the borders are shut and you will not be able to come to Australia even if your visa is granted.

Yes I have been notified that the border are closed. I'm applying for Feb 2022 intake hopefully Australia border will be open.
Thank you for your kind reply.

I will also like to know other documents needed for the visa application.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 7:29am On Jun 20, 2021
My wife's studies commences 19th of July 2021; no visa grant yet.

She differed her admission to July because of this same visa issue.

Her visa application was lodged in December 2020 and all processes were dully followed.

What
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 7:31am On Jun 20, 2021

Her visa application was lodged in December 2020 and all processes were dully followed.

What should we do at this point?
Online learning is out if the question.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tiry87: 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hello house good day.... Pls I will like to study catering in Australia but I only have school cert with 5years experience, and I had that with my age I can't be accepted again as I'm 34yrs pls I don't know if anybody can help me with good information
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by alao1981: 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
I am not sure there is much to be done than wait. There is a response from a contributor on the page preceding this one forwarding message that was received by someone in similar position as your wife. So, it does not seem to be peculiar to your wife. If she feels that bothered, she can also send an email to the visa office asking for an update on her application. The July 2021 start date is of no impact since she would not have been able to travel. She should defer if no plans to commence online
Naijabad:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 5:16am On Jun 21, 2021
Tiry87:
Hello house good day.... Pls I will like to study catering in Australia but I only have school cert with 5years experience, and I had that with my age I can't be accepted again as I'm 34yrs pls I don't know if anybody can help me with good information

What do you mean you can't enter Australia at 34?
I have seen people older than you that were granted visa to Australia.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by laryom1(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2021
Boss, Congratulations. Straight PhD(without a MSc), or MSc was required?
lomaxx:
I was hoping that one day I would give my testimony on this thread. I got my 5-year visa grant yesterday for a PhD in Medicine at the University of New South Wales. Applied Feb 3, 2021 and it has been 3+ interesting months. I did it all by myself because of the experiences shared on this thread - I started from the very beginning and read every page. This is me saying thank you to everyone that shared their stories.

Now we wait for the borders to open.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sokia4real: 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
Mehn Australia matter tire me o. When them go open border like this , abi make I ask for refund ni ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamdutch: 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
Quick question guys, if I’m granted a student visa to Australia, can I travel with my wife? Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by alao1981: 9:17am On Jun 22, 2021
Yes, if she applied for visa together with your application. If not, she will need to apply a separate one, If you have not applied, it is better you include her application with yours.
iamdutch:
Quick question guys, if I’m granted a student visa to Australia, can I travel with my wife? Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kinnad(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
shadon1:
Hi bro, why is he not going to need bank statement for visa application?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kinnad(m): 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hi all. Please what does it take to study nursing in Australia especially in terms of ielts test, required score and can someone who didn't do Bsc in nursing do it in MSC?. My wife is considering applying.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dan113: 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2021
Thanks brother, i do appreciate your response i have not logged in for some time now that's why i haven't replied, thanks alot
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dan113: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
AyaE:
Most Nigerians do disability work because the hours are flexible and the pay is fair. I'm not sure about driving a tractor because you would still have to convert your nigerian driver's license to aussie and the standard class is class C which restricts you to a certain type of vehicle depending on the weight. So if you bring the normal licence here it will not be equivalent to the one required to drive a tractor. Other skills you can learn is hair braiding or servicing of cars I guess. Just worry about getting to aussie and having some money to 'hold body' for like 4 months.
P.S: beg your dad (or save up) to pay for at least half of the second semester.

Thanks brother, i do appreciate your response i have not logged in for some time now that's why i haven't replied, thanks alot
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
Naijabad:

My relative faces d same situation... No visa yet (but d embassy has resumed visa processing and asking for bank statement from sponsor)... also academic lectures begin on July 2021 and d borders are still closed.. He got admission for Masters in aero engr and now it seems like he has to proceed with online class because he doesn't want to defer again and again...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2021
alao1981:
I am not sure there is much to be done than wait. There is a response from a contributor on the page preceding this one forwarding message that was received by someone in similar position as your wife. So, it does not seem to be peculiar to your wife. If she feels that bothered, she can also send an email to the visa office asking for an update on her application. The July 2021 start date is of no impact since she would not have been able to travel. She should defer if no plans to commence online
is it true that if you defer twice, it could affect your visa chances, and if u defer from July 2021 academic session, will it be a one-year deferment (till 2022)?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
lomaxx:
I was hoping that one day I would give my testimony on this thread. I got my 5-year visa grant yesterday for a PhD in Medicine at the University of New South Wales. Applied Feb 3, 2021 and it has been 3+ interesting months. I did it all by myself because of the experiences shared on this thread - I started from the very beginning and read every page. This is me saying thank you to everyone that shared their stories.

Now we wait for the borders to open.

wow! Congratulations. I'm even impressed u obtained your visa after applying this year Feb 2021... Amazing! I hope for my relative to get his visa soon... The borders, I pray, would open soon by God's grace
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2021
shams040:
Dear All,

Thank you all for the good job. I just got a PhD offer with scholarship in UNSW and would appreciate if someone can guide on how to package my visa application better.

I just got my US visa for PhD also but I prefer Auss. Also I have got some travel history, all for study purpose. Equally, I have a PhD offer with Scholarship in Canada but would reject it if the visa for Auss is sure.

I would appreciate your kind guidance.
Pls go for Canada... You will thank me later
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2021
shams040:

Thanks so much, That is what I am taking into consideration now because I have another Canada PhD. I was planning to start the application this week before I saw Australia too. Now I am praying for God's guidance between Canada and Australia.
Canada is more likely to open their borders than Australia would. My family relative is still awaiting d visa processing for Australian study visa but borders are still shut
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
My relative is still on d visa processing stage for Australian study visa and his academic classes will begin this July 2021. He has not taken any Covid-19 vaccine. If he does not take covid vaccine, will that affect his chances to travel to Australia after borders are reopened for international students?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 8:09am On Jun 23, 2021
ocpaschal:
My relative is still on d visa processing stage for Australian study visa and his academic classes will begin this July 2021. He has not taken any Covid-19 vaccine. If he does not take covid vaccine, will that affect his chances to travel to Australia after borders are reopened for international students?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
wildchild1:

Who is the sponsor?
my Uncle... it was around December 2020 that my brother applied for visa and submitted his sponsor's (uncle) bank statement... On June 2021, d embassy called my bro to also provide his sponsor's bank statement. We realize d sponsor (uncle) had depleted most of his money in d account compared to d bank statement he presented last December 2020. I am deeply worried now, because even though the sponsor topped it and added extra money this month to reach d expected estimate account in demand, d embassy still wants to know exactly that same bank acct that my uncle (sponsor) used in transferring money (i.e d embassy wants the bank acct of d one where that transferred money came from) into his account that has been presented to the embassy... My sponsor claimed he transferred d money from his investment account. But he is yet to present that second bank acct statement for submission. My question is what will be d extent of d impact of a sponsor's bank account details on my brother's visa processing..?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2021
[quote author=Naijabad post=101838388][/quote] I have not been active on d comment session. Apologies!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bbyyo: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
@AyaE and gurus in the house, I have ielts Academic 6.0 can this be used to issue me Australia visa.
Or a higher band is needed for Australia studies visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by alao1981: 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
I do not think this is as problematic as you think it is, unless the sponsor cannot show the source of the new funds or the investment he did when the money was moved from the original account that was submitted in December. With all the uncertainties around timeline for visa processing and the long assessment period, it is not unreasonable for the sponsor to have moved the funds into an investment so that it can earn returns. He just needs to write a letter explaining why the funds was moved from the old account and possible evidence of investments he made. The embassy will understand and it would have been unfair on the sponsor anyway....this is my thoughts, but others with experience on matters like this can provide better guidance
ocpaschal:
my Uncle... it was around December 2020 that my brother applied for visa and submitted his sponsor's (uncle) bank statement... On June 2021, d embassy called my bro to also provide his sponsor's bank statement. We realize d sponsor (uncle) had depleted most of his money in d account compared to d bank statement he presented last December 2020. I am deeply worried now, because even though the sponsor topped it and added extra money this month to reach d expected estimate account in demand, d embassy still wants to know exactly that same bank acct that my uncle (sponsor) used in transferring money (i.e d embassy wants the bank acct of d one where that transferred money came from) into his account that has been presented to the embassy... My sponsor claimed he transferred d money from his investment account. But he is yet to present that second bank acct statement for submission. My question is what will be d extent of d impact of a sponsor's bank account details on my brother's visa processing..?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2021
alao1981:
I do not think this is as problematic as you think it is, unless the sponsor cannot show the source of the new funds or the investment he did when the money was moved from the original account that was submitted in December. With all the uncertainties around timeline for visa processing and the long assessment period, it is not unreasonable for the sponsor to have moved the funds into an investment so that it can earn returns. He just needs to write a letter explaining why the funds was moved from the old account and possible evidence of investments he made. The embassy will understand and it would have been unfair on the sponsor anyway....this is my thoughts, but others with experience on matters like this can provide better guidance
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vincentosa: 12:21am On Jun 28, 2021
[color=#550000][/color]
I was offered master of Professional Engineering (Cybersecurity) by the University of Technology, Sydney sometimes in July 2019.
Fortunately, my wife delivered in September the same year. Due to the need for me to support her during the early times, I deferred the admission to commence study in Feb 2021. Unfortunately, Covid 19 came and I was again compared to defer a second time.
The 25% tuition discount I earlier got was nolonger applicable since I had defer the admission for that academic year.
I have a brother in Sydney and he is a citizen. He is my sponsor and had given me a statement of account sometimes in 2019 with a balance of 120kAUD.
Recently, UTS mailed me to commence my study online. But I declined stating that my current job responsibilities wouldn't permit me to give the need time and concentration. My reason was accepted.
I made some research on the chances of get nomination after studies. I read that to get nomination easily, its best to school in the regional area. Frankly speaking, my intent is to stay back after my studies.
During my research I also found out that Sydney has jobs for Students but its an expensive city.
Now I have decided to start a fresh application to UNISA for data science (Master). My questions are:
1. Do you advice that I continue with UTS?
2. Do you advice that I simply go ahead with UNISA for fresh application?
3. UTS is an AL1 sch, but UNISA is AL2. What is the chances of get student visa?
4. I have been denied non immigrants visa sometimes in 2015 by US embassy. Will this impact my application? NB: the green paper they gave me for the reason for refusal is missing. All effort to get it has not been successful. But I have application document I made to attend a conference in the US �� that year.
5. My agent advice that I have atleast a minimum of 10m in my account even though the tuition would be paid by my sponsor. How can this impact my visa if I don't have such amount?
6. My intention is to go alone and maybe after one year when I have been able to gather myself my family of two can join me. Is this a good move?
7. I know Australia border might not be opening until early or mid next year.
Your candid input and counsel will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vincentosa: 12:22am On Jun 28, 2021
Vincentosa:
[color=#550000][/color]
I was offered master of Professional Engineering (Cybersecurity) by the University of Technology, Sydney sometimes in July 2019.
Fortunately, my wife delivered in September the same year. Due to the need for me to support her during the early times, I deferred the admission to commence study in Feb 2020*. Unfortunately, Covid 19 came and I was again compared to defer a second time.
The 25% tuition discount I earlier got was nolonger applicable since I had defer the admission for that academic year.
I have a brother in Sydney and he is a citizen. He is my sponsor and had given me a statement of account sometimes in 2019 with a balance of 120kAUD.
Recently, UTS mailed me to commence my study online. But I declined stating that my current job responsibilities wouldn't permit me to give the need time and concentration. My reason was accepted.
I made some research on the chances of get nomination after studies. I read that to get nomination easily, its best to school in the regional area. Frankly speaking, my intent is to stay back after my studies.
During my research I also found out that Sydney has jobs for Students but its an expensive city.
Now I have decided to start a fresh application to UNISA for data science (Master). My questions are:
1. Do you advice that I continue with UTS?
2. Do you advice that I simply go ahead with UNISA for fresh application?
3. UTS is an AL1 sch, but UNISA is AL2. What is the chances of get student visa?
4. I have been denied non immigrants visa sometimes in 2015 by US embassy. Will this impact my application? NB: the green paper they gave me for the reason for refusal is missing. All effort to get it has not been successful. But I have application document I made to attend a conference in the US �� that year.
5. My agent advice that I have atleast a minimum of 10m in my account even though the tuition would be paid by my sponsor. How can this impact my visa if I don't have such amount?
6. My intention is to go alone and maybe after one year when I have been able to gather myself my family of two can join me. Is this a good move?
7. I know Australia border might not be opening until early or mid next year.
Your candid input and counsel will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cuthbertola: 9:00am On Jun 28, 2021
Having almost gone through all the thread i must commend every one for a good job done and God blessings on each and every one of you guys(Amen)�

I have a whole list of questions but the thread answered almost all but i need clarity on a few more

1. Am 23 years old, i have a post secondary diploma(ND) in elect/elect and i will like to study computer science at undergraduate level in an Australia uni but have not really seen alot of people talk about BSC only MSC. Are there no chances to apply for PR after BSC or what information do you guys think i need?

2. Am still a novice to most things but going through the thread made me understand that i must apply to an AL1 university and the university must be in a regional area to boost my PR chances. Are all this applicable for BSC or just MSC?

3. I know my National diploma is almost useless but let me hope. Will it come in handy in Australia or i should just forget it

4. Have been able to save 15m as a freelancer and i dont think the choice of business my parents do will edge me a chance(my thought thou) if they be my sponsor and my sister is waiting for PPR from Canada embassy. i dont know if her hubby in canada can be my sponsor? Am just concerned about ties thou �‍♂️

5. Been a graphics designer, photography and cinematography. Can i get part time jobs doing any of this jobs and take care of my studies?. Am planning on learning plumbing thou but am afraid they will start sending me food now �( dont mind me)

6. Advice me like your brother house� forget everything have written. I want to study but not in nigeria any longer what should i do?

Thank you all ��❤️
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olusadeb: 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hello Everyone.
I'm new here and i need vital information on schools in Australia that offers masters and phd program in Cyber Security.
Thank you!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (686) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.