Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1245489 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
Dubyz:
Visa Alert
My journey
First Application February 2020. Me and my two children
Meanwhile my course was supposed to start in March 2020 but I deferred it by 1 year.
November 2020. I received Refusal email.
Reason for refusal: there is no relationship between first degree and proposed course (social work)

December 2020. We re-applied again
March 2021. Started my class online with just 1course.
June 2021. Extra documents and new medicals were requested for.
July 2021. Received email for the grant.

Thanks to everyone that answered my question and contributed to this forum.
Above all to God be all the glory. Amen

Congratulations and Best wishes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Congratulations and Best wishes.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ekarl: 9:08am On Jul 21, 2021
Naijabad:

Thank you all for your support and advice. Wify just got her grant now.
The journey started in 2019.

Aussie, we move.

Congratulations to you and yours sir, please was your wife enrolled and taking classes online? Did you have to pay fees for every new semester?

To the house please I’m in a very tight spot at the moment, I was suppose to resume in March of this year and deferred to July, a new admission letter came requesting I pay another deposit fees, is anyone in this same situation or has been? I’m totally confused, I still haven’t gotten grant yet, same experience anyone? How do I go about this please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
Pls guys, I need your advise. 1st Semester class is starting next week Monday in Adelaide Uni and I have not yet gotten my student visa (though the visa processing is ongoing)... I have deferred my Masters program b4 around 2020 due to Covid. I also want to add that I got a call from the Australian embassy around June, informing me to rephrase my personal statement, which I did, and I indicated that my studies will start on July 2021.
Pls should I proceed to defer again till 2022 or is it advisable to enrol in online class this July while waiting for my study visa?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ThatPetiteChic: 12:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hello house, pls your advise is needed urgently. An agent is processing my admission for February 2022 in UNSW. The agent rejected my CV because I have been unemployed since November. They are insisting I update it to the present day even if it means falsifying it. I wouldn't want to lie and I will start looking for documents to back the false information.

Must my CV show I am currently employed?? If I falsify my employment details, will I need extra documents to back it up? If I insist my rejected CV be used like that, will I lose my admission?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dubyz: 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
ocpaschal:
Pls guys, I need your advise. 1st Semester class is starting next week Monday in Adelaide Uni and I have not yet gotten my student visa (though the visa processing is ongoing)... I have deferred my Masters program b4 around 2020 due to Covid. I also want to add that I got a call from the Australian embassy around June, informing me to rephrase my personal statement, which I did, and I indicated that my studies will start on July 2021.
Pls should I proceed to defer again till 2022 or is it advisable to enrol in online class this July while waiting for my study visa?

Enrol with just one course and start your classes online
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
Naijabad:
Is there any one who has received a VISA grant lately?

Wify lectures commences on 19th of this month. No VISA grant yet. Status of application reads 'further assessment'.

Meanwhile, application was lodged December 2020.

Who else has this experience?
My fam had similar experience too. He also submitted his medicals around March or so this year. He later received call from d embassy on May 2021 to which he was asked to forward his sponsor's 6-months bank statement and a review of his personal statement to them. Finally, the wait is over. He just got his visa grant today. Earlier this morning, he decided to call his education agent indicating that he will study his courses online.. So the agent had to contact d Australian university to seek assurance that he will get his student visa and to let them know that he wants to resume online class by next week 26th July. It was just this afternoon he received a email notification of his visa grant. God is glorious.

NB: I also want to add that my fam wrote on his personal statement that he intended to resume classes on the reunion date July 2021.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dubyz:

Enrol with just one course and start your classes online
four courses for 1st semester
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dubyz: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2021
ocpaschal:
four courses for 1st semester

That was what I did. I was supposed to enroll for the four courses but sent email to the school that I can’t take the four courses because of work and other commitments.
So I did 1 course for the 1st trimester, now I enrolled for just 1 course again for the 2nd trimester.
Just send email to your school first

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dubyz:

That was what I did. I was supposed to enroll for the four courses but sent email to the school that I can’t take the four courses because of work and other commitments.
So I did 1 course for the 1st trimester, now I enrolled for just 1 course again for the 2nd trimester.
Just send email to your school first
Ok but my fam doesn't have any work and is not occupied with anything else. He can handle the four courses.

But sir, I want to ask you, if u are only doing one course per semester, when will you be able to do the other courses you are offering?

The Second question I still find personally confusing is that since we have gotten our grant visas and also doing online classes in Nigeria (outside Australia), is there any possibility or chance that the Australian government could agree to extend our visas due to d fact that the Australian borders are still closed and we aren't able to travel to Australia and had decided to study our courses online? We are suppose to be in Australia, working over there and studying too but they closed their borders. Will Australia make up for their border closure and give us d chance to recover d period we couldn't travel to Australia from the date of issuance of visa till the time when their borders are opened for int'l travels?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 7:47am On Jul 23, 2021
Ekarl:

Congratulations to you and yours sir, please was your wife enrolled and taking classes online? Did you have to pay fees for every new semester?

To the house please I’m in a very tight spot at the moment, I was suppose to resume in March of this year and deferred to July, a new admission letter came requesting I pay another deposit fees, is anyone in this same situation or has been? I’m totally confused, I still haven’t gotten grant yet, same experience anyone? How do I go about this please?

Wify did not enrol for any online classes. In fact, I am vehemently against that because of poor Internet connectivity in my area.

She first deferred her admission to July and she has applied for another deferrement to February next year.

There is nothing like payment of school fees every new semester.

The fees she paid last year has not even been utilised cause she is yet to start studies
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fiestafetta: 8:09am On Jul 23, 2021
Good morning everyone, please I want to make inquiry if it is possible to secure a job from Nigeria in Australia. My sister is a licensed MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER she has masters degree already but has been longing to travel to Australia to fulfill her dreams and possibly acquire her PHD there. In oder to make it easy for and minimize the financial burden that comes with it, she want to know if it is possible to secured a job in Australia from Nigeria that can sponsor her..... Please anyone with ideas and advice should help out..... Thanks all
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
ocpaschal:
My fam had similar experience too. He also submitted his medicals around March or so this year. He later received call from d embassy on May 2021 to which he was asked to forward his sponsor's 6-months bank statement and a review of his personal statement to them. Finally, the wait is over. He just got his visa grant today. Earlier this morning, he decided to call his education agent indicating that he will study his courses online.. So the agent had to contact d Australian university to seek assurance that he will get his student visa and to let them know that he wants to resume online class by next week 26th July. It was just this afternoon he received a email notification of his visa grant. God is glorious.

NB: I also want to add that my fam wrote on his personal statement that he intended to resume classes on the reunion date July 2021.

Congratulations.... just a day before you were confused on the next step to take, Day Break everywhere burst. Miraculous. I tap

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2021
If one enrols in online classes after getting the visa grant, is it still possible to get a student visa extension to cover up for d time that the online classes are/were taken while studying in Nigeria (outside Australia) even though d Australian borders are closed?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by FutureDon(m): 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2021
Very informative thread still. Happy to take questions from prospective PhD students.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Honeysweetest(f): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
I am new to this thread, I am confused,is it that Australia doesn’t conduct visa interview? Have been seeing granted without transcripts,please clear me,this is strange. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AyaE: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2021
I think what your agent is trying to prove is the Gap years/months. Australia immigration mandates you to provide proof of any gap period that is more than 6months. They do not expect that you should be idle for more than 6 months at any period in your life. Its not compulsory you have a paid employment to fill those periods, it could be community service, religious engagement (like a group in church) or volunteering services. You will need to provide documents for this too (pastor or Local government chairman can write a reference for you regarding stuff like volunteering).
Goodluck.

ThatPetiteChic:
Hello house, pls your advise is needed urgently. An agent is processing my admission for February 2022 in UNSW. The agent rejected my CV because I have been unemployed since November. They are insisting I update it to the present day even if it means falsifying it. I wouldn't want to lie and I will start looking for documents to back the false information.

Must my CV show I am currently employed?? If I falsify my employment details, will I need extra documents to back it up? If I insist my rejected CV be used like that, will I lose my admission?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AyaE: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2021
1. Even if your family is unemployed you can claim time difference and the mental stress it would cause from your lack of sleep as an excuse. Just try not to do all four courses this semester. Even people onshore are struggling and trying to reduce course load. You can spread the remaining courses when ever you come onshore. Besides as long as COVID and the border closure is the reason for extension completion time, your visa would surely be extended.

2. What the government has decided is that you studying online would not affect your post study visa. That is, unlike before where you had to study onshore to qualify for post study visa of 2 years, your chances would not be in anyway be affected if you are outside Australia.
Cheers.

ocpaschal:
Ok but my fam doesn't have any work and is not occupied with anything else. He can handle the four courses.

But sir, I want to ask you, if u are only doing one course per semester, when will you be able to do the other courses you are offering?

The Second question I still find personally confusing is that since we have gotten our grant visas and also doing online classes in Nigeria (outside Australia), is there any possibility or chance that the Australian government could agree to extend our visas due to d fact that the Australian borders are still closed and we aren't able to travel to Australia and had decided to study our courses online? We are suppose to be in Australia, working over there and studying too but they closed their borders. Will Australia make up for their border closure and give us d chance to recover d period we couldn't travel to Australia from the date of issuance of visa till the time when their borders are opened for int'l travels?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AyaE: 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2021
I haven't heard of visa interviews. Its all online.
You'll definitely need your transcripts for admission and possibly visa application.
Cheers.

Honeysweetest:
I am new to this thread, I am confused,is it that Australia doesn’t conduct visa interview? Have been seeing granted without transcripts,please clear me,this is strange. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Honeysweetest(f): 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
Transcripts I mean the details of the interview, I guess Australia don’t do interviews, I am very active on USA thread, after each interview, people post the questions asked and the answers they gave, whether u got the visa or not, with that correction is made, people will learn too.
AyaE:
You'll definitely need your transcripts for admission and possibly visa application.
Cheers.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2021
AyaE:
Cheers.

my fam recently got his visa grant.. I guess we may have to wait until Australia agree to open borders and permit international travels
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 4:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
AyaE:
1. Even if your family is unemployed you can claim time difference and the mental stress it would cause from your lack of sleep as an excuse. Just try not to do all four courses this semester. Even people onshore are struggling and trying to reduce course load. You can spread the remaining courses when ever you come onshore. Besides as long as COVID and the border closure is the reason for extension completion time, your visa would surely be extended.

2. What the government has decided is that you studying online would not affect your post study visa. That is, unlike before where you had to study onshore to qualify for post study visa of 2 years, your chances would not be in anyway be affected if you are outside Australia.
Cheers.

nice explanation... As long as they extend our visas due to their own Covid restrictions, that is all that matters
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
Honeysweetest:
Transcripts I mean the details of the interview, I guess Australia don’t do interviews, I am very active on USA thread, after each interview, people post the questions asked and the answers they gave, whether u got the visa or not, with that correction is made, people will learn too.
pls can you share the link for the USA thread with me
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Honeysweetest(f): 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2021
[https://www.nairaland.com/5233208/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-partquote author=ocpaschal post=104121022] pls can you share the link for the USA thread with me[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ekarl: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Naijabad:

Wify did not enrol for any online classes. In fact, I am vehemently against that because of poor Internet connectivity in my area.

She first deferred her admission to July and she has applied for another deferrement to February next year.

There is nothing like payment of school fees every new semester.

The fees she paid last year has not even been utilised cause she is yet to start studies

Thank you very much for this information and best of luck to you and yours ��
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ThatPetiteChic: 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
AyaE:

Thank you for this information. It has clarified a lot of things. I have filled the unemployed period with something I can prove if need be.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 10:25am On Aug 02, 2021
ThePianoGuy:
good day everyone, please are there universities in Australia that offer full scholarships? for someone with a GPA of 3.5/4.0 Bsc (civil engineering in a Chinese university)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunfoster: 9:28am On Aug 05, 2021
Good morning guys, please I urgently need your help.

My agent requested my sponsor's CAC certificate and which she confirmed to me that she does not have. In fact, all her business transactions are completed online. No receipt nor invoice for the goods she purchases from China. She is in the Jewelry business.

Kindly give me pointers on what can be done to replace the CAC certificate to prove her source of income.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by candycush(m): 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2021
AyaE:
Hello Guys, my grant just came in today!!!!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this thread one way or the other on this thread. It has helped immensely.
My time line:
Submitted application-31st July 2019
Conditional offer- 15th July 2019
CoE- 24th November 2019
Biometrics- 27th December 2019
Submitted Visa Application- 25th January 2020
IELTS Score- 7.0 (I had a minimum band score of 7.0 so my average was 7.0). I got a waiver from the school so I didn't need IELTS for school admission. My agent advised I write one for visa so I did.
School- Flinders University
Sponsor's account: My maternal uncle. Submitted 2 bank statements. One had 18m and the other was a fixed deposit account that matures every 30days. It had 13m.
Course- Social work (masters)
BSc- Microbiology

Submitted my credentials, letter from sponsor, proof of relationship to sponsor (uncle & Mum's NPC) and sponsor's account statement. I didn't submit payslips or my account statement sha.
Challenges faced: I already had an MSc in Microbiology so applying for a second masters was what I had to prove. Plus, with Social Work being a high risk course I had to write a convincing SOP. (I can share that with anyone interested cos mehn this took me like a month to write). My work experience was also a bonus cos I work as a care assistant.
Sometime in December the bank statement I used for the school admission could no longer be used cos he had to move the funds to another bank for investment reasons. He had to submit another letter to this effect. He also had to back it up with the fixed deposit account.
School resumes on Monday so if anyone could help with flight and accommodation links, I'd be most grateful.

Thank God!!!!!!!

Please I sent u a DM.. Congratulations again
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kunfu(m): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2021
Good day everyone,
This is my 1st time on this thread please I need one on one guide on how to start my Australian study journey. I'm a graduate of Computer science, I'm married and I'm a Fiber optics engineer

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.