Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1245842 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 7:53am On Sep 28, 2022
AKASBABA1:

Just to clarify, GTE is a requirement for the issuance of CoE and you can only get OSHC when your CoE is out.

If you're applying from Nigeria, after an offer of admission , you'll apply for GTE with all requirements specified by the University.
If GTE is approved, then you'll pay for tuition and OSHC(Most schools require OSHC before they issue CoE)
Thereafter, you'll be issued CoE
Then you can apply for visa
Then Medical and Biometric
Then arrive Australia [color=#000099][/color]

So simple right ?

To apply for GTE, does the money for your sponsorship have to be in the sponspor’s account for 3 months

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 8:04am On Sep 28, 2022
For the GTE stage, does my sponsor have to leave the amount of sponsorship for 3 months. Or is it at the visa stage that the amount is left for 3 months.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 8:15am On Sep 28, 2022
Ijaay83:
For the GTE stage, does my sponsor have to leave the amount of sponsorship for 3 months. Or is it at the visa stage that the amount is left for 3 months.

Also can my sponsor combine 2 accounts in different currencies. Naria and dollar account?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 8:57am On Sep 28, 2022
Ijaay83:

Your sponsor is to leave the money in the account until you gets your visa. However, note that what they needs in that account is money in flow and out flow. Not putting money there in the account and remains stagnant for months.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2022
Ijaay83:

Also can my sponsor combine 2 accounts in different currencies. Naria and dollar account?

YES

also, note that your sponsor will be requested to submit either individual tax clearance or company income tax clearance based on the type of account that was submitted.

Good luck to you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 10:08am On Sep 28, 2022
[quote author=afam4life post=117073925]

My sponsor works with Firstbank and is a top staff. Does she need to show tax clearance? Also, as a staff of first bank can the sponsorship account be in another bank ? Does she have to give an explanation for that?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 10:16am On Sep 28, 2022
How about having the money in a fixed deposit? Would that work. I mean my sponsor having the money in a fixed deposit
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 10:49am On Sep 28, 2022
Sorry am asking too many questions. My sponsor is about to print her bank statement and I need to make sure everything is right.

My aunt who wants to sponsor me is a banker,must the proof of fund be the salary account?Because she said that she doesn’t leave her money in naria, that she changes to dollars. So if she presents her dollar account,instead of her salary account,would that work?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 11:32am On Sep 28, 2022
[quote author=Ijaay83 post=117075628][/quote]

She will be required to submit her individual tax clearance. Yes, she can submit other bank account.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 11:33am On Sep 28, 2022
Ijaay83:
How about having the money in a fixed deposit? Would that work. I mean my sponsor having the money in a fixed deposit

YES, fixed deposit can fly too but let it be 3 months upwards before you can submit it.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2022
Ijaay83:
Sorry am asking too many questions. My sponsor is about to print her bank statement and I need to make sure everything is right.

My aunt who wants to sponsor me is a banker,must the proof of fund be the salary account?Because she said that she doesn’t leave her money in naria, that she changes to dollars. So if she presents her dollar account,instead of her salary account,would that work?

Anyhow she want to do it... So far, the money is in her personal account. It will fly. I hope your sponsor is related to you, that is bearing the same surname?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 12:02pm On Sep 28, 2022
afam4life:

Anyhow she want to do it... So far, the money is in her personal account. It will fly. I hope your sponsor is related to you, that is bearing the same surname?

She is my aunt from maternal side. My mums sister. She is married and bears a different surname . I will submit her birth certificate to show relationship
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ijaay83:

She is my aunt from maternal side. My mums sister. She is married and bears a different surname . I will submit her birth certificate to show relationship

Good luck to you and remember to share it here
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Idamsel: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I want to apply to study masters of nursing (graduate entry), But with will be going with my family, spouse and children. I sent my SOP to the agent but he advised that i only apply and that my family can apply after 6 months. Is this correct, i have read that you can go with your family immediately
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PythonTutorial(f): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2022
Is it true from next year paying of Form A or sourcing for Dollars via banks would stop, but black market would be the only source?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Good day house,

Please has anyone used their company account in the company name to sponsor themselves.I run a company at the side that is registered and functional. I have my tax clearance card and the company has been running since 2016.The account name is in the company name,I am the sole signatory. Would that work for self sponsorship?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ijaay83: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
Dannypaul2022:
My visa has been granted today.
I submitted visa application on June 23rd
Torrens University
Self Sponsored
Visa was granted today Sep. 2nd
No calls or emails from AHC
I had 2 USA Visa refusals and I declared that in my application.
I submitted no fake documents whatsoever neither did I lie about anything..
I only observed that they emailed one of the issuers of the Letter of Recommendation I submitted to confirm the authenticity of the letter. I knew this because the person that issued the letter called me before replying AHC. Not more than one hour after they received confirmation email from him.. My visa was granted.

Let this be an inspiration to someone else.

Please did you use a company account to sponsor yourself or a personal account?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vizin: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
NeuroToby:
My name is Tomiwa and I'm grateful for all the responses that I have gotten.

I have decided to stick with Curtin University, being a level 1 university, even though, it's more expensive.
I have also decided to process the tuition deposit through Form A, if it's come out on time to meet visa lodgement for January departure, fine... if it doesn't, I'll defer my offer till July.

Two questions though...
1. If my course is supposed to start by July, for instance, and I pay for OSHC starting from February, will I be allowed entry?
2. How easy is it to get job before my course starts in July, in a city like Perth?

Hello Tomiwa! Please can I send you a mail? My sister is interested in Australia for her masters study in public health and from your post, you're already done with the admissions process. I have some questions and would be really grateful to get some answers from you. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tykoone: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Please has anyone recently paid their tuition to university of tasmania using form A?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
Using Form A isn't advisable at the moment, based on the last two pages. Look at other alternatives like using USD or getting some in Aussie to help you pay while you transfer the equivalent in Naira to the person's account.
Tykoone:
Please has anyone recently paid their tuition to university of tasmania using form A?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tykoone: 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
I understand but I'm not in a haste, plus it's way more expensive. I'll probably just defer to july
OAOA:
Using Form A isn't advisable at the moment, based on the last two pages. Look at other alternatives like using USD or getting some in Aussie to help you pay while you transfer the equivalent in Naira to the person's account.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pesbest: 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
Please let me ask you guys real quick:

1. Are diploma programs e.g.1.8 or 2yrs enrolled nursing programs accessible by Nigerians?

2. Presently, can anyone recommend an affordable AL1 university in any part of Australia?

3. At 38, is it possible to convince the visa officer of one's intention of enrolling in a BSc or Diploma program while holding an MBA?

4. I heard POF is not needed if one can pay a semester or annual fees of an AL1 university, is that correct?

5. Are enrolled nursing graduates eligible to apply for PR without a BSc nursing degree?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Okattamgbee: 12:16am On Sep 30, 2022
Dannypaul2022:
Torrens University
Self Sponsored

I only observed that they emailed one of the issuers of the Letter of Recommendation I submitted to confirm the authenticity of the letter. I knew this because the person that issued the letter called me before replying AHC. Not more than one hour after they received confirmation email from him.. My visa was granted.

Congratulations!

I want to ask; did you explain the reason for the USA Visa refusals in your SOP or literally stated that you were refused Visa?

Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Appdriod: 1:33am On Sep 30, 2022
Is there any way to confirm my agent submitted my GTE yet?
How long does it take for Western Sydney Uni to reply GTE application ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henrychubayo: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2022
Dannypaul2022:
Torrens University
Self Sponsored

Good day. I sent you email. Please respond
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by YinkusG: 10:27am On Sep 30, 2022
Please what are the chances of a visa grant after a refusal?
I was refused and I plan on reapplying. I want to know my chances of a grant. Does anyone have a grant history after a refusal..
Thanks guys
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
leomax10:
Good evening

Please can someone clarify me on this

1. Can I submit my account statement bearing my name. Am sponsoring myself. Though I don't have any payslip or salary pay slip

2. How many months should the statement of account be

Thanks

How did you get the money you will be using to sponsor yourself?

Did it come into your account as a lump sum payment? If yes, from whom? What source? You need to clarify your case officer on this otherswise it will be considered as money lodgement which is a huge red flag.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
YinkusG:
Please what are the chances of a visa grant after a refusal?
I was refused and I plan on reapplying. I want to know my chances of a grant. Does anyone have a grant history after a refusal..
Thanks guys

You need to work on why you were refused in the first place. If your circumstances on refusal hasn't change, you most probably will be refused again.

We're lucky Australia gives reason for refusal, lot of countries don't. Which makes it more difficult when reapplying.

Japan doesn't give reason and they won't charge you fees. China is useless.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2022
WestAfrican:

You need to work on why you were refused in the first place. If your circumstances on refusal hasn't change, you most probably will be refused again.

We're lucky Australia gives reason for refusal, lot of countries don't. Which makes it more difficult when reapplying.

Japan doesn't give reason and they won't charge you fees. China is useless.

Hahaha... China is useless grin grin abeg, fear those Chinko guys o

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Appdriod: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2022
Appdriod:
Is there any way to confirm my agent submitted my GTE yet?
How long does it take for Western Sydney Uni to reply GTE application ?

Una no see this question? Abi una wan make I delete the thread?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teejaybee: 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
I got a refusal today with the following comment:

'I acknowledge that the applicant has family ties to their home country and place some weight
on that in favour of the applicant. However, I have concerns that these ties may not be a
strong enough incentive for the applicant to depart Australia upon completion of their studies.
I give more weight to consideration of the applicant’s potential economic circumstances
in their home country compared to Australia and the value of the course to the applicant’s
future.
While I accept that obtaining qualifications from an Australian educational institution may
positively influence employment and remuneration prospects in an applicant’s home country,
I am not satisfied that the applicant demonstrated how they would achieve this against the
background of prevailing economic circumstances in their home country. The applicant
implied a career pathway intention in their home country and how this would be an incentive
for them to return, but did not provide any convincing evidence to support this. I have
considered the applicant’s likely earning capacity in Australia and in their home country.
Based on the information before me, I am not satisfied the financial incentives to return home
outweigh the financial incentives to remain in Australia. I therefore place little weight on the
applicant’s implied intention.'

This reason seems vague as it compares Nigeria economic situation with that of Australia on a broader view.
How can i remediate this refusal reason in subsequent application?

I solicit your responses. Thanks

I started this journey in 2020.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Appdriod:

Una no see this question? Abi una wan make I delete the thread?

You ready to pay us, to answer you ASAP? No money, no answer for you ooo grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.