Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1245665 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
omoyemela:

Oga sir its not hear say. I specified where I got the info from OK. Ring BCIE office and hear from them. I only posted it to help.

Sorry but BCIE is not DIBP, the assertion is base on BCIE's point of view because I feel they just want an easy application process, they may not be ready to go through the rigour of CO asking for additional documents when you use ur aunty of uncle as the case may be. For me, that's BCIE's opinion. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KonPutin: 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
I believe that condition is for those seeking to join a family member already studying in Australia i.e it's for subsequent entrants. Read it carefully.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello house, is there anyone coming to Australia soon. holla pls i need someone to help me bring my drivers license..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
davodyguy:
Are you in Sydney or Brisbane?
I'm in Sydney ooo smiley

pristine88:
Hahaha this is what chased me from sydney lol
So where did you run to? grin

ebere272:
I think both bachelor and masters are still under same visa category.can I pm u I could need ur guidance cos there also other things I would chat about for instance also coming with kids and hubby
Yeah you can

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EmmySparky(m): 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
foreverkind1:

It's well bro, God is in control.
thanks bro...pls can u recommend the cheapest institutions for tafe courses in australia...i saw a tafe institution in queensland gold coast charging 6800 for community service 1.5 years..is there any other school that offers the course at a cheaper rate for 1.5 years or 2yrs

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello guys. Does anyone have an idea about medicals and visa application fee for Australia? Would very much appreciate getting all the info I can before going for it.
How long does it take to get a response after visa application? [color=#006600][/color]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 2:10am On Sep 05, 2017
JewelStone:

I'm in Sydney ooo smiley

Yeah you can

I want to climb the Sydney harbour on Thursday
Care to join me?

Tell your husband I wanna borrow his wife for few hours no evil intent

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ebere272: 6:05am On Sep 05, 2017
JewelStone:

I'm in Sydney ooo smiley

Yeah you can
thanks for ur reply.pm do check ur mail
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aragonbaba(m): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2017
Goodmorning guys, Please i need your candid advice, my brother was given admission to study Engineering management in the University of Newcastle but the course duration is for a period of 1 year. My question mow is ;
1. What is the duration of visa he will be issued?
2. Can he apply for PR after study?
3. Is he eligible for post study work visa?
4. Do you advice he goes ahead with this admission?

Gurus in the house, your candid advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dotter8: 9:53am On Sep 05, 2017
Touch down #Tullamarine. Had issue with first flight ticket. Denied boarding by Egypt air. No technical explanation though, only said that my connecting flight at bangkok was a low cost airline.(made me miss my free airport pickup arranged by the school). Booked and flew emirate next day straight to melbourne. One stop over at abu dhabi. POE at tullamarine was easy. Only had to show international passport nd submit entry card. No other documents was asked.. retrieved my baggage and boarded a fare to my destination. Its been God. For those still awaiting visa. The wait is almost over. Blessing and favour would keep locating all of us as we step into this beautiful country.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:00am On Sep 05, 2017
dotter8:
Touch down #Tullamarine. Had issue with first flight ticket. Denied boarding by Egypt air. No technical explanation though, only said that my connecting flight at bangkok was a low cost airline.(made me miss my free airport pickup arranged by the school). Booked and flew emirate next day straight to melbourne. One stop over at abu dhabi. POE at tullamarine was easy. Only had to show international passport nd submit entry card. No other documents was asked.. retrieved my baggage and boarded a fare to my destination. Its been God. For those still awaiting visa. The wait is almost over. Blessing and favour would keep locating all of us as we step into this beautiful country.

Blessings fall on you mate. Have a great time in AU.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 10:15am On Sep 05, 2017
davodyguy:
I want to climb the Sydney harbour on Thursday
Care to join me?

Tell your husband I wanna borrow his wife for few hours no evil intent
I'd love to meet up but the last time I met someone from here, he turned out to be an ungrateful teenager who still hasn't thanked me for the dinner I bought for him!

Plus the bridge climb starts at AUD 158 and it's a very romantic activity, not sure I can do that with another man cheesy

8 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 10:27am On Sep 05, 2017
JewelStone:

I'd love to meet up but the last time I met someone from here, he turned out to be an ungrateful teenager who still hasn't thanked me for the dinner I bought for him!

Plus the bridge climb starts at AUD 158 and it's a very romantic activity, not sure I can do that with another man cheesy

Lol. Where should I start?

I have a pretty wife at home oo. So it gives you an idea cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Toche1: 11:13am On Sep 05, 2017
davodyguy:

Lol. Where should I start?

I have a pretty wife at home oo. So it gives you an idea cheesy
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
aragonbaba:
Goodmorning guys, Please i need your candid advice, my brother was given admission to study Engineering management in the University of Newcastle but the course duration is for a period of 1 year. My question mow is ;
1. What is the duration of visa he will be issued?
2. Can he apply for PR after study?
3. Is he eligible for post study work visa?
4. Do you advice he goes ahead with this admission?

Gurus in the house, your candid advice will be highly appreciated.

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2017/06/30/want-migrate-australia-2017-18-skilled-occupations-list-announced

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

1) He may be given a 1.6yrs visa. That will allow him to prolly attend his convocation cum apply for a graduate visa that will allow him continue to work legally whilst gathering his documents for PR application.

2) Yes he definitely can. Must have the required points.

3) Yes he is as explained in question one. He may need to write an english exam before he can apply.

4) Look into the urls above and see if he could apply for PR via Engineering Technologist.

Godspeed.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pristine88: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
JewelStone:

I'm in Sydney ooo smiley

heading to ireland....you got married in aussie?
Yeah you can
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hardinno: 1:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
Teegal42:
Hello guys. Does anyone have an idea about medicals and visa application fee for Australia? Would very much appreciate getting all the info I can before going for it.
How long does it take to get a response after visa application? [color=#006600][/color]

Medical is 48000naira while visa fee is 560aud
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ability77: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
good day house. please on the average how long does it take for to be given admission
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
WestAfrican:

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2017/06/30/want-migrate-australia-2017-18-skilled-occupations-list-announced

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

1) He may be given a 1.6yrs visa. That will allow him to prolly attend his convocation cum apply for a graduate visa that will allow him continue to work legally whilst gathering his documents for PR application.

2) Yes he definitely can. Must have the required points.

3) Yes he is as explained in question one. He may need to write an english exam before he can apply.

4) Look into the urls above and see if he could apply for PR via Engineering Technologist.

Godspeed.

Welcome back bro

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ability77: 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ability77:
good day house. please on the average how long does it take for to be given admission
mine did one month this week and no response yet
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Omooloriredade: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
JewelStone:

I fought the urge to do the local currency conversion common to intending and new migrants but I succumbed.
That amount is north of N40k. I had to scroll up to check the bridge again. To climb bridge o grin grin
The "very romantic activity " phrase caught my attention sha. So I'd definitely get a Yes if I took a woman there then, else I refuse to leave the bridge o. 40k investment that must yield fruit. Otherwise, "Man refuses to leave bridge after his woman turned down his proposal" will be news flash that evening. Ain't going nowhere till they get a woman to say Yes. undecided

7 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Omooloriredade: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
davodyguy:
You guys I need to eat good food ooo.

I'm bored already.

Where are you Nigerians in Sydney?

Don't abandon your person na

Nigerian foods that you eat regularly? Biko try something new. Explore the array of foods on offer, it'll add to the 'experience '.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
Omooloriredade:
I fought the urge to do the local currency conversion common to intending and new migrants but I succumbed.
That amount is north of N40k. I had to scroll up to check the bridge again. To climb bridge o grin grin
The "very romantic activity " phrase caught my attention sha. So I'd definitely get a Yes if I took a woman there then, else I refuse to leave the bridge o. 40k investment that must yield fruit. Otherwise, "Man refuses to leave bridge after his woman turned down his proposal" will be news flash that evening. Ain't going nowhere till they get a woman to say Yes. undecided
The funniest part is $158 will not get you to the top of the bridge, it only takes you halfway. To get to the top of the Harbour Bridge, the prices are: $293 for daytime on weekdays, $358 at twilight and $378 at dawn. Hmmm, it's not a small something cheesy

Yeah it's very romantic but overpriced and it takes hours. If I took a woman up there, I'd do the same as you; issa yes or I'm not coming down. Lol

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 12:53am On Sep 06, 2017
Omooloriredade:

Nigerian foods that you eat regularly? Biko try something new. Explore the array of foods on offer, it'll add to the 'experience '.

Thanks. Had enough experience already.

A kind hearted Nigerian that prepared me meals that would last till next week
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 1:01am On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:

The funniest part is $158 will not get you to the top of the bridge, it only takes you halfway. To get to the top of the Harbour Bridge, the prices are: $293 for daytime on weekdays, $358 at twilight and $378 at dawn. Hmmm, it's not a small something cheesy

Yeah it's very romantic but overpriced and it takes hours. If I took a woman up there, I'd do the same as you; issa yes or I'm not coming down. Lol

I just walked past the bridge now via Lower fort Street enroute to Pier One Harbour on Hickson road and experienced the cold, I give up

I'm out.

Would visit the opera and museum.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 2:09am On Sep 06, 2017
davodyguy
Try to stick with the food your system is used to. Reasons are you will save your self health and money.
Western food should be eaten as a treat. There are heaps of Asian cum African shops in Sydney and Newie.
All you need is a large deep freezer, microwave (gas/electric stove) and few food containers.
Cook your food in a large pot, plate your meal portion into those containers and store them in the freezer. Then use when necessary.
You really don't need those tips if your are sponsored or earn above $2k weekly after tax.
I assure you you do need them if you are paying your tuition fees and may be looking after family back home.

Omooloriredade:

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 2:26am On Sep 06, 2017
WestAfrican:
davodyguy
Try to stick with the food your system is used to. Reasons are you will save your self health and money.
Western food should be eaten as a treat. There are heaps of Asian cum African shops in Sydney and Newie.
All you need is a large deep freezer, microwave (gas/electric stove) and few food containers.
Cook your food in a large pot, plate your meal portion into those containers and store them in the freezer. Then use when necessary.
You really don't need those tips if your are sponsored or earn above $2k weekly after tax.
I assure you you do need them if you are paying your tuition fees and may be looking after family back home.

God bless you.

Back in Nigeria, I don't eat what you call crab(Akan in Yoruba) and Cray fish/prawn(Ede in yoruba)

They have to do with my health and nothing more.

I don't even drink alcohol or can stand near smokers.

Hence, I focus on what my system can take.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 2:28am On Sep 06, 2017
Had a 2 weeks holiday down South of NSW and North of Vic.
Here are a few photos to share.
Files are too large sad

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 2:41am On Sep 06, 2017
Its just not worth it eating half cooked or some raw food and finding yourself in the hospital.
For this country TIME NA MONEY.

davodyguy:

God bless you.

Back in Nigeria, I don't eat what you call crab(Akan in Yoruba) and Cray fish/prawn(Ede in yoruba)

They have to do with my health and nothing more.

I don't even drink alcohol or can stand near smokers.

Hence, I focus on what my system can take.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lizeeplus(f): 3:54am On Sep 06, 2017
Hello everyone, I have been coming here quietly to read comments and encourage myself. I really appreciate the efforts people put in to encourage one another. I Applied for Student's visa since July and it finally arrived yesterday. I am heading to Sydney soon. The wait is not easy, just ask God for grace. Those in Sydney pls give me heads up or PM me. Thanks.

10 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozoe(f): 4:01am On Sep 06, 2017
lizeeplus:
Hello everyone, I have been coming here quietly to read comments and encourage myself. I really appreciate the efforts people put in to encourage one another. I Applied for Student's visa since July and it finally arrived yesterday. I am heading to Sydney soon. The wait is not easy, just ask God for grace. Those in Sydney pls give me heads up or PM me. Thanks.

Congrats.
Happy 4 u

Pls give us a load down of your proc3ss
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 06, 2017
God has been good. I came with Rmit with bachelor's coe and I arrived 2 months before resumption.

I quickly looked for another cheaper school and got admission into masters programme and waited for Rmit to resume. Upon resumption I emailed the school that I have found another school and needed my letter of release and money . Like play like play, they issued a letter of release and I was refunded all my school fees.

At this time, I had already saved my first semester fee before I was refunded.
In summary all the money I paid was refunded and I repatriated all of it back to Naija. My younger brother wants to apply and pay his tuition fee with the same money.

It was a risky venture

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.