Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads (1455 Views)

Ambode's Gifts To Vulcanizers Are Springing Up All Over Lagos (PHOTOS) / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG / Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by kennybabs1980: 7:23pm On May 08, 2017
The Lagos State Government has ordered Vehicle Inspection Officers to leave Lagos roads.
It was gathered that Governor Akinwunmi Ambode handed down the directive as a result of public complaints .
Sources in the Ambode - led administration also said the removal of the officers from the state ’s roads was to reposition the outfit .
“ The story on a painter , whose car got burnt in VIO ’s custody , caused a discreet investigation into the activities of the outfit and I can tell you that the report was not palatable .
“ Apart from this , complaints about the overzealousness of some VIO men have reached a high level. ”
The governor , who said he would not tolerate any highhandedness in his administration , ordered them out of Lagos roads until further notice ,” one of the sources said.
A VIO source , however , said the governor told them to leave the roads and go on ‘compulsory retraining on the use of modern technology in order to be humane in dealing with the public,’ adding that the VIOs would be back on the road soon .
It was gathered that the training had been arranged since the officers left the road last week.
The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Steve Ayorinde , said nobody had hindered the VIOs from performing their duties .
He said, “ The truth is that the transport ministry is undergoing restructuring , including the VIOs. The commissioner for transportation had made some recommendations, which he will present at the State Executive Council meeting and things can move forward from there.
“ But we all believe that the VIOs ’ activities should be technologically driven and more. These will be seen soon .”

http://punchng.com/ambode-bans-vios-from-lagos-roads/

Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 08, 2017
Can Asaba and Benin

Learn from this too?
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by tritt(m): 7:29pm On May 08, 2017
Better, cos those guys are nuisance on their own.
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by kennybabs1980: 7:34pm On May 08, 2017
Terrible people
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by femolacqua(m): 7:47pm On May 08, 2017
Good one
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by edo3(m): 8:04pm On May 08, 2017
ok
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by crowncodex: 8:47pm On May 08, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3781687/no-vio-officials-lagos-road

I have asked previously why these dare devil beast haven't been sighted recently. Now I know!

1 Like

Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by solace2013: 4:16am On May 09, 2017
I love this Ambode guy, VIOs are terrible human species, they are a menace to the society, kudos Governor Ambode.
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by davit: 9:32am On May 09, 2017
Really? Good to know that.
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by femicousim: 12:12pm On May 09, 2017
these VIO guys issue roadworthiness certificate, i imagine that they issue the certificate after a thorough inspection, now you come on the roads to question the very same certificate you issued ab initio!
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by KPro(m): 6:26pm On May 09, 2017
Very good one from the Governor, i wish same can be done on FRSC, i mean what d hell is "speed limit device"? A crafty way of exploiting Nigerians.
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
kennybabs1980:
Terrible people
I just read your post on family section about the lady and the birthday. Sorry about your experience

I pray God will give you more than you have offered her.

Boss this stay at home is hard. I would be glad of you can help me. Thanks

Sterling 0072053910
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by adeeva06(f): 7:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
Really?
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by adeeva06(f): 7:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
Really?

BLUELemon:
I just read your post on family section about the lady and the birthday. Sorry about your experience

I pray God will give you more than you have offered her.

Boss this stay at home is hard. I would be glad of you can help me. Thanks

Sterling 0072053910
Re: Ambode bans VIO From Lagos Roads by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
adeeva06:
Really?

hi

(1) (Reply)

Enugu: Two(2) Clean Honda Pilot For Sale (Pics) / Man Who Stored 2cars Worth $1k For 26years To Sell Them $4M Now(pics) / P0441, P0172,p0175 On Lexus Rx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.