Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing (693 Views)

Seriake Dickson: In Defense Of The Nigerian Woman / Ambassador Campbell’s Curious Defense Of Buhari’s Corrupt Aso Rock Cabal -Farook / In Defense Of Abba Kyari By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by SexyRat: 7:06am On May 09, 2017
I know my Rivers State brothers will be worried again, but the inner drive to speak the truth and shame our common enemy, the North, is stronger than any other impediment. Sentiment, tribal affinity, misconceptions, bare-faced lies, unhistorical historical account etc have all stood in the way, but I think it is high time we cleaned up the Augean stables. It is time to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Yes, it is time to see beyond tribe and state. It is time to take a bird's eye view of our teething problems as a people. It is time to protract the horizon of our clamour for change. It is time to recover from many years of slumber and say together, "Nigeria has expired!"

Those who say I have jettisoned my Niger Delta people are not wise. First, who are Niger Deltans? Politically speaking, Niger Deltans are the oil-rich states in Nigeria. The Niger Delta includes the South-South states, Imo, Abia, Anambra (yet to be included , for oil exists there now) and Ondo states. How then does my identifying with the best struggle, the truest struggle, the IPOB Movement, betray anyone? On the contrary, I think my identifying with the Igbo and other members of the IPOB is my way of saying I CANNOT BE SEEN AS A TRAITOR LIKE THOSE THAT BETRAYED OJUKWU. My love for the Igbo and other members of the IPOB wave is my own way of saying I KNOW THE BEST ROUTE OUT OF THIS PRISON CALLED NIGERIA.

I not in any way against any other agitation for either restructuring or secession, but I think the core objectives of the IPOB VOLCANO OF REVOLUTION are most nifty for the dissolution of an enclave that is lucidly the product of FIAT. The IPOB, championed by the East with a rapacious space for the involvement of the South-South and every other part of Nigeria that feels IT IS TIME TO GO, is a movement that has saturated the consciousness of the exploiters with fear of IMMINENT FREEDOM from a marriage of convenience. Every revolution starts somewhere; it does not necessarily mean it belongs to its initiators. The Igbo felt their sister regions lacked the will to set this movement in motion. They have helped other regions in starting the car. All others need to do is BOARD. I am not only BOARDING but also contributing my academic missiles to the sustenance of this movement.

Those who want me to evince apathy on issues concerning the Igboman should note that;

1) in my most troubling times in life, one Igbo friend or another provided his or her shoulder for me to lean on;
2) the best gifts I have received from anyone in life came from my Igbo friends;
3) things my own siblings and Rivers' people could not do, my Igbo friends and acquaintances have done;
4) the best friends - platonic and intimate - I have and ever had are Igbo;
5) the people whose culture, tradition, history, values, language, and dream that I love, prefer, respect, and wish to always be with are the Igbo;
6) the Igboman, having affected my life greatly, is now my BROTHER; and
7) the only place I visit and feel at home, without fear of deafening gunshot from the nozzles of guns borne by irate cultists and eerie tales of beheaded humans, is the East. The East is where one goes to rest.

So, my dear brothers, seeing that I prefer the Igbo to even my Rivers' people, do you still blame me? To be honest with you all, as soon as Biafra comes, I will be with them. The Igboman has so impacted my life that to think without capturing one or two of them is not possible. For me, it is Biafra or nothing. I apologize to every other self-determinist and federalist. I prefer the Biafra agitation, since its thrust is SECESSION. Nigeria is an expired product. Restructuring Nigeria is akin to putting an old wine in a new bottle. It is not about the bottle: it is about wine. If you find a bad man clad in a new shirt, what you see us a BAD-MAN-IN-A-NEW-SHIRT, not a good man. The WORN does not transform the WEARER. A restructured Nigeria will, at best, become a renewed product of Lugard and the North: it does not erase its pejorative and unacceptable root, does it? What we need is a nation which formation we are part of. Biafra will give us that. But how can you even restructure without, first, restructuring the upper and lower legislature? Bills that seek Restructuring will die quick death. What we need is total rejection of Nigeria. God bless Nnamdi Kanu and the entire constituents of the IPOB.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by ihimiray(m): 7:32am On May 09, 2017
I respect your sentiment dear,with all you have said a yoruba man can give u all Dat,likewise an hausa man too... All tribes do have the good bad and ugly...so let's live in peace ma
Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by SlayerForever: 7:45am On May 09, 2017
Because of crude oil,Igbo that are usually smart and have foresight have turned to fools in rivers state. They are so enmeshed in their foolishness they fabricate stories against their brothers and then go on to believe these stories. They should continue. More power to their elbow.
Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by Nobody: 8:51am On May 09, 2017
Another cry for help by an ipob youth.
Everyday different epistle.
So many write ups about Rivers by these biafrans.
No day passes by without a cry from an ipob youth begging for Rivers to join their struggle.

Never knew I was born to be this important to certain people from the east.

God bless my fatherland.
God bless Rivers State.
God bless the SS.
God bless Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by Igboesika: 9:20am On May 09, 2017
Ekinematics:
No day passes by without a cry from an ipob youth begging for Rivers to join their struggle.

God bless my fatherland.
God bless Rivers State.
God bless the SS.
God bless Niger Delta.
One, you are not from Rivers state and you are Yoruba to b precise.
Two, Rivers is igbo and igbo is Rivers .
Self deceit of the highest order. Get a life.

6 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by Nobody: 9:37am On May 09, 2017
Igboesika:

One, you are not from Rivers state and you are Yoruba to b precise.
Two, Rivers is igbo and igbo is Rivers .
Self deceit of the highest order. Get a life.

Here they go again.
Igbos will always term anything that doesn't fit into their ideology as Yoruba.

Very cliché.

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by BossKratos: 10:00am On May 09, 2017
Everyday the same old tired empty rhetoric and chest beating!

grin

Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by enemybulldozer(m): 10:28am On May 09, 2017
Ekinematics:

Here they go again.
Igbos will always term anything that doesn't fit into their ideology as Yoruba.

Very cliché.
The same way you term anything that doesn't fit into your F00lishness as IPOB.

5 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by Princesaha: 10:57am On May 09, 2017
Ekinematics:

God bless my fatherland.
God bless Rivers State.
God bless the SS.
God bless Niger Delta.
Afeez Kadiri my Yoruba Muslim brother, how things dey go nah? Bro mi, I just wanna congratulate you on your recent victory as the CHIEF BUTCHER of our notable organisation, the "Afonjaa skull miners association of Nigeria, (ASMAN) ogbomosho branch. He who Sango, Ogun and Obatala has blessed, no IPod yoot can curse.

5 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by macluvph1(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2017
All i know, as nwodiele. I like IPOB and all its policies.

If e pain you go and hug transformer.

3 Likes

Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by SexyRat: 12:11pm On May 09, 2017
Princesaha:

Afeez Kadiri my Yoruba Muslim brother, how things dey go nah? Bro mi, I just wanna congratulate you on your recent victory as the CHIEF BUTCHER of our notable organisation, the "Afonjaa skull miners association of Nigeria, (ASMAN) ogbomosho branch. He who Sango, Ogun and Obatala has blessed, no IPod yoot can curse.

grin grin
Re: In Defense Of Biafra Or Nothing by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 09, 2017
Princesaha:

Is this the best you can do?
Continue fooling yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Governor Fayose: Please Shut Up! / A Youth Corp Member Declares 3 Days Fasting For Buhari (photos) / North Will Break Away From Nigeria – Prof Ango (Northern Elders Forum)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.