Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba (67953 Views)

Lady Vows Never To Visit Her Potential Boyfriend's House Again After Seeing This / I Dumped My Bride On Wedding Day Because She's Been Cheating On Me- Groom Shouts / I Sympathise With A Guy Who Says He Used And Dumped A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by coolestchris(m): 2:07pm On May 11, 2017
hmm why should she cook for him,when they haven't started dating?

watch out for my new song titled "cucumber"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by tunazi(m): 2:07pm On May 11, 2017
We should now fry beans abi
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Harwoyeez(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2017
Ordinary cooking cheesy angrylemme come n be going sef
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 11, 2017
Really ?
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by emmadejust(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2017
E no fair for u naa to deprived your potential guy...

Abi u no like beta things hmmm undecided undecided
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Alphafeezay(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2017
rumenase:

Source: http://crazyanne.com/dumped-my-boyfriend/

I thought you are feeling bad about it. Okay. Good luck and keep shopping for the ones that will cook for you.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Trumptech(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2017
Please someone should note this babe because we will not tolerate her coming back here to say that her relationship is not working out well. When you are in school how many boy friends do you cook for out of the numerous you had?

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by jayblaze001(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2017
U dumped him because he asked u to cook? U sef na craze dey worry u.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by yaksdavirus: 2:10pm On May 11, 2017
Observing in 3D
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by dammie4j(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2017
Good luck to you...
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Kakamorufu(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2017
see you at redemption camp in the next 23 years

12 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Kakamorufu(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2017
dammie4j:
f
for fufu then

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by calyto: 2:11pm On May 11, 2017
Clap for yourself
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by majorbravo: 2:12pm On May 11, 2017
veekid:
She is still young now; leave her, by the time she approach 30. By then her sense of reasoning go come down to normal
By the time she turns 30, she would be begging strangers to allow her cook for them.

For the post,

Point 1
How can you even dump someone you aren't dating yet? You say he is well to do so this dude can literarily get any girl he so wishes. If not for anything, He was probably thinking marriage while you were thinking boyfriend/girlfriend. Besides, Dude was doing you a favour, he wanted to give you an opportunity to impress his friends, he probably already told them a lot about you, and you know what that means if his friends adore you. You must suck at cooking to decline such an opportunity.

Point 2
If it's not a woman's responsibility to cook, then it shouldn't be a man's responsibility to pick the bills for the meal you ate. I expected you to have written that you paid the bills at the restaurant. Feminists and double standards.

Point 3
What makes you think he cant cook himself? Have you been the one cooking for him all the time he has been alone before you came along? Do you know if he was really hungry and too tired to drive out that he really needed help? Give you an example: If a really tall man were to come to your house on his first visit as a potential bf, and suddenly there was a power cut, you successfully turned on the generator but cos you are short you would usually climb a stool to change the power. Now your friends were there and this potential bf is a tall guy who actually stands behind you and watches you struggling to reach the switch. You kindly ask him to help you, and he tells you its not a man's responsibility. lol

Point 4
Do you know some men were raised not to eat out? They prefer to cook what they eat themselves. He even trusts you enough to taste food cooked by you when he barely knows you. Besides what do you think his friends would have said about you, if they saw you in his house as a potential wife to be, relaxed while he was in the kitchen. Dude could have done it himself, but he was mindful of the ridicule you could have faced if he was seen doing it himself while you were there. I'm trying to imagine your face swallowing those spoons of rice from the restaurant, Now you just proved to him and his friends that you aren't a match.

Point 5
Why have your first date in a guy's house if as you claim, you don't know him well enough? So saying it was a first date is not likely(ruled out), you probably knew him well enough to go spend time with him at his crib, dude aint no stranger. Ok, so it was a stay at home date, and they got hungry, was she expecting to see Ainsley Harriott jump out of the kitchen wearing an apron with a frying spoon in hand awaiting orders? Cos it would be unlikely to expect candle lit dinner on a first date. You don't accept dates of a skydiving nature if you're scared of heights, don't expect KFC when you are sitting it in at home for a date (perhaps Netflix and Chill was on her menu).

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by dammie4j(m): 2:12pm On May 11, 2017
Kakamorufu:
for fucck

Oga, you fast oooo. I don modify my post, so do the needful...
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Jerryojozy(m): 2:12pm On May 11, 2017
cooking is my hubby! lol my mum cooked for the entire family sef on her first date. Dey der de form u never see anything yet.

Genius J

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by YelloweWest: 2:12pm On May 11, 2017
Honestly some nigerian men are sick bastards.

Imagine! On a first date!

Thank God this lady knows her worth.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by 12345baba(m): 2:13pm On May 11, 2017
Nne na ekwuyeli

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by oyetpel(m): 2:13pm On May 11, 2017
The girl did the right thing. The guy is silly, assuming the guy went to the kitchen to prepare the food, the girl can join him in her own accord, because it was a first date and she ain't his wife or gf yet.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by peter0071(m): 2:13pm On May 11, 2017
relegation to local league
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by bkool7(m): 2:13pm On May 11, 2017
missomo:
Smart girl. The next date he would have brought out clothes for you to wash.

Set a standard for yourself because if you marry such a man you will never be happy. Men like that end up beating women.

Maybe you and the op have not been told .
its actually a MEN'S WORLD .
you ladies just live in it.
The man was merely testing you, and need I tell you you failed ?

15 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by nanotechy: 2:14pm On May 11, 2017
I think she did great. The cocky bros should learn how to not take people for granted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by peter0071(m): 2:14pm On May 11, 2017
Even if he made a mistake, there are wiser ways of handling issues like this...
YelloweWest:
Honestly nigerian men are sick bastards.

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by gprincead(m): 2:14pm On May 11, 2017
The girl ugly sha.

The guy needed a serious relationship with u by asking u to cook. He went out and bought the food to show u he can afford it.

Ur laziness made u lose not just a boyfriend but potential decent husband that will prefer eating in the house instead of outside.

The young guy just wan show u he is a homely guy that prefers eating at home to eating outside.

Too bad u wia too dumb to understand wia he is coming from.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by YelloweWest: 2:14pm On May 11, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
One word - Pride !
Yes! Pride from the man!

Imagine such disrespect.
It would have been different if she offered to cook. But to ordee her like she is your maid... that's insulting!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by nwakibie3(m): 2:14pm On May 11, 2017
Kakamorufu:
see you at redemption camp in the next 23 years

Abi prayer city....... lagos-ibadan expressway grin grin

6 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by bumi10(m): 2:15pm On May 11, 2017
clap for urself

dont worry, u think u are wise abi, am seeing u sleeping at redeem redemption camp very soon.

and how can u even dump someone u havnt even started dating.

women love the word dump so much

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 11, 2017
So we should fry beans
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by ayanfemotun: 2:15pm On May 11, 2017
So not agreeing to cook for him means you cnt put house in order. Mtchew. Y shld he even ask u 2 cook sef.

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by nwakibie3(m): 2:16pm On May 11, 2017
YelloweWest:
Honestly nigerian men are sick bastards.

see one of them here

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by dacovajnr: 2:16pm On May 11, 2017
MFM awaits this one.

5 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Randy100: 2:16pm On May 11, 2017
God save that boy. A woman who can't cook is that one a woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How Your Mother Looks At You When You Are 32 Years And Not Married (picture) / When No One Wants To Date You, But Everyone Wants To Sleep With You / My Acclaimed Girlfriend Just Sent Me An Sms Meant For Someone Else.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.