Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment (41711 Views)

Wife Pours Boiling Water On Her Husband In Bayelsa For Slapping Her (Graphic) / Brother ‘sets’ Pregnant Sister Ablaze For ‘slapping’ Mum / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Rosskii: 5:34pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

How the hell do you know they didn't? You assume everything you read is true and think with your emotions. . . Gullible boy.
Dummy, Why would she claim they paid her 20 pounds a week if they paid her the normal amount paid to all babysitters there, of 50 pounds plus per day? Nobody does that, because there is no reason to. If your employer is paying you fairly, why would you lie and say they are paying you 5% of what they should pay you?

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by abbeyty(m): 5:35pm On May 09, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

By God's grace, what you wish for others will be done to your family grin

dont mind that guy, it seems he has some1 he keeps as a slave in his house

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
What did they "go through"? The only reason they took her there was so they could exploit her, and pay her peanuts. Babysitters in the U.K. charge a minimum of 50 pounds PER DAY. Those pigs must have calculated that if they bring their slave to London and pay her 20 pounds a week, she would serve them out of "gratitude", and they would save money on babysitting. They took her there out of sheer greed and wickedness. Surviving on 20 pounds a week in the UK is like asking someone in Nigeria to live on 500 naira a week. Can you do that?
It shows your ignorant of travelling and living abroad. She's being housed and fed free of charge. A small room in London cost more than £120 weekly rent. Many Nigerians living on their own are not even able to afford this. If you live in London you will understand Met police could be bias in this particular case.

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Tokziby: 5:41pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

Stop thinking with your emotions brother. Blackmail is real. There's always two sides to a story.

There might be other sides to the story but really this is not the first time of hearing about such cases, sometimes people do it to their blood relations, turn them into maids and will not even give them shishi, they will be claiming "afterall we brought u here and u sleep and eat under our roof". This is why people abscond from their relatives to find means of survival after their eyes don clear.

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Rosskii: 5:41pm On May 09, 2017
toyetade:

It shows your ignorant of travelling and living abroad. She's being housed and fed free of charge. A small room in London cost more than £120 weekly rent. Many Nigerians living on their own are not even able to afford this. If you live in London you will understand Met police could be bias in this particular case.
Come on Sharrap there. In the U.K. it matters ZERO if you are housed or fed by your employer. You MUST be paid for your labour. That is the law. The minimum wage is around 6 pounds an hour. A full day of work is around 50 pounds pay. And no, you can get a small room for around 60 pounds a week inclusive of gas, water, and electric bills.

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Ichietome: 5:43pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Though I don't support the maltreatment of workers, but the househelp shouldn't act like an ingrate. There's always 2 sides to a story and her complaint leaves so much unanswered. Is it possible that 20 pounds is all she's being paid? Really? By those who took her abroad in the first place?

It takes a lot to take someone abroad and give the person a better life, she should appreciate that. It's not like she had it better in Nigeria, so why should she bite the fingers feeding her over minor dispute.

The hardworking couple went through the stress of bringing her from Nigeria to the UK to help them babysit and keep the home, if she has issues, she should have found a way to table her complaints in a sensible way.

Most of these so-called househelps end up becoming arrogant and disloyal when they start having "london friends".
Most sensible comment here

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Rexleo(m): 5:43pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Though I don't support the maltreatment of workers, but the househelp shouldn't act like an ingrate. There's always 2 sides to a story and her complaint leaves so much unanswered. Is it possible that 20 pounds is all she's being paid? Really? By those who took her abroad in the first place?

It takes a lot to take someone abroad and give the person a better life, she should appreciate that. It's not like she had it better in Nigeria, so why should she bite the fingers feeding her over minor dispute.

The hardworking couple went through the stress of bringing her from Nigeria to the UK to help them babysit and keep the home, if she has issues, she should have found a way to table her complaints in a sensible way.

Most of these so-called househelps end up becoming arrogant and disloyal when they start having "london friends".
mr what the f**k is you saying ?I have told people we are own nemesis. Look at you say do they know how much it cost to bring someone to the UK.incredible statement from you.if she'd earning 40,000 as a local govt worker back in 2004 then she is nothing less than top senior officer. God the madness rush for traveling abroad.I have always been saying it look at how people treat their domestic staff or subordinate under them and you will understand why the African continent is a dark place .daughter of a pastor, very sad.

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Boscolo: 5:45pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
Why would she claim they paid her 20 pounds a week if they paid her the normal amount paid to all babysitters there, of 50 pounds plus per day? Dummy.

My brother inbthe UK when you do things, do it the normal and acceptable way. If they had opened a bank account theyvwouldbhave been able to defend themselves.

Do you know in that same UK a friend helped a fellow Nigerian with £2k on the very day his visa ll expire, he gave me £ 2k ( he met him on his way to work and told him that he ll be going back to Naija because he can't renew is visa and that day was the last day) My friend rushed to Barclays get £2k from his account, gave it to his friend and went to work.
The guy applied ,got his visa (residency)and after some month my friend asked for the money this guy denied.
They went to a police station and the police said since there is no evidence there is nothing they can do.
My friend no see £2k collect oooo.(mind you he got the 2k from over the counter and gave to his friend)
So if the Dr. had paid into an account she would have been able to defend herself

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by BOUNTYDOG(m): 5:49pm On May 09, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

By God's grace, what you wish for others will be done to your family grin

Your reply to this really got me thinking
I actually used to believe this is a prayer for someone who has a good heart
The Lord said we should wish for our neighbours as we wish ourselves
that's Christ like
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by BOUNTYDOG(m): 5:52pm On May 09, 2017
Boscolo:

My brother inbthe UK when you do things, do it the normal and acceptable way. If they had opened a bank account theyvwouldbhave been able to defend themselves.

Do you know in that same UK a friend helped a fellow Nigerian with £2k on the very day his visa ll expire, he gave me £ 2k ( he met him on his way to work and told him that he ll be going back to Naija because he can't renew is visa and that day was the last day) My friend rushed to Barclays get £2k from his account, gave it to his friend and went to work.
The guy applied ,got his visa (residency)and after some month my friend asked for the money this guy denied.
They went to a police station and the police said since there is no evidence there is nothing they can do.
My friend no see £2k collect oooo.(mind you he got the 2k from over the counter and gave to his friend)
So if the Dr. had paid into an account she would have been able to defend herself

visitors are not entitled to open an account
the babysitter must have travelled on a visiting visa which she cannotnopen an account with
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Mayflowa(m): 5:55pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

There is no better life in London than Nigeria. The weather stabs you in your chest, the food is awkward and no playmate to hobnob with. The only joy derived is the good infrastructure and opportunity to earn more money. Without money, to hell with infrastructure.

It is not out of kindness the doctor and wife brought the lady to UK. She is the easiest target to be used. She was house help to their parents with little or no paid and they felt they could continue the trend in London. An hourly pay for maids is 20 pounds. That is 200 pounds for 10 hour day and 1400 pounds a week. This couple intends to use and enfeeble the poor maid until she is not useful to herself and the society. So don't defend their wickedness

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by GeneralOjukwu: 5:57pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
Dummy, Why would she claim they paid her 20 pounds a week if they paid her the normal amount paid to all babysitters there, of 50 pounds plus per day? Nobody does that, because there is no reason to. If your employer is paying you fairly, why would you lie and say they are paying you 5% of what they should pay you?

Mr Rosskii...do you think that blackberlin has home-training or any IQ to speak of?

Just read his comments on this thread. You are wasting time trying to educate him; pouring water into a basket.

No one with a sound mind would reason like that. That's the pure UNDILUTED truth.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by GeneralOjukwu: 5:59pm On May 09, 2017
BOUNTYDOG:

Your reply to this really got me thinking
I actually used to believe this is a prayer for a someone who has a good heart
The Lord said we should wish for our neighbours as we wish ourselves
that's Christ like

Yes, Mr BOUNTYDOG, whether we like it or not.

Whatever we wish anyone good / bad, we would reap out of it. This couple has gotten away with this since 2004.

Their chickens are coming home to roost now. Nothing ever stays hidden.

He believes it is right for the woman to earn 20 Pounds....he shouldn't be surprised if God doesn't give him & his family more than that too
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Boscolo: 6:02pm On May 09, 2017
BOUNTYDOG:

visitors are not entitled to open an account
the babysitter must have travelled on a visiting visa which she cannotnopen an account with

But the woman didn't get to UK today. If trully they wanted to help him as some pple are saying on here they would have find ways (legal) by which she can get her papers. Also, if she is a visitor,transfering the money to an account in Nigeria would have helped them out.
But come to think of it , if they transfer £20 - service charge the woman we be paid less than £20. smiley
Naija I hail
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by BOUNTYDOG(m): 6:03pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

I never called her an ingrate. I said she shouldn't be an ingrate. You should know that those who spent millions in taking her over there would most likely not just give her a mere 20 pounds. Some Nigerians go abroad and try to blackmail people so they can cash out big time.

People shouldn't jump into conclusion cos only God knows the truth.

how could they have spent millions in taking her out of Nigeria to the UK?
All they must have paid for is just her visa fee and her ticket

if its true she has been in the UK since 2004,babysitting till 2017,haba
But the babies sef go don turn adults na
Anyway na dier lawaha joor
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by kingsclass: 6:04pm On May 09, 2017
[/color][quote author=blackberlin post=56358655]Though I don't support the maltreatment of workers, but the househelp shouldn't act like an ingrate. There's always 2 sides to a story and her complaint leaves so much unanswered. Is it possible that 20 pounds is all she's being paid? Really? By those who took her abroad in the first place?

The hardworking couple went through the stress of bringing her from Nigeria to the[color=#006600]
UK to help them babysit and keep the home, if she has issues, she should have found a way to table her complaints in a sensible way.

Most of these so-called househelps end up becoming arrogant and disloyal when they start having "london friends".[/quote[color=#006600][/color]

I think your reasoning is very poor. You have already condemned the baby sitter as an ingrate.You feel that by taking her to london they have done a great favour for her.Are there not people who are better off in Nigeria than those over there in london? I think it is very important for us to think before typing trash.

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

What better life?? She has been a slave to the doctors. Do you know how much she would've earned as a carer working such long shifts since 2004??

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Rosskii: 6:06pm On May 09, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Mr Rosskii...do you think that blackberlin has home-training or any IQ to speak of?

Just read his comments on this thread. You are wasting time trying to educate him; pouring water into a basket.

No one with a sound mind would reason like that. That's the pure UNDILUTED truth.
My brother, honestly, some people on this site just make you wonder if they are real human beings or something else. How can someone just come out and be supporting the exploitation of their fellow human being? It's incredible.

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Laralag: 6:08pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

Back to sender

Some of you don't have enough manners to argue constructively. You have already assumed everything she said is true, are you God?

Easy little man. Before I knock you. What manner of rubbish are you saying? What kind of terrible argument are you giving? If it is your sister or family, will you be say such things? How are you even able to justify such actions? How am I assuming? Is that not a dailymail news? Dailymail is a reputable british as far as I'm concerned so forget that one. You don't seem to know what you are saying.

20 pounds per week. Ontop of that...violence. How much is minimum wage? 6 pound ish per hour. Do you know how much she can make daily from shifts.

The doctor and her husband are well trained. Their children are being trained. They now brought someone from Nigeria and subjected her to such slavish terms. Shege!

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

no matter how mwny sides of the story, you habe no right to hit your fellow human except in self defense
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Boldtrust(m): 6:30pm On May 09, 2017
When they are used to slapping and maltreating their house helps in Nigeria.

Please take extra padlock for that prison

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
Come on Sharrap there. In the U.K. it matters ZERO if you are housed or fed by your employer. You MUST be paid for your labour. That is the law. The minimum wage is around 6 pounds an hour. A full day of work is around 50 pounds pay. And no, you can get a small room for around 60 pounds a week inclusive of gas, water, and electric bills.
Lobatan no be only 60pounds a week. It is 60pounds a year. Shows your level of ignorance. We are not in the same class
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by walexsho(m): 6:39pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

Yeah it takes a lot. but both the husband and wife are soooooo greedy, haba !!! since 2004. 20 pounds a week?
But 40k in Nigeria as at 2004 was a fair pay and she would have gotten salary increment plus promotion by now. The couple might have enticed her with a juicy package in order to traffic her. They wanted the best for their children, yet so greedy

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
My brother, honestly, some people on this site just make you wonder if they are real human beings or something else. How can someone just come out and be supporting the exploitation of their fellow human being? It's incredible.
What exploitation.? Do you know the damage that girl has done to that family which may mean striking off the doctors name from the register . If she doesn't like the maltreatment, can't she just walk away from their house. or abscond rather than bringing in the police. For somebody to have taken you to UK or US must have mean well
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by yuki7: 6:41pm On May 09, 2017
i would say your ignorant or foolishly smarter but i didn't your mad. how can you work for 18hours for 20pounds just because they brought her to London? what is London to you? heaven where God lives? at least use your brain. do you know what is 18hours of work under this condition mentioned above? re you okay? omo nawa ooo
blackberlin:

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by AZeD1(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2017
toyetade:

Have you heard the other side of the story. London Police are biased against blacks and don't do enough investigation. Did you know what the couple went through to take her to theUK. How did the police conclude they pay her 20pounds a month if there is no record. No bank account.

There is no other side to the story. The minimum wage in the UK is £6.70/hr , anything under that is putting yourself in trouble.

The woman would definitely not have a work permit, so the fact that she was employed as a baby sitter is an offence.

Also I'm pretty sure the woman was smuggled into the UK or brought on a visiting Visa which is another offence.

Please go and read the UK employment laws very well.

As for the guy saying there's the other side of the story, anything you can't tender in a law court is null and void.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Ehinmola(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2017
Too bad sha
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by sunshineV(f): 6:42pm On May 09, 2017
Even if Nigeria presido try am, hin go use hin nose blow ballon
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Mskrisx(f): 6:47pm On May 09, 2017
nwabobo:

£20 a week? This is wickedness if the highest order. When me dey find who go fit do d job for me make I dey pay N200k into d person Naija account every month.

Eziokwu??
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by walexsho(m): 6:53pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
The couple's house is her place of work.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by AZeD1(m): 6:57pm On May 09, 2017
toyetade:

For somebody to have taken you to UK or US must have mean well
This has got to be the most retarded thing posted on this site.
Going by your logic, those who traffic girls for prostitution mean well.

Anuofia.

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by chloride6: 6:57pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

Please, this issue is simple and clear, where is her 450-pound salary?

How dare you say she was given a better life? Toiling all day like a slave is a better life?

Even that 450 pounds is small. In compared standards of living, it may not be than 60,000 here.

Nigeria Police Killed 20 Yrs Old Girl, Shoot A Boy In Ajegunle - Rugged Man / Sergeant Bello Kills 6 Colleagues At Police Headquarters In Maiduguri / Fulani Herdsmen Arrested With Weapons In Kaduna By Police (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86