Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women (3369 Views)

Unclothedness/semi-Unclothedness: Is It African Or Not? / Would You Have Preferred To Be African Or Part-african, Had You The Choice? / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by mito: 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2010
Western women. In fact, they work as hard as their men, and when they finally get home they have to take care of their family in the same way most african women are doing it while being housewives.
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by chiogo(f): 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2010
^ So all African women are housewives? undecided
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by mito: 8:13pm On Jan 10, 2010
@chiogo

No. Neither do all western women are hardworking. There are lazy women and goldiggers too among them.
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by freecocoa(f): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2010
@ toba,yeah dats me,myself & i in the pic hon,
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2010
Alryt
since this thread isn't related to romance
i'm moving it to the culture section where it belongs

lol
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by Freiburger(m): 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2010
The topic is in its right place my friend.
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by Ybutterfly: 4:45am On Aug 14, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^BOTHh^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by tpia5: 6:05am On Aug 14, 2012
so this multiple user freiburger has been posting rubbish since 2010.

una go quench for here sha.
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by MrsChima(f): 6:18am On Aug 14, 2012
White women.
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by ifyalways(f): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2012
Considering all the gadgets and technologies at the disposal of the western/modern women, I'll say the African woman is physically, more hard working.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by Amanda86(f): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
Western women do that too.....
Okija_juju:

African woman.

She wakes up by 6.00am, baths the kids and preps them for school, drops the kids off and heads to work, pick the kids and noon and drops them off with the babysitter then goes off to another job, returns at 6 with dinner from a fast food, tidies up and preps for the following day. I guess you know who she is. tongue
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by Amanda86(f): 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
Im a white woman married to a nigerian man.

I would say the African woman typically works harder as the chores in western culture are usually spilt between husband and wife (only fair) If the man and woman both go to work then why should the woman do all the chores! She been to work all day too! lol

Though I think stay at home mothers in both situations work hard though men seem not to consider this work!

I agree with previous comment that african women have it harder physically.
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by MrsChima(f): 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
I still say white women.
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by anonymous6(f): 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
ifyalways: Considering all the gadgets and technologies at the disposal of the western/modern women, I'll say the African woman is physically, more hard working.

cosign
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by Freiburger(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
ifyalways: Considering all the gadgets and technologies at the disposal of the western/modern women, I'll say the African woman is physically, more hard working.
I got you.
Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by MrsChima(f): 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
No one on this site have surveyed and interviewed every women in the world on how they live in both societies. Assumptions doesn't make it right. Effective research goes a LONG WAY.

Amish women in America do not use gadgets nor technologies to survive nor incorporate it in their daily living. Amish women live everyday without cellphones, weaves, electricity, computers, cars, and makeups.

They create their own clothing and plant their own foods. They are housewives and field workers putting in excessive billable hours catering to their husbands and children even past bedtime. They churns their own butter, milk the cows, slaughter their animals for meat, bake their own breads, and go out in the community selling their hard work without relying on public transportation, cars, gasoline, cellphones, computers, and create their own medicines without using gadgets and technologies.

Now that is HARD WORKING......and yes they are in America. wink wink

How many of you can say that without lying?

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by ifyalways(f): 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
Lol. Are we talking about todays Amish women? This site says otherwise

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?hl=en&u=http://pittsburgh.about.com/cs/pennsylvania/a/amish_2.htm&client=ms-rim&q=amish+women&sa=X&ei=lvcrUOLLNYnM0QXcwIG4BA&ved=0CC8QFjAF

Btw, what's the grounds of comparison? The amish women chose certain lifestyle Cos of their religious inclinations.
They are just a tiny set and does not represent the phrase "western women". All the things you listed up there and more is a daily norm for women in villages/rural settings in Africa and its not their choice(unlike the Amish, who are doing so Cos of their religious beliefs)

Todays Amish woman uses phone and some other gadgets, they just don't fancy owning one personally.

Check the website.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Hard Working? African Or Western Women by ifyalways(f): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
Amish women=deeper life women.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Homosexual “marriage” Is Harmful And Must Be Opposed / History Of Anioma Most Especially Ndokwa Shows They Are Not Igbos. / 7 Bizarre Cultural Practices Still Practiced Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.