Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? (1309 Views)

Is She A Prostitute Or A Caring Mom? / Is It Necessary To Have Children Or Make A Good Marriage Instead? / "Village People Can Die Now" - Man As He Boasts About Brother’s White Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Ginaz(f): 10:28pm On May 09, 2017
You know this country is damn hard and everybody can advise me or tell me a thing or two.

I love children, like taking care of them(bathing, feeding and all that)

And old elderly ones too, I love their look so much and always find them amusing and comforting.

I was talking with a friend and he said it could land me a job and it would be a good ideal if I can get an employer who needs a nanny or someone to care for their elderly ones.

I'm a very honest person, from humble home and truthful and I don't have a criminal record. Do you think I can find a job with this description?

Can I make it as a part time career? Or do you think I can get it as a solid job? What are the possible set backs I might face?
Please I need suggestions and advise.
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Ginaz(f): 10:41pm On May 09, 2017
Somebody answer na cry

Lalasticlala you can help me to move it to Front page. Please. I need suggestions. cry
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by eezeribe(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2017
Are you based in Abuja?
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Ginaz(f): 10:54pm On May 09, 2017
eezeribe:
Are you based in Abuja?

No I'm not.
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by nwarosa: 11:34pm On May 09, 2017
Ginaz:
Somebody answer na cry

Lalasticlala you can help me to move it to Front page. Please. I need suggestions. cry
You sef be patient. Family section folks are not necessarily night crawlers like the romance section.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Ginaz(f): 11:42pm On May 09, 2017
nwarosa:
You sef be patient. Family section folks are not necessarily night crawlers like the romance section.

OK thanks.
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by MetroTee: 12:06am On May 10, 2017
Ginaz:
You know this country is damn hard and everybody can advise me or tell me a thing or two.

And old elderly ones too, I love their look so much and always find them amusing and comforting.

I was talking with a friend and he said it could land me a job and it would be a good ideal if I can get an employer who needs a nanny or someone to care for their elderly ones.

I'm a very honest person, from humble home and truthful and I don't have a criminal record. Do you think I can find a job with this description?

Can I make it as a part time career? Or do you think I can get it as a solid job? What are the possible set backs I might face?

Yes you can make a career out of it. There are quite a number of care homes in Lagos. I guess you can contact them. Just searched Google to see if vacancies for these roles are advertised and saw this http://joblistnigeria.com/criada-multiservices-fresh-vacancies-4-positions.html

Also see the poster I attached. It's definitely a career on its own. All the best!
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by sisisioge: 12:25am On May 10, 2017
Wow!

That's pretty cool. You are one heck of a rare gem. While I love both the junior and senior citizens, I find caring for both a tasking process. The never ending " I want to pee, poo and drink water" make me thankful child minding isn't what I do for a living . As if those are what they live for grin. For the seniors, having to listen to same stories over and over again while pretending the story is fresh is a torture grin grin grin My friend's children and my grandma are legends. I can't imagine taking on a job that makes it my livelihood.

I know a lot of employers are looking for you because only a few genuinely love this. Only a few would love to run after juniors all day keeping them clean, healthy and safe and still asking for more. Only even fewer would enjoy sitting on the laps of the seniors to listen to same stories over and over again let alone being their nanny. You could Google homes for the aged and send a lot of applications. There was even one here at some point. You could do same to crèches around you too.

If you don't have any experience but just love the idea of it biko go and practice a bit. This is to prep you on the yams the job isn't... trust me its a lot of work. Also, because most people see this honourable job as a mere nanny job, the pay is usually low. Unless you get a well established set up to work with, care givers in Naija don't earn much. Of course, most of them end up with people who would eventually take out their lack of financial fulfilment on their wards.

Good luck baby...you're a really nice person.

1 Like

Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Nobody: 10:55am On May 10, 2017
Look into elderly care it's a gold mine. What experience do you have and where are you based? Old people act like kids sometimes so it's not about only liking them but are you patient enough to handle it, I do volunteer for elderly care and it's rewarding so let me know where you are.
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by bukatyne(f): 11:59am On May 10, 2017
You can look into having a business with Creche and elderly care simultaneously. Parents will be very willing to keep their kids in your Creche if their parents can stay with them.

You should look for jobs entailing such now to garner the needed experience. .

Goodluck
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by remecy(f): 11:39am On May 12, 2017
Pidgin2:
Look into elderly care it's a gold mine. What experience do you have and where are you based? Old people act like kids sometimes so it's not about only liking them but are you patient enough to handle it, I do volunteer for elderly care and it's rewarding so let me know where you are.

sent you PM. Please check it.
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Ginaz(f): 12:41pm On May 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

I'm from delta and don't have much experience though I look after kids left in my care efficiently.
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Ginaz(f): 12:42pm On May 12, 2017
sisisioge:
Wow!

That's pretty cool. You are one heck of a rare gem. While I love both the junior and senior citizens, I find caring for both a tasking process. The never ending " I want to pee, poo and drink water" make me thankful child minding isn't what I do for a living . As if those are what they live for grin. For the seniors, having to listen to same stories over and over again while pretending the story is fresh is a torture grin grin grin My friend's children and my grandma are legends. I can't imagine taking on a job that makes it my livelihood.

I know a lot of employers are looking for you because only a few genuinely love this. Only a few would love to run after juniors all day keeping them clean, healthy and safe and still asking for more. Only even fewer would enjoy sitting on the laps of the seniors to listen to same stories over and over again let alone being their nanny. You could Google homes for the aged and send a lot of applications. There was even one here at some point. You could do same to crèches around you too.

If you don't have any experience but just love the idea of it biko go and practice a bit. This is to prep you on the yams the job isn't... trust me its a lot of work. Also, because most people see this honourable job as a mere nanny job, the pay is usually low. Unless you get a well established set up to work with, care givers in Naija don't earn much. Of course, most of them end up with people who would eventually take out their lack of financial fulfilment on their wards.

Thanks, may God reward you for your sweet response.
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by DhcLtd: 7:00am On May 14, 2017
Are you in need of any of these domestic staff? Executive Drivers, House Maids, Cleaners, Cooks, Care Givers, Errand Officer, Laundry attendants, gardeners? Look no further because Domestic Help Company Nigeria is here to offer you the best services at an affordable cost. We post anywhere within and outside Nigeria. What are you waiting for? Call Now! 09063340080

Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Prognose: 7:13am On May 14, 2017
sisisioge:
Wow!

I dont know why but i found this quite funny

grin grin grin

It would be good to know if the op has had any real experience taking care of the little and the elderly or if this is just a 'good feeling' she has.

grin
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
Ginaz:

I have something to tell you based on this...have you settled with a job based on this?
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Lizy100: 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=connectpoint post=57968059]

I have something to tell you based on this...have you settled with a job based on this?[/
Re: I Love Children Or Caring For Old People, Can I Get a job With It? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=Lizy100 post=57986122][/quote]

?

(1) (Reply)

10+ Times Kids Surprised Their Parents With Their Genius Inventions / "Our Marriage Partner"- Make Or Mare Our Destiny! / What Would Be The Most Logical Approach To This Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.