Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God (2216 Views)

NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Dear Christians, Doesn't The Front Page Prove The Atheists Point? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by kesmalindo(m): 5:34am On May 10, 2017
As Muslims, we pray only in the name of Allah (God). We are not even allowed to pray in the name of Prophet Muhammad (S) let alone any other Prophet of God.
Hence, it is important for our Christian friends to understand that we wouldn't say 'Amen' when they pray for us 'In Jesus Name'. Only ignorant or hypocritic Muslims will say Amen to any name beside the name of God. Why? It is against everything that we believe as Muslims. Therefore, courtesy demands that you pray for a people in a way that does not sound disrespectful to them. If any Christian friend intentionally prays for me in Jesus Name, I will keep mum and continue as if he hadn't pray at all. If he challenges me for not saying amen, then I will feel very disrespected.
In the same way, a Muslim is also not expected to pray for a Christian in Allah's name because Christians only pray in Jesus name. To do otherwise means to disrespect their faith.
Since we all have the understanding of praying in God's name, it is best for all of us (Muslims and Christians) to pray ONLY in God's name in gatherings that have both Muslim and Christian attendance.
This is called mutual respect and understanding. It well help foster our relationships and understanding and our peaceful coexistence.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by olaric(m): 6:16am On May 10, 2017
Jesus is not a prophet; He is the son of God.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by Amberon: 7:27am On May 10, 2017
You were making sense before you said the bolded and it just shows how domineering you people are. So because of the presence of muslims us christians should compromise our prayers?

Jesus Christ is our God, and any prayer that is not done in the name of Jesus is a waste of time.

You cannot compel us to pray without saying "in Jesus name". In the same vein, you are not compelled to say Amen just as we also are not compelled to say amen to your prayers. But saying we should not pray in the name of Jesus in religious gatherings is insanity.
kesmalindo:

Since we all have the understanding of praying in God's name, it is best for all of us (Muslims and Christians) to pray ONLY in God's name in gatherings that have both Muslim and Christian attendance.

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by mexxmoney: 7:36am On May 10, 2017
Op you should understand that in Christianity Jesus is not just a prophet like Mohammed, Jesus is God and His Name is above all names in heaven and on earth. And whatever we ask in that Name....... It is done!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by alBHAGDADI: 7:38am On May 10, 2017
You say Muslims pray on the name of allah whom you say is the Arabic equivalent of the English word god.

So, what is the name of this allah?

3 Likes

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by iceboy4752(m): 8:46am On May 10, 2017
He has 99 Names. Some include:
Ar-Rahman
Ar-Rahim
Al-Qudus

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by analice107: 9:00am On May 10, 2017
Can't this people just face their allah? Me, i no send you oo. leave me alone biko.

If i decide to pray to a goat, scam off and let me be. must i worship your moon god.

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by CyrusTheGreat: 9:39am On May 10, 2017
kesmalindo:
As Muslims, we pray only in the name of Allah (God). We are not even allowed to pray in the name of Prophet Muhammad (S) let alone any other Prophet of God.
Hence, it is important for our Christian friends to understand that we wouldn't say 'Amen' when they pray for us 'In Jesus Name'. Only ignorant or hypocritic Muslims will say Amen to any name beside the name of God. Why? It is against everything that we believe as Muslims. Therefore, courtesy demands that you pray for a people in a way that does not sound disrespectful to them. If any Christian friend intentionally prays for me in Jesus Name, I will keep mum and continue as if he hadn't pray at all. If he challenges me for not saying amen, then I will feel very disrespected.
In the same way, a Muslim is also not expected to pray for a Christian in Allah's name because Christians only pray in Jesus name. To do otherwise means to disrespect their faith.
This is called mutual respect and understanding. It well help foster our relationships and understanding and our peaceful coexistence.

This is not mutual respect at all you moronic snake-tongued muslim idiot; you're just demanding Christians stop their practices and follow your practices. If it was mutual respect you wouldn't be offended by Christians worshiping Jesus as well as god. It is YOU who is the disrespectful one here, don't twist it around to make you out as a victim.

Not to mention both of your religions are a load of shit, but yours is especially bad. Islam is a cancer that threatens progress and culture - the less muslims the better!

3 Likes

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by OtemAtum: 9:46am On May 10, 2017
olaric:
Faulkin(Zeusus Krista) of the Neanderthal period is not the son of God Almighty, but the adopted son of Yahweh(the god of Yacob). God ALMIGHTY don't have a particular son. All creatures are his children by virtue of belonging.
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by CyrusTheGreat: 9:57am On May 10, 2017
OtemAtum:
Faulkin(Zeusus Krista) of the Neanderthal period is not the son of God Almighty, but the adopted son of Yahweh(the god of Yacob). God ALMIGHTY don't have a particular son. All creatures are his children by virtue of belonging.

Lay off them drugs bro

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by OtemAtum: 10:18am On May 10, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

Lay off them drugs bro
Everybody sees everybody else as drug users when they are experiencing the world in different ways. It's accepted bro, but the truth is what I said up there. Faulkin(Zeusus Krista) isn't a direct son of God, but a son to one of the sons of God Almighty. Same way Sango, Zeus, Attis, Mithras, Otem Erectus and many others are.
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by kesmalindo(m): 4:51pm On May 10, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You say Muslims pray on the name of allah whom you say is the Arabic equivalent of the English word god.

So, what is the name of this allah?
according to him(Allah), he called himself 99 names. some includes, Ar-Rahman(The beneficent)
Al-Ghaffar(The Forgiver)
As-Salam(The source of peace)

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by EVarn(m): 5:01pm On May 10, 2017
I see nothing wrong in the OP,it is perfectly acceptable for the sake of mutual understanding and peace.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by iceboy4752(m): 5:14pm On May 10, 2017
olaric:
Oga are you sure? Check Matthew 13:57. grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by alBHAGDADI: 7:07pm On May 10, 2017
kesmalindo:
according to him(Allah), he called himself 99 names. some includes, Ar-Rahman(The beneficent)
Al-Ghaffar(The Forgiver)
As-Salam(The source of peace)
None of those names appear in the Bible nor was it ever recorded that the God of the Bible was called such. Isn't that a clue that allah is not the God of the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by ilynem(m): 7:34pm On May 10, 2017
kesmalindo:
Well, I see your point. I belong to a gathering of both Christians and Muslims. When we meet, a Christian opens the meeting with a prayer and a Muslim closes it or vice versa. Christians pray in Jesus name (Jesus actually says no one goes to the father but through him and we are bound to obey) while Muslims pray in Arabic we don't even understand. We do have a mutual understanding and no one feels disrespected.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by kesmalindo(m): 10:40pm On May 10, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
None of those names appear in the Bible nor was it ever recorded that the God of the Bible was called such. Isn't that a clue that allah is not the God of the Bible?
there is no where in the Bible God has bn regarded as the ever forgiving?
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by kesmalindo(m): 10:41pm On May 10, 2017
ilynem:

Well, I see your point. I belong to a gathering of both Christians and Muslims. When we meet, a Christian opens the meeting with a prayer and a Muslim closes it or vice versa. Christians pray in Jesus name (Jesus actually says no one goes to the father but through him and we are bound to obey) while Muslims pray in Arabic we don't even understand. We do have a mutual understanding and no one feels disrespected.
you can always ask for the meaning
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by Amberon: 3:18am On May 11, 2017
Is there anywhere.in the quran where allah said he's the ever loving?
kesmalindo:
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by ilynem(m): 4:37am On May 11, 2017
kesmalindo:
you can always ask for the meaning
It doesn't matter what it means or not. We give them their respect, they give us ours. Even if we knew the meaning we can't say Amen because it is not in the name of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by iceboy4752(m): 5:46am On May 11, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You said none of these Names? You mean the jealous god is not called by the name the most high? Or The giver and taker of life and others?

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by iceboy4752(m): 5:50am On May 11, 2017
Read Genesis 14:9, 20, 22, Deuteronomy 32:8, Numbers 24:16, Deuteronomy 32:39.
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by pressplay411(m): 5:50am On May 11, 2017
Amberon:
You were making sense before you said the bolded and it just shows how domineering you people are. So because of the presence of muslims us christians should compromise our prayers?

Jesus Christ is our God, and any prayer that is not done in the name of Jesus is a waste of time.

You cannot compel us to pray without saying "in Jesus name". In the same vein, you are not compelled to say Amen just as we also are not compelled to say amen to your prayers. But saying we should not pray in the name of Jesus in religious gatherings is insanity.

Speak for yourself when you say Jesus is your God cos I bet a whole lot of Christians will object to this.

Jesus never said he's God, but a mediator and son of God. Don't give Jesus a case to answer in heaven. Cos that's idolatry.
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by alBHAGDADI: 7:22am On May 11, 2017
kesmalindo:
Does ever forgiving make any sense to you with regards to allah? The same allah that can't wait for unbelievers to die before punishing them, but would rather tell muslims to kill them on earth is not a god worthy of such a title. He loves to see the sinners, wicked and unbelievers die.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

But the heavenly God of the Bible is not like that.

Ezekiel 18:23

"Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by kesmalindo(m): 10:11pm On May 21, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Does ever forgiving make any sense to you with regards to allah? The same allah that can't wait for unbelievers to die before punishing them, but would rather tell muslims to kill them on earth is not a god worthy of such a title. He loves to see the sinners, wicked and unbelievers die.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

But the heavenly God of the Bible is not like that.

Ezekiel 18:23

"Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live.
those who believe is different from sinners.... a believer might also be a sinner
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by lepasharon(f): 6:42am On May 22, 2017
What is the name of ur God? Allah is not a name
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by Amberon: 6:47am On May 22, 2017
There is everything wrong in the op. A prayer not done in the name of Jesus is not a prayer. They should focus on their god while we focus on ours.
EVarn:
I see nothing wrong in the OP,it is perfectly acceptable for the sake of mutual understanding and peace.

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by Amberon: 6:50am On May 22, 2017
There is no christian who doubts that Jesus is God.

You should focus on your Allah. Jesus is God and even God that father said so.
pressplay411:

Speak for yourself when you say Jesus is your God cos I bet a whole lot of Christians will object to this.

Jesus never said he's God, but a mediator and son of God. Don't give Jesus a case to answer in heaven. Cos that's idolatry.
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by Nobody: 10:31am On May 22, 2017
Amberon:
There is everything wrong in the op. A prayer not done in the name of Jesus is not a prayer. They should focus on their god while we focus on ours.

So Jesus is God ,right? Amber,please!read your bubel well and you will more than enough instances that Jesus refferes to a God

So if you feel Jesus is God then I can equate that to blasphemy mind you Muslims recognise Jesus a'a one of the prophets and a whole chapter was dedicated to his mum Maryam (as)..go on to also research that Muslims raised hell when davinci code was released
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by Amberon: 4:14pm On May 22, 2017
On the contrary you people are the ones blaspheming against Jesus by referring to him as a mere prophet because Mohammed plagiarized the bible and sold the falsehood of Jesus being a mere prophet to you guys.
nurshah:

So Jesus is God ,right? Amber,please!read your bubel well and you will more than enough instances that Jesus refferes to a God

So if you feel Jesus is God then I can equate that to blasphemy mind you Muslims recognise Jesus a'a one of the prophets and a whole chapter was dedicated to his mum Maryam (as)..go on to also research that Muslims raised hell when davinci code was released
Re: Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 22, 2017
Amberon:
On the contrary you people are the ones blaspheming against Jesus by referring to him as a mere prophet because Mohammed plagiarized the bible and sold the falsehood of Jesus being a mere prophet to you guys.

So you are asserting he is God?

(1) (2) (Reply)

To The Fools Who Say The Bible God Kills More People Than Satan / Jürgen Klopp: "Jesus Is The Most Important Person In History." / Top 5 Pagan Practices Of Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.