Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? (4790 Views)

For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This / AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2017
OtemAtum:
only the wise and very knowledgable people can understand it without blinking an eye.Do a little bit of Google checks.
Thank you sir.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by realmindz: 4:30pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

Hmmmm. And you keep skipping around the Bush. Are humans insignificant in this universe or not. Yes or no?
Now let us talk about insignificance for a moment. You mentioned Jesus dying in an insignificant village. First, might I point out, Jesus didn't die for the universe (you keep mentioning the fact it is 14 billion years old), He died for humans. Let's talk about insignificance for a moment.
A British soldier Tandey saved a man's life in world war 1 at an insignificant spot in this big mighty world. That man was Hitler and and over 60million people were killed by his actions.
Muslims claim only an insignificant number of them are radicals and yet the mighty world shakes at the threat of Isis, The Taliban and all other Islamic groups including your Boko Haram.
Someone somewhere decided to have sex in an insignificant village in Afghanistan and guess who the child was? Bin Laden.
What point i'm I trying to make? Just cuz Jesus was born in a small village called Bethlehem doesn't negate the fact that he died for u and I. It doesn't change anything. Big things start small. And probably at an insignificant spot where no one is even paying attention.

Don't deviate any further, just answer this question;

If your religion was that important to the universe, why wasn't it established the same time the universe had been?

If you have knowledge of the vastness of the universe, your reasoning will change and you will know the world is far bigger than your widest imaginations.

The reality is painful and difficult to accept, the universe has no need for your religion. It does not care whether it exists or not.

And please, Jesus the Jew did not die for me, he died for himself. I have no lineage to the Jews, I know my history.

1 Like

Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 4:35pm On May 13, 2017
realmindz:

Don't deviate any further, just answer this question;

If your religion was that important to the universe, why wasn't it established the same time the universe had been?

If you have knowledge of the vastness of the universe, your reasoning will change and you will know the world is far bigger than your widest imaginations.

The reality is painful and difficult to accept, the universe has no need for your religion. It does not care whether it exists or not.

And please, Jesus the Jew did not die for me, he died for himself. I have no lineage to the Jews, I know my history.
You keep calling the universe and I keep dragging you back to our planet. And I keep telling you, I don't follow religion. I follow God. Religion is not the important thing, God is. And my God is Jesus. The universe has no need for religion and that I agree with you. But it has every need for God.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by realmindz: 4:38pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

At first you say, my post made a lot of sense and I went "yippee! Someone who supports me" and then I read on and it just goes downhill from there. So where do I start?
The fact people claim to have serve the real god doesn't meant there is no real God. When there is a complex math problem, majority of us might fail it. But it doesn't mean there is no answer. It just means we have to be taught the right answer. Now you say this what causes division? I agree with you. Religion causes a lot of division but as I keep banging, Christianity is not a religion. You want division to end? Embrace Christianity. TRUE CHRISTIANITY because we are taught to love our enemies. To be at peace with them. Christ died for people who didn't even love him. We follow Christ and that is why even though people from the other religion keep killing Christians, true Christianity teaches us to show them love and not discriminate.
Now you say God doesn't want to be tested. Well, ya! That's why He's God. He has absolutely nothing to prove to you. If you create a computer, are you bound to the computer's will or is the computer bound to yours? God is not the one on trial, we are the ones on trial.
You want God to and evil in the world? Now there is a problem with ending evil. What do you qualify as evil? See, everything is Black or White. There is no middle ground. It's either good or evil. You want God to end evil? Then we are all going to die because everyday we commit evil. Whether it is as small as lying or as big as rapping or killing. Evil is evil. But of course, evil will end on the last day when Christ comes back.
The whole simple rule that brought up this debate. Love your neighbor as yourself. Do you know if we all followed this simple rule, there will be no boko haram or Isis. No starving children on the road, etc.
And finally. God isn't condemning all of us to hell. Hell is our choice. Like I said, its Black or white. Hell is made for the agents of Satan and Satan himself. If you are not an agent of God, then you are an agent of Satan. Black or white. It is your choice. Its either you get on your knees and say "Father, let your will be done" or you refuse to kneel and God tells you "your will be done".
You lose absolutely nothing in being a Christian. The teachings of Jesus (and his apostles), unadulterated holds the key to every problem in life. Stop looking at charlatans under the guise of men of God. Look at Jesus and your life will be so much better.
Modified: forgot your point on the universe. ERM...are you saying the universe has no beginning?

If Christianity is not a religion, it won't emphasize me worshipping a particular god whose name is Yahweh

You keep talking of love, but do you know your Yahweh gives no damn about love and all he wants is your worship as written in his first 4 commandments...
WORSHIP AND FEAR is the key message.
Love is unconditional and does not come with incentives nor threats.

WORSHIP AND FEAR =heaven
Disobey= hell

pls where's the love

1 Like

Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 4:44pm On May 13, 2017
realmindz:

If Christianity is not a religion, it won't emphasize me worshipping a particular god whose name is Yahweh

You keep talking of love, but do you know your Yahweh gives no damn about love and all he wants is your worship as written in his first 4 commandments...
WORSHIP AND FEAR is the key message.
Love is unconditional and does not come with incentives nor threats.

WORSHIP AND FEAR =heaven
Disobey= hell

pls where's the love
You didn't read my post. If you create something for a particular purpose and that thing refuses to fulfill that purpose what do you do? Many people will dump that thing. But God hasn't dumped you. He still loves you. And it is not His wish for you to go to hell. That's why you have people like me telling you about Him everyday. grin grin. Seriously through, what do you have to lose by serving God? Absolutely nothing. But you have a lot to gain. Hell is a choice. I keep saying it, it is not God's plan for you. It is your choice.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by realmindz: 4:45pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

You keep calling the universe and I keep dragging you back to our planet. And I keep telling you, I don't follow religion. I follow God. Religion is not the important thing, God is. And my God is Jesus. The universe has no need for religion and that I agree with you. But it has every need for God.

I keep taking you to the universe for a bigger view but it seems you can't handle it.

Okay let's zoom to the power of 10^100000000.....000 to a tiny insignificant portion of the universe, down to Yahweh's chosen galaxy, the milky way galaxy down to yahweh's chosen planet earth, down to Yahweh's chosen people, the Jew. where he would send his only son to die after 14 billion years of creating the universe.

Even this tiny little portion of the universe is far too old for your religion. The earth is about 4 billion years old, it is a product of the universe, Jesus was said to have come about 2000 years old, your religion is a product of that and it is insignificant to the earth.

Sorry bro, the earth has no need of your religion otherwise it would have been established along with the earth
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by Robynwelo1(f): 4:53pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

At first you say, my post made a lot of sense and I went "yippee! Someone who supports me" and then I read on and it just goes downhill from there. So where do I start?
The fact people claim to have serve the real god doesn't meant there is no real God. When there is a complex math problem, majority of us might fail it. But it doesn't mean there is no answer. It just means we have to be taught the right answer. Now you say this what causes division? I agree with you. Religion causes a lot of division but as I keep banging, Christianity is not a religion. You want division to end? Embrace Christianity. TRUE CHRISTIANITY because we are taught to love our enemies. To be at peace with them. Christ died for people who didn't even love him. We follow Christ and that is why even though people from the other religion keep killing Christians, true Christianity teaches us to show them love and not discriminate.
Now you say God doesn't want to be tested. Well, ya! That's why He's God. He has absolutely nothing to prove to you. If you create a computer, are you bound to the computer's will or is the computer bound to yours? God is not the one on trial, we are the ones on trial.
You want God to and evil in the world? Now there is a problem with ending evil. What do you qualify as evil? See, everything is Black or White. There is no middle ground. It's either good or evil. You want God to end evil? Then we are all going to die because everyday we commit evil. Whether it is as small as lying or as big as rapping or killing. Evil is evil. But of course, evil will end on the last day when Christ comes back.
The whole simple rule that brought up this debate. Love your neighbor as yourself. Do you know if we all followed this simple rule, there will be no boko haram or Isis. No starving children on the road, etc.
And finally. God isn't condemning all of us to hell. Hell is our choice. Like I said, its Black or white. Hell is made for the agents of Satan and Satan himself. If you are not an agent of God, then you are an agent of Satan. Black or white. It is your choice. Its either you get on your knees and say "Father, let your will be done" or you refuse to kneel and God tells you "your will be done".
You lose absolutely nothing in being a Christian. The teachings of Jesus (and his apostles), unadulterated holds the key to every problem in life. Stop looking at charlatans under the guise of men of God. Look at Jesus and your life will be so much better.
Modified: forgot your point on the universe. ERM...are you saying the universe has no beginning?

Wow! I like you a lot. You are quite humble and seem like a nice person. Back to my point.

Which religion claims that we should hate or kill our enemies? Every religion professes love but the background of it is fear and condemnation of people that do not believe in their religion. This is plain truth.

It is not the religion itself that is the problem most times, it is what comes with the religion. Pride, Superiority, division, narrow mindedness and Fear!
Let us understand that you do not even truly know your God, you only believe what a book that was handed over to you says, he has never spoken to you personally, same with others. Why would your God(not Allah, Ra or other gods) condemn people just because they do not believe he exist? does that not tell you something? Have you bothered reading the Jewish(old) testament? That God was definitely partial and wicked. He was just like Allah, until Jesus came and claimed he was God and started preaching message of love to win over people, but still the Jesus you think you know might not even be the real Jesus or his real message, reason being that he never wrote or prescribed a book for you to follow, he never built a church or made his message very clear, so he came to cause confusion. He said he came to die for our sins, that is the most obscure statement ever. Whoever does not believe in him will perish. Have you bothered reading the four accounts of Jesus resurrection in the bible? It's like they were confused, too many errors to even take it serious.

I want you to read this. it's one of my post describing the fallacy of the bible and religion
Wrong. The Christian doctrine is based on falsehood and can never be true. The Christian doctrine does not even explain everything one needs to know therefore it is incomplete.
What does the doctrine say about gay rights?
what does it say about family planning?
what does it say about modern medicine?
what does it say about evolution?
politics? education?
NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL!
How then can we work by the Christian doctrine? If the doctrine was made available only few years ago to select few, how were others living?
Christainity is not what is making the society even half good, it along with other religion are what makes it bad. If you say a true adherence to Christianity would make the world a better place, then
What is Christianity? given by the thousand and one sect it has been left undefined
Why is there a divide between it and other religion? would you marry or associate with others from another?
Why does Christianity leave people in fear and not freedom?
Why are the leaders corrupt?
Where are the good people without sin?
This only makes me understand that the difference between Christians and non believers is that although both can sin, but the Christians will be pardoned because they believe Jesus is God.
C'mon, if Christianity was really what you said at least we could have seen a difference among it's members and leaders, or is it by bugging people in their homes and streets to believe in their God? Why did God not keep his church as one as the bible said? Why does the holy ghost fall on every one to speak in tongues yet cannot fall in their hearts and lives? why are we not seeing the blind that saw and the lame that walked? Think twice!
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2017
realmindz:

I keep taking you to the universe for a bigger view but it seems you can't handle it.

Okay let's zoom to the power of 10^100000000.....000 to a tiny insignificant portion of the universe, down to Yahweh's chosen galaxy, the milky way galaxy down to yahweh's chosen planet earth, down to Yahweh's chosen people, the Jew. where he would send his only son to die after 14 billion years of creating the universe.

Even this tiny little portion of the universe is far too old for your religion. The earth is about 4 billion years old, it is a product of the universe, Jesus was said to have come about 2000 years old, your religion is a product of that and it is insignificant to the earth.

Sorry bro, the earth has no need of your religion otherwise it would have been established along with the earth

I really want to slap my own face because you keep dragging me back to religion. God didn't start with religion. I am pointing you to God. Not religion. I have agreed with you. The earth, the galaxy, the universe does not need religion. But they need GOD. Religion is man made but Christianity is the Christ way of life. People followed God way before Christ was born. Christ only brought about a new dispensation. We no longer live under the old law but under grace. God is the IT factor not Religion.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by Robynwelo1(f): 5:09pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

I really want to slap my own face because you keep dragging me back to religion. God didn't start with religion. I am pointing you to God. Not religion. I have agreed with you. The earth, the galaxy, the universe does not need religion. But they need GOD. Religion is man made but Christianity is the Christ way of life. People followed God way before Christ was born. Christ only brought about a new dispensation. We no longer live under the old law but under grace. God is the IT factor not Religion.

Okay oh. Christianity is not religion, we have heard. Thank you.
What is Christianity?
Why are Christians fighting over themselves?
Among the Christians are you Catholic, baptist, Pentecostal, just name it.
Which of them teaches the right thing?
What makes you think the world needs YOUR God?
What does he help us to do?
What happens to the Jews since they do not believe in Jesus?
The Muslims? traditionalists?
What happens to people like me that do not believe in God?

I need these answers.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by blexyz1: 5:18pm On May 13, 2017
cheesy Abeg take it easy on the guy na. Shuu?

Robynwelo1:

What is Christianity?

I need these answers.

grin
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by realmindz: 5:18pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

ok we need god, then it has to be the Christian version....ok now i understand your delusion.

case closed

1 Like

Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by Robynwelo1(f): 7:13pm On May 13, 2017
realmindz:

ok we need god, then it has to be the CHRISTIAN VERSION....ok now i understand your delusion.

case closed

grin
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 7:20pm On May 13, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Wow! I like you a lot. You are quite humble and seem like a nice person. Back to my point.

Which religion claims that we should hate or kill our enemies? Every religion professes love but the background of it is fear and condemnation of people that do not believe in their religion. This is plain truth.

It is not the religion itself that is the problem most times, it is what comes with the religion. Pride, Superiority, division, narrow mindedness and Fear!
Let us understand that you do not even truly know your God, you only believe what a book that was handed over to you says, he has never spoken to you personally, same with others. Why would your God(not Allah, Ra or other gods) condemn people just because they do not believe he exist? does that not tell you something? Have you bothered reading the Jewish(old) testament? That God was definitely partial and wicked. He was just like Allah, until Jesus came and claimed he was God and started preaching message of love to win over people, but still the Jesus you think you know might not even be the real Jesus or his real message, reason being that he never wrote or prescribed a book for you to follow, he never built a church or made his message very clear, so he came to cause confusion. He said he came to die for our sins, that is the most obscure statement ever. Whoever does not believe in him will perish. Have you bothered reading the four accounts of Jesus resurrection in the bible? It's like they were confused, too many errors to even take it serious.

I want you to read this. it's one of my post describing the fallacy of the bible and religion
Wrong. The Christian doctrine is based on falsehood and can never be true. The Christian doctrine does not even explain everything one needs to know therefore it is incomplete.
What does the doctrine say about gay rights?
what does it say about family planning?
what does it say about modern medicine?
what does it say about evolution?
politics? education?
NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL!
How then can we work by the Christian doctrine? If the doctrine was made available only few years ago to select few, how were others living?
Christainity is not what is making the society even half good, it along with other religion are what makes it bad. If you say a true adherence to Christianity would make the world a better place, then
What is Christianity? given by the thousand and one sect it has been left undefined
Why is there a divide between it and other religion? would you marry or associate with others from another?
Why does Christianity leave people in fear and not freedom?
Why are the leaders corrupt?
Where are the good people without sin?
This only makes me understand that the difference between Christians and non believers is that although both can sin, but the Christians will be pardoned because they believe Jesus is God.
C'mon, if Christianity was really what you said at least we could have seen a difference among it's members and leaders, or is it by bugging people in their homes and streets to believe in their God? Why did God not keep his church as one as the bible said? Why does the holy ghost fall on every one to speak in tongues yet cannot fall in their hearts and lives? why are we not seeing the blind that saw and the lame that walked? Think twice!

Your post is quite long so I might skip some points. Please call me back if I mistakenly skip any point. Just saw your profile. Benin city! Koyo ma. Now let's talk.
First you say which religion says we shouldn't love our enemies? I don't think you have read the Koran. Let's skip the part where it says kill the unbelievers and let them find in you hardness. Let's look at this passage:
Qur’an 3:31-32: [O Muhammad]: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Say: Obey Allah and the Apostle; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.
Allah does not love the unbelievers. So why should their followers love the unbelievers??
2 Timothy 1:7 says: For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Christianity isn't built around fear of not serving God. If you create something for a purpose and that thing refuses to serve that purpose what do you do? Many of us will discard it or throw it in the trash. But God gives us chance after chance after chance to acknowledge Him as our Lord and saviour.
Note this! Every MAJOR religion does not claim an exclusive God. They claim the same God but approach Him in different ways. The difference is the fundamental teachings of this same God by the various religions.
Of course you say pride, narrow mindedness, division and all that comes with religion. But TRUE Christianity doesn't give room for all those things you have listed.
And how are you sure my God hasn't spoken to me personally? I don't expect you to believe it, because I won't believe it if I was arguing from your point of view but yes! He has.
Now let's talk about the old testament for a while. Even I have struggled with it for along time. Believe me, sometimes I am reading It and I am asking myself, is this the same God in the new testament? But we need to understand that while God is merciful and loving, He is also Just. The wages of sin is death. Let's put it this way. What do you hate most? If someone comes into your house and kills your whole family (God forbid) and does the most unimaginable things to your sisters (God again forbids). How do you feel? What you feel is not even a percent of what God feels towards sin. His nature is Holy. Sin contradicts that nature. He have laws in the old testament to people He created and kept breaking those laws and sinning. Think about it for a moment. If God doesn't punish these people He isn't a Just God.
But again, He is a merciful God. How can one be both Just and merciful? Christianity is the only faith where Justice and Mercy meets. Because He is just and who ever sins has to die, He comes to die in our stead out of mercy. So Justice and Mercy takes place at the same time. Its not as absurd as you think.
Now Jesus left a clear message and this message was recorded by His followers. Now if the four gospels said the exact same things in them, we could as well throw three of them away and keep just one. But the gospels are accounts written by people and what one leaves out, the other fills in. There are no contradictions or errors. One of these days we will talk about the four gospels and you will see how these four writers viewed Jesus from different lenses.
So what does the Bible say about gay rights? The bible clearly sees homosexuality as a grave sin. Leviticus 18:22, Romans 1: 26-27. It is a sin according to the Bible. But! We are taught to hate the sin and not the sinner. There is absolutely no compulsion in the Christian faith. You are free to be whatever you want to be. God has given you that free will. But it is still a sin. So if you want gay rights, it is your right! But it doesn't change the fact it is a sin.
What does the Bible say about family planning? I give you 1 Timothy 5:8. "But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
Now while the Bible tells us Children are a gift from God and we should multiply and subdue the earth, it also warns us in Timothy that we must be able to provide for members of our household. What does that tell you, give birth to the number of children you can provide for.
Now talking about medicine and education, the bible is in support of us acquiring knowledge.
Proverbs 18:15 - An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me.
God says His people are dying for lack of knowledge. *cough* *many Nigerian Christians* *cough*.
As Christians we are encouraged to seek knowledge. Christians aren't supposed to be ignorant. Inventions are encouraged. Luke was a physician, he wasn't discouraged. God encourages medicine. Is there no balm in Gilead?
As for evolution? That disagrees with my faith so we don't believe in it. But there is a twist in the creation story that supports evolution. I don't believe it though, but if you wish, I will tell you but I believe its nonsense because it raises even more questions.
As for politics, Romans 13 clearly teaches us to be subject to those in authority. The whole idea of separation of Church and state came from Jesus himself in Matthew 22:17-21.
Finally, you say Christianity can't make the world a better place, so I ask you again. Is there any single teaching of Jesus and His followers that you can term immoral? And finally. The thousands of christian sects is actually not an issue. Unity doesn't have to be uniformity. They might have different secondary doctrines, but the BASIC primary doctrine is what matters. And that is the fact that Jesus is God and He died for our sins and rose again on the third day. Any other thing from that is not Christianity.
Finally, finally! There are good atheists. There are bad atheists. There are also good Christians. There are also bad Christians. Don't fault Christianity from the actions of bad Christians. Jesus is the poster boy for my faith. Not any pastor or prophet or priest. The rest of us try to be Christlike. We might do bad things cuz we still have the flesh. That doesn't make the faith bad. Look to the teachings not the followers.
Uwese
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 7:23pm On May 13, 2017
realmindz:

ok we need god, then it has to be the Christian version....ok now i understand your delusion.

case closed
There is no christian version or Muslim version. Every religion tries to reach the Same God. Many of them just do it the wrong way. Jesus says, no one goes to the father but through me. Other religions reject this and this where we differ. Any path that doesn't go through Jesus leads to a dead end even though they think it leads to God. There are no many Gods, just one.
And of obeying the moral teachings of Jesus which makes me an infinitely better person is delusion? Then I like it grin
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by OtemAtum: 7:31pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

There is no christian version or Muslim version. Every religion tries to reach the Same God. Many of them just do it the wrong way. Jesus says, no one goes to the father but through me. Other religions reject this and this where we differ. Any path that doesn't go through Jesus leads to a dead end even though they think it leads to God. There are no many Gods, just one.
And of obeying the moral teachings of Jesus which makes me an infinitely better person is delusion? Then I like it grin
So if I say that no one comes to my father but through me,does that make my father God?

1 Like

Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 7:47pm On May 13, 2017
Robynwelo1:

What is Christianity?

I need these answers.

Ah! It's her again. I have to say, your questions are quite tough and am not much of a Bible scholar. cheesy wink wink cheesy grin
OK. Let's take them one by one.
What is Christianity?
It is the Christ way of life. Religion cages you in all aspects of life. Gives you laws. Don't eat this, don't wear this, etc. In the Christian faith we believe Christ came to show us the way to live. Then paid for all our sins. Past, present and future. We are no longer bound by laws we work in grace. That is freedom.
Denomination. Denomination is good in the sense that it helps the gospel spread faster. But If not checked, can bring division. All denominations agree on one thing though and that is the most important. Jesus is God. He died and rose again for our sins and is coming back again. Any denomination that doesn't agree is not Christianity. Many Christians argue over things that really don't matter. Every Catholic would agree that first he or she is a Christian, before he or she is a Catholic and that is what matters.
Am I catholic? Pentecostal?
Well, my friends call me a church prostitute because I do not belong to any church. I go to any church that preaches the unadulterated word of God. Like I said in my other post, unity doesn't have to be uniformity.
Like I said before. As long as they understand the fundamental basics of the Christian Faith, then every other thing is secondary.
What makes me think the world needs my God?
ERM...yes he is my God. But He is also every one's God. He created the world. The world needs its creator.
What does He help us do?
Everything. But of course, as an atheist, you will doubt this. So let's not drag this on.
Well, God is triune. People believe the trinity is a new testament thing but trust me, it is littered everywhere on the old testament. The same old testament the Jews have. John 3:16. Who so ever believes in JESUS will not perish but have everlasting life. I will leave that for you.
Muslims? Traditionalists?
Well, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. They reject Jesus so they have chosen to go to hell.
And as for people like you. I sincerely do like you a lot. And I just have this to say. You have absolutely nothing to lose by believing in Jesus and everything to lose by not believing in Him. Jesus doesn't stop you from being the good person that you are. He even makes you better. He demands a relationship with you, one that is not for His good but for your good. You curse Him, hate him, don't believe in Him, He still loves and cares for you. What does Christianity stop you from achieving? What does it stop you from getting in life? You have nothing to lose my dear. The proof of God's existence is like proof of civilization. No matter what I show you, its not enough proof. But the proof is in the experience. When you experience Jesus, you will see His touch all around you. Unlike Religion, Christianity doesn't limit you. It actually gives you hope to thrive further in life. There are times the only thing that kept me going is my faith. Atheism takes that hope away. It still your choice though. There is absolutely no compulsion In Christianity.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 7:48pm On May 13, 2017
OtemAtum:
So if I say that no one comes to my father but through me,does that make my father God?
Sir, I really don't know what to say. But you absolutely confuse me.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by OtemAtum: 8:08pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

Sir, I really don't know what to say. But you absolutely confuse me.
OK my own spiritual father is Atum, a brother to Yahweh.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by Robynwelo1(f): 8:24pm On May 13, 2017
@Ilynem
This is gonna hurt
Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Well, this just one of the many deaths and killings in the bible. Old testament you say? I am sure he is the same God right? I mean Jesus or he changed his mind. What about the apostle that struck sapphira and her husband because the lied about their property and made everyone quiver with fear?

Trust me, even Islam and Judaism practice love and evolve. But the background of all religion is nothing to write home about cause they are fables or lies.

Christianity is toxic because it puts fear in peoples minds that they would be condemned for every of their slight mistake or sin. It makes people abandon their families, business in the hope of making HEAVEN that they cannot even give a clear description of. It is a waste effective strategy, as it consumes people's time, money and energy. It gives people false hope, they do not want justice anymore, they cannot fight for their rights because they had given their will to God. It gives people false security, God is protecting me, christians are dying everyday and they cannot wake up to understand that you have to be extra cautious in what you do, some persons all in the name of God do not go to the hospital for check ups or treatment because they believe they are under the amour of God. Family planning, cut me with all the crap verses you provided. The Catholic church for example disallows the use of condom and contraceptives.

MARRIAGE! this one is frightening. Women are dying in the name of religion in the hands of their husbands and in laws. Why?

INSECURITY! Another frightening one, I could even call it ignorance. Enemies everywhere they go, Enemies. What ever happens to them is their enemy's fault or the devil. Their lack of progress is their grandmother's fault. Yes religion caused that. it make everyone believe in forces that are not there.

Thieves! Christianity caused that. God caused that. He couldn't even keep his church one, now people are fleeing from on thief to the other asking for miracle for their stupidity and those thieves are flying around in private jet.

You said it doesn't matter about the sect you belong to. I can as well call you gullible. You all condemn yourselves trust me if not you won't be converting another converted Christian to your own church. Is the holy spirit confused or is he confusing people to believe in different things? why doesn't he just tell everyone the truth?

It seems you didn't read those four accounts after the death of Jesus by four persons you do not even know or their names even and where not even among the twelve disciples of Christ talking about what happened during and after the life of Jesus. It must be the confused holy spirit that directed them. Did you really read them or your pastor gave it some meaning. Go back and spot just ten ridiculous difference in those four accounts on the resurrection of Jesus.

How can you believe so much in something filled with so many errors? How do you know the bible is not just something crafted by very creative people? Why do even the jews have a different story about Jesus? Why does every one including the Muslims have a different story? Don't you see that some group of people settled down to pick some bunch of letters that made sense to them? Why do you hold that incomplete book as your final authority?

P.S. it was not God talking to you, it was your mind that had been fed with so much lies and deceit since you were a kid.

2 Likes

Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by niyihawking(m): 8:39pm On May 13, 2017
Robynwelo1:

This made sense a lot. It is true that every little piece, every quantum is important and the causal effect is important whether large or small.
But this does not have to do with anything discussed here, you are just deviating. Christianity whether you like it or not, still remains just one part of the society and your 'God' still remains just one of countless gods. Everyone, I mean everyone holds their god to high esteem, everyone believing theirs is superior, does that make it true?
This is what is causing division in the society and I call it bullshit.
God( i mean your own) doesn't want to be tested yet he is testing his people. Why would he want to condemn those that do not believe in him regardless of if they are good people. Why doesn't he just reveal himself to everybody and stop the crisis? why does he let his people and other good people suffer? There are so many questions to be answered.
The bottom line is he doesn't exist. Also you have a really myopic mind to think the universe must have been created. Because we exist then someone must have caused it. LOL! why not SOME PEOPLE? Something? Well every other religion seems to think their god created them, maybe it's a bunch of gods that did the magic together and we are down here fighting... Jeez, what a book can cause!

I think your God should reveal himself to everyone and stop all this confusion. He seems to like a lot of drama.
you are sensible
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 8:54pm On May 13, 2017
OtemAtum:
OK my own spiritual father is Atum, a brother to Yahweh.
angry angry grin. Wow! Tell me more.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by niyihawking(m): 8:57pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

Christianity is not a religion kwa?
but you(Christians) gather every Sunday to sing and dance to your god.

Christianity is not a religion but you go to bible study, organized revival just to garner favor from your god.

I think you Christians should stop displaying your ignorance and stop disrespecting the word 'religion'

if you don't know what religion is, please pick up a dictionary.

@the bolded, no division but you people have over a thousand denominations each having their own doctrines all from just one book. Don't even give me the true Christianity BS.

if you really are a lover of peace, You should join Buddhism(world most peaceful religion) or you join the church of FSM(religion that for now, has zero record of violence).
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by Robynwelo1(f): 9:15pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

Ah! It's her again. I have to say, your questions are quite tough and am not much of a Bible scholar. cheesy wink wink cheesy grin
OK. Let's take them one by one.
What is Christianity?
It is the Christ way of life. Religion cages you in all aspects of life. Gives you laws. Don't eat this, don't wear this, etc. In the Christian faith we believe Christ came to show us the way to live. Then paid for all our sins. Past, present and future. We are no longer bound by laws we work in grace. That is freedom.
Denomination. Denomination is good in the sense that it helps the gospel spread faster. But If not checked, can bring division. All denominations agree on one thing though and that is the most important. Jesus is God. He died and rose again for our sins and is coming back again. Any denomination that doesn't agree is not Christianity. Many Christians argue over things that really don't matter. Every Catholic would agree that first he or she is a Christian, before he or she is a Catholic and that is what matters.
Am I catholic? Pentecostal?
Well, my friends call me a church prostitute because I do not belong to any church. I go to any church that preaches the unadulterated word of God. Like I said in my other post, unity doesn't have to be uniformity.
Like I said before. As long as they understand the fundamental basics of the Christian Faith, then every other thing is secondary.
What makes me think the world needs my God?
ERM...yes he is my God. But He is also every one's God. He created the world. The world needs its creator.
What does He help us do?
Everything. But of course, as an atheist, you will doubt this. So let's not drag this on.
Well, God is triune. People believe the trinity is a new testament thing but trust me, it is littered everywhere on the old testament. The same old testament the Jews have. John 3:16. Who so ever believes in JESUS will not perish but have everlasting life. I will leave that for you.
Muslims? Traditionalists?
Well, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. They reject Jesus so they have chosen to go to hell.
And as for people like you. I sincerely do like you a lot. And I just have this to say. You have absolutely nothing to lose by believing in Jesus and everything to lose by not believing in Him. Jesus doesn't stop you from being the good person that you are. He even makes you better. He demands a relationship with you, one that is not for His good but for your good. You curse Him, hate him, don't believe in Him, He still loves and cares for you. What does Christianity stop you from achieving? What does it stop you from getting in life? You have nothing to lose my dear. The proof of God's existence is like proof of civilization. No matter what I show you, its not enough proof. But the proof is in the experience. When you experience Jesus, you will see His touch all around you. Unlike Religion, Christianity doesn't limit you. It actually gives you hope to thrive further in life. There are times the only thing that kept me going is my faith. Atheism takes that hope away. It still your choice though. There is absolutely no compulsion In Christianity.

Just few months or should I say weeks, I stopped believing in God. I wanted to know Him more and I ended up unknowing him. I used to be a terrific fighter of my faith, If anyone told me then that in a million years I would stop believing in God, in fact that would be impossible.
Here I am today, shocked that I have been deceived all my life. It took me a very long time to conclude and a very extensive research. Trust me it wasn't easy, I kept praying that it shouldn't be real until I felt numb, but reality struck me hard.

My advice is this, according to my faith(Catholic), it isn't a sin to doubt God. I was told it was a huge sin by some of my friends until I realized that why would God make doubting his existence a sin? it's not like the evidence is so clear. I also asked myself would God condemn his creatures just because they do not believe in him regardless of if they are good people. I also asked myself, would I be happy if I go to heaven and the rest of my family and friend are in hell? I also asked myself, what about the Muslims that have been so good to me. What about the hemaphrodites, the people born with disabilities, the gay people? Why is there so much suffering and persecution? why does he let bad people have their way and the good people suffer? why does he let the good people turn bad? Why doesn't he just reveal himself to us all so we don't doubt. If he truly loved us will he condemn us for our one or two sins?

Then I discovered science and it made way more sense to me about the evolution of man, the planets, plants and animals... Then I discovered a lot of errors in the bible. The old testament was even laughable like the oduduwa tales we heard in schools.

We are humans and we cannot think beyond our capacity especially when our life here is very short, so we instill all our hope in a foreign or higher power. It is normal for EVERYBODY, that is why there are gods everywhere, but hey! people once thought the earth was flat.

What I am saying is as time goes on and technology keeps coming and the world keeps surviving, we humans will not have the need to consult a book to tell us the earth revolves round the sun in a year and rotates on it's axis. We wouldn't need a book to tell us that global warming is real.

But seriously, with all the evil going on in this world why has rapture not taken place, what is he waiting for?

Another thing that bugs me is animals, plants and micro organisms, when they die, where are they off to?

It's really really hard to get over this thing called religion, Christianity, but the world needs to get over it to allow true progress.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 9:38pm On May 13, 2017
Robynwelo1:
@Ilynem
This is gonna hurt
Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Well, this just one of the many deaths and killings in the bible. Old testament you say? I am sure he is the same God right? I mean Jesus or he changed his mind. What about the apostle that struck sapphira and her husband because the lied about their property and made everyone quiver with fear?

Trust me, even Islam and Judaism practice love and evolve. But the background of all religion is nothing to write home about cause they are fables or lies.

Christianity is toxic because it puts fear in peoples minds that they would be condemned for every of their slight mistake or sin. It makes people abandon their families, business in the hope of making HEAVEN that they cannot even give a clear description of. It is a waste effective strategy, as it consumes people's time, money and energy. It gives people false hope, they do not want justice anymore, they cannot fight for their rights because they had given their will to God. It gives people false security, God is protecting me, christians are dying everyday and they cannot wake up to understand that you have to be extra cautious in what you do, some persons all in the name of God do not go to the hospital for check ups or treatment because they believe they are under the amour of God. Family planning, cut me with all the crap verses you provided. The Catholic church for example disallows the use of condom and contraceptives.

MARRIAGE! this one is frightening. Women are dying in the name of religion in the hands of their husbands and in laws. Why?

INSECURITY! Another frightening one, I could even call it ignorance. Enemies everywhere they go, Enemies. What ever happens to them is their enemy's fault or the devil. Their lack of progress is their grandmother's fault. Yes religion caused that. it make everyone believe in forces that are not there.

Thieves! Christianity caused that. God caused that. He couldn't even keep his church one, now people are fleeing from on thief to the other asking for miracle for their stupidity and those thieves are flying around in private jet.

You said it doesn't matter about the sect you belong to. I can as well call you gullible. You all condemn yourselves trust me if not you won't be converting another converted Christian to your own church. Is the holy spirit confused or is he confusing people to believe in different things? why doesn't he just tell everyone the truth?

It seems you didn't read those four accounts after the death of Jesus by four persons you do not even know or their names even and where not even among the twelve disciples of Christ talking about what happened during and after the life of Jesus. It must be the confused holy spirit that directed them. Did you really read them or your pastor gave it some meaning. Go back and spot just ten ridiculous difference in those four accounts on the resurrection of Jesus.

How can you believe so much in something filled with so many errors? How do you know the bible is not just something crafted by very creative people? Why do even the jews have a different story about Jesus? Why does every one including the Muslims have a different story? Don't you see that some group of people settled down to pick some bunch of letters that made sense to them? Why do you hold that incomplete book as your final authority?

P.S. it was not God talking to you, it was your mind that had been fed with so much lies and deceit since you were a kid.
Well, I was waiting for the hostile language and the total disrespect for my beliefs and I wasn't disappointed. The problem with some atheists is that they have the mentality that Christians are just a bunch of nitwits, totally devoid of knowledge and full of ignorance. And then they try to downplay our beliefs as delusion. And this is exactly what you are doing. But trust me, I am not offended. You seem to know a lot about the Bible but it hurts me you do not understand it. From the passage the quoted, I asked you a question how you would feel is someone killed your whole family. That is nothing compared to what God feels about sin. God gave a law to a particular people and that law is when you sin you die. If Shekau is caught tonight, you will be the first to call for his death? Right? Does that make you wicked?
Realise that God is love. He is also a consuming fire.
You now go ahead to explain my Christianity is toxic. Please my faith doesn't stop anyone from applying common sense. Don't judge my faith with ignorant Christians. Study the Bible and judge from its teachings. And I don't attack other Christians. That is very un Christlike. There are people who try to convert one person to their church but that is just plain wrong. I believe in fishing from the sea, not from the boat. Don't blame God for the actions of men my dear. You keep pointing me to Christians getting it wrong, I will keep pointing you to Jesus.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 9:55pm On May 13, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Just few months or should I say weeks, I stopped believing in God. I wanted to know Him more and I ended up unknowing him. I used to be a terrific fighter of my faith, If anyone told me then that in a million years I would stop believing in God, in fact that would be impossible.
Here I am today, shocked that I have been deceived all my life. It took me a very long time to conclude and a very extensive research. Trust me it wasn't easy, I kept praying that it shouldn't be real until I felt numb, but reality struck me hard.

My advice is this, according to my faith(Catholic), it isn't a sin to doubt God. I was told it was a huge sin by some of my friends until I realized that why would God make doubting his existence a sin? it's not like the evidence is so clear. I also asked myself would God condemn his creatures just because they do not believe in him regardless of if they are good people. I also asked myself, would I be happy if I go to heaven and the rest of my family and friend are in hell? I also asked myself, what about the Muslims that have been so good to me. What about the hemaphrodites, the people born with disabilities, the gay people? Why is there so much suffering and persecution? why does he let bad people have their way and the good people suffer? why does he let the good people turn bad? Why doesn't he just reveal himself to us all so we don't doubt. If he truly loved us will he condemn us for our one or two sins?

Then I discovered science and it made way more sense to me about the evolution of man, the planets, plants and animals... Then I discovered a lot of errors in the bible. The old testament was even laughable like the oduduwa tales we heard in schools.

We are humans and we cannot think beyond our capacity especially when our life here is very short, so we instill all our hope in a foreign or higher power. It is normal for EVERYBODY, that is why there are gods everywhere, but hey! people once thought the earth was flat.

What I am saying is as time goes on and technology keeps coming and the world keeps surviving, we humans will not have the need to consult a book to tell us the earth revolves round the sun in a year and rotates on it's axis. We wouldn't need a book to tell us that global warming is real.

But seriously, with all the evil going on in this world why has rapture not taken place, what is he waiting for?

Another thing that bugs me is animals, plants and micro organisms, when they die, where are they off to?

It's really really hard to get over this thing called religion, Christianity, but the world needs to get over it to allow true progress.
From your replies I had suggested you were a good Christian. You raised many questions and sought for answers. The question is, where do you search for these answers? I went through a phase of my life where I wondered if God was even there. Now while your doubts took you far from God, mine drew me closer. You ask why there is so much evil in the world? The highest moral ethic God has given us is the ethic of Love. If God has given us love, there should be a choice not to love. Otherwise it becomes compulsion. Evil is as a result of people who have chosen not to love. It is not wrong to ask questions, but when you do, ask with an open mind. Ask yourself, what if this ilynem dude is right? If you are right, I have lost nothing. My faith doesn't stop me from enjoying my life to the fullest. It doesn't stop me from being good or close minded. I have nothing to lose. There are lots of questions you have that I might not be able to answer over this platform. But if you really have an open mind, then we will talk better.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by Robynwelo1(f): 10:38pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

From your replies I had suggested you were a good Christian. You raised many questions and sought for answers. The question is, where do you search for these answers? I went through a phase of my life where I wondered if God was even there. Now while your doubts took you far from God, mine drew me closer. You ask why there is so much evil in the world? The highest moral ethic God has given us is the ethic of Love. If God has given us love, there should be a choice not to love. Otherwise it becomes compulsion. Evil is as a result of people who have chosen not to love. It is not wrong to ask questions, but when you do, ask with an open mind. Ask yourself, what if this ilynem dude is right? If you are right, I have lost nothing. My faith doesn't stop me from enjoying my life to the fullest. It doesn't stop me from being good or close minded. I have nothing to lose. There are lots of questions you have that I might not be able to answer over this platform. But if you really have an open mind, then we will talk better.

Well you have only shown that I should live by fear because, 'what if there is God?'. That is what is wrong with mankind today. They do not want to ask questions, they do not care enough. They are not ambitious, they want to remain where they are because they have been living 'okay' that way. So I should enslave myself so that 'incase'? You do not want to find out the truth as long as you feel you are on the safe side.

Let me tell you what is wrong with your post; Selfishness! You are thinking only of yourself. I am thinking of everyone and the damage religion has caused in this world. I shouldn't fight against what is wrong and be on a 'safe side' just in case what is wrong is right.

In this case, it is not just two sides, but millions of sides. Nobody is aware of the afterlife, but we are here on earth. Here, is what matters and I am propagating oneness and truth.

If you do not value truth, you can remain on your side for the fear of the wrought of your God. I, who value truth, will continue to seek for it until I find it and will not be put in bondage by fear or fiction.

1 Like

Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 10:56pm On May 13, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Well you have only shown that I should live by fear because, 'what if there is God?'. That is what is wrong mankind today. They do not want to ask questions, they do not care enough. They are not ambitious, they want to remain where they are because they have been living 'okay' that way. So I should enslave myself so that 'incase'? You do not want to find out the truth as long as you feel you are on the safe side.

Let me tell you what is wrong with your post; Selfishness! You are thinking only of yourself. I am think of everyone and the damage religion has caused in this world. I shouldn't fight against what is wrong and be on a 'safe side' just in case what is wrong is right.

In this case, it is not just two sides, but millions of sides. Nobody is aware of the afterlife, but we are here on earth. Here is what matters and I am propagating oneness and truth.

If you do not value truth, you can remain on your side for the fear of the wrought of your God. I, who value truth, will continue to seek for it until I find it and will not be put in bondage by fear or fiction.

Thought you had slept grin . I asked that question not to instill fear in you but so you can be more open minded about things. While you listen to Richard Dawkins, also listen to Ravi Zacharias so you can have a balanced knowledge and weigh both. Only this way can you come to a conclusion.
And yes! We are on the same side. Fighting the damage religion has caused. You keep pointing me to bad people who commit atrocities under the guise of religion, I keep pointing you to Jesus. I don't need no pastor to tell me what is right or wrong. I can meet them for more understanding, but after that, I weigh what they teach me. Does it agree with Jesus' teachings. If it doesn't, I throw it away. And I will say it again and again. Christianity enslaves no one. It sets you free. We are actually on the same side. We want the same thing. You are just in denial that you can find it in Christianity because you have met some really bad Christians.
Let me advice you sister. It is absolutely perfect to search for truth. But don't close the Bible when doing that. You will be surprised at the number of questions that book answers.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:31am On May 14, 2017
ilynem:

. I don't need no pastor to tell me what is right or wrong. I can meet them for more understanding, but after that, I weigh what they teach me. Does it agree with Jesus' teachings. If it doesn't, I throw it away.

why do you need to weigh it with the teachings of Jesus to see if they agree first?... if you already know the teachings of Jesus, why then go to the pastor to get his opinion and weigh to see if they agree... if you are a follower of Jesus, why then do you need to weigh the pastors teachings with that of Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by Robynwelo1(f): 6:39am On May 14, 2017
Wilgrea7:

why do you need to weigh it with the teachings of Jesus to see if they agree first?... if you already know the teachings of Jesus, why then go to the pastor to get his opinion and weigh to see if they agree... if you are a follower of Jesus, why then do you need to weigh the pastors teachings with that of Jesus?

He is just one of the many Christians that are blind but think they can see. That is why thousands of churches are opening everyday, with people thinking they have been called by God. I know the bible well and I can tell that the bible does not explain ANYTHING! it only tells you to forget everything and look unto God.

I want to know now what he knows about this his bible that has become the final authority.

Please answer these questions;
1. Where did the bible come from?
2. Who wrote all the books in the new testament.
3. Does the bible answer all questions?
4. Is the bible free from errors?
5. When did the bible come into existence?
6. Who made the bible?

For something you trust in so much, you must know it so well.

1 Like

Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by orisa37: 7:20am On May 14, 2017
OtemAtum:
Everybody is trying to prove that his own god is the greatest. The gods themselves don't intervene when you abuse the hell out of them, but humans are the ones getting emotionally hurt and bitter against those who mock their gods.

In a bid to make people stop mocking their gods, humans began to tell fearful stories of how their gods destroyed the people speaking against them with earthquakes, Thunder, flood, disasters, smelling mouths, death, famine, drought, etc. Well, these kinds of well-thought craftiness paid off in some cases, because the world is filled with 99% gullible people and 1% ingullible ones.

Here are some of the stories they made up to put the gullible in fear and submission:

1. Sango destroyed his antagonists with thunder when they said that he hanged himself.
2. Yahweh swallowed Koran, Dathan and Abiram up with an earthquake.
3. The Holy Spirit killed Ananias and Sapphira when they told a lie.
4. Eshu did this and that.
5. Yahweh smote the antagonists of David Oyedepo with smelly mouths. cheesy
6. Zeus did this and that.
7. Allah did this and that.
8. Baal did such and such

All those stories actually worked on the fearful and gullible of old and is still working on the present gullible people of our days. But some people like Luwabi, Socrates, Plato, Bongo, Otem Erectus, Cuenca, Albert Einstein and many others stood out in their own times, fearing no god and I count them worthy of deification. They saw God Almighty as one with them and not as an external evil being in the skies.

My advice to all religious folks, IF PEOPLE MAKE FUN OF YOUR god, don't be emotional about it. At least almost everybody mocks one god or the other, so far it is not their own. Elijah mocked Baalim. Some people mock Eshu laalu ogiri oko and they get angry when other people mock Yahweh their own god. Some people mock Allah lavishly, but when you mock their own, they go all emotional.

Davtosh, SirWere, Analice107, sirevee, Gboyee4fun, Jacksonville, Lepasharon, Hahn, HopefulLandlord, Realmindz, Prettmum, AnonyNymous, mrmister, joseff14

Father forgive them for they don't know what they're doing.
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:29am On May 14, 2017
Robynwelo1:

He is just one of the many Christians that are blind but think they can see. That is why thousands of churches are opening everyday, with people thinking they have been called by God. I know the bible well and I can tell that the bible does not explain ANYTHING! it only tells you to forget everything and look unto God.
wow.. another female ex christian... pleasure to meet you smiley... funny as it may sound, I'm still a christian.. not a dogmatic fundamentalist... in fact.. fellow Christians don't even regard me as a Christian anymore

I want to know now what he knows about this his bible that has become the final authority.
I'll be waiting for his response to this too

Please answer these questions;
1. Where did the bible come from?
2. Who wrote all the books in the new testament.
3. Does the bible answer all questions?
4. Is the bible free from errors?
5. When did the bible come into existence?
6. Who made the bible?

For something you trust in so much, you must know it so well.

I'd love to respond... but I'll wait for his response
Re: If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? by ilynem(m): 9:42am On May 14, 2017
Wilgrea7:

Every Christian must grow in the knowledge of God. There are some that are more advanced in this knowledge. They are like teachers. You go to school to hear your teacher but you also cross check his or her teachings with the recommended text. In this case, our recommended text is the Bible. But we also can't dismiss the place of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes He teaches us Himself through revelations and sometimes He uses other people like our pastors. Comprende?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Will Hand Out Free Gifts On Independence Day / Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel / Very Very Very Dirty Passages From The Biblei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.