Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah (1987 Views)

Why Anthony Okolie Was Arrested By DSS For Using Hanan Buhari’s Line / Revolution Now: Ibrahim Dan Arrested By DSS For Supporting Sowore On Facebook / Tunde Bakare Blasts DSS Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by Purplebirdrep: 8:53pm On May 10, 2017
Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS for Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah

Ekiti state governor Ayodele Fayose has condemned the DSS for arresting and detaining oil magnate Ifeanyi Ubah.

DSS claimed that it arrested and detained Ubah for inciting members of the Petroleum Tanker Drivers Union to stop lifting petroleum products so as to cripple the economy.

In a statement released by his spokesman Lere Olayinka, he said the reason is “nonsensical."

“It is becoming obvious that if nothing is done to curb the lawlessness of the DSS, the agency will singlehandedly truncate democracy in the country," he said.

"If Ubah is being held for allegedly inciting members of the Petroleum Tanker Drivers Union to stop lifting petroleum products, one day and very soon too, members of Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) and Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) will be sent to jail for going on strike to agitate for their welfare,” the governor said.

According to him, Nigerians did not vote for change to be hounded by the DSS as it is being done since the emergence of this All Progressives Congress (APC) government. “That’s the same way the DSS arrested the former Governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswan in February and detained him until two days ago, claiming that he constituted security risk and failed to cooperate with investigators," he said.

“The other time too, this same DSS claimed that it uncovered plot by the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Nyesom Wike to disrupt governance in strategic federal government agencies and one can begin to imagine if the DSS won’t one day accuse whoever that is perceived as opposing the APC-led government of coup plot.”

Speaking further, Fayose said; “Nigerians should be reminded that I raised alarm when this regime of impunity started with the invasion of the Akwa-Ibom State government house and later the Ekiti State House of Assembly. I did say then that democracy in Nigeria was becoming unsafe in the hands of this APC government and that those keeping silent because of politics might also end up in the belly of the roaring lion that was threatening to consume our democracy.

“Those who ought to have joined in condemning the DSS impunity at that time kept silent for fear of the unknown.

“Now it is Ifeanyi Ubah that they have visited with their tyranny, who knows who will be next?

“Well-meaning Nigerians and the international community must therefore raise their voice in condemnation of this regime of tyranny being ran be the DSS.”

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by SalamRushdie: 8:55pm On May 10, 2017
Ifeanyi Uba wont be allowed to do business in sane climes better still in China he would have been executed 7 years ago

7 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 10, 2017
Fayose does not know what he is saying

Does he think this is Nairabet?

Ifeanyi Uba is not only a thief but a traitor.

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by nwabobo: 9:16pm On May 10, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
Fayose does not know what he is saying

Does he think this is Nairabet?

Ifeanyi Uba is not only a thief but a traitor.

What is Ifeanyi Uba's crime?

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 10, 2017
nwabobo:

What is Ifeanyi Uba's crime?
www.google.com

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by doublewisdom: 9:27pm On May 10, 2017
If only there were up to 100 men like Fayose in Yoruba land.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 10, 2017
FAYOSE.. no matter au you take cry more than the bereaved..

we know say all na politics..

the title you collect sef na politics we sef play..

But keep it up.. we like your pattern..

Though we know say you still be afonja..

we know fit lose guard..
na make your mind dey..

ala bu otu..aburo maka ndi Ofe.
Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 10, 2017
Fayose has mingled with that Nnamdi terrorist cow and I can't respect him

1 Like

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by Agimor(m): 9:34pm On May 10, 2017
I thought Ifeanyi Ubah has defected to APC....
Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by nwabobo: 9:55pm On May 10, 2017
MetaHuman:
www.google.com

I checked www.google.com and this is what I saw;

nwabobo:

Did you read the following part at all?

However, the company secretary, Oranuba, said the agreement leading to the keeping of the petroleum product with Capital Oil, allowed “conversion and diversion of IT products by operators as long as the operator is prepared to re-deliver the products within seven days of demand by the owner of the product or to pay a penalty for non-re-delivery.”

According to him, failure to re-deliver did not amount to a crime but is a mere breach of contract, which can be remedied by payment of a penalty to the owner.

“The agreement expressly states that any penalty due for non-re-delivery is to be treated as a debt and I verily believe that law enforcement agencies are not allowed to operate as debt collectors,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by HopeAtHand: 10:47pm On May 10, 2017
I am keenly observing that Yorubas in the persons of FFK and Fayose are carefully and systematically milking on the frail emotions and the gullibility of the Igbos.

How a major tribe like the Igbos allowed themselves to be so relegated in the scheme of Nigerias affairs is a story for another day.

FFK and Fayose's new found solidarity for Igbos (Nnamdi Kanu and now Ifeanyi Ubah) apprehended/investigated by the FG is very suspicious and shows that they consider the Igbos gullible enough.

My two kobos.

Cc. Pazienza. Abagworo. Afam4Eva

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by DieBuhari: 10:59pm On May 10, 2017
Fayose is everything Awolowo dreamt of being before his unfortunate suicide.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by CursedIboes: 11:09pm On May 10, 2017
DieBuhari:
Fayose is everything Awolowo dreamt of being before his unfortunate suicide.

Wawa Ibo, Ojuiku of cursed memory will just be laughing you..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by fineboynl(m): 11:15pm On May 10, 2017
fayose on point on this one, who are the DSS if i may ask. check the appointment you will know what they stand for.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Ifeanyi Uba wont be allowed to do business in sane climes better still in China he would have been executed 7 years ago
In saner climes Uba wouldn't​ need underhand tactics to survive in business

1 Like

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 11:37pm On May 10, 2017
CursedIboes:

Wawa Ibo, Ojuiku of cursed memory will just be laughing you..
fayose is greater than tinubu awolowo oduduwa sango orumila ogun otapiapia amala ewedu gbegiri

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by nonsobaba: 1:08am On May 11, 2017
As an anambra citizen, i support the DSS effort to grill Ifeanyi Ubah like fish. The man is one of the most notorious fraudsters to walk our economic and political spaces. Even being an APC member couldn't save him from being arrested, an indication of how dirty he is.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by locosis007(m): 5:48am On May 11, 2017
I don't the extent of the crime.. obviously not only because he incited the PTDA. there are others I guess.

but Fayose and FFK are they checking The opposition, a capital no, instead they re fighting the opposition. they never see any thing good in the opposition..

that's not democracy but outright "selfish interest "

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by jericco1(m): 6:43am On May 11, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah not too long ago joined the APC. If that's the case, what's making Fayose to yammer? And if the reverse is the case, since when did Fayose become a human right activist?
Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by CursedIboes: 7:17am On May 11, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
fayose is greater than tinubu awolowo oduduwa sango orumila ogun otapiapia amala ewedu gbegiri

Illiterate wawa Ibo, he is now your god so you all must worship him..
Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by bubu2019: 7:23am On May 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
give us your reasons,oke mkpi
Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by agbangam: 7:40am On May 11, 2017
Ifeanyi Ubah, Mr TAN dis is PMB govt not d Ogogoro man from Otuoeke. U betray public trust u get treated like an animal. His own case is a serious one, 11billion naira wat of PMS, if it were to be China, him DIE by HANGING for don sure by now but dis is Naija where bigger thieves gets Chieftaincy title for stealing in billions. Nigeria must be great.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by Omofunaab2: 7:43am On May 11, 2017
HopeAtHand:
I am keenly observing that Yorubas in the persons of FFK and Fayose are carefully and systematically milking on the frail emotions and the gullibility of the Igbos.

How a major tribe like the Igbos allowed themselves to be so relegated in the scheme of Nigerias affairs is a story for another day.

FFK and Fayose's new found solidarity for Igbos (Nnamdi Kanu and now Ifeanyi Ubah) apprehended/investigated by the FG is very suspicious and shows that they consider the Igbos gullible enough.

My two kobos.

Both Fayose and FFK are just being clever, most igbos are highly emotional thus they don't think deeply. Fayose and FFK have seen their weakness and they are always seeking to exploit It. .igbos are easy to manipulate, just tell them what they want to hear, massage their ego a little bit ,

After all what FFK said about the igbo race, who could have thought that same igbos will be the ones supporting him, is it that igbos forgive easily or they are just gullible?

Maybe some of them needs to go and read the article FFK wrote about igbos couple of years ago, maybe then some of them will have sense.

Yorubas are clever, we understand and seek to exploit other tribe's weaknesses, so far so good Fayose and FFK are doing a great job at that.

We don't want to hear afonja are not straightforwards, afonjas are backstabbers, betrayals etc

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by tiger28: 8:06am On May 11, 2017
Purplebirdrep:
Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS for Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah

Ekiti state governor Ayodele Fayose has condemned the DSS for arresting and detaining oil magnate Ifeanyi Ubah.

DSS claimed that it arrested and detained Ubah for inciting members of the Petroleum Tanker Drivers Union to stop lifting petroleum products so as to cripple the economy.

In a statement released by his spokesman Lere Olayinka, he said the reason is “nonsensical."

“It is becoming obvious that if nothing is done to curb the lawlessness of the DSS, the agency will singlehandedly truncate democracy in the country," he said.

"If Ubah is being held for allegedly inciting members of the Petroleum Tanker Drivers Union to stop lifting petroleum products, one day and very soon too, members of Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) and Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) will be sent to jail for going on strike to agitate for their welfare,” the governor said.

According to him, Nigerians did not vote for change to be hounded by the DSS as it is being done since the emergence of this All Progressives Congress (APC) government. “That’s the same way the DSS arrested the former Governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswan in February and detained him until two days ago, claiming that he constituted security risk and failed to cooperate with investigators," he said.

“The other time too, this same DSS claimed that it uncovered plot by the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Nyesom Wike to disrupt governance in strategic federal government agencies and one can begin to imagine if the DSS won’t one day accuse whoever that is perceived as opposing the APC-led government of coup plot.”

Speaking further, Fayose said; “Nigerians should be reminded that I raised alarm when this regime of impunity started with the invasion of the Akwa-Ibom State government house and later the Ekiti State House of Assembly. I did say then that democracy in Nigeria was becoming unsafe in the hands of this APC government and that those keeping silent because of politics might also end up in the belly of the roaring lion that was threatening to consume our democracy.

“Those who ought to have joined in condemning the DSS impunity at that time kept silent for fear of the unknown.

“Now it is Ifeanyi Ubah that they have visited with their tyranny, who knows who will be next?

“Well-meaning Nigerians and the international community must therefore raise their voice in condemnation of this regime of tyranny being ran be the DSS.”
is this the same idiot that beat up a sitting Judge during Jonathan's administration?? Fool!
Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by tiger28: 8:12am On May 11, 2017
HopeAtHand:

My two kobos.
This is the most ACCURATE analysis of how some folks riding on the gullibility of the igbos. Soon, as usual they will change sides and leave the igbos in their travails. The igbos are too emotional and sentimental to lead any government, PoliticiAns take advantage of this weakness to their favor.
Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by sunnysunny69(m): 8:13am On May 11, 2017
UBA na thief and a thug, soon you will share same room in kirikiri .
Re: Fayose Explodes, Blasts DSS For Arresting Ifeanyi Ubah by Afam4eva(m): 9:34am On May 11, 2017
HopeAtHand:

My two kobos.

Cc. Pazienza. Abagworo. Afam4Eva
It's not an issue of being gullible, it's just aout seizing the moment. To the Biafran proponents, any publicity is good publicity because what IPOB wants is that publicity even if it comes from satan. That's why they would go on a march for a Donald Trump who is loathed in this part of the world. Lie they said, in police there no permanent friends but interests.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Punch: IPOB, MASSOB Sit-at-home Protest In Pictures / Kwankwaso Set To Dump APC / Big Grammar: Patrick Obahiagbon Dazzle APC Members At Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.