Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,856 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours (564 Views)

2019 Elections: The States Buhari And Atiku Won / I will distribute projects evenly to all 36 states – Buhari / US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by BABSIN(m): 9:30pm On May 10, 2017
The US on Tuesday said that the agenda being pursued by President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration were in line with its expectations.

Nathan Holt, the deputy director, office of West African affairs, bureau of African affairs at the US department of state, made the remarks on Tuesday from Washington DC via a teleconference on ‘Nigeria, a critical U.S. partner’.

Holt said: “In 2015, Nigeria had a very important election. It elected Muhammadu Buhari as president.”

“This represented the first time in Nigerian history that there was a peaceful, democratic transfer of power from one party to an opposition party.

“It was a milestone not only for Nigeria, but really for Africa as a whole.

“President Buhari’s electoral platform was that he wanted to fight insecurity, particularly the depredations of Boko Haram and other forces in the northeast.

“He wanted to grow the Nigerian economy, create jobs for its growing population, and he wanted to fight corruption. Well, the nice thing about that agenda is that it meshes very well with our own.

“That is – those are areas of focus that very much are consistent with US interests in Nigeria. We too want to partner with Nigeria and its neighbours to fight terrorism.

“We too support private-sector-led economic growth. And we are very much in favour of President Buhari’s campaign against corruption,” the US envoy on African Affairs, said.

Holt also spoke on his country’s decision to cut foreign aid, assistance, and payments to UN programmes but pledged continued robust US assistance to Nigeria and other countries in West Africa.

According to him, the US remains the leading humanitarian donor in the humanitarian, bilateral development assistance and the president’s emergency plan for AIDS relief (PEPFAR).

“We are very pleased that we are the lead humanitarian donor in the Lake Chad Basin region. We’ve got a vigorous bilateral development assistance programme that’s dominated by health assistance, including the PEPFAR programme.

“The PEPFAR programme has really helped turn back the tide of HIV/AIDS not just in Nigeria but across the African continent,” he said.

Follow us on twitter @thecableng

Copyright 2017 TheCable. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.thecable.ng as the source
https://www.thecable.ng/us-buharis-agenda-well-matches
Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by Elkay3: 9:34pm On May 10, 2017
USA is far from Nigeria.
Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 10, 2017
Ok
Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by whitebeard(m): 9:50pm On May 10, 2017
who is a critical ally to who...I don't think trump thinks likewise....

Here is my own "Nigeria is a critical ally to Russia" Putin is responsible for most of Nigerian arms deal starting from our tanks to our weapons 90% Russian...not a single trace of American....

olosho country they want to reap where they did not sow..!!
Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:52pm On May 10, 2017
Both Buhari and the West want the same thing... That is to impoverish Nigerians and make the economy perpetually dependent on west

1 Like

Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by Aufbauh(m): 9:57pm On May 10, 2017
In another news, ISIS ; Nnamdi Kanu's agenda matches ours cheesy
Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:02pm On May 10, 2017
whitebeard:
who is a critical ally to who...I don't think trump thinks likewise....

Here is my own "Nigeria is a critical ally to Russia" Putin is responsible for most of Nigerian arms deal starting from our tanks to our weapons 90% Russian...not a single trace of American....

olosho country they want to reap where they did not sow..!!
You are going off track
We are talking of Buhari the vegetable of London who have no agenda except selling Nigeria to the west
Haven't u been watching CNN and all western media .... They do a better job for Buhari than NTA
Quote me anywhere
Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:06pm On May 10, 2017
Aufbauh:
In another news, ISIS ; Nnamdi Kanu's agenda matches ours cheesy
They will leave the thread and face their nightmare... grin grin
Nnamdi kanu is really the slayer of zombies cheesy
How do they sleep at night knowing fully well that this man is free out there bouncing grin
While Buhari is a vegetable in an undisclosed London hospital battling to breath

Lesson here is...... No fight God .. No matter your position in life

Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by Aufbauh(m): 10:20pm On May 10, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:

They will leave the thread and face their nightmare... grin grin
Nnamdi kanu is really the slayer of zombies cheesy
How do they sleep at night knowing fully well that this man is free out there bouncing grin
While Buhari is a vegetable in an undisclosed London hospital battling to breath

Lesson here is...... No fight God .. No matter your position in life

I just love taunting the confused Ipob rebel leader and his headless followers.

"Ipob supporters are fanatical mourners with defeatist syndrome"- Joe Igbokwe, 2017

"Ipob is a headless ram initiating a head-fight"- Anakwe, 2017.

1 Like

Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:25pm On May 10, 2017
Aufbauh:

"Ipob supporters are fanatical mourners with defeatist syndrome"- Joe Igbokwe, 2017

nd you re

Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:28pm On May 10, 2017
Aufbauh:

Go get a life

Re: United States: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours by whitebeard(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:

You are going off track
We are talking of Buhari the vegetable of London who have no agenda except selling Nigeria to the west
Haven't u been watching CNN and all western media .... They do a better job for Buhari than NTA
Quote me anywhere
who does better job...we u keep quiet how many times have u heard any western media say good tine about Nigeria... they just want to blackmail us so we won't be as powerful as they are Nigeria is among the top 3 countries USA warned it's citizen from entering and u are telling me that they help us....wake up man the USA I know is no ally to any country.... that's how they run things to keep their nation on top see Gaddafi and other people killed by USA

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Role Of Senators, House Of Rep Members And House Of Assembly Members / Abia: Anxiety As Supreme Court Decides Ogah, Ikpeazu’s Fate / The Chibok Girls Released Last Year Had Bullet Wounds- FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.