Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,931 members, 7,799,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) (8998 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny / Love Cycle [pre-destiny] / Iba: The Scourge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by chrisbaby24(m): 9:51pm On May 18, 2017
Nice...luv it
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by nimat158(f): 6:09pm On May 19, 2017
Interesting
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 10:07pm On May 22, 2017
Days had passed since his encounter with Odudu and his gang, thankfully the gods had spared his life and with the help of his mother’s herbs, he had recovered fully.

‘I see you now have appetite’ she walked into his chambers and dismissed the slave girls that served him food.

‘I am not strong mother, thanks to you and the gods’ he lifted the gourd and drank from it.

‘Yes, I know they have a purpose for you, one you must fulfill no matter the opposition’ Ekambamma replied. She stared dreamily at her son, not feeling guilty or harboring any regrets whatsoever from what she had done to Nkoso at the forest, she deserved every bit of her, how could she play god over her life?

‘It is time to find Odudu and his clique of usurpers, they must be brought to book’ he rose to his feet more determined than ever.

‘Tell me your plans, we must stick together this time, you have many enemies son, many that seek to destroy your soul’ Ekambamma replied and rose to her feet.

‘How do you know these mother’? he asked.

‘I have my means, my spies are everywhere and from what they told me, there is a prophecy released against you, this prophecy is not in your favour. That is why we must work hard to avert it’ she lied.

‘A prophecy? We have to kill Odudu first’ Ekong replied.

‘There is a secret guild committed to your downfall, I don’t know much about them but you must be very careful Ekong, you’re all I have’ a tear slipped down her cheeks.

‘I will be fine mother, by the gods I will’ Ekong replied as his thoughts swayed, he had seen the priestess in his dream, Nkoso, that was her name and she kept calling him a stranger. The dream troubled him very much.

‘Mother’? he called, he felt he needed to see her, maybe she could help in averting the prophecy.

‘Yes son?’ she wiped her face and gazed at him.

‘I want to see the priestess Nkoso, arrange a meeting’ Ekong replied

‘Nkoso? Why do you want to see her? She is evil and she is dead’ the woman stuttered, why had Ekong developed sudden interest in her.

‘Dead? I don’t understand mother, but I saw her few days back, what happened to her’? Ekong asked.

‘I…i…’ she stammered.

‘You may enter’ Ekong yelled to the person that knocked on his door.

‘The chiefs are all here, my lord’ the palace guard bowed his head and left.

‘We’ll talk about this mother, see you later’ she swirled round and left her, something wasn’t right, his mother looked frightened, like she had a terrible secret to protect.

‘This isn’t happening’ Ekambamma pressed her hands on her beating chest.
The members of the guild, all warriors and men in leadership positions and the priest of the guild was present.

‘You’re all welcomed to this meeting, before we start, I’d like the eye of the gods to say a prayer in our favour’ Chief Ekop bowed his head and all the guild members did same.

‘May the gods receive our praises, Abasi enyong(god of the heavens), Abasi isong (god of the earth), Abasi ekong(god of war), Andikara(ruler of all), Ndem akai(goddess of the forest), Ndem mmong( water goddess) and all the deities we hold dear, may they protect and guide us all, lest our feet crash on the evil stone’ the priest prayed and poured some palm wine from his guard to the earth.

‘Jak Ade Ntere, may it be so’ the people replied.

‘Thank you once again, as we all know, Odudu here had a one on one encounter with that scum of the earth, that tyrant that parades himself as King’ Ekop gestured with his hands.

‘We must therefore be ready, we have to prepare for Ekong shall strike back and real hard, that is why we must do this today’ Ekop snapped his fingers and the priest produced a human skull from his raffia bag and dropped it in the middle of the Afe, the meeting room.

‘My lord, I have something else to share, I think it is very important’Odudu rose to his feet and dropped the dagger he and his men had found that night.

‘Abasi! What is the meaning of this? Why must you interrupt the leader of the guild, have you no manners boy’? Chief Asawo sneered angrily at him.

‘I have not dishonored you or anyone in this hall in any way, all I seek is vengeance and freedom for all Annang lands, why do you taunt me’? Odudu’s eyes darkened, for some reason he didn’t like Chief Asawo, the man didn’t like him either and they both steered clear of each other.

‘Enough! We have to focus’ the Priest rose to his feet.

‘What is this about’? Chief Ekop, leader of the guild asked Odudu.

‘We found this dagger in the forest of the gods, the priestess is dead, someone from the palace murdered her’ Odudu pointed to the emblem of a leaopard on the object.

‘How does this help us with our cause’? Asawo scowled.

‘Abasi kan Ilomo!, may the gods forbid it, alas! I had seen the priestess Nkoso in my dream, I thought it strange for we never spoke in the physical’ the Priest exclaimed and the house was divided by murmurs.

‘Then this means something, whoever killed her had something to hide, something they held dear, a secret’ Ekop suggested.

‘A secret? What if she was just killed? Let’s get back to the main point of this meeting and forget this dagger issue’ Asawo cut in impatiently.
‘As you wish’ Odudu returned to his seat, he had no time to argue with Asawo, they had more important matters to attend to.

‘Thank you, great warrior’ Ekop acknowledged his wise action.

‘We are all here to swear the oath of allegiance to ourselves and to the gods, mbiam is an oath sworn to loyalty and once broken would lead to eminent death, so all members of the guild must swear to keep everything we do secret’ the Priest lifted the skull to the sky.

‘What nonsense! Why must we swear our allegiance? Do you know how potent the mbiam gods could be? They kill mercilessly and show no forgiveness, do you realize how dangerous this is? We have already sacrificed enough for this guild, if you are not convinced that we are ready to remove Ekong from the throne, then you are the disloyal one’ Chief Asawo rose to his feet and stormed out of the Afe.

‘Asawo! Come back here, this is for our own good’! Chief Ekop persuaded but he’d walked far.

‘I think he is right my lord, I could swear to any other gods but not the mbiam gods, they are heartless, we have worked this far together and there has been no case of betrayal, I think we all share a common purpose’ Odudu said, for once he saw eye to eye with the chief.

‘He is right Chief Ekop, I am willing to lay my life for this cause, I don’t need to swear to those wicked gods to prove that’ one of the warriors shouted and others joined him.

‘What do you think’? Ekop whispered to the priest.

‘Well, I only wanted this to ensure there wouldn’t be a crack in our plans, but the people have rejected it, I reject it too’ the priest replied and returned the skull to his raffia bag.

‘So what do we do next Odudu? Have you come up with a plan yet’? Ekop asked.

‘Yes! The sooner we remove Odudu, the better for us, we are outnumbered, so the first thing we do is to take out some of his warriors’ Odudu rose to his feet.

‘And how do we achieve this’? Ekop asked.

‘Poison’ Odudu replied and the people were astonished, how was he to execute his plans?

‘Tell us more’ they jeered.

‘I plan to send some spies into the palace, they would disguise as workers and slip this poison into the food given to the warriors, one by one, the poison shall feed on their flesh till they are no more and once they are weak, we strike and take Ekong out’ Odudu explained.

‘Brilliant Idea but what if the King goes into hiding? How do we find him? we all know he has palaces hidden in other lands’ someone asked.

‘A mouse does not hide forever, even if he does, its stench would always expose him’ Odudu replied and they burst out laughing.

‘Nice plan, so you should work on that, I’ll speak to Asawo later to convince some of the cabinet chiefs to pass a vote of no confidence on Ekong, it would help our plan work faster’ Ekop nodded vehemently.

‘One more thing Odudu’ the voice of the priest silenced them all.

‘Yes? Eye of the gods’ Odudu bowed before him.

‘Though the prophecy is in your favor, you will still sorrow’ he replied and vanished.

‘I will sorrow’? the words of the priest echoed in his brain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by kingphilip(m): 6:24am On May 23, 2017
‘Yes! The sooner we remove Odudu, the better for us, we are outnumbered, so the first thing we do is to take out some of his warriors’ Odudu rose to his feet.

Except for this typo the piece is progressing well

Nice one Angelsss
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Raychellasam(f): 11:21am On May 23, 2017
I love your stories angelsss....and this one is no exception.
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Alennsar(f): 11:58am On May 23, 2017
well done
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by bossy512(f): 3:06pm On May 23, 2017
Well done, always on point
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Raychellasam(f): 7:06pm On May 27, 2017
angelsss where art thou....!!!
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 12:36pm On May 29, 2017
‘You all are useless to me! There is an uprising in all of Annang against my peace, against my life and all you do is sit here in your garments and stare at my face, I shall have your heads by morning if I do not find those that wish me dead’ Ekong yelled angrily at his cabinet chiefs.

‘My lord, we are as surprised as you are, but I assure you, we would put our heads together and find a solution’ one of the chiefs tried to placate his fury.

‘By the way, where is chief Asawo and why isn’t he at the meeting’? Ekong noticed his seat was empty.

‘I am here my lord, I am sorry for being late, I swear by the gods, this would never happen again’Asawo panted and reached for his seat.

‘You are always late, I have no time for lazy and stupid old men, I give you all tomorrow morning to find me the men that seek my downfall or I would have your heads’ Ekong rose to his feet and trotted towards his chambers.

‘My lord, I come with troubling news’ a warrior approached him.

‘And what news could that be’? Ekong asked.

‘The Priestess Nkoso is dead, we found her body rotting in the forest’ the warrior said.

‘The priestess? How did she die’? Ekong was shocked, his mother had mentioned the news to him casually, he had intentions of meeting with her in person. Why had she always called him ‘stranger’?

‘I think she was murdered’ he replied.

‘Abasi Akan! Abomination!, may the gods forbid and expose the evildoer’ the chiefs spat on the ground.

‘Shut up old fools, and next time you pour out venom from those stinking lips of yours, I shall clip your tongue with my blade’ Ekong walked away angrily.

‘See the way he insults us, he is just like his father, he would never respect us’ one of the chiefs said once Ekong was out of their sight.

‘Like father, Like son’ Asawo rose to his feet, he had his plans. Not on his life would Odudu be made king, he hated the warrior, why was he favored by the gods and also by men?
He had his reasons for walking out on the guild, he knew the consequences of swearing to the mbiam gods with a double mind, that was why he’d left. He would reduce Odudu to nothing, he would work against the guild and destroy everything they’d built, he’d sworn it since the day Odudu became the chosen one. He’d hoped they would choose him as king, instead, they favored Odudu.

She had never been that happy in her entire life, she had not known her parents or any living relative, but leaving among people that loved her and accepted her even though she was a slave meant the world to her, the gods had finally answered her prayers.

‘Are you still sharpening that blade? Odudu never asked for that’ Emem laughed as she approached the fair maiden Odudu had brought back from his journey to Aswana.

‘I’m just trying to do something, you wouldn’t let me touch anything, I haven’t set my eyes on Odudu for days now, I’m starting to feel bored’ Afianmma sighed.
The warriors of the guild had a hideout in the great Asandiana forest, they lived there, trained there and had some women, slaves and freeborn who took care of their needs, but Odudu wouldn’t let her work with those women, he preferred her being with Emem.

‘Well, Odudu gave me instructions not to let you do anything, I cannot disobey him’ Emem replied. She felt jealous of this firebrand beauty he’d returned home with, Odudu had rescued her from her abusive husband who’d almost beat her to death, and for that, she owed him her life, that was why she agreed to go for the mission.

‘He did?’ Afianma asked as her heart fluttered at the mention of his name, it sounded like music to her ears, she suddenly realized her affection for him developed by the day.

‘Yes,he seems to really care about you’ Emem looked around nervously, she couldn’t let anyone have Odudu, he was hers alone and she would fight any woman that dared to separate them.

‘I think I like him too, but I don’t know much about him’ Afianmma smiled as she voiced her thoughts.

‘You don’t need to know much about him, he’s easy to like’ Emem patted her shoulder and walked away.

‘I guess so too’ Afianmma smiled dreamily and resumed her job, stroking Odudu’s machete with a piece of rock.

‘Careful of that woman, I don’t think she likes you very much’ a slave girl whispered to her.

‘Why? She seems very nice’ Afianma was confused.

‘Meet me when sunset comes, I have something to show you’ the slave girl said before running off to face her duties.

‘I hope all is well’ Afianmma inhaled deeply’.
How had his mother come to the knowledge of that truth, that Nkoso had died? He was greatly troubled by the news, she seemed to know something deep about him and he’d planned to find out.

He sighed and sat on the edge of the bamboo bed, confused, he had two things to follow, but which was more important? Investigation of the priestess’ death? Or finding those that crafted the prophecy against him?

‘I shall defeat Odudu and his disciples, I shall scatter their heads all over Annang land and when all shall hear, they shall tremble before me’ he beat his chest with his fist.

‘My lord, one of the Chiefs is here to see you’ his guard announced.

‘Who’? Ekong asked.

‘Chief Asawo’ the guard replied.

‘Let him in’ Ekong wondered what the lazy fool had to say, he would be true to his word, he would kill all his chiefs as promised, they were useless to him.

‘Long like the Okuku, King above all, I hail you’ Asawo bowed before him.
‘Dekkeda, rise up’ Ekong ordered.

‘Why are you here? have you found the men that seek my death’? Ekong asked.

‘You must learn patience my lord, why not offer me a seat’? Asawo scanned his eyes over the king’s chamber, soon all would be his’, he just needed to work with wisdom.

‘Sit’ Ekong scowled, deciding whatever the fool had to say was worth some salt.

‘I know the very men that seek your death my king…’ Asawo started

‘Go ahead,tell me where they are, everything about them, so we can destroy them all’ Ekong jumped to his feet.

‘Not so fast, these men are my friends and betraying them would come at a high price my lord’ Asawo added.

‘What price? Name it’ Ekong smiled knowing how greedy he was.

‘I want to be the most honored chief’ Asawo replied expecting some opposition but to his surprise, Ekong was willing to comply.

‘Fine, you’ll have it, once your information proves useful, I swear by the gods’ Ekong replied.

‘Thank you’ Asawo bowed his head ready to set his plan in motion.

‘I know the men that seek your downfall, they have constituted themselves into a group called the ‘guild’, they plan to destroy you and snatch the throne away, concerning the death of the priestess, they found a royal dagger stuck in her’ Asawo paused hoping he hadn’t said to much.

‘Enough!’ Ekong smiled wickedly.

‘I am very pleased by this, we should dine together’ Ekong called to his guard who came rushing in.

‘Yes my lord’ the guard bowed.

Asawo smiled, his plans had started yielding results, how foolish the young king was.

‘Akanimo, bundle this man and take him to the darkest dungeon, keep him there till you hear from me’ Ekong ordered.

‘What? That is not what we agreed’ Asawo was stunned, his world was about falling apart, the King had betrayed him.

‘Agreed? You’re a bigger fool than I thought,to think I’d come into any agreement with you, take him away, Fool!’ Ekong yelled.

The clouds had parted and given the yellow sun a place to hide herself, for evening had come. Afianmma had not set her eyes on Odudu for a long time, she waited patiently at the edge of the forest where the slave girl had instructed her to, she was curious to see what the girl wanted to show her.

Crickets sang their evening song and the birds flew in numbers, it was really beautiful there, she had never felt this free, she then realized, life was only a burden without freedom.

‘I see, you came’ the voice broke her thoughts.

‘Yes I came, what do you have to show me’? Afianmma asked.

‘You are not very patient are you’? the slave girl laughed dryly.

‘You said Emem does not like me very much, I’m curious to know why, she doesn’t even know me much’ Afianmma replied.

‘Alright then, follow me’ the slave girl beckoned to her and they both walked deeper into the forest.
It was a dense land, a hideout for members of the guild and all the warriors that were loyal to the course.
As they went further, Afianmma heard a different sound, one different from that of the birds and wild animals, the sound of laughter,only people who were much happy with each other could laugh that way.

‘Who are they’? Afianmma asked as her heart beat faster.

‘Lay low and see for yourself’ the slave girl replied and she obeyed willingly.

‘Why did you bring me here? this hurts so much’ Afianmma tried to rise to her feet but the girl pinned her down.

So he had a lover? And she already imagined herself being with him, she felt a pain she had never experienced as Odudu made love to Emem right before them, he seemed content and happy with her.

‘To see for yourself, It’s obvious you like Odudu and maybe he likes you too, but he only wants you for his bed, you are a nice person, that’s why I’m showing you this, so you wouldn’t get heartbroken’ the girl blinked the tears that had settled in her orbs.

‘Why are you doing this?’ Afianmma asked, it seemed she had good intentions.

‘Because I was stupid enough one time to actually believe a freeborn could be in love with my kind, it didn’t end well, just be careful and stay as far as possible from him, he loves her very much and she does too, that’s why she’s helping him alongside the guild’ the girl said.

‘Helping him? how’? Afianmma asked.

‘Swear not to say a word, but I eavesdropped, the guild has this plan to penetrate the palace and poison the king and some of his guards, Emem wishes to be the heroine,that would make Odudu cherish her more, he could even take her as wife’ she answered.

‘Abasi! That is dangerous, what if she loses her life? What kind of hero would that make her’? Afianmma replied and stared at the lovers once more.

‘Well, that’s not our problem, I have warned you, be careful’ the slave girl replied.

‘I have heard you. Thank you friend’ Afianmma smiled, this time, the smile was sad. From the way he kissed her, he was so much in love with her and could never notice her.
‘I’m doing this for your happiness’ she muttered to herself. She couldn’t let Emem do something so dangerous, if she died, Odudu would be deeply hurt and she didn’t want that for him, she had fallen in love with him.

‘Who are you talking to’? the strange girl wondered.
‘No one’ Afianmma replied. She had made up her mind, she was going on the mission in Emem’s stead, even if she died, at least, it would be written on the pages of history, that a slave saved the Annang lands from tyranny.

2 Likes

Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Raychellasam(f): 5:36pm On May 29, 2017
aww....and I was looking forward to a love story between odudu and afianmma
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2017
He adored her lovely neck with kisses and traced a fine line from her neck to the tip of her breasts, she was so lovely but not as lovely as Afianmma. He’d struggled with the feelings he had for the beautiful slave, and those feelings were powerful, he cared for her in a special way he’d never cared about anyone before, not even Emem, his mistress.

‘I miss you so much my love’ she buried her face in his chest.

‘I miss you too’ he replied. He was worried about sending her to the palace, he’d already rescued her once from her abusive husband, he didn’t want to place her in danger’s way a second time.

‘I can do this, you can trust me’ Emem could read his thoughts. She sought to please him, to make him see her more than just a mistress.

‘I know, but I am worried for you, what if something happens? Plans do go wrong’ Odud reminded her.

‘The gods have assured us victory, the prophecy is in your favor, so cheer up my warrior prince’ she bit his lip and they burst out laughing.
He imagined Afianmma with him, by his side, he knew he was lying to himself but soon he would sum up courage and tell her about his feelings.

‘We should get going’ he said.
They both dressed up and returned to the area inhabited by all members of the guild.

‘Welldone’ Odudu acknowledged the workers as they stepped into the arena.
‘I will do as you say, I promise to be careful’ Emem squeezed his palms.

‘My lord’ a slave girl came running to him.

‘What is it’? Odud asked wondering where Afianmma was.

‘Go away slave, come back later, we’re busy’ Emem dismissed her but she wouldn’t go.

‘What is it’? Odudu repeated.

‘It’s Afianmma, she…’ the girl stuttered.

‘Afianmma? What happened to her? Where is she’ Odudu neared the girl, the thought of her being hurt terrified him.

‘She ran to the palace, she went for the mission’ the girl replied.

‘I don’t understand’ Emem quickly rushed to her tent.

‘What mission? How did you know about the mission’Odudu raised his brows.

‘Odudu! The poison is gone, they’re all gone, that fool would jeopardize our plans, she’ll get herself killed’ Emem yelled angrily, how could the slave steal her glory? How could she hog all of it to herself?

‘How did you know about the mission’ Odudu pointed his dagger against the slave’s neck.

‘I am so sorry, I eavesdropped when you were speaking with Emem, then I told Afianmma about it, I didn’t know she would act that way’ the girl cried.

‘How dare you’ Emem slapped her.

‘Just say all the prayers you know to the gods, if any harm comes to her, I will not kill you’ Odudu caressed her face with the edge of the knife.

‘Please don’t kill me, show mercy’the girl begged.

‘I won’t kill you, I’ll bury you alive’ he pushed her on the ground and some of his warriors tied her up.

‘Gather all the men, we ride for the palace now, the time has come for us to face Ekong, we either win this battle or we lose it, but let’s hope and pray to the gods for the best’ Odudu commanded.

‘My lord, but we are outnumbered’ one of the warriors said.

‘We have always been outnumbered, the gods will be with us’ Odudu replied. All his thoughts were focused on Afianmma, he had to fight for her, should Ekong get hold of her, all their plans would be ruined.

‘We don’t have much time, this journey would take a night, you must hurry’ Emem said.

‘I will, stay here and guard the place’ Odudu kissed her.

‘No, I’m coming with you’ she replied defiantly.
He saw the fire in her eyes and knew it would be futile to stop her, so he nodded and they all trotted together, the time had come.

‘So tell me what I want to hear, tell me more about the guild’ Ekong released his blade from the scabbard.

‘I would never, you’re free to kill me, you bastard’ Asawo spat angrily at him. he’d been a fool, how could he have trusted the words of a man like Ekong who was as worthless as his late father? Men who never honored their words or kept to their promises.

‘No, I wouldn’t give you the pleasure, you’ll tell me what I want to hear or we start your torture all over again, I’m sure you like it when your skin is carved’ Ekong smiled wickedly.

‘Kill me at once, you cursed man’ Asawo groaned. That wasn’t what he’d bargained for, Ekong had tied him in the dungeon for days, time had lost meaning for him in the abyss of darkness. He had been beaten, bruised and questioned, but he’d hardened his heart, Ekong deserved no loyalty.

‘No. no, by the gods I wouldn’t, betrayer’ Ekong mocked him. He was about plunging the knife into Asawo’s eye socket when a warrior climbed into the dungeon.

‘My lord, a girl showed up here and says you asked her to come work here, she is a slave’ he informed the king.

‘What girl?’ Ekong rolled his eyes.
‘My lord…’ another servant climbed into the dungeon.

‘Yes…’ Ekong wondered why the servant seemed so scared.

‘Your mother, the queen has been struck by the gods, as I cleaned her room, thunder struck and she fell to the ground’ she explained to the king.

‘Abasi! Why would the gods be so heartless? Fetch me the priest immediately and all the chiefs’ Ekong rushed out of the dungeon.

‘May the gods have mercy on me, I offended Odudu’ Asawo cried. He wondered what Ekong had in mind for him.

She had arrived the palace easily, the gods were on her side, she knew the urgency of this mission, so she wasted no time.

‘I greet you all’ Afianmma bowed as she approached the area where food was prepared.

‘Who are you and where do you come from’? a stern looking woman asked.

‘I have come to work in the palace, I was invited here by the king’ Afianmma lied. She knew such a lie could have her dead but she was willing to die to make Odudu happy.

‘You have missed your way, we have more than enough hands to help us’ the harsh looking woman said and backed her.

‘She is free to work, I told the king about her’ the warrior Afianmma had met returned to see her once again, he’d been captivated by her beauty.

‘Thank you’ she bowed.

‘Very well then, come and stir this soup, then you wash the wine gourds and the calabashes and you mop all the kitchen floors and apply new clay on them’ the harsh woman listed all her activities.

‘Thank you, I shall do as you’ve said’ Afianmma smiled. The woman had hoped to scare her away, but she was doing her a favor. She clutched the raffia bag she held tightly and washed her hands in readiness to stir the soup.
"Mother? By the gods, what has befallen you?" Ekong rushed to his mother's side, he'd had enough for one day, first of all, the cunning Asawo had revealed some information about some men that sought to take his throne and now this?

"I erred in my ways, I failed you and I failed the gods" Ekambamma cried. She had felt it, their eyes were everywhere, from the night she'd decided to keep one of the cursed children, she had never really enjoyed peace.

"We have all erred, by the gods do you injustice, don't worry, I have sent for the palace priest, he'll offer a sacrifice of cows and goats and make you a potent charm, you'll be fine again" he kissed her forehead. The woman that lay before him had given him life, his symbol of strength, he needed her more than ever and he prayed the gods let her stay with him.

"No, there's no need for that, I'm paying for my sins" she cried. Pain threatened to tear her into pieces, it was a miracle she still was able to speak.

"Why mother? Why?" Ekong wondered why she was so reluctant.

"I am so sorry for everything, the lies..." The Queen paused.

"I don't understand" Ekong rose to his feet.

"You're not who you think you are...." She struggled to speak as the pain clogged her oesophagus.

"Mother"? He arched a brow

" The priestess Nkoso died by my hands, I killed her to protect you" the queen said.

"What? You killed an innocent woman? No wonder she kept appearing in my dreams" he was shocked.

He was about to speak when a servant rushed into the Queen's chamber.

"My lord, it seems we are under attack" the servant informed Ekong.

"Attack? By whom and how so? Who would dare ride into the lion's den unafraid? Who dares to step on the angry soldier ant"? Ekong laughed wickedly.

" We don't know who for sure, but as we speak, unknown warriors have penetrated the village and they are slaughtering people, should I give our men the command"? He asked.

"I have a feeling that bastard is behind this, Odudu would die by my hands, we have the largest army put together, we'll feed their bodies to the owls and vultures." Ekong ranted angrily. How could that vermin fight him?

"Please don't go to battle, gather your men to fight for you" the queen whispered weakly as she remembered the words of the prophecy. The gods had stated that Ekong would fall.

"Fetch my machete and poisoned arrows, gather all the men, let's wait for them" he ordered the servant then turned to face his mother.

"Save your breath, you have a lot of explaining to do" he said to her before rushing out.

3 Likes

Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by EvaJael(f): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
I'm on my tippy toes Angelsss..you're awesome
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 10:59am On Jun 01, 2017
EvaJael:
I'm on my tippy toes Angelsss..you're awesome
Thanks honey
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Fonydear(f): 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Awww eyeneka, this is super. Following all the way, more grace Angelsss.
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2017

"Odudu!" Emem called after him. He'd gone against their plans and they could lose everyhting.

"Run to the bushes, I can sight Ekong's warriors" Odudu called to her.

" I can't live you here, our plan was to sneak into the palace and not to start and open fight, you know we'll be outnumbered? Even if we escape, Ekong would release his warriors after us"Emem replied.

"I trust Afianmma must have poisoned Ekong's warriors, don't fear, we'll win, the gods assured me of victory" Odudu said.

"And what if she fails"? Emem sneered angrily.

" Even if she does, we'll win" Odudu dragged her to him for a final kiss, he needed to find Ekong and slaughter him. He couldn't wait to slid his blade through his body.

"I love you" she whispered weakly as a sharp pain hit her spine. He had not seen it, the arrow had pierced her too quickly.

"Are you okay"? He released her mouth and panicked as his hands became soaked by her blood.

" I will avenge you" he put her dead body down and searched for the direction the arrow had come from.

Ekong's warriors were everywhere, it meant only one thing, Afianmma had failed, why were they still strong?

Arrows flew across the air, men fought for their lives and for glory, it was a great massacre, fire rained and blood flowed like a violent river.

"I see, that should be another LovePeddler of yours, come over here and let me send you over to your dead parents" Ekong sneered at him, he'd been the one that released the arrow that killed Emem.

"I will feed your head to the birds" Odudu sneered and ran after him but Ekong ran into the palace gate.

"Don't go after him, he wants to trap you" one of the guild warriors whispered to Odudu.

"I can't stay, I need to fight him" Odudu braced himself for the encounter.

"Good grace then" the warrior replied.

"Any word on the girl? Has any One seen Afianmma"? Odudu asked, as he'd sent some men to search for her.

" No" the warrior replied and Odudu panicked, he prayed nothing bad had befallen her.

Like most servants had done, she found a safe place to hide herself as they all realized was had broken out.
She had slipped the potion into the soup that was served to the warriors, but from what she'd observed, it made them stronger and she feared for Odudu.

She hid behind the Ukana tree, the African oil bean, that stood proudly at the centre of the enormous kitchen.

She heard light footsteps approach the tree, she swallowed hard and prayed she wouldn't get killed.

The footsteps stopped on nearing the tree, then from her calculation, whoever was there had entered the kitchen, so she rose up and made for the run, but she wasn't fast enough.

"Stop! Or I plunge this knife into you" the warrior was fierce

"Please don't kill me, I'm only a servant" Afianmma begged,

"Oh it's you, the girl Odudu was desperate to rescue, I think the king would love you as a trophy" the warrior smiled mischievously. He remembered the slave girl so well, she'd been with Odudu when his disciples had attacked them and the king.

"Please" she cried but he was deaf to her cries and bundled her up.

"Ekong! Come out and face me as a man, though your warriors have overcome mine, the war is not over until you are dead" Odudu stepped into the palace.

He'd slaughtered more than a score of warriors, the gods has strengthened him, there was nothing else to fear. All he yearned for was vengeance of his dead parents and for the total liberation for all Annang lands that were subject to Ekong's tyranny.

"It's over Odudu, fall on your knees and beg me, beg me to spare you a gruesome death" Ekong pushed Afianmma forwards then quickly dragged her back and placed his blade on her neck.

"Don't you dare harm her" Fear gripped him as he realized Ekong had the very thing that could bring him to his knees.

"Well, I have the power, so fall on your knees and call all your men back, tell them to drop their swords" he smiled mischievously and carved Afianmma"s face slightly and she bled.

"Odudu please don't listen to him, I am only a slave, do what you have to do to win this war, even if it leads to my death, I am ready to die" Afianmma cried.

"How lovely, so this slave has a sharp tongue eh? I think I should start with her tongue, I'll carve it out first, then I'd rape her in front of you and kill her after. What do you think Odudu"? Ekong sneered.

" I call you all to stop, guild warriors! Drop your weapons and surrender " Odudu dropped to his feet, he couldn't let Afianmma die.

"Odudu please, he'll kill you" she cried and struggled to break free.

"Ekong, please don't harm her" Odudu begged.

Just as Ekong was about to respond, his warriors fell to the ground with a loud cry, a dozen of them fell at silmutaneously and he lost focus.

"What magic is this"? He turned to face Odudu but it was too late, for Odudu's hands were blessed by the gods and he was given speed, he had plunged his spear into Ekong's skull and it fell apart.

" Abasi!" Afianmma screamed as she'd escaped narrowly.

"I could never harm you! I love you" he rushed to hug her. The guild warriors jubilated as they turned out victorious, while Ekong's men, died one after the other.

"The potion worked!" Afianmma smiled.

"Yes, you saved the day" he kissed her face and she looked away shyly.

"No, you did" she replied.

"My son is dead..." The queen sobbed as she heard the songs of victory that praised Odudu.

"Why would the gods be so cruel"? She wept bitterly.

Moments later, her chamber door was forced open and a young man walked in with a fair maiden and the priest.

" Who is she"? Afianmma whispered.

"Ekong's mother" Odudu replied as he stared at the woman, his appetite for revenge died, there was something familiar about this woman, he felt like he'd known her before.

"The moment of truth is here, like I said Odudu, you shall win and you shall sorrow" the priest stared at him.

"Yes wise one! I remember your prophecy" Odudu was plagued with confusion.

"You vile thing, why did you kill my son"? Ekambamma stared angrily at him. She was about to spit on him when she saw the mark, she wondered if the gods or her orbs were playing with her, how could he bear the same chest mark as Ekong?

" I needed to save this land from tyranny, I plan to spare your life, your respect would do you good" Odudu hissed angrily while Afia patted his shoulder.

"Ekambamma, it is time for you to confess, the gods are willing to spare you but you shall not be able to walk for the rest of your life" the priest delivered the message of the gods.

"I have nothing to confess, they are free to take me" she replied stubbornly.

"Why did you bring me here? This woman is not important to me" Odudu asked the priest.

"She is very important to you, the gods have revealed that she is your motjer , your birth mother, and Ekong was your twin, AMANA IBA, your destinies were entwined, for one to become great, one had to die" the priest explained and they all stared at him in shock.

"My son?" Ekambamma fixed her eyes on the boy, though he didn't share semblance with Ekong, Odudu looked just like her late younger brother, Itiad.

"No, she isn't my mother" Odudu turned to move away but her words stopped him.

"You are truly my other son, you have the same marking as Ekong, you loom like your uncle Itiad, please listen to me, I have a lot to tell you before I die" tears fell from her cheeks.

"Mother? I could never call you that, are you saying that tyrant husband of yours killed those that raised me?" Odudu scoffed.

"It all happened many years ago, after being barren for many years, I took in and gave birth to twins. Twins are accursed, so with the help of Nkoso the priestess of the forest gods, I his this secret, though she took one of the boys from me and promised to keep him safe. I don't know what happened to you, but Ekong was the only son I raised. " the woman cried as she recalled her bitter experience.

"Are you saying I killed my brother"? Odudu felt weak, his victory came hand in hand with sorrow.

" Yes" the priest said as his mother was too weak to reply.

"One of you had to die, no two twins can stay alive in this land, that is the law" the priest added.

"Laws be damned, I have failed, I killed my own brother, though a tyrant, he shouldn't have died in my hands" Odudu sat on the floor.

"I guess it is the will of the gods, come now son! We have each other, at least, you'll give my remaining days a meaning" the queen beckoned to him and he went into her arms and cried there.

3 Likes

Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Countrygirl(f): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
This queen self, nice story angelsss
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Cindymorgan(f): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2017
Nice story
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
Countrygirl:
This queen self, nice story angelsss
Thanks dear
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
Cindymorgan:
Nice story
thank you
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 5:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
Odudu's joy had turned into mourning, when he discovered Ekong was his brother. The warriors had drank and celebrated but he'd not joined them. Asawo had been discovered in the dungeon and Odudu had ordered for his release, too much blood had been shed.

"What are you thinking about my love"? Afianmma stepped into his chambers an into his thoughts.

" About the souls war has eaten" Odudu replied and brightened as he beheld her beautiful face.

"Think no more, I am with child,maybe Ekong would be reborn in him" Afianmma!ma said.

"Abasi! I love you so much" he carried her up and kissed her.

"I love you too my angel" she laughed.

"I promise to love you to to the end" he laughed and it echoed in the palace.

Ekong was later buried like a king and so was Emem and all those that lost their lives.

Odudu was later crowned king, and Afianmma Queen, while Ekambamma was blessed as the queen mother.
Sometimes, life could be regarded as a basket with a thousand fruits, some came ripe, some came decayed, whatever happens, you can pick another.

2 Likes

Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 5:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
Odudu's joy had turned into mourning, when he discovered Ekong was his brother. The warriors had drank and celebrated but he'd not joined them. Asawo had been discovered in the dungeon and Odudu had ordered for his release, too much blood had been shed.

"What are you thinking about my love"? Afianmma stepped into his chambers an into his thoughts.

" About the souls war has eaten" Odudu replied and brightened as he beheld her beautiful face.

"Think no more, I am with child,maybe Ekong would be reborn in him" Afianmma!ma said.

Ekong was later buried like a king and so was Emem and all those that lost their lives.

Odudu was later crowned king, and Afianmma Queen, while Ekambamma was blessed as the queen mother.
Sometimes, life could be regarded as a basket with a thousand fruits, some came ripe, some came decayed, whatever happens, you can pick another.

THE END.

3 Likes

Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by MrPetex(m): 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
nice story, I like the way it ended
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by kinah(f): 8:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
there is no part of the story that shows wen odudu and afiam were intimate. I only no of the other lady. or am I missing somepart of the story
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by princessadeola(f): 7:19am On Jun 12, 2017
Nice story. Pls finish Dayo's Angel.
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Whiydhee(m): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
Angelsss:
AMANA-IBA (ENTWINED DESTINY) BY ROSE AKPABIO
ASWANA VILLAGE
She was a slave, an ‘ifon’ in the society, her place was lowly and her fate was ascertain, uknown, just like the rushing river water where she dipped her legs.

‘Abasi di yanga mii’ she hummed a tune she had learnt from her mother who had died when she was very young, before she turned a slave.
It was ‘Atim’ market day and slaves were not to be seen in the village market or any other place where the free born were present, that in itself was an abomination and such a slave was to be sacrificed to the goddess who was being revered on that day.

Afiamma inhaled deeply and let the tears flow freely on her supple cheeks, she was fairest among maidens, her skin blazed like a thousand diamonds and her eyes were twin almonds. Her breasts stood proudly like wine gourds, both were supported by her wide hips, she was truly beautiful, yet still, a slave.

She cried as she recalled the torments she had encountered from her years of slavery, and more to come if nothing was done, but what could she do? She had no one to save her, her old slave master had sold her to a very mean widow, Ufot, she had no choice but to persevere and pray to the gods of the sky, abasi enyong, the earth gods, abasi isong and the gods of the river, ndem mmong, to save her from slavery.

Just as she was about to leave the riverside, she felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned to face the intruder but he quickly covered her mouth with his firm hands and carried her into the nearby bush.
Angelsss:
ASWANA VILLAGE
She was a slave, an ‘ifon’ in the society, her place was lowly and her fate was ascertain, uknown, just like the rushing river water where she dipped her legs.

‘Abasi di yanga mii’ she hummed a tune she had learnt from her mother who had died when she was very young, before she turned a slave.
It was ‘Atim’ market day and slaves were not to be seen in the village market or any other place where the free born were present, that in itself was an abomination and such a slave was to be sacrificed to the goddess who was being revered on that day.

Afiamma inhaled deeply and let the tears flow freely on her supple cheeks, she was fairest among maidens, her skin blazed like a thousand diamonds and her eyes were twin almonds. Her breasts stood proudly like wine gourds, both were supported by her wide hips, she was truly beautiful, yet still, a slave.

She cried as she recalled the torments she had encountered from her years of slavery, and more to come if nothing was done, but what could she do? She had no one to save her, her old slave master had sold her to a very mean widow, Ufot, she had no choice but to persevere and pray to the gods of the sky, abasi enyong, the earth gods, abasi isong and the gods of the river, ndem mmong, to save her from slavery.

Just as she was about to leave the riverside, she felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned to face the intruder but he quickly covered her mouth with his firm hands and carried her into the nearby bush.
Angelsss:
ASWANA VILLAGE

Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Whiydhee(m): 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2017
Angelsss:

THE END.
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by EvaJael(f): 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2017
Great story angelsss
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Divepen1(m): 11:48am On Jun 19, 2017
it makes sense to the end.. lalasticlala Obinnau
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2017
EvaJael:
Great story angelsss
thanks honey
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by Angelsss(f): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2017
Divepen1:
it makes sense to the end.. lalasticlala Obinnau
thanks
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by faithfulgrl(f): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
all ur stories are captivating. more ink to ur pen.i'm eager to read dayo's angel.
Re: Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:35am On Jun 24, 2017
eyen eka, nice story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 2 / The Nigeria Of My Dream: Playlet Written By A Nairalander / The Divorcé Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.