Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:31 AM

Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) (55585 Views)

Snake Killed Today In My Neighbors Wardrobe / World's Deadliest Snake - Africa's Black Mamba / NEW Wave Of Cigarette Black Mamba Hits UK And Makes Consumers Zombies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by deolu2000(m): 10:46am On May 11, 2017
If i were to be lala, i will disappoint you all for thinking i can't leave without eating snakes, i also eat cats and flies as well now.
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Afritop(m): 10:49am On May 11, 2017
CAPTURING A PEPPERSOUP
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by xtivin(m): 10:50am On May 11, 2017
Someone please educate me why this snake loves wardrobe
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 10:53am On May 11, 2017
"In another case, 28-year-old British student Nathan Layton was bitten by a black mamba and died of a heart attack in less than an hour in March 2008.
The black mamba had been found near a classroom at the Southern African Wildlife College in Hoedspruit, where Layton was training to be a safari guide.

Layton was bitten by the snake on his index finger while it was being put into a jar, but he didn't realize he'd been bitten. He thought the snake had only brushed his hand.
Approximately 30 minutes after being bitten Layton complained of blurred vision.

He collapsed and died of a heart attack, nearly an hour after being bitten. Attempts to revive him failed, and he was pronounced dead at the scene".

wiki

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by altitudee: 10:53am On May 11, 2017
Even bigger than that... more deadly than the King Cobra itself
hernandson:
black mamba can be big like that?
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 10:55am On May 11, 2017
Still... my passion for snakes won't diminish
smiley
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Babalegba(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2017
judey1992:
he would have died in Active service....

seems their law forbids killing of snake.

snake wey woman for just kill, she dey call snake catcher.
Do you actually know how deadly and how quick the black mamba is. Anybody tackling it without special training is essentially committing suicide

2 Likes

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 10:57am On May 11, 2017
judey1992:

Black mambas are fast, nervous, lethally venomous, and when threatened, highly aggressive. They have been blamed for numerous human deaths, and African myths exaggerate their capabilities to legendary proportions. For these reasons, the black mamba is widely considered the world’s deadliest snake. Black mambas live in the savannas and rocky hills of southern and eastern Africa. They are Africa’s longest venomous snake, reaching up to 14 feet (4.5 meters) in length, although 8.2 feet (2.5 meters) is more the average. They are also among the fastest snakes in the world, slithering at speeds of up to 12.5 miles per hour (20 kilometers per hour). They get their name not from their skin color, which tends to be olive to gray, but rather from the blue-black color of the inside of their mouth, which they display when threatened. Black mambas are shy and will almost always seek to escape when confronted. However, when cornered, these snakes will raise their heads, sometimes with a third of their body off the ground, spread their cobra-like neck-flap, open their black mouths, and hiss. If an attacker persists, the mamba will strike not once, but repeatedly, injecting large amounts of potent neuro- and cardiotoxin with each strike. Before the advent of black mamba antivenin, a bite from this fearsome serpent was 100 percent fatal, usually within about 20 minutes. Unfortunately, antivenin is still not widely available in the rural parts of the mamba’s range, and mamba-related deaths remain frequent.

. Broda go and try to kill the most venomous snake yourself

3 Likes

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Austindumas1(m): 10:57am On May 11, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
What of the deadly cobra my GF found in my trousers? shocked
harmless earthworm you mean?

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by GeneralOjukwu: 11:09am On May 11, 2017
Austindumas1:
harmless earthworm you mean?

ask your mum...she loves it tongue
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by smith666999(m): 11:14am On May 11, 2017
very dangerous snake, can kill a man in 20 minutes depending on the point where it bit...

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by engrjacuzzi: 11:16am On May 11, 2017
who is lalastical?? is he of the snake family
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 11:27am On May 11, 2017
common scorpion that crept into my room through the window I ran away for weeks. this kain thing I will pack out of the house

3 Likes

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by timilehing(m): 11:28am On May 11, 2017
Black mamba is not a black snake. They are brown. They are called "Black Mamba" cos their mouth floor & roof is black
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by staga: 11:30am On May 11, 2017
brandonobi:
Hmmm black mamba, one bite and its over, no antivenom for that thing

Says who? There is.
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 11:34am On May 11, 2017
judey1992:

abeg if u see black mamba run faster than your shadow, na dis type dem dey call tomorrow-too-far

2 Likes

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by hernandson(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2017
altitudee:
Even bigger than that... more deadly than the King Cobra itself
na wa oo,they shouldn't be uploading it on nairaland na,make e no bite pesin through screen oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by hernandson(m): 11:38am On May 11, 2017
palophilip:
Winning has become an habit each time my fixed games are out cause I want people to understand betting is not a bad thing if you do it within the framework of what it's meant to be, which is subscribe and win,View won ticket for your delight.
bros why is all the fixed games always played with nairabet?, why not bet naija? where the coupon can easily be checked? answer this please
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by hernandson(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2017
bet slip not found, therefore you are a fraud!!!

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by hernandson(m): 11:46am On May 11, 2017
fraud

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 11:48am On May 11, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
What of the deadly cobra my GF found in my trousers? shocked
cheesy cheesy cheesy Do you mean trouserlistrauses, a very dangerous species, that bites only women? grin grin
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by hernandson(m): 11:48am On May 11, 2017
Gurusblend:
chai, i want my news to be posted on front page, let me start looking for snakes

grin grin grin grin grin grin
bros just go snake island....even if you die there your news go reach ftp
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by nattyjay(m): 11:51am On May 11, 2017
beautiful232:
I'm so scared right. now,don't think I will sleep in the house for days

haaa

PM lalasticlala
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by judey1992(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2017
Piercy:

Black mambas are fast, nervous, lethally venomous, and when
threatened, highly aggressive. They have been blamed for
numerous human deaths, and African myths exaggerate their
capabilities to legendary proportions. For these reasons, the
black mamba is widely considered the world’s deadliest
snake.
Black mambas live in the savannas and rocky hills of southern
and eastern Africa. They are Africa’s longest venomous snake,
reaching up to 14 feet (4.5 meters) in length, although 8.2 feet
(2.5 meters) is more the average. They are also among the
fastest snakes in the world, slithering at speeds of up to 12.5
miles per hour (20 kilometers per hour).
They get their name not from their skin color, which tends to
be olive to gray, but rather from the blue-black color of the
inside of their mouth, which they display when threatened.
Black mambas are shy and will almost always seek to escape
when confronted. However, when cornered, these snakes will
raise their heads, sometimes with a third of their body off the
ground, spread their cobra-like neck-flap, open their black
mouths, and hiss. If an attacker persists, the mamba will strike
not once, but repeatedly, injecting large amounts of potent
neuro- and cardiotoxin with each strike.
Before the advent of black mamba antivenin, a bite from this
fearsome serpent was 100 percent fatal, usually within about
20 minutes. Unfortunately, antivenin is still not widely available
in the rural parts of the mamba’s range, and mamba-related
deaths remain frequent.

. Broda go and try to kill the most venomous snake yourself
points gotten bro. i cant create life, for that i no go risk am.

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by hernandson(m): 11:56am On May 11, 2017
palophilip:
Winning has become an habit each time my fixed games are out cause I want people to understand betting is not a bad thing if you do it within the framework of what it's meant to be, which is subscribe and win,View won ticket for your delight.
DO THE COUPON CHECK AND POST IT, your other pal that posted with merry bet ran away after I exposed him,you too are a fraud
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by GeneralOjukwu: 11:57am On May 11, 2017
blues20:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Do you mean trouserlistrauses, a very dangerous species, that bites only women? grin grin

....whose venom is NAFDAC-certified natural yogurt? cool is that the snake ?

The venom doesn't kill... it makes life wink
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by brandonobi(m): 11:59am On May 11, 2017
staga:

Says who? There is.
how come, black mambas have a hundred % death rate
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Unclerukus: 12:17pm On May 11, 2017
Arda1000:
This one is a rare breed
Black mamba is black mamba. Nothing like rare breed that's an adult mamba.
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by Baroba(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2017
brandonobi:
Hmmm black mamba, one bite and its over, no antivenom for that thing

Na lie, anti venom dey..you probably die if you dont get it in an hour..
Re: Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) by brandonobi(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2017
Baroba:

Na lie, anti venom dey..you probably die if you dont get it in an hour..
k, I no knw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyota Camry Crashes Into Nissan In Edo As Police Chase Suspected Yahoo Boys / Strange Aircraft Responsible For Building Collapse-TB Joshua / Is This A Man Or A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.