Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos (1488 Views)

Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message / Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by demiladegold(f): 9:59pm On May 11, 2017
The Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu has finally cleared the air on what exactly happened when he was said to have snubbed the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi at a public function in Lagos State.

The Oba claimed that his gesture was not intended to snub the Ooni as claimed by social media rather it was the culturally acclaimed way of greeting monarchs in Lagos state used in the olden days by the forefathers.

Oba Akiolu spoke through one of the white cap chiefs of Lagos state, chief Lateef Aderigbigbe Ajose who is the Opeoluwa Onido of Lagos.

Ajose claimed the Lagos monarch did not ignore the Ooni of Ife at the function as being misconceived by people. He said Oba Akiolu's response was the culturally acclaimed way of greeting a Monarch in Lagos.

He added that the Oba is basically trying to revive the culture and tradition of ancient Lagos, which is peculiar to the state.

Other tribes also have their peculiar ways of greeting, he said.
quite unfortunate the first victim of this change had to be the Ooni of Ife. Well it happens...

Eyi ni iroyin ti mo mu wa fun yin ni ale oni... Oruko mi ni Demilade gold.... Odaaro...kaa sun re, ka si jiire....

Source: http://www.ugamamedia.com/author/ugamamedia_zlvwnp/
Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 11, 2017
Aki n bu oba but mo sorry gan, iro ti fo ori Oba Akiolu. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by demiladegold(f): 10:12pm On May 11, 2017
Aderola15:

O sun mi o.... I didn't want to create any thread on Nl again but when I saw this, I just couldn't handle the lie alone.... Iro yen ti poju mehn
Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by mykemiley(f): 10:13pm On May 11, 2017
Story
Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by demiladegold(f): 10:14pm On May 11, 2017
mykemiley:
Story

For the gods abi.... I know
Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Dotwillis1(m): 10:17pm On May 11, 2017
iroyin e ko Ni source undecided
Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by demiladegold(f): 10:19pm On May 11, 2017
Dotwillis1:
iroyin e ko Ni source undecided

Sowie o jare... Coming up now
Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by IpobAreFools(f): 10:44pm On May 11, 2017
Igbos sees this thread and be like. ...

Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Olu317(m): 2:11pm On May 12, 2017
Aderola15:
grin
Aderola15:
I agree
Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by Chita29: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2017
this serious and interesting lols... http://awardmp3.com/music/view/56242564?get-file=mp3%20download%20DJ%20EnyHow%20-%20Non%20Stop%20Ft.%20ClassiQ
Re: Why I Snubbed The Ooni Of Ife --oba Akiolu Of Lagos by DallasDoc(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2017
I think the Oba of Lagos regretted his action in appearing to snub the Ooni of Ife, who is the head of the spiritual center of YOrubaland. His explanations are only an attempt at apology and should be accepted as that

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know Yoruba Language Is Just Around 800 Years Old? / Adegunodo Ruling House Of Iwo: Open Letter To Osun State Governor / Nigerians Where Is The Beef

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.