Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most (22588 Views)

These Truly Wireless Earphones Have A 3600mah Battery! The Best You Can Get Now / Android Battery Killers: 5 Worst Apps That Use Up Smartphone Battery / What Are The First 5 Apps You Will Install When You Get A New Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by TechLector: 11:58pm On May 11, 2017
The importance of having sufficient​ battery power in any smartphone nowadays cannot be overstated. We, as humans, have become our smartphone. We own it. We breathe it. We live it. This addiction to our smartphones have made the battery one of the most important component in a smartphone.

My point is, the level of smartphone usage of the average human per day requires more battery power. More than smartphone manufacturers embed in devices. We text, tweet, update our social media platforms, share images, videos, download files, GPS, alarm, surf the internet, watch movies, read books and many more.

Normally, certain smartphones are built and designed to last for long periods. But somehow, the opposite happens. An example is a scenario where a smartphone manufacturer claims the 4000mAh battery on a particular device can give about 48hours of usage but ends up lasting for 10hours.

However, what most smartphone users haven’t really taken their time to ask is “what could be the cause of this?” Do they have a faulty battery? Or worst case, a faulty device.

While the above suggestions are possible reasons why your smartphone battery drains quickly, there are certain battery draining apps that can shortchange your battery’s longevity. See them below.

Top 5 battery draining apps

1. Facebook

One of the app that drains your smartphone battery the most is Facebook. Facebook drains so much battery that about 5 minutes on your Facebook timeline could cause a 10-20% drain in battery level.

2. SnapChat

SnapChat​ is fun, no doubts. The image sharing, video streaming and updates are things majority of youths​, even adults, now live for. Sadly, this app drains a lot of battery juice. Not only battery power, it also drain storage too, as it downloads all the video and image update on your Snap into some hidden folders.

3. Facebook Messenger

While Facebook drains a lot of battery, its ally, Facebook Messenger also follows in the same footstep. The constant notification updates​ and prompts are one of those things that makes the messenger a battery drainer.

4. Google​ Maps

Google Maps has saved lives. In fact, the number of missing persons cases wouldn’t have reach the uncountable height if not for this wonderful app. Sadly, as useful as this app is, it does quite some havoc to your smartphone battery. The app uses your device’s GPS/location feature and it takes quite some battery juice.

5. Netflix

This app, just like SnapChat, has quickly evolved to be one of the most used app. Netflix​ fills that void of both momentary and ceaseless boredom. But there’s a “but”. The constant streaming of your movie or series not just only zap data/internet, it drains your battery as quickly as possible too.

source: https://techlector.com/5-battery-draining-apps/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Famoustemmy(m): 12:03am On May 12, 2017
Okay
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by tevanso(m): 12:04am On May 12, 2017
what is the solution to these problems

3 Likes

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by walemoney007(m): 12:15am On May 12, 2017
tevanso:
what is the solution to these problems
the solution is to charge it when using it or after using it

9 Likes

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by directonpc(m): 6:18am On May 12, 2017
Even Whatsapp drain battery.

Any app that makes use of Internet, your phone dispaly and heavy processor usage can drain battery.

#Tech Fact

6 Likes

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by abumeinben(m): 7:32am On May 12, 2017
The only relevant app there is Google map.
Others are wastes​.

I uninstalled Facebook over 18 months ago. Chrome browser​ is my Facebook app.
It's just so absurd when I see Facebook and then messanger on one phone.

What does Snapchat do exactly? There is also instantgram or so.

Too many apps to get one confused these days.

18 Likes

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Nobody: 7:32am On May 12, 2017
plus instagram

And all those dr battery, antivirus etc are also irrelevant, they drain battery too

2 Likes

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by HRich(m): 7:32am On May 12, 2017
OK
3VQ65RH

3 Likes

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Nobody: 7:33am On May 12, 2017
If you like delete all those apps, your battery will still drain.....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by hernandson(m): 7:33am On May 12, 2017
owkay
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by MVLOX(m): 7:33am On May 12, 2017
Na only 2 I get
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by segebase(m): 7:34am On May 12, 2017
I have none of this apps on my fone self
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by DivinelyBlessed: 7:34am On May 12, 2017
INSTAGRAM

That app dey suck the blood of the battery
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by spidey77: 7:34am On May 12, 2017
what about Music Player?

Checkout the most deadly waterways in the world here

http://expressdigger..com.ng/2017/05/there-are-quite-man-cannot-do-without.html?m=1
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Punctual(m): 7:35am On May 12, 2017
Well i believe this all depends on the battery capacity of a phone
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by hernandson(m): 7:35am On May 12, 2017
HRich:
OK
3VQ65RH
make sense game bro
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by opalu: 7:35am On May 12, 2017
Now I know
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by AngelicBeing: 7:35am On May 12, 2017
smiley
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Nobody: 7:36am On May 12, 2017
segebase:
I have none of this apps on my fone self

And you will raise your hand if smartphone users are being acknowledged

1 Like

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Tazdroid(m): 7:36am On May 12, 2017
...that drain your battery the most

..and

6. Whatsapp
7. Twitter
8. Candy crush
9. Subway surfers
10. Torchlight

..no dey

1 Like

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Goahead(m): 7:38am On May 12, 2017
abumeinben:
The only relevant app there is Google map.
Others are wastes​.

I installed Facebook over 18 months ago. Chrome browser​ is my Facebook app.
It's just so absurd when I see Facebook and then messanger on one phone.

What does Snapchat do exactly? There is also instantgram or so.

Too many apps to get one confused these days.

You're my type bruh. Facebook, messenger, snap chat and Instagram in one phone? Hell NO!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by GreatChizzy: 7:39am On May 12, 2017
Lemme even delete this useless Snapchat...

Mtcheeeeew
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Stanleyville(m): 7:39am On May 12, 2017
Otio!!!

Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by HRich(m): 7:41am On May 12, 2017
hernandson:
make sense game bro
You checked it already
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Nobody: 7:44am On May 12, 2017
OK I don't have any of these apps on my phone. I'll pass. cheesy grin
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Dottore: 7:45am On May 12, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Agimor(m): 7:46am On May 12, 2017
In addition Mobdro and nairaland App.
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by hernandson(m): 7:47am On May 12, 2017
HRich:

You checked it already
yes bro
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Nobody: 7:48am On May 12, 2017
Oning yhur de Internet. Chikenan
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by ITbomb(m): 7:49am On May 12, 2017
Enjoy both world, use the lite version of the app to save data and battery.

Instead of to have both Facebook app and messenger on your phone, why not use the lite version of one of them.

Messenger has a very sleek lite version which you can use, Click here to check features and download
Re: 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most by Nobody: 7:51am On May 12, 2017
Forgot to add NAIRALAND

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 4 Pro Problems / Battle Of The 3gb Ram: Infinix Note 4 Pro Vs Hot S2 Pro Vs A1 Lite + Camera Test / MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.