Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (92132 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by EdifiedHebrew: 9:07am On Jan 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
www.livingwaters.com

"How can one witness to a Jehovah's Witness? They know so much about the bible and even revered Jesus but they don't believe that Jesus is God." Rocio Soto

I make it a habit not to try and convince a Jehovah's Witness that Jesus is God in human form. There are two reasons for this.

The first is that they have their own version of the Bible that removes references to the true nature of Jesus.

Second, when Jesus asked Peter "Who do you say that I am?" Jesus said to him that flesh and blood hadn't revealed that truth to him, but "my Father who is in Heaven." God is the one who reveals who Jesus is, so I leave that up to Him.

So you have two insurmountable hurdles if you argue doctrine with a JW. They move the goalposts, and they are spiritually blind.

The key to unlocking the door to them is to identify the real issue.

That issue is that JW's are a works righteousness religion. You can uncover this by saying, "There's a knife in my back and I have three minutes to live. What should I do to enter the Kingdom?" It's then that you will discover that they are trusting in works for their salvation rather than in the grace of God through Jesus Christ.

So you have to put them up the River Niagara without a paddle.

Strip them of their false hope. No one will be saved through good works or by being religious. The way to do that is to take them through the spiritual nature of God's Law (the Ten Commandments). Then share the biblical gospel with them--that we are saved by grace through faith alone (without works), and pray that God opens their eyes to the truth.

Once they are truly born again they will leave the Jehovah's Witnesses and become witness of Jesus Christ:

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and YOU SHALL BE WITNESS TO ME in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth" Acts 1:8, caps added)

If you don't know how to go through God's Law watch www.NoahTheMovie.com (1.2 million views).

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 11 May 2014

Both Jehovah Wickedness & Christainity, Islam & Other man made religion are PURE WITCHCRAFT & IDOLATARY. they will be destroyed when Yahawashi Hamasciach Comes back on earth to render heavy damages on them with his fury anger.

MATTHEW 24: For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

REVELATION 1: 7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

JEREMIAH 51: 17 Every man is brutish by his knowledge; every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.

18 They are vanity, the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish.

19 The portion of Jacob is not like them; for he is the former of all things: and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: the LORD of hosts is his name.

20 Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms;

21 And with thee will I break in pieces the horse and his rider; and with thee will I break in pieces the chariot and his rider;

22 With thee also will I break in pieces man and woman; and with thee will I break in pieces old and young; and with thee will I break in pieces the young man and the maid;

23 I will also break in pieces with thee the shepherd and his flock; and with thee will I break in pieces the husbandman and his yoke of oxen; and with thee will I break in pieces captains and rulers.

ISAIAH 24:1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.

4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 09, 2019
SHAME on Kumuyi and all YOU his mumuscious followers! embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 9:09am On Jan 09, 2019
TATIME:

OLAADEGBU! Please come up with something meaningful, all these cartoons are NOTHING grin grin grin
Below are Jehovah's Witnesses for REAL! wink wink wink

false jw tatime

all those cartoons tell a bibical story

all your pics show nothing except a lot of gullible people who are told what to believe
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by EdifiedHebrew: 9:11am On Jan 09, 2019
TATIME:
FALSE! God ONLY gives HIS Holy Spirit to those who are willing to OBEY the instructions from HIS representatives! cheesy cheesy cheesy
God never force those who aren't obedient to the word.
That's why i keep repeating it that Kumuyi is not teaching you anything tangible!
I don't expect the Holy Spirit to touch you because you haven't agreed with God's required standards. If that's how it works then nobody will miss God's kingdom after all God wants all to be saved! wink wink wink
So my friend it's AFTER you've accepted all that Jesus taught or willing to continue learning from Jesus' TRUE followers that the Holy Spirit can have ANYTHING to do with you! So wise up out of this your stupidity. undecided undecided undecided
1 JOHN 2: 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by EdifiedHebrew: 9:14am On Jan 09, 2019
TATIME:
SHAME on Kumuyi and all YOU his mumuscious followers! embarassed embarassed embarassed
They will be destroyed if they don't repent and stop following Kumuyi's commandments.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 09, 2019
johnw47:

false jw tatime

all your pics show nothing except a lot of gullible people who are told what to believe
Biblical stories of course but those are the pictures of individuals who are PRACTICING as in the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of what the Bible says NOT just telling stories that's you're not getting any lasting benefits! We're now in the section of WISDOM Sir, WISDOM is the practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits!
We're not saying you don't know the STORIES which is just the head knowledge, as in accumulation of useful information. So think before you type! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 9:42am On Jan 09, 2019
TATIME:
Biblical stories of course but those are the pictures of individuals who are PRACTICING as in the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of what the Bible says NOT just telling stories that's you're not getting any lasting benefits! We're now in the section of WISDOM Sir, WISDOM is the practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits!
We're not saying you don't know the STORIES which is just the head knowledge, as in accumulation of useful information. So think before you type! cheesy cheesy cheesy

false jw tatime, i do

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Jan 09, 2019

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2019
johnw47:

false jw tatime, i do
There's no need responding to your post because you've never said anything that worth it!
Imagine STORIES that you've been hearing since kids,
Mary became pregnant by spirit.
Joseph wanted to disown her.
Jesus was born in a manger.
Grew up and started preaching and teaching people.
He was betrayed and Executed.
So it's whether TWO nails or THREE that's of significance in all we've been saying for almost a week now! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Preachers are VOLUNTARILY going to meet people in their homes.
Teaching them from the Bible.
Many are changing their attitude towards materialism.
Many are saying goodbye to wars.
Many are turning away from politics.
Many are putting Faith in the future Paradise.
Many are also joining the campaigners of the kingdom
And your interest is in the stories that even little MUSLIMS knew from school! What is the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of all these? You're not interested,yours is just to argue against those EXHIBITING the FRUITS of the STORIES and saying "the are FALSE". undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

1 JOHN 2: 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
So after calling the attention of Jehovah's Witnesses to his stupid post,all that OLAADEGBU can do to "Witness to Jehovah's Witnesses" is to start posting cartoons from his STUPID, GREEDY,LYING and THIEF G.O Kumuyi! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Well this is "how one can witness to a Jehovah's Witness" according to OLAADEGBU courtesy Mr Kumuyi (his Daddy G.O)

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
TATIME:
There's no need responding to your post because you've never said anything that worth it!

yet you respond, duh

TATIME:
And your interest is in the stories that even little MUSLIMS knew from school! What is the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of all these? You're not interested undecided undecided undecided

false jw tatime
for about the tenth time,
of course i'm not interisted in discussions with satans mob
showing up some of your lies is what i like to do
and boy does that keep me busy

wow you are so duh, and of course lie like hell:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
TATIME:
embarassed embarassed embarassed
undecided undecided undecided

false jw tatime how you love to lie, like your daddy devil, post after post day after day,

how about this one for something not worth a reply:

https://www.nairaland.com/2720878/jehovahs-witnesses-17-facts-people/229#74460726
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
War Games!

You are the target!

https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=1090

She has gone through intensive 'training' 5 nights a week for years making her combat ready for your soul.

1 Share

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

She has gone through intensive 'training' 5 nights a week for years making her combat ready for your soul.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Raynier: 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2019
Jesus is GOD!!!

During the Last Supper, just after washing the disciples’ feet, Jesus made a bold statement:

“You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.” (John 13:13)

The New Testament was originally written in Greek. The Greek word for “Lord” is Kurios, meaning “God—supreme in authority. Jesus was making the point that they were to follow the example (serving one another) set by God Himself. Later that evening, He reiterated His claim by saying to Philip,

“…He who has seen Me has seen the Father.” (John 14:9)

Perhaps the most direct and profound example of Jesus claiming to be God is found at the end of the eighth chapter of John.

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” (John 8:58)

This may seem like a confusing answer, but the Jews knew exactly what He was claiming. By using the term “I am,” He was making Himself out to be Yahweh (God) of the Old Testament. We know that the Jews understood His claim, since verse 59 tells us that they wanted to stone Him. He was claiming to have existed not only before Abraham, but eternally. We find the name “I AM” first used when God called Moses to lead the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. Not being crazy about the whole idea, Moses started making excuses. If he told the “sons of Israel” that the God of their fathers had sent him to them, what should he say if they asked, “What is His name?”

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Here, God, in giving this name, gives the essential meaning of Yahweh—I am the One who is. By referring to Himself with the same name, Jesus is unmistakably claiming to be God. Anyone who argues that Jesus never made such a claim simply hasn’t bothered to search the Scriptures for themselves.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

Hebrews 1 New International Version (NIV)
8 But about the Son He says,
Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

Revelation 22
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Revelation 21
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
6 He said to me: “It is done. [b]I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End
. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Melissa discovers that Jesus is Jehovah (Yahweh). smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41am On Jan 17, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Melissa discovers that Jesus is Jehovah (Yahweh). smiley

Melissa's armour is shattered and she gets saved. smiley

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

JW's Trying To Witness To A Christian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcFMGKLTI5k

This is interesting. cheesy
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2019
Answering JW's

Here is the evidence that Jesus is God with a capital "G" who created all things.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The simple logic of this verse can be summed up as thus:

THE WORD = GOD

In John 1:14 it states:

"The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us."

From these verses we can deduce the following:

JESUS = THE WORD

If A = B and

B = C  then

A = C.

Then,

JESUS = THE WORD and

THE WORD = GOD,

therefore:

JESUS = GOD

If you contend that John 1:1 should be translated as "The Word was a god," and not "The Word was God." And if you are arguing that since theos (the Greek word for God) is preceded by the definite article (the) when it first appears in the verse, and the second time it appears it is not preceded by the definite article, then will be justified for translating the last part of John 1:1 "the Word was a god," because God appears without the definite article.  And you claim that John 1:1 does not say anything about Jesus' identity (i.e,  that He is God), but refers to a quality about Him.  There are, however, no reputable authorities or translations that support your JW translation of this verse.  In fact, your NWT has caused considerable outrage among Greek scholars because it is a major distortion of the text.

We are not surprised that the JW's don't even play by their own rules, it is inconsistently applied throughout your NWT.  Theos appears 6 times without the definite article in the first 18 verses of John's gospel (1,6,12,13 and twice in 18).  Yet, in the NWT, it is rendered God (referring to Jehovah), not a god, in each instance except for the last clause of 1:1, when it refers to Jesus! Do you see your inconsistencies? cheesy

To remain consistent, the JW's must hold that verse 6 should read:

"There arose a man that was sent forth as a representative of a god,"

that verse 12 should read:

"to become a god's children," and so on.

If you observe carefully you will note that the absence of the definite article does not refer to someone other than the true God.  The scholarly Arndt and Gingrich Greek Lexicon, p. 357, states that theos is used "quite predominantly of the true God, sometimes with, sometimes without, the article."

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 12:20am On Jan 25, 2019
@OLAADEGBU

U dey post gabage dey deceive yourself & people wey no know their right from their left.

* "In a beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and a god was the Word'
Emphatic Diaglott (1864)
Benjamin Wilson.

*NWT, u know that one..

Assignment for u.. .
Go see this Bibles & coman tell us what u found in John 1:1..

* The New Testament In Greek & English ( 1822)
A .Kneeland.

. *The New Testament in an Improved Version (1808)
Thomas Belsham

*The New Testament of Our Lord& Saviour Jesus Anointed (1958),
J.L. Tomanec

*The Coptic Version of the New Testament..... (1911)
George William Horner

Contrary to the lie u believe, KJV is not the first English language Bible.

I shall be back...
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 1:40am On Jan 25, 2019
Janosky:

* "In a beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and a god was the Word'

lying pharisee false jw jano/onej

the Word is God:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

the jews knew Jesus was saying: I and my Father are God:
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one. 
Joh 10:31  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 
Joh 10:32  Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 
Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

of course you lying pharisee jano/onej change the plain and clear meaning of what God inspired:
Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Janosky:
I shall be back...

Wooooooooooo scary, cheesy
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 2:36am On Jan 25, 2019
johnw47:

lying pharisee false jw jano/onej

the Word is God:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

the jews knew Jesus was saying: I and my Father are God:
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one. 
Joh 10:31  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 
Joh 10:32  Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 
Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

of course you lying pharisee jano/onej change the plain and clear meaning of what God inspired:
Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Wooooooooooo scary, cheesy
Lol.. ..

U deceive yourselves that your fake john1'1 kjv is true whereas many Bible translations lend credence to the fact that NWT is very valid& correct in John 1:1.
The truth is always scary to johnw lying Pharisee & his fellow Pharisees.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 5:02am On Jan 25, 2019
Janosky:

Lol.. ..

U deceive yourselves that your fake john1'1 kjv is true whereas many Bible translations lend credence to the fact that NWT is very valid& correct in John 1:1.
The truth is always scary to johnw lying Pharisee & his fellow Pharisees.

oh duh lying pharisee jano/onej

do you want me to post more scriptures showing that Jesus is God? ask anytime, smile

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

jano/onej:
Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 9:55am On Jan 25, 2019
johnw47:

oh duh lying pharisee jano/onej

do you want me to post more scriptures showing that Jesus is God? ask anytime, smile

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

jano/onej:

"Jesus is God" johnw lying Pharisee misquoting scriptures.

"Jesus cried out with a loud voice:
'My God ,my God why have you forsaken me" (Psalms 22;1. Matt27:46.).

Your "god" cried out to himself with a loud voice.
Stupid senseless Pharisee.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 25, 2019
Janosky:

Instead of going to sue their useless religious title chiefs that taught them unexplainable doctrines, they're agitating against JWs for showing them the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what the Bible is saying!
Imagine "Jesus is the Almighty God but when this same Jesus is in trouble He started crying out loudly to Himself to come and save Himself!

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is Jehovah (Yahweh). smiley

Janosky:

"Jesus is God" lying Pharisee misquoting scriptures.

The "god" of OLAADEGBU cried out with a loud voice & died where he was impaled. (Matt27:50).
Una sense done lost tay tay.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 11:31am On Jan 25, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Answering JW's

Here is the evidence that Jesus is God with a capital "G" who created all things.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The simple logic of this verse can be summed up as thus:

THE WORD = GOD

In John 1:14 it states:

"The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us."

From these verses we can deduce the following:

JESUS = THE WORD

If A = B and

B = C  then

A = C.

Then,

JESUS = THE WORD and

THE WORD = GOD,

therefore:

JESUS = GOD

If you contend that John 1:1 should be translated as "The Word was a god," and not "The Word was God." And if you are arguing that since theos (the Greek word for God) is preceded by the definite article (the) when it first appears in the verse, and the second time it appears it is not preceded by the definite article, then will be justified for translating the last part of John 1:1 "the Word was a god," because God appears without the definite article.  And you claim that John 1:1 does not say anything about Jesus' identity (i.e,  that He is God), but refers to a quality about Him.  There are, however, no reputable authorities or translations that support your JW translation of this verse.  In fact, your NWT has caused considerable outrage among Greek scholars because it is a major distortion of the text.

We are not surprised that the JW's don't even play by their own rules, it is inconsistently applied throughout your NWT.  Theos appears 6 times without the definite article in the first 18 verses of John's gospel (1,6,12,13 and twice in 18).  Yet, in the NWT, it is rendered God (referring to Jehovah), not a god, in each instance except for the last clause of 1:1, when it refers to Jesus! Do you see your inconsistencies? cheesy

To remain consistent, the JW's must hold that verse 6 should read:

"There arose a man that was sent forth as a representative of a god,"

that verse 12 should read:

"to become a god's children," and so on.

If you observe carefully you will note that the absence of the definite article does not refer to someone other than the true God.  The scholarly Arndt and Gingrich Greek Lexicon, p. 357, states that theos is used "quite predominantly of the true God, sometimes with, sometimes without, the article."

OLAADEGBU lying Pharisee wey no get sense .

* U dey quote John 1:12, make we use am start : English
"To become the children of God" ,
"that is to those who believe in his name"

Greek texts John:12says:
"To become the children of God ,that is, those who believe into the his name"
(" the" Greek, omitted in English "in his name", omission of definite article ).

* John 1:1,2 Greek " In beginning..(no definite article) the Word was with the God "(definite article).

*John 1:1,2 English "In the beginning " (definite article added).
"the Word was with God (omission of definite article).

If u dey honest, U see that context helps determine whether to omit or add indefinite /definite articles.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 11:47am On Jan 25, 2019
Janosky:
@OLAADEGBU

U dey post gabage dey deceive yourself & people wey no know their right from their left.

Emphatic Diaglott (1864)
Benjamin Wilson.

*NWT, u know that one..

Assignment for u.. .
Go see this Bibles & coman tell us what u found in John 1:1..

* The New Testament In Greek & English ( 1822)
A .Kneeland.

. *The New Testament in an Improved Version (1808)
Thomas Belsham

*The New Testament of Our Lord& Saviour Jesus Anointed (1958),
J.L. Tomanec

*The Coptic Version of the New Testament..... (1911)
George William Horner

Contrary to the lie u believe, KJV is not the first English language Bible.

I shall be back...
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=75068409]

"There are , however, no reputable authority or translations that support JW translation of this verse"

That's hogwash from OLAADEGBU

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Answering JW's

If you contend that John 1:1 should be translated as "The Word was a god," and not "The Word was God." And if you are arguing that since theos (the Greek word for God) is preceded by the definite article (the) when it first appears in the verse, and the second time it appears it is not preceded by the definite article, then will be justified for translating the last part of John 1:1 "the Word was a god," because God appears without the definite article.  And you claim that John 1:1 does not say anything about Jesus' identity (i.e,  that He is God), but refers to a quality about Him.  There are, however, no reputable authorities or translations that support your JW translation of this verse.  In fact, your NWT has caused considerable outrage among Greek scholars

* It is senseless & illogical to say or believe that two distinct spirits "The Word with the God" is one God. More so, Jesus disagreed with that fraud & his teaching was built on the core Jewish precepts of one God the Father (Yahweh ,Isa64:8. Deut6:4.Mk12:29. John 17:3. 1Cor8:4-6).His followers towed that line. Your fake John 1:1 contravene it .

* Your Trinity loving KJV translated Greek 'theos" God 'with out definite article in "John's gospel ( 1b,6,12,13 & twice in v18) just like NWT.

* It is proper to insert indefinite article 'a', KJV did it just as NWT nau

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:51pm On Jan 25, 2019
Janosky:

lying pharisee jano/onej

Jesus cried out to His Father, not to Himself, oh cannot stop lying confused one

Father and the Word is God:

have you seen the scriptures of Father calling Jesus God?, ask and i will post them again

but keep on lying pharisee jano/onej, it's all you and your supporter in lies tatime know:

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (96) (Reply)

The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) / Why Are Christians Such Liars? / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.