Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (92365 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
Maximus69:

Well that's why you're not qualified to preach or teach like JWs! wink

Several times they find me debating in support of what i knew in Islam, claiming that Islam is the one and only true way to worship God acceptably. Jehovah's Witnesses will just ignore as if they're not seeing me, even when i'm saying things they knew is totally out of context like "God has no wife so it's impossible for him to have a son"

I will never forget what one of them told me back then "it's obvious you're one of Jehovah's sheep" he noticed that my interest is in PURE WORSHIP so they took their time to enter me with their teachings but respectfully and always straight to the point. Do you think i will agree from the start if they initially told me "you have to study many publications of the Watchtower and continue studying it weekly to become a Christian"?

Well that's what Jesus meant when he called them FISHERS OF MEN. Matthew 4:19 Mark 1:17, Luke 5:10

No fisher goes fishing as if you want to trap the fishes, you go with wisdom! Matthew 10:16

Maximus69: Well that's why you're not qualified to preach or teach like JWs!

Achorladey: Your worry not mine. Let me ask are there CERTIFICATIONS that you give out for those seeking to be QUALIFIED to TEACH and PREACH?

Maximus69: Do you think i will agree from the start if they initially told me "you have to study many publications of the Watchtower and continue studying it weekly to become a Christian"?

Achorladey: REALITY says you don't have to accept FROM the START but REALITY STATES its WHAT you MUST do to become ONE of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2019
achorladey:

Maximus69: Well that's why you're not qualified to preach or teach like JWs!

Achorladey: Your worry not mine. Let me ask are there CERTIFICATIONS that you give out for those seeking to be QUALIFIED to TEACH and PREACH?

Maximus69: Do you think i will agree from the start if they initially told me "you have to study many publications of the Watchtower and continue studying it weekly to become a Christian"?

Achorladey: REALITY says you don't have to accept FROM the START but REALITY STATES its WHAT you MUST do to become ONE of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

I wasn't a Christian from birth, Jehovah's Witnesses quoted Jesus words for me where to fully grasp the certification for preaching and teaching God's word.

I hate arguing blindly when facts are presented before me. So i concur after hearing the truth from Jesus himself! Matthew 4:19,10:16

Of course Jesus' true disciples will be cautious with their choice of words and strict just like snakes are very cautious yet focused, but at the same time they will be as harmless as doves.

So it's obvious those whose simple but strict messages (Venom) of Jesus' followers teachings hurts will feel really bad and start planning to hurt them in return. Jehovah's Witnesses are the most peaceful group on this planet yet they're the most vilified simply because they're saying no other group of persons can worship their God acceptably if not with them

You've repeatedly said it that all other religious groups claims the same thing but ironically they still agree that they're all different denominations of Christianity whereas Jehovah's Witnesses vehemently refute that ideology. So it's clear that that is their offense against persons like you and nothing more! smiley

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by achorladey: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
Maximus69:

I wasn't a Christian from birth, Jehovah's Witnesses quoted Jesus words for me where to fully grasp the certification for preaching and teaching God's word.

I hate arguing blindly when facts are presented before me. So i concur after hearing the truth from Jesus himself! Matthew 4:19,10:16

Of course Jesus' true disciples will be cautious with their choice of words and strict just like snakes are very cautious yet focused, but at the same time they will be as harmless as doves.

So it's obvious those whose simple but strict messages (Venom) of Jesus' followers teachings hurts will feel really bad and start planning to hurt them in return. Jehovah's Witnesses are the most peaceful group on this planet yet they're the most vilified simply because they're saying no other group of persons can worship their God acceptably if not with them

You've repeatedly said it that all other religious groups claims the same thing but ironically they still agree that they're all different denominations of Christianity whereas Jehovah's Witnesses vehemently refute that ideology. So it's clear that that is their offense against persons like you and nothing more! smiley

Maximus69: no other group of persons can worship their God acceptably if not with them.

Achorladey: This was where the whole discussion emanated from........

according to Johnw47.......

"non denominational bible believing christianity is the way to go"

Johnw47 can equally rephrase his comments to state same statement as yours....... no other GROUPS of PERSONS CAN WORSHIP THEIR GOD ACCEPTABLY IF NOT WITH THE WAY NON DENOMINATED CHRISTIAN DO.

Did he do so NO....... you cannot see the WORD "ONLY" there paapaa.

yet he went as far as including THIS........"apart from the staunch christian churches"........

Commendable of Johnw47.........who recognize the fact stated in Acts 10: 34,35 that God do not show favouritism or partiality concerning those that fear HIM gets HIS ACCEPTANCE.

So Oga Maximus69 I rest my case once again.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2019
achorladey:

Maximus69: no other group of persons can worship their God acceptably if not with them.

Achorladey: This was where the whole discussion emanated from........

according to Johnw47.......

"non denominational bible believing christianity is the way to go"

Johnw47 can equally rephrase his comments to state same statement as yours....... no other GROUPS of PERSONS CAN WORSHIP THEIR GOD ACCEPTABLY IF NOT WITH THE WAY NON DENOMINATED CHRISTIAN DO.

Did he do so NO....... you cannot see the WORD "ONLY" there paapaa.

yet he went as far as including THIS........"apart from the staunch christian churches"........

Commendable of Johnw47.........who recognize the fact stated in Acts 10: 34,35 that God do not show favouritism or partiality concerning those that fear HIM gets HIS ACCEPTANCE.
So Oga Maximus69 I rest my case once again.

Great!

That's the difference!

I'm one of those who strictly believe one God must be worship in the same way, those worshiping him must have the same line of thought, their form of worship must have the same doctrine! Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2

But you hold onto the idea that your God accepts anyone so far the person claims or believe his/she is a Christian!

That's where the parallel line is drawn Sir! wink

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
Maximus69:

I have heard you Sir! Luke 6:45 cheesy
Thank God you now know. It's still only inside your head and watchtower magazine that your jehovah's kingdom will come. Don't cry too much
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 12, 2019
Thanks Sir, i'll manage not to cry! wink
Hairyrapunzel:

Thank God you now know. It's still only inside your head and watchtower magazine that your jehovah's kingdom will come. Don't cry too much

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2019
Question: "Is the devil / Satan a person or a force / personification of evil?"
Answer: Although he has persuaded many people that he doesn't exist, Satan very definitely is a real, personal being, the source of all unbelief and of every kind of moral and spiritual evil in the world.
He is called by various names in the Bible, including Satan (meaning “adversary”— {Job 1:6; Romans 16:20} the devil (i.e., “slanderer”—{Matthew 4:1; 1 Peter 5:8} Lucifer {Isaiah 14:12} the serpent {2 Corinthians 11:3; Revelation 12:9} and many others.
The existence of Satan as a personal being is proved by the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ recognized him as such. Jesus referred to him frequently by name e.g., {Luke 10:18; Matthew 4:10} and called him “the prince of this world” {John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11}
The apostle Paul called Satan the “god of this world” {2 Corinthians 4:4} and the “prince of the power of the air” {Ephesians 2:2}
The apostle John said, “The whole world is under the control of the evil one” {1 John 5:19} and that Satan “leads the whole world astray” {Revelation 12:9}
These could hardly be descriptions of an impersonal force or a mere personification of evil.
The Scriptures teach that, before man and the world were created, God had created an “innumerable company of angels”
{Hebrews 12:22} a heavenly host of spiritual beings of great strength and intelligence.
The highest of these beings are the cherubim, who are attendants at the very throne of God, and the “anointed cherub” was originally Satan himself {Ezekiel 28:14} He was “full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.”
God did not create Satan as an evil being, however. The angels, like man, were created as free spirits, not as unthinking machines.
They were fully able to reject God’s will and rebel against His authority if they chose.
The basic sin, in both man and angels, is the twin sin of unbelief and pride.
Satan said in his heart, “I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God . . . I will be like the most High” {Isaiah 14:13,14}.
Again, these could hardly be the actions or motivations of an impersonal force.
Jesus also told us of some of the characteristics of Satan. Christ said he was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him, and that when he speaks he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies {John 8:44}
It is crucial that Christians recognize the reality of Satan and understand that he prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour {1 Peter 5:8}
It is impossible to overcome sin and temptation from the devil by ourselves, but Scripture tells us how to be strong. We need to put on the full armor of God and withstand temptation (Ephesians 6:13).
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
Maximus69:
The only error in you post is that quotation, please Sir it's Paul's words NOT Jesus.
You don't understand, the Holy Spirit in Paul wrote these Words, these Words are not carnal but spiritual, these Words are Words of God..
Maximus69:

Bravo! Bravo!! Bravo!!! grin

You're 100% correct Sir!

The only error in you post is that quotation, please Sir it's Paul's words NOT Jesus.

But all the same they're both working for the same person so no problem.

Well that's why Jehovah's Witnesses will never protest against those in the authorities!
We're to pay them
©Taxes
©fear
©honour
Just as Jesus and all other faithful servants of Jehovah in ancient times often do, it's just our whole soul loyalty as in devotion that belongs to JEHOVAH alone! smiley
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 2:26am On Oct 14, 2019
Pro 8:22  The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

john agrees with proverbs(possessed):

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God

"the LORD possessed me" = "the Word was with God"
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 2:43am On Oct 14, 2019
Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Joh 1:3  All things were made by him(the Word); and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Psa 33:6  By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Joh_20:22  And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 3:28am On Oct 14, 2019
Mat 1:20  But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

the Holy Ghost is the Father of Jesus Christ

the Holy Ghost is not "a impersonal power - a thing - a it", but is God
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 14, 2019
brocab:

You don't understand, the Holy Spirit in Paul wrote these Words, these Words are not carnal but spiritual, these Words are Words of God..

@bolded makes me laugh! grin

You believe the words are NOT canal but spiritual, yet there is no evidence of it's effectiveness in your religious groups!

Don't you know that the spiritual controls the physical?

If truthfully God's word and his holy spirit is working in your midst, there should be visible proof of the effectiveness of the SPIRITUAL when observers look at your physical group. James 2:18-26

Throughout the globe, people can see that Jehovah's Witnesses are operating under a powerful spirit person. Of course critics are saying "they're cultists" but the evidence shows that amongst this people there is perfect peace. Luke 7:35

For your information, that's why Satan is now infusing the idea of none denominational Christianity in the minds of faithless people, so that you won't think of examing the fulfilment of Jesus' promise as he is gathering his sheep into one fold! Revelations 14:15
The none denominational means you can be a true Christian yet worship anywhere, but that's a LIE. Otherwise you guys won't be arguing always over your contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings on social media like this! Roman 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2

Yes! It is spiritual and the effectiveness of Jesus' activities today is felt in the physical for honest hearted observers to SEE! John 17:20-23 compared to Matthew 5:14-16

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 8:31am On Oct 14, 2019
"According to Bible scholar B. F.
Westcott , this is likely a Greek to
English mistranslation, not a Hebrew to
Greek mistranslation. Based on the
context of the verse, he believes a better
rendering would be: "God is Thy throne"
or "Thy throne is God" .
He says (bold mine, italics original):
The LXX. admits of two
renderings: [ho the·osʹ] can be
taken as a vocative in both cases
(Thy throne, O God, . . . therefore,
O God, Thy God . . . ) or it can be
taken as the subject (or the
predicate) in the first case (God is
Thy throne, or Thy throne is God .
. . ), and in apposition to [ho
the·osʹ sou] in the second case
(Therefore God, even Thy God . .
. ). . . . It is scarcely possible that
[’Elo·himʹ] in the original can be
addressed to the king. The
presumption therefore is against
the belief that [ho the·osʹ] is a
vocative in the LXX. Thus on the
whole it seems best to adopt in
the first clause the rendering: God
is Thy throne (or, Thy throne is
God), that is ‘Thy kingdom is
founded upon God, the immovable
Rock.’
— The Epistle to the Hebrews
(London, 1889), pp. 25, 26."

# FACT of the Matter
***Johnw FRAUD, is a confirmed pathetic LIAR while carm.org is very intellectually dishonest Trinity apologist and pathetic LIAR.

** Carm.org falsely claims "there is no grammatical requirement for "God is your throne", which he admitted is a " legitimate way" to render Hebrew 1:8 in Greek.
Lying pharisee speaking from both sides of his mouth.
Nothing honest about carm.org & Johnw FRAUD.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 8:51am On Oct 14, 2019
johnw47:

1)
Yet, most Bibles do not translate it the way the New World Translation does.
2).
First, Heb. 1:8 is a quote from Psalm 45:6, which says,
"Thy Throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Thy Kingdom"

In fact, the ASV, KJV, NIV, and NKJV all translated it as "Your throne, O God . . . "

The KJV, NIV, and NASB all take the verse in its plain,
straightforward sense, as do the ancient translations . . . "

3))

The Watchtower organization denies that Jesus is God. Therefore, it cannot permit any verses in the Bible to even hint that Jesus is God. That is why they choose a translation that does not best fit the context or overall theology of the Bible.

1,)
RSV ,IGNT, NWT,GNTA and many others translated Hebrew 1:8 correctly, not the fraud of Johnw FRAUD and carm.org.

2)
Johnw FRAUD theorist, & carm.org ,dey LIE korokoro....
carm.org says " God is your throne" is one "legitimate way" for the Greek translation of Hebrew 1:8.
carm.org says "most bible translators admit 'God is your throne' it's the best translation".
Johnw FRAUD will still come here & LIE .

*****@3)
Rev3:21 Jesus Christ says it's my Father's throne".
1 Chro29:23. Psalms 93:2. Lamentation 5:19 are in Concord with Jesus Christ.
carm.org & Johnw FRAUD are pathetic LIARS.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:08am On Oct 14, 2019
Janosky:
"According to Bible scholar B. F.
Westcott , this is likely a Greek to
English mistranslation, not a Hebrew to
Greek mistranslation. Based on the
context of the verse, he believes a better
rendering would be: "God is Thy throne"
or "Thy throne is God" .
He says (bold mine, italics original):
The LXX. admits of two
renderings: [ho the·osʹ] can be
taken as a vocative in both cases
(Thy throne, O God, . . . therefore,
O God, Thy God . . . ) or it can be
taken as the subject (or the
predicate) in the first case (God is
Thy throne, or Thy throne is God .
. . ), and in apposition to [ho
the·osʹ sou] in the second case
(Therefore God, even Thy God . .
. ). . . . It is scarcely possible that
[’Elo·himʹ] in the original can be
addressed to the king. The
presumption therefore is against
the belief that [ho the·osʹ] is a
vocative in the LXX. Thus on the
whole it seems best to adopt in
the first clause the rendering: God
is Thy throne (or, Thy throne is
God), that is ‘Thy kingdom is
founded upon God, the immovable
Rock.’
— The Epistle to the Hebrews
(London, 1889), pp. 25, 26."

# FACT of the Matter
***Johnw FRAUD, is a confirmed pathetic LIAR while carm.org is very intellectually dishonest Trinity apologist and pathetic LIAR.

** Carm.org falsely claims "there is no grammatical requirement for "God is your throne", which he admitted is a " legitimate way" to render Hebrew 1:8 in Greek.
Lying pharisee speaking from both sides of his mouth.
Nothing honest about carm.org & Johnw FRAUD.

Janosky:

1,)
RSV ,IGNT, NWT,GNTA and many others translated Hebrew 1:8 correctly, not the fraud of Johnw FRAUD and carm.org.

2)
Johnw FRAUD theorist, & carm.org ,dey LIE korokoro....
carm.org says " God is your throne" is one "legitimate way" for the Greek translation of Hebrew 1:8.
carm.org says "most bible translators admit 'God is your throne' it's the best translation".

*****@3)
Rev3:21 Jesus Christ says it's my Father's throne".
1 Chro29:23. Psalms 93:2. Lamentation 5:19 are in Concord with Jesus Christ.
carm.org & Johnw FRAUD are pathetic LIARS.

™lying pharisee deceiver false jw Janosky/OneJ

laughing, i have shown you more than once that
"God is your throne" is wrong, God is not a throne oh so duh one

"Thy throne O God" is of course correct as i showed

but you are so tormented, and deservedly so cheesy, that's what your daddy does for you:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:14am On Oct 14, 2019
Janosky:

***Johnw FRAUD, is a confirmed pathetic LIAR

Johnw FRAUD.

Janosky:

the fraud of Johnw FRAUD

Johnw FRAUD theorist.

Johnw FRAUD are pathetic LIARS.

laughing, oh so so so tormented son of your daddy the devil

my three posts on God's word above has really put you over the edge

it was bound to happen, and will only get worse cheesy

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2019
Maximus69:

You believe the words are NOT canal but spiritual, yet there is no evidence of it's effectiveness in your religious groups!

If truthfully God's word and his holy spirit is working in your midst, there should be visible proof of the effectiveness of the SPIRITUAL when observers look at your physical group. James 2:18-26
If you would just open up your eye's and see, there is plenty of evidence to prove Paul didn't speak on his own authority, these words came directly from God Himself>the Holy Spirit directed Paul to write the scriptures, Just like the Holy Spirit directs us to learn His written Word.
If you would just listen to what Jesus said: in Word.
{John 14:26} All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
Where do you think the disciples retrieved this knowledge from? The Holy Spirit had even spoken through Peter>Jesus even quoted it Himself, these words didn't come from flesh and blood, but from His Father in Heaven.
{Matthew 16:15-17} Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.…
Quote: Jesus said: the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
If by means you believe you walk with Christ-if you believe you are truly walking with God, then why do you act as a fool, laughing against the truth..
The Spirit was there while Jesus was on the seine 'and He was there after Jesus left the seine'' as promised-still teaching us all things..
Maximus69:

Throughout the globe, people can see that Jehovah's Witnesses are operating under a powerful spirit person. Of course critics are saying "they're cultists" but the evidence shows that amongst this people there is perfect peace. Luke 7:35

For your information, that's why Satan is now infusing the idea of none denominational Christianity in the minds of faithless people, so that you won't think of examing the fulfilment of Jesus' promise as he is gathering his sheep into one fold! Revelations 14:15
The none denominational means you can be a true Christian yet worship anywhere, but that's a LIE. Otherwise you guys won't be arguing always over your contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings on social media like this! Roman 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2

Yes! It is spiritual and the effectiveness of Jesus' activities today is felt in the physical for honest hearted observers to SEE! John 17:20-23 compared to Matthew 5:14-16
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2019
brocab:
If you would just open up your eye's and see, there is plenty of evidence to prove Paul didn't speak on his own authority, these words came directly from God Himself>the Holy Spirit directed Paul to write the scriptures, Just like the Holy Spirit directs us to learn His written Word.
If you would just listen to what Jesus said: in Word.
{John 14:26} All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
Where do you think the disciples retrieved this knowledge from? The Holy Spirit had even spoken through Peter>Jesus even quoted it Himself, these words didn't come from flesh and blood, but from His Father in Heaven.
{Matthew 16:15-17} Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.…
Quote: Jesus said: the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
So ask yourself this? Why are you having trouble believing the truth, if you believe you have Christ on your side-if you believe you are truly walking with God, why do you fight and war against the truth?? The Spirit was there while Jesus was on the seine 'and He was there after Jesus left the seine'' as promised-still teaching us all things..

Jesus promised that the holy spirit will teach his anointed followers (born again Christians) new innovations and remind them of what he taught them in the past

I'm not disputing that, but where you're getting it wrong is saying the holy spirit will teach all members of the Christian congregations!

If that is true, then there is no need for TEACHERS in the Christian congregation, teaching the Christians! Ephesians 4:11 compared to Hebrew 13:7

You're insinuating that anyone can just pick up the Bible and God's holy spirit will start interpreting it to the person. Yet despite all what i've tuped and backed it with scriptures you've not agreed that it's the holy spirit that's teaching me! cheesy

My friend, that's not the practical application of what Jesus said! cheesy

Jesus will continue to teach only the born again Christians, who will in turn teach the rest of the congregation! But now he is a spirit person, no more here in the flesh, that's why he promised that the holy spirit will continue to do the work he was doing when he was here in the flesh! John 14:25-26

That's what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and it's what has been keeping us united in faith.

The reason why your folks are having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings is because everyone of you assumes he/she is a born again Christian, so each person develops his own teaching. That's why all of you can't form one body as Jesus expected of his followers, and when you come on social media like this, you start fabricating different ideas all in the name of one single counselor Jesus! cheesy

That's insult and injury on the personality of God and Jesus who are one in thought, and wanted all their subjects to have one line of thought! John 17:20-23 cheesy

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
Mat_7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

seek God and He will see that you find Him

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

seekers - believers are saved by grace(by God) through His gift of faith,
salvation and faith is all off grace, it's all off God

Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast. 

those who boast of their works, thinking they have faith by their works and are saved by them, fool themselves
God works in believers to prove and strenghten there faith, it is all God, it is not me me me me me, us us us us

Php 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

it is God - Jesus who gives us faith, eph 2:8, heb 12:2

eph 2:8 faith: it is the gift of God
heb 12:2 Jesus the author and finisher of our faith

of course false jw's have not that faith
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 12:12am On Oct 15, 2019
johnw47:

laughing, i have shown you more than once that
"God is your throne" is wrong, God is not a throne oh so duh one

"Thy throne O God" is of course correct as i showed

"Monday, March 4, 2013
Mar David Ignatius at 11:13 AM
Answering Trinitarian Objections to the
Oneness Faith, Hebrews 1:8

by Bishop Jerry Hayes
@1))
. In this verse Trinitarians
feel they have finally found a place where
the Son of God is said to be God. Even,
more to the point: A place where the Father
calls the Son, God. Here is the quote:
“But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O
God, is forever and ever; A scepter of
righteousness is the scepter of Your
kingdom.” (Hebrews 1:cool

@2)
The Oneness Answer
Scripture must be interpreted in the light of
other Scriptures—there can be no
contradictions. The Scriptures state there
is but ONE God-person ( E.g. ‘Now see that
I, even I, am He, And there is no God
besides Me; see De. 32:39; Is 43:3,11;
44;6; 45:5,18,21,22; 46:5,9; Mk 12:29; 1
Ti 2:5; Ga3:20 ). We will call this truth:
“Bible Absolute Number One.” So, however
Hebrews 1:8 is interpreted, it must not, can
not, violate “Bible Absolute, Number One.”

@3)
If the Trinitarian interpretation is correct,
we have several huge problems:
A1.
There is more than one God-person,
which violates “Bible Absolute, Number
One;”

B2.
If the Trinitarian interpretation is correct
God has a God, and one God is anointed
by the other God; because v9 says,
“ Therefore God, Your God, has anointed
You...” And “Bible Absolute, Number
One” is violated.

C3.)
God has “fellows” (i.e. companions,
equals); “ Therefore God, Your God, has
anointed You With the oil of gladness
more than Your companions.” Notice
the “fellows” (KJV)
“companions” (NKJV) are plural, so, A
race of Gods? And “Bible Absolute,
Number One” is violated.

D4)

. It is the single text in the KJV that
seems to call the Son, God; to found a
doctrine on one text violates the Law of
Witnesses which requires more than
one (De 19:15)
The four items listed above are solid proof
that Trinitarianism does not have the
correct understanding of Hebrews 1:8.

They are violating the radical monotheism
of the Bible when they proclaim more that
ONE God-person.

Now, the question we should be asking
ourselves is, “How may Hebrews 1:8 be
interpreted without doing violence to
Scripture and, at the same time, hold the
integrity of OT monotheism, that God is but
ONE God-person.? The “Bible Absolute,
Number One.”
First, we may begin with acknowledging
that Hebrews 1:8 is a quote from the OT
(Ps 45:6-7); and is only half of the quote
which includes ver 9 of He ch 1. given
here:
Hebrews 1:8-9
But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O
kingdom. You have loved righteousness
and hated lawlessness; Therefore God,
Your God, has anointed You with the oil of
gladness more than Your companions.”
Second, we will acknowledge that the quote
concerns King David as verse 1 of Ps 45
attests: “ I recite my composition
concerning the King;... .”
Psalms 45:1, 6-7
My heart is overflowing with a good theme;
1. I recite my composition concerning the
King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
... 6. Your throne, O God, is forever and
ever; A scepter of righteousness is the
scepter of Your kingdom. 7 You love
righteousness and hate wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed
You With the oil of gladness more than
Your companions.
Third, we will acknowledge that the Writer
of Hebrews applies the quote to the Son of
God. This would be in context with the Ps
45:1-7, because Jesus in the son of David
and David was a type of the Messiah
(Jesus). So, was David called God in Ps
45;1-7? And more importantly, Was the
Son of God called God in He 1:1-9?
Since this is an odd text, a difficult text, it
must be understood in the light of the clear
and plan texts concerning the person of
Christ.

***Scholars******
But also, the authority of the scholars may
help us:

"Vincent informs us that the
Hebrew text in Ps 45:67 may very
well be defective; and gives as
possible translations: “Thy throne
is a throne of God;” or “God is thy
throne.” (Word Studies in the NT,
Vincent pg 390, vol4, Eerdmans.)
Mr A T Robertson states “It is
uncertain...if the “ho theos” is
vocative ...or nominative.”
Possible translations; “God is thy
throne;” or “Thy throne is God.”
(Word Pictures in the NT, pg 399,
vol 5.)
The Gk reads: “pros de ton huion HO
thronos sou ho theos eis tov aiōna tou
aiōnos.”
The debated phrase is “ho
theos.” Is it “O God” or “the
God”
To interpret ho theos as “O God”
would be odd indeed and do violence to
the rest of Scripture.
So, according to the Greek, and the
scholars. the text reads:
“As to the Son, thy throne, the God is, from
age to age.” So, then, both David (who was
a type of the Son of God), and the actual
Son of God (who was the anti-type of
David and was in fact the son of David) are
both told that God is their throne"
This is the legal translation of the text
which removes all the problems that is
created by twisting it and making ho theos
“O God,” instead “the God.”

☩ Jerry L Hayes
(Mar David Ignatius)
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 12:28am On Oct 15, 2019
brocab:

You too sabi dey LIE.
Holy spirit never spoke anything to Peter. Matt 16 Vs13-17 no one said anything about holy spirit ....
Matt 16, the real story begins from verse 13 and ends at verse 17.
Make you talk true, who gave that revelation to Peter?
Vs13-17, what's Jesus Christ reply to Peter?

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 12:33am On Oct 15, 2019
{Hebrews 8:10-12} For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord. I will put My laws in their minds, and inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people.
No longer will each one teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest.
{1 John 2:27} As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.
Jesus then said: test everything {1 Thessalonians 5:21} Test all things; hold fast what is good.
{John 7:16} My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.”
So when a teacher, pastor, priest teaches test everything he/she preaches about God, to make sure he/she isn't teaching something other then the Word of God.
{1 John 4:1} Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God..
Maximus69:

Jesus promised that the holy spirit will teach his anointed followers (born again Christians) new innovations and remind them of what he taught them in the past

I'm not disputing that, but where you're getting it wrong is saying the holy spirit will teach all members of the Christian congregations!

If that is true, then there is no need for TEACHERS in the Christian congregation, teaching the Christians! Ephesians 4:11 compared to Hebrew 13:7

You're insinuating that anyone can just pick up the Bible and God's holy spirit will start interpreting it to the person. Yet despite all what i've tuped and backed it with scriptures you've not agreed that it's the holy spirit that's teaching me! cheesy

My friend, that's not the practical application of what Jesus said! cheesy

Jesus will continue to teach only the born again Christians, who will in turn teach the rest of the congregation! But now he is a spirit person, no more here in the flesh, that's why he promised that the holy spirit will continue to do the work he was doing when he was here in the flesh! John 14:25-26

That's what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and it's what has been keeping us united in faith.

The reason why your folks are having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings is because everyone of you assumes he/she is a born again Christian, so each person develops his own teaching. That's why all of you can't form one body as Jesus expected of his followers, and when you come on social media like this, you start fabricating different ideas all in the name of one single counselor Jesus! cheesy

That's insult and injury on the personality of God and Jesus who are one in thought, and wanted all their subjects to have one line of thought! John 17:20-23 cheesy
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 12:38am On Oct 15, 2019
You don't know the Holy Spirit, to know what you are even talking about, dead man walking up a blind mans path..
Janosky:

You too sabi dey LIE.
Holy spirit never spoke anything to Peter. Matt 16 Vs13-17 no one said anything about holy spirit ....
Matt 16, the real story begins from verse 13 and ends at verse 17.
Make you talk true, who gave that revelation to Peter?
Vs13-17, what's Jesus Christ reply to Peter?
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 1:01am On Oct 15, 2019
brocab:

You don't know the Holy Spirit, to know what you are even talking about, dead man walking up a blind mans path..

You are an evil man through and through.
Nothing Christ like or Christian about you .
Isaiah 54:17, My God,Jehovah of Armies, CONDEMNED your satanic utterance.
I stand on the SUPREME AUTHORITY OF LIVING WORD OF JEHOVAH MY GOD
& I REBUKE YOU, brocab, I JESUS NAME,
AMEN !!!!

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 2:13am On Oct 15, 2019
Janosky:

"Monday, March 4, 2013

by Bishop Jerry Hayes

The Oneness Answer

Mr A T Robertson

☩ Jerry L Hayes
(Mar David Ignatius)

oh fearful tormented one, how Father calling Jesus "God" so very much torments you, but don't worry
it so very much torments your god as well, your god wanted Father to call him god cheesy

truly God's word that i post and which torments you greatly also, is true. no amount of people agreeing with your false jw's false doctrines change that

1Jn_4:18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

johnw47:

Pro 8:22  The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

john agrees with proverbs(possessed):

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God

"the LORD possessed me" = "the Word was with God"

johnw47:

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Joh 1:3  All things were made by him(the Word); and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Psa 33:6  By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Joh_20:22  And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

johnw47:
Mat 1:20  But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

the Holy Ghost is the Father of Jesus Christ

the Holy Ghost is not "a impersonal power - a thing - a it", but is God

johnw47:

Mat_7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

seek God and He will see that you find Him

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

seekers - believers are saved by grace(by God) through His gift of faith,
salvation and faith is all off grace, it's all off God

Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast. 

those who boast of their works, thinking they have faith by their works and are saved by them, fool themselves
God works in believers to prove and strenghten there faith, it is all God, it is not me me me me me, us us us us

Php 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

it is God - Jesus who gives us faith, eph 2:8, heb 12:2

eph 2:8 faith: it is the gift of God
heb 12:2 Jesus the author and finisher of our faith

of course false jw's have not that faith
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 2:56am On Oct 15, 2019
Janosky:

"Monday, March 4, 2013
Answering Trinitarian Objections to the
Oneness Faith, Hebrews 1:8

by Bishop Jerry Hayes
@1))
. In this verse Trinitarians
feel they have finally found a place where
the Son of God is said to be God. Even,
more to the point: A place where the Father
calls the Son, God. Here is the quote:
“But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O
kingdom.” (Hebrews 1:cool

@2)
The Oneness Answer
Scripture must be interpreted in the light of
other Scriptures—there can be no
contradictions. The Scriptures state there
is but ONE God-person ( E.g. ‘Now see that
I, even I, am He, And there is no God
besides Me; see De. 32:39; Is 43:3,11;
44;6; 45:5,18,21,22; 46:5,9; Mk 12:29; 1
Ti 2:5; Ga3:20 ). We will call this truth:
“Bible Absolute Number One.” So, however
Hebrews 1:8 is interpreted, it must not, can
not, violate “Bible Absolute, Number One.”

@3)
If the Trinitarian interpretation is correct,
we have several huge problems:
A1.
There is more than one God-person,
which violates “Bible Absolute, Number
One;”

B2.
God has a God, and one God is anointed
by the other God; because v9 says,
“ Therefore God, Your God, has anointed
You...” And “Bible Absolute, Number
One” is violated.

C3.)
God has “fellows” (i.e. companions,
equals); “ Therefore God, Your God, has
anointed You With the oil of gladness
more than Your companions.” Notice
the “fellows” (KJV)
“companions” (NKJV) are plural, so, A
race of Gods? And “Bible Absolute,
Number One” is violated.

D4)

. It is the single text in the KJV that
seems to call the Son, God; to found a
doctrine on one text violates the Law of
Witnesses which requires more than
one (De 19:15)
The four items listed above are solid proof
that Trinitarianism does not have the
correct understanding of Hebrews 1:8.

They are violating the radical monotheism
of the Bible when they proclaim more that
ONE God-person.

Now, the question we should be asking
ourselves is, “How may Hebrews 1:8 be
interpreted without doing violence to
Scripture and, at the same time, hold the
integrity of OT monotheism, that God is but
ONE God-person.? The “Bible Absolute,
Number One.”
First, we may begin with acknowledging
that Hebrews 1:8 is a quote from the OT
(Ps 45:6-7); and is only half of the quote
which includes ver 9 of He ch 1. given
here:
Hebrews 1:8-9
But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O
kingdom. You have loved righteousness
and hated lawlessness; Therefore God,
Your God, has anointed You with the oil of
gladness more than Your companions.”
Second, we will acknowledge that the quote
concerns King David as verse 1 of Ps 45
attests: “ I recite my composition
concerning the King;... .”
Psalms 45:1, 6-7
My heart is overflowing with a good theme;
1. I recite my composition concerning the
King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
... 6. Your throne, O God, is forever and
ever; A scepter of righteousness is the
scepter of Your kingdom. 7 You love
righteousness and hate wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed
You With the oil of gladness more than
Your companions.
Third, we will acknowledge that the Writer
of Hebrews applies the quote to the Son of
God. This would be in context with the Ps
45:1-7, because Jesus in the son of David
and David was a type of the Messiah
(Jesus). So, was David called God in Ps
45;1-7? And more importantly, Was the
Son of God called God in He 1:1-9?
Since this is an odd text, a difficult text, it
must be understood in the light of the clear
and plan texts concerning the person of
Christ.

***Scholars******
But also, the authority of the scholars may
help us:

"Vincent informs us that the
Hebrew text in Ps 45:67 may very
well be defective; and gives as
possible translations: “Thy throne
is a throne of God;” or “God is thy
throne.” (Word Studies in the NT,
Mr A T Robertson states “It is
uncertain...if the “ho theos” is
vocative ...or nominative.”
Possible translations; “God is thy
throne;” or “Thy throne is God.”
(Word Pictures in the NT, pg 399,
vol 5.)
The Gk reads: “pros de ton huion HO
thronos sou ho theos eis tov aiōna tou
aiōnos.”
The debated phrase is “ho
theos.” Is it “O God” or “the
God”
To interpret ho theos as “O God”
would be odd indeed and do violence to
the rest of Scripture.
So, according to the Greek, and the
scholars. the text reads:
“As to the Son, thy throne, the God is, from
age to age.” So, then, both David (who was
a type of the Son of God), and the actual
Son of God (who was the anti-type of
David and was in fact the son of David) are
both told that God is their throne"
This is the legal translation of the text
which removes all the problems that is
created by twisting it and making ho theos
“O God,” instead “the God.”

☩ Jerry L Hayes
(Mar David Ignatius)

extremely tormented ™lying pharisee deceiver Janosky/OneJ

you have made it clear that your jesus sit's on his father who is His throne

however the christian Jesus sits on the right hand of the Father:

Heb_1:3  Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

by the way, Jesus isn't literally sitting on His Fathers right hand, that needs to be said to you, laugh

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 
Heb 1:9  Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Jesus throne and Fathers throne is the one and the same throne

just as Father and Jesus is the one and the same God:

there are not two gods as you polytheist false jw's believe
a almighty god the father and a mighty god jesus, ha ha ha

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 3:30am On Oct 15, 2019
Janosky:

AMEN !!!!

a false jw who of course is without God living in him
couldn't rebuke a puppy dog smiley

Mat_23:15  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

you end time false jw's are really twofold more the child of hell
than your pre false jw's, and God knows they were bad enough
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 15, 2019
brocab:
{Hebrews 8:10-12} For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord. I will put My laws in their minds, and inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people.
No longer will each one teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest.
{1 John 2:27} As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.
Jesus then said: test everything {1 Thessalonians 5:21} Test all things; hold fast what is good.
{John 7:16} My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.”
So when a teacher, pastor, priest teaches test everything he/she preaches about God, to make sure he/she isn't teaching something other then the Word of God.
{1 John 4:1} Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God..

The only way to test every spirit is observe the fruitage as in the impact such teaching has on those accepting it! Matthew 7:15-20

If the teaching can't make one big happy family of peace loving worshipers from all nations as foretold in the scriptures {Isaiah 2:1-4} then it is NOT from God! James 2:18-26 wink

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 6:19am On Oct 15, 2019
Maximus69:

The only way to test every spirit is observe the fruitage as in the impact such teaching has on those accepting it! Matthew 7:15-20

If the teaching can't make one big happy family of peace loving worshipers from all nations as foretold in the scriptures {Isaiah 2:1-4} then it is NOT from God! James 2:18-26 wink

™ false jw mad max

@bold, just read the posts of false jw's Janosky/OneJ and co
to see that they are not peace loving worshippers

@underline, and so i agree with you, false jw org is not from God
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2019
Janosky:

"Monday, March 4, 2013

by Bishop Jerry Hayes

The Oneness Answer

Mr A T Robertson

☩ Jerry L Hayes
(Mar David Ignatius)

™lying pharisee deceiver Janosky/OneJ

quote the things i say, and ask me about the things i say, oh fearful false jw
instead of running away and quoting what other know nothings like yourself say

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
The only way to test everything, is back it up with the Word of God, Just like the Bereans did when the Word of God was preached through Paul..
{Acts 17:11} Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
If your happy family isn't teaching to believe the Word of God, then your happy family means nothing to God..
Maximus69:

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
In which Jehovah Jesus do you rebuke me?
Janosky:

AMEN !!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (96) (Reply)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / I Killed This Bat The Enemy Sent To My House At Night / Ruth Ifunanya Muoka And Lucky Oha Wedding Pictures

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163