Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities (18640 Views)

10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking / Times World Universities Rankings 2020: See How African Universities Fared / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 6:30am On May 12, 2017
Covenant University’s vision of being one of the top 10 universities in the world by the year 2022 has received a big boost, with the University ranked Number One (1) globally in some research endeavors and rated among the top 10 in others, based on the latest computations by Elsevier SciVal, the world acclaimed ready-to-use solution that offers easy access to the research performance of 8,500 research institutions and 220 countries worldwide.

Unfolding details of the achievement at a meeting between the Chancellor and the University Management, Deans of Colleges, Directors and Heads of Departments, held on Friday, April 28, 2017, the Vice-Chancellor, Covenant University, Professor AAA. Atayero, said that through the financial support of the Board of Regents, the University had signed up with Elsevier SciVal, an initiative that has given the University the opportunity to monitor its achievements in terms of research, publications and citations.

The Vice-Chancellor stated that Covenant University was able to identify its areas of Distinctive Competencies and areas of Emerging Competencies courtesy of the SciVal software, which talks about competencies of universities in research endeavors.

Over 13 million publications for the period 2011-2015 were extracted from the Scopus database, to form 168,092 clusters. SciVal subsequently identified 53 publication clusters in which Covenant University has a significant presence. The 53 publication clusters were grouped into 16 Competencies for Covenant University.

SciVal classified 4 of the 16 Competencies as Distinctive Competencies of Covenant University because they are significantly large fields, and the institution is leading these fields in terms of publications, highly cited publications, and/or innovation.

Indeed, Covenant University, looking at the data from 2011 to 2015 as calculated by Elsevier, was rated World Number One (1) in research endeavors such as (Wind Power, Wind and Turbine) and (Corrosion, Corrosion Inhibitors, Carbon Steel). World Number Two (2) in (Trade, Remittance, Effect) and (Housing; Residential Satisfaction, Satisfaction).

Twelve other areas of emerging competencies were identified. (https://prezi.com/krxcbqtrqyps/covenant-competencies-2015/ Click link to view presentation in full).

These achievements, said the Vice-Chancellor, had enabled the University to identify 16 areas of competence to invest in, research wise, adding that it was time to synergize to go forward with strong thrust.

In his remarks, the Chancellor and Chairman Board of Regents, Covenant University, Dr. David O. Oyedepo, said that the University must celebrate God as “this is too much for our age as a University”.

“Celebration of Vision 10:2022 has already started with the results in the ranking. We are closer than ever imagined to the Vision,” he added.

While observing that many prominent universities were not in the top bracket of the ratings, the Chancellor said that Covenant University had jumped levels and attributed it to the engagement of the system.

He urged the Management of the University and faculty to keep engaging as the Prophetic word was already working. “I spoke a prophetic word: God said this is a new generation Harvard for waves of innovation and creativity”.

And while congratulating the Management and the faculty on the achievement, he also implored them not to rest on their oars.

SOURCE: http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/CU-Tops-in-Research-Endeavours-among-World-Universities#.WRRhoxMrK00

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by simplyhonest(m): 7:11am On May 12, 2017
this is a good development

15 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by ELECTCHIBU(m): 7:12am On May 12, 2017
Good

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 7:20am On May 12, 2017
I'm really happy for CU. We even got more citations than University of California, Berkeley! The Research Clusters are really coming alive to their work. I would be so much happy when they lead globally in Engineering as a whole. After checking Elsevier document I discovered the Corossion inhibor and Carbon Steel research cluster is led by one family-The Loto family. It seems the Father who is a senior Lecturer is constantly working in that fuel with his sons who are also lecurers. Good work.

I think Bshop Oyedepo and CUCRID has also granted Prof Sanjay and his folks about $816,000 to go into Software development and reverse engineering.

Can barely see the pictures tho.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Caustics: 7:24am On May 12, 2017
cool
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Arsenalholic1: 7:25am On May 12, 2017
Really, this University looks like it is set to go places.

It and ABUAD have got some fine standards.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Goldenheart(m): 7:25am On May 12, 2017
We need results

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by datola: 7:26am On May 12, 2017
CU is trying but they should translate those findings into visible developments within their locality, Nigeria and the world at large. That is when we can take them more serious. Not some over zealous theoretical Internet relevance finding publications.

Congratulations!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by eleojo23: 7:26am On May 12, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Agimor(m): 7:26am On May 12, 2017
Covenant is one of the most outstanding University in the Country.... Kudos to them.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by sainty2k3(m): 7:27am On May 12, 2017
Hope the researches will translate to policies and development in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by talk2alabama: 7:27am On May 12, 2017
Father Edeh of Madonna university and his myopic primitive mindset in running a university...

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by sbashir10(m): 7:27am On May 12, 2017
We need more school like covenant, Christian university and even school like al hikma, where deradicalization of our corrupt mindset can be totally done, teaching with the words of God.

i think we should focus on having more religious institutions, i think covenant is able to achieve this feet because of it's strict discipline and commitment to religious teachings

8 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by DivinelyBlessed: 7:28am On May 12, 2017
Very welcome development

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Donwizbro(m): 7:28am On May 12, 2017
...if only the nigerian government can learn from that...

6 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:28am On May 12, 2017
Lol. A wishy-washy headline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 7:28am On May 12, 2017
ok
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 7:29am On May 12, 2017
Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique, Statsocial, chiefolododo, DrayZee, Joavid, Misterdhee1, rozayx5, Lyoncrescent, Handsomecole, LARRYDKING.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by TheVictorious(m): 7:29am On May 12, 2017
Statsocial:
I'm really happy for CU. We even got more citations than University of California, Berkeley! The Research Clusters are really coming alive to their work. I would be so much happy when they lead globally in Engineering as a whole. After checking Elsevier document I discovered the Corossion inhibor and Carbon Steel research cluster is led by one family-The Loto family. It seems the Father who is a senior Lecturer is constantly working in that fuel with his sons who are also lecurers. Good work.

Yes, the greatest shocker to me was even trade, considering the fact that there are many business schools all over the world. Okay prof. Loto, I think the father should have resigned by now, hasn't he?

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Agbgift(f): 7:29am On May 12, 2017
Something good from the Educational Sector.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by lowgang: 7:30am On May 12, 2017

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by AngelicBeing: 7:30am On May 12, 2017
cool
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Nobody: 7:30am On May 12, 2017
I

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Misterdhee1(m): 7:31am On May 12, 2017
Nice achievement. I am only against the school's strict religious values.

They might need to drop some of their extreme Christianity-themed regulations if they intend to achieve their long-term goal. They are right on path tho.
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by hakeem4(m): 7:32am On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Yes, the greatest shocker to me was even trade, considering the fact that there are many business schools all over the world. Okay prof. Loto, I think the father should have resigned by now, hasn't he?
he still lectures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by icedfire(m): 7:33am On May 12, 2017
Until our universities churn out graduate that can help Nigeria develop into a giant, until then, we are still light years behind

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by Chukwuka16: 7:34am On May 12, 2017
hmm
Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by spidey77: 7:36am On May 12, 2017
Irrespective of thier shortfalls, with the way they are going, Covenant university would soon be one of the best in the world..

Talking about research, Checkout world class rivers waterways that have turned into Popular death-gates

http://expressdigger..com.ng/2017/05/there-are-quite-man-cannot-do-without.html?m=1

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by sunnysunny69(m): 7:36am On May 12, 2017
Never forget they top in flogging their student as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by opalu: 7:38am On May 12, 2017
Convert Research to Result!
How can a Nigerian with PhD in Mechanical orElectrical Engineering be doing research and they take light and he curses the Government then goes out to on I-better-pass-my-neighbour Generator made by young Japanese boys who never graduated!
So many Professors who are Professing nothing!

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities by hucienda: 7:38am On May 12, 2017
Impressive.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Foreign Universities Require Personal Statements Or Statement Of Purpose / Kogi State University (KSU) 2015/2016 Admission List Is Out. / Covenant University's Track Record Of Abuse And The Irresponsibility Of NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.