Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) (15382 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Wins At The Supreme Court / DSS Tries To Rearrest Sowore In Court (Photos) / Ikpeazu Wins PDP Governorship Primaries In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 11:01am On May 12, 2017
By Chikwendu Wisdom

The Governor of Abia State, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, on May 12, Defeated Masters Energy CEO, Mr Uche Ogah at the Supreme Court in Abuja.

It must be recalled that Ikpeazu defeated Ogah in the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, primaries ahead of the 2015 gubernatorial election in the state.

Build Up To The Ruling

Justice Okon Abang of a Federal High Court in Abuja had on June 27, 2016 sacked Ikpeazu from office as governor of Abia State, after the court found him guilty of tax offences.

Abang ordered Ikpeazu to vacate office for Ogah, who challenged Ikpeazu’s eligibility to contest the 2015 governorship election as the flag bearer of the PDP.

Following the judgment and order for the immediate inauguration of Ogah as Abia governor, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, issued him with the Certificate of Return.

The development generated a heated controversy and debate on why INEC acted in a hurry.

But in another judgement in August, 2016, the Court of Appeal affirmed the election of Ikpeazu and quashed the judgment of Justice Abang.

The Court of Appeal described the ruling by Justice Abang as a rape of democracy, and ordered Ikpeazu to retain his office.

Subsequently, Ogah approached the Supreme Court where he prayed that the High Court judgement should be upheld.

The Supreme Court Ruling Today

At the Supreme court Today, the Lead judgment in the Ikpeazu Vs Ogah case was prepared by Hon. Justice Musa Dattijo Mohammed and was read by Hon. Justice Ejembi Eko.

Justice Eko Read:

"THERE IS NO SUBSTANCE IN THIS APPEAL , THE APPELLANT FAILED TO PROVE THE SUBSTANCE OF HIS ALLEGATION. THIS APPEAL IS HEREBY DISMISSED WITH COSTS OF 250,000 NAIRA"

"Ladies and gentleman, The good people of Abia State, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, Phd remains the Governor of Abia State" he concluded.

http://mynaijainfo.com/2017/05/breaking-ikpeazu-wins-uche-ogah-supreme-court-remains-abia-governor/

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by dmediator555(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2017
I dedicate this my first FTC in 2017 to all nairalanders.... though I hate d news for whatever reason, but am pretty sure big things are coming my way very soon... The will of God must be done.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by IRobot7(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2017
Who is who in the judiciary!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Samirana360(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2017
ogah should go and sit down...
.face ur business mr oga...u ar nt a better canditate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by IgboAmakaa(f): 11:05am On May 12, 2017
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Cornerstone2020(m): 11:10am On May 12, 2017
Haters Can go and die.
Enough of all these meaningless distractions and hatred for God sent governor Dr. Okezie Victor Chibuikem Ikpeazu.

15 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Evablizin(f): 11:12am On May 12, 2017
Uche oga & co allow ikpeazu to rest nah,enough of this money wastage,instead of using this money to be feeding all this fat tummy lawyers that is just occupying sit the should use it and pay the civil servants their salary

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by collinsy2: 11:12am On May 12, 2017
Yes
Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by DaniDani(m): 11:12am On May 12, 2017
Congratulations to you Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu for your resounding victory. Shame on your enemies, Uche Ugah has been defeated thrice, FN Nwosu, thrice, Alex Otti, I have lost count. Shame on Anambra conspirators who teamed up to unseat Victor. Shame on enemies of Ngwa. Ngwa shall be great again.

I am happy in a sad mood. I lost my friend, brother, and a member of FNS. RIP EZE ABALANWA. EZIGBO NWA AFOR NGWA WITH GREAT POTENTIALS.

9 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by collinsy2: 11:15am On May 12, 2017
See crazy celebrations with gun shots in Aba.

By the way, now he has won,He should ensure he continues with the massive road constructions going on in Aba.
He should not celebrate until he has fixed/transformed Aba!

Congratulations Ikpeazu!

9 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Agimor(m): 11:16am On May 12, 2017
Court cases are auction and the highest bidder go home victorious.... Ask Okowa who bribed a Judge with a billion naira.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 12, 2017
What do you expect? undecided embarassed

If there was any justice in this country, Alex Otti should have been the governor of Abia state.

Arochukwu people are not happy because
Okezie Ikpeazu has further neglected that great kingdom and local government.

We will only expect worse now his legs are standing firm in power.

Abia state.. God's Cursed State
SMH.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Babachukwu: 12:18pm On May 12, 2017
I knew it will end this way, am very glade

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2017
Like if u think ikpeazu deserves it.

Share if u think ogar deserves it.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by TheTrueSeeker: 12:35pm On May 12, 2017
Justice Okon Abang of a Federal High Court in Abuja Must be sacked after this Abia Ruling

5 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by senatorizyking(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2017
DaniDani:
Congratulations to you Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu for your resounding victory. Shame on your enemies, Uche Ugah has been defeated thrice, FN Nwosu, thrice, Alex Otti, I have lost count. Shame on Anambra conspirators who teamed up to unseat Victor. Shame on enemies of Ngwa. Ngwa shall be great again.

I am happy in a sad mood. I lost my friend, brother, and a member of FNS. RIP EZE ABALANWA. EZIGBO NWA AFOR NGWA WITH GREAT POTENTIALS.

Rest in peace to our beloved brother and congratulations to Ngwaland first son Dr. OKEZIE VICTOR IKPEAZU. It's a victory for all lovers of democracy and Abians.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by softmind24: 12:54pm On May 12, 2017
sad
Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Mopolchi: 12:55pm On May 12, 2017
Okay up PDP!

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by AkupeMBANO(m): 12:55pm On May 12, 2017
sad, that ikpeazu is an embarrassment to governance. I thought he will be removed today aswear!
Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Africonji: 12:55pm On May 12, 2017
Yes!!!!!! I told them!!!!!! OVI you have been vindicated!!! Yes!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by sunshineV(f): 12:56pm On May 12, 2017
No fake love
Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 12, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Tazdroid(m): 12:56pm On May 12, 2017
Congrats to Gov. Ikpeazu

Ogah, you don reach ya last bus stop o.

E bø lé!

Ogah:

6 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by magoo10(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2017
Its ovi ovi
APC cannot take the seat of abia govt through the back door Vis a vis sheriffs agent Uche ogah.
God bless okezie ikpeazu
God bless Abia state

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by sunbilor(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2017
Congrats OVI. Onye chi mere eze aburu go eze. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Dottore: 12:59pm On May 12, 2017
I talk am o
[
b]So this matter still dey?
Synopsis:
Ikpeazu meets and confides in Wike for solution, Wike meets his wife and Peter Odili's wife.. The two women Judges meet their colleagues and negotiates with them. They tell Ikpeazu how much to pay. He pays with state bailout funds and waits for twisted judgment in his favor. Then wins.

Ikpeazu in media briefing "this is a victory for all lovers of Democracy, this shows that our judiciary system is still credible and last hope of the oppressed. We shall continue our good leadership in Abia State."

OGAR GOES BACK TO NURSE HIS WOUNDS. TILL 2019[/b]

Nigeria's judiciary is an auction. In Nigeria cases are not worn by lawyers that know the law but lawyers or people that know the judge.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) by Padiga: 1:03pm On May 12, 2017
Babachukwu:
I knew it will end this way, am very glade
your English teacher will not be glad.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha / Anambra State Is Not Imo State, PDP Tells APC. / A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.