Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,958 members, 7,803,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable (33332 Views)

Buhari To Bandits: "Surrender Or Face Disgraceful And Violent End" / Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:37am On May 12, 2017
I am reading in shame the disgraceful act of some indigent Ijaw youths in Biagbolo, Bayelsa against innocent traders of Igbo extraction under the guise of avenging the death of 17-year-old Faith Omosovu Pius, who was murdered by a certain "Tochukwu" suspected to be of Igbo extraction.

While I'm concerned about the gruesome murder of Faith and the calamity it has brought on the people of Biagbolo, the family of the deceased and the entire Ijaw nation, I can't help but condemn the irresponsible and barbaric actions of some youths in the community in reaction to the sad incident.

Firstly, the youths must understand that even in animal kingdom the action of a an animal cannot be said to be that of the entire group except they assent to it. So why should responsible and law abiding traders be meant to pay for the sin of a particular individual? Why should we take action that even animals will frown at? We are meant to be above every animal, so why should we do what they despise? What concerns the Igbo businessman in his shop with the action of Tochukwu?

Secondly, our people in Bayelsa must realise that any society that does not make herself to be conducive and accommodating to visitors and investors is bound to the ruins. Even the greatest economies in the world open their doors to people with legitimate interest. Why should some Bayelsans take action that discourages not only existing Businesses but also prospective businesses?

Thirdly, what about if every tribe in Nigeria adopt such strategy? What about if Yoruba people attack Ijaws in their various communities in Ikorodu and other parts of Ogun and Lagos States simply because some misguided Ijaw people took their militancy to a higher realm by engaging in kidnapping, armed robbery, reckless killings and other social vices within Yoruba land? Will it be justified?

And fourthly, how are we even sure that the culprit has no Ijaw accomplice? Will they kill all Ijaws and destroy their sources of livelihood if an Ijaw man is found out to be an accomplice?

For the sake of sanity, a crime has been committed, the appropriate thing to do is to ensure that the authorities act on it and justice be done, while working with the Igbo community/traders within the locality to ensure that the culprit and his accomplice(s) are not shielded.

I urge the Police and Bayelsa state government to do all within their powers to ensure that justice is not only done to Miss Faith but also to those Igbo traders that fell victim of the misguided actions of some youths in the community.

In strong terms, I condemn the violence against law abiding Igbo traders and residents in Bayelsa state. I sincerely apologize over the barbaric action of those misguided youths.

Ijaw means truth, the truth we must not compromise. In Peace Faith...

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:38am On May 12, 2017
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Donexy16(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2017
ipods and their greed for wealth... Tufiakwa

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by IgboAmakaa(f): 11:41am On May 12, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

tonye u spoke well

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by obamabinladen(m): 11:44am On May 12, 2017
They are only inviting KARMA which I know will knock at their door one day as you know, Mr KARMA doesn't miss house address.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Donexy16(m): 11:46am On May 12, 2017
IgboAmakaa:

skull miners cant u just shatap if u have notiong to say

everything is not about tribalism

Look at this one..

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by hardywaltz(m): 11:47am On May 12, 2017
The reactions of the Ijaws shows how envious they are of the Igbos coz the name Tochukwu doesn't necessarily mean the person is Igbo coz Ndoni people of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni also bear such names likewise Etche and Asaba/Delta Igbos.

This is why anytime I hear these Ipobians including these envious Eastern Minority tribes (Ijaws Ikwerre, Urobho etc) in their fools paradise of Biafra I just laff at them coz they don't know how envious these people are.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by VivianUdeogu(f): 11:49am On May 12, 2017
Tonye, I concur with your write up. As much as you have condemned the irate Ijaw Youths, I expect you to also condemn Tochukwu and his fellow Igbo ritualist.

As an Ada Igbo myself, I am really troubled with the way Igbo youth are getting involved in Ogwu Ego. This has nothing to do with tribalism. We Igbos should tell ourselves the bitter truth.

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!

160 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by AllHailBiafra(m): 11:57am On May 12, 2017
While I commend the courageous out spoken of the truth by Tonyebacanista, I must also say that Tonyebacanista is the list person I expected such defensive statements for the Igbos from, I must confess. Well! Tonye, keep it up, and as you do, may God continue to bless you.

17 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Xway(m): 11:58am On May 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am reading in shame the disgraceful act of some indigent Ijaw youths in Biagbolo, Bayelsa against innocent traders of Igbo extraction under the guise of avenging the death of 17-year-old Faith Omosovu Pius, who was murdered by a certain "Tochukwu" suspected to be of Igbo extraction.

While I'm concerned about the gruesome murder of Faith and the calamity it has brought on the people of Biagbolo, the family of the deceased and the entire Ijaw nation, I can't help but condemn the irresponsible and barbaric actions of some youths in the community in reaction to the sad incident.

Firstly, the youths must understand that even in animal kingdom the action of a an animal cannot be said to be that of the entire group except they assent to it. So why should responsible and law abiding traders be meant to pay for the sin of a particular individual? Why should we take action that even animals will frown at? We are meant to be above every animal, so why should we do what they despise? What concerns the Igbo businessman in his shop with the action of Tochukwu?

Secondly, our people in Bayelsa must realise that any society that does not make herself to be conducive and accommodating to visitors and investors is bound to the ruins. Even the greatest economies in the world open their doors to people with legitimate interest. Why should some Bayelsans take action that discourages not only existing Businesses but also prospective businesses?

Thirdly, what about if every tribe in Nigeria adopt such strategy? What about if Yoruba people attack Ijaws in their various communities in Ikorodu and other parts of Ogun and Lagos States simply because some misguided Ijaw people took their militancy to a higher realm by engaging in kidnapping, armed robbery, reckless killings and other social vices within Yoruba land? Will it be justified?

And fourthly, how are we even sure that the culprit has no Ijaw accomplice? Will they kill all Ijaws and destroy their sources of livelihood if an Ijaw man is found out to be an accomplice?

For the sake of sanity, a crime has been committed, the appropriate thing to do is to ensure that the authorities act on it and justice be done, while working with the Igbo community/traders within the locality to ensure that the culprit and his accomplice(s) are not shielded.

I urge the Police and Bayelsa state government to do all within their powers to ensure that justice is not only done to Miss Faith but also to those Igbo traders that fell victim of the misguided actions of some youths in the community.

In strong terms, I condemn the violence against law abiding Igbo traders and residents in Bayelsa state. I sincerely apologize over the barbaric action of those misguided youths.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
First tym am cool wit ur post.

Here in enugu i love ijaw pple a lot.
I learnt swimming from my ijaw friend.
I don't knw were there hatred enumerated from.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Shawnnn01: 12:06pm On May 12, 2017
Your cup of tea. This is what you get when a certain group believe they alone have monopoly to chest beat. The foolishness should be flogged out of their medulla.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Omoluabi16(m): 12:09pm On May 12, 2017
Imagine being attacked simply because you are of a different ethnic extraction. We cry xenophobia, and racism.Yet we do that everyday in nigeria. Its happened in bauchi, ife now yenagoa. Do we have to remind people that we're human first of all?

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by softmind24: 12:17pm On May 12, 2017
undecided
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:17pm On May 12, 2017
Xway:
First tym am cool wit ur post.

Here in enugu i love ijaw pple a lot.
I learnt swimming from my ijaw friend.
I don't knw were there hatred enumerated from.
Well, I can testify to the treatment I got during my stay short in Abia.

What's happening in Bayelsa is display of stupidity and frustration by some misguided people. No sane man will abandon his job and business to attack innocent people under any guise.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Imagine being attacked simply because you are of a different ethnic extraction. We cry xenophobia, and racism.Yet we do that everyday in nigeria. Its happened in bauchi, ife now yenagoa. Do we have to remind people that we're human first of all?
That's what you get in a Banana republic.

6 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nkem4040: 12:24pm On May 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
[s]I am reading in shame the disgraceful act of some indigent Ijaw youths in Biagbolo, Bayelsa against innocent traders of Igbo extraction under the guise of avenging the death of 17-year-old Faith Omosovu Pius, who was murdered by a certain "Tochukwu" suspected to be of Igbo extraction.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria [/s]

Shattap there. If you don't understand psychology, you won't understand what the OP is trying to do. Nothing happened that warrants the over the top reporting to incite Ijaws against their Igbo brethren. Where were you when Hausa-Fulani slaughtered Yorubaas in Osun? This pathological Igbo hater is intentionally fanning this news to inflate the a very minor issue. I know you are an Afonja pretending to be from SS with your Igbo phobia and penchant or divisiveness.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by adem30: 12:26pm On May 12, 2017
Why is everybody going against Igbos in this country, Even their acclaimed Brothers

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by BabaRamota1980: 12:39pm On May 12, 2017

Firstly, the youths must understand that even in animal kingdom the action of a an animal cannot be said to be that of the entire group except they assent to it. So why should responsible and law abiding traders be meant to pay for the sin of a particular individual?

There is conflict in this "pretentious" voice of wisdom. You give condolence to the entire Ijaw nation for death of one person who most Ijaws don't even know if it wasn't for this news, and turn around to ask why the large Igbo traders is attacked for action of one of them.

If the action against Igbo is condemnable, your inclusion of entire Ijaw nation in condolence betrays your honesty at fairness.

grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:40pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:
Tonye, I concur with your write up. As much as you have condemned the irate Ijaw Youths, I expect you to also condemn Tochukwu and his fellow Igbo ritualist.

As an Ada Igbo myself, I am really troubled with the way Igbo youth are getting involved in Ogwu Ego. This has nothing to do with tribalism. We Igbos should tell ourselves the bitter truth.

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!
Goggle translator keeps giving them away

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:46pm On May 12, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

There is conflict in this "pretentious" voice of wisdom. You give condolence to the entire Ijaw nation for death of one person who most Ijaws don't even know if it wasn't for this news, and turn around to ask why the large Igbo traders is attacked for action of one of them.

If the action against Igbo is condemnable, your inclusion of entire Ijaw nation in condolence betrays your honesty at fairness.

grin
Nothing conflicting.

I was empathetic and I shared the concern with the people of Bayelsa state and the Ijaw nation BUT I condemn attack on Igbos because I believe that the innocent must be protected and respected and not be attacked for the deed of a single individual.

Whenever calamity happens, people not just empathise with the immediate family but also any group or individuals that may be directly or indirectly affected. This is why people condole with Governors, Government and people when a calamity befall a member of the society/state.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by BabaRamota1980: 12:48pm On May 12, 2017

Its getting there! Ijaw residents in Lagos will end up with a @$$ whipping if their atrocities in Lagos dont stop soon. We are slow to attack, but when we do its TOTAL and then we get blamed for commiting genocide. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by hammer6: 12:50pm On May 12, 2017
Honestly, even Yoruba and Hausa violent clash did not receive this much media.

We igbos are special.

A man murder his girlfriend and i share the blame just becos i speak same language.

They say he gave fake name but that fake name is the basis for blaming igbo.

Well, unlike wat the yoruba press are reporting, there is no fighting between igbo and Ijaw and there will never be such fighting.

Igbo and Ijaw are together destined for greatness. We will arouse their awakening.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by hornyofife: 12:55pm On May 12, 2017
of which my friend working there just confirmed to me that the so called tochukwu is an ikwerre igbo...

ikwerre you see your life? tomorrow you say you are not igbo, yet the same Nigerians wishing you not to be igbo see you as igbo. Time will tell

17 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by hornyofife: 12:57pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!

ibadan afonja harlot, how far na?

https://www.nairaland.com/3794663/un-habitat-global-report-ibadan#up

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by caleboxylic: 1:02pm On May 12, 2017
hardywaltz:
The reactions of the Ijaws shows how envious they are of the Igbos coz the name Tochukwu doesn't necessarily mean the person is Igbo coz Ndoni people of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni also bear such names likewise Etche and Asaba/Delta Igbos.

This is why anytime I hear these Ipobians including these envious Eastern Minority tribes (Ijaws Ikwerre, Urobho etc) in their fools paradise of Biafra I just laff at them coz they don't know how envious these people are.

Thrash. Delta/Asaba igbo indeed. Do we have nsukka/Enugu Igbo too?. So egbema people are not Igbo again rather they answer Igbo names. Talk about only Ikwerre people that have denied their Igbo origin which we the great Igbo nation have accepted because they have nothing to offer Igbo nation both in human and natural resources.

Don't ever use that term delta Igbo again. Igbo is Igbo starting from umuezekohe in Benue down to Opobo.

33 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by caleboxylic: 1:07pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!

My friend, Ikwerre people answer tochukwu too. Ikwerre said they are not Igbo.

20 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Kondomatic(m): 1:11pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!
The guy didn't kill the girl for ritual purpose

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Modupe Odele Goes Into Exile After ‘Second Encounter With Immigration' / One Of The Missing Chibok Girls Found By Civilian-JTF - Ezekwesili / Presidential Debate: Why Nigerians Disagree With Buhari’s Excuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.