Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable (33329 Views)

Buhari To Bandits: "Surrender Or Face Disgraceful And Violent End" / Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by maxti: 5:49pm On May 12, 2017
paramakina202:
All I have been reading is article upon article no pictures from the scene where the so called attarcks happened,in Yoruba vs Hausa in Ife we saw pictures and people were interviewed but in this case nothing yet....in this information age why do they find it difficult to get first hand information?
You guys should keep your apologies until we get clearer picture of what happened.

Exactly my take. Bayelsa is Peaceful n everyone going about their normal biz.
Though there were protest on the first few days.
At the moment,The annual conference of Land suveyors is going on in Yenagoa.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Edu3Again: 5:50pm On May 12, 2017
swuftz:
I thought Balyesans are part of the futuristic land of Biafara. or am I mistaken?

Ijaw people declaring biafra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWBgUMb1zM

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 12, 2017
Wise Igbos understand that there is nothing like sweet home. Come back home and do your business. Hungry no go kill you. Keep making yourself soft target to the hateful Nigerians. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by sorry1(m): 5:59pm On May 12, 2017
bakynes:
What is the problem with these Igbo folks on these Forum. An Igbo lady was trying to correct her people to soft pedal in Bayelsa, she even wrote in igbo and you are calling her Afonja, Tonye too una dey call am Afonja, what is your problem with Yoruba people you this Igbo people sef. Yoruba sitdown jeje, this matter is btw Ijaw and Igbos, the OP sef is Ijaw, most of the people that commented are not Yorubas so what exactly is your Problem.

If you can't impregnate your wife you people will be Shouting Afonja up and down.
Another yoruba mofo will still read this your comment and say that you aren't Yoruba. you people are treacherous and divisive. Trying so hard to bring discord between two ethnic groups just to exert your outdated divide and rule will never work!!

How many pictures have you seen online where beyelsans are attacking igbos? start reasoning for Christ sake!! Yes, maybe, "Tochukwu" killed his galfriend and people have been trying to find him by seeking igbos cooperation, but you and your Yoruba media house are making the whole thing look as if the whole igbo nation are under threat.

Go to ile ife and discuss with your oba about Yoruba and leave igbo alone, afonja.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by enimooko: 6:02pm On May 12, 2017
IPOB yoots are tornin hagainste the Heegboos in Bayelsa

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by bukynkwuenu: 6:10pm On May 12, 2017
Donexy16:
ipods and their greed for wealth... Tufiakwa

so you call it greed..... it's called hard work and relentlessness

don't justify the laziness of your region as contentment.....everybody wants riches but no lazy man can get it

4 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by IgboTyphoon: 6:12pm On May 12, 2017
caleboxylic:

My friend, Ikwerre people answer tochukwu too. Ikwerre said they are not Igbo.

Ijebu said they are Not Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Ikem11(m): 6:13pm On May 12, 2017
obamabinladen:
They are only inviting KARMA which I know will knock at their door one day as you know, Mr KARMA doesn't miss house address.
Even if u move out of your house how the thing go know your new address go surprise you

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by eyinjuege: 6:14pm On May 12, 2017
Nigeria is unfortunately a lawless country. From every nook and cranny regardless of geopolitical region.

Its really unfortunate. I don't know whatbcan be done to make people follow the rule of law, and not take law into their own hands.

I understand some crimes are heinous. But when citizens just take the law into their own hands is what is scary. ALUU 4 also comes to mind, so many mob actions in every part of Nigeria either based on religious, tribal or cultural sentiments.
Usually, the bystander injury on innocent people is more. Many families are destroyed. The blood of the innocent spilled will definitely cry on the lands.

I wonder what law enforcement can really do fight such crimes. Does Nigeria need to employ more law enforcement agents, even though most of the ones there are devil incarnate?
There's trouble in the land o..
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by luminouz(m): 6:14pm On May 12, 2017
VivianUdeogu:
Tonye, I concur with your write up. As much as you have condemned the irate Ijaw Youths, I expect you to also condemn Tochukwu and his fellow Igbo ritualist.

As an Ada Igbo myself, I am really troubled with the way Igbo youth are getting involved in Ogwu Ego. This has nothing to do with tribalism. We Igbos should tell ourselves the bitter truth.

Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!
Please what is Ogwu? I know Ego is money in Igbo!
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Kebreal92(m): 6:19pm On May 12, 2017
PEACE IS THE ANSWER
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by edupedia: 6:23pm On May 12, 2017
hammer6:
Honestly, even Yoruba and Hausa violent clash did not receive this much media.

We igbos are special.

A man murder his girlfriend and i share the blame just becos i speak same language.

They say he gave fake name but that fake name is the basis for blaming igbo.

Well, unlike wat the yoruba press are reporting, there is no fighting between igbo and Ijaw and there will never be such fighting.

Igbo and Ijaw are together destined for greatness. We will arouse their awakening.

...another IPOB dreamer and fiction writer...keep it up till u wake up...the aroma of your shame will get to your nostrils one day...yeye people...

7 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by desmondneke(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2017
in the voice of chinue achebe....."if a man comes to ur house and deficate what will u do to him...he said I will take a big stick and break his head.....so if the Op whose name indicate he is from the ijaw clan says they are wrong e should knw that assuming the case was reserved the igbos wont have hesitate to do the same
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Ikechu0b: 6:26pm On May 12, 2017
kennybabs1980:
Igbos are hated everywhere they go

The hausa that killed you Afonja rats must truly love you.

The ijaws that have beaten, attacked and slaughtered una bo t h in your Ondo saltate, delta and every town they are found loves una

The Ghanaians that are closing you Afonja shops in theor country must love una.
The South Africans killing una without thinking twice also love una.

Useless Afonja.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by nengibo: 6:28pm On May 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am reading in shame the disgraceful act of some indigent Ijaw youths in Biagbolo, Bayelsa against innocent traders of Igbo extraction under the guise of avenging the death of 17-year-old Faith Omosovu Pius, who was murdered by a certain "Tochukwu" suspected to be of Igbo extraction.

While I'm concerned about the gruesome murder of Faith and the calamity it has brought on the people of Biagbolo, the family of the deceased and the entire Ijaw nation, I can't help but condemn the irresponsible and barbaric actions of some youths in the community in reaction to the sad incident.

Firstly, the youths must understand that even in animal kingdom the action of a an animal cannot be said to be that of the entire group except they assent to it. So why should responsible and law abiding traders be meant to pay for the sin of a particular individual? Why should we take action that even animals will frown at? We are meant to be above every animal, so why should we do what they despise? What concerns the Igbo businessman in his shop with the action of Tochukwu?

Secondly, our people in Bayelsa must realise that any society that does not make herself to be conducive and accommodating to visitors and investors is bound to the ruins. Even the greatest economies in the world open their doors to people with legitimate interest. Why should some Bayelsans take action that discourages not only existing Businesses but also prospective businesses?

Thirdly, what about if every tribe in Nigeria adopt such strategy? What about if Yoruba people attack Ijaws in their various communities in Ikorodu and other parts of Ogun and Lagos States simply because some misguided Ijaw people took their militancy to a higher realm by engaging in kidnapping, armed robbery, reckless killings and other social vices within Yoruba land? Will it be justified?

And fourthly, how are we even sure that the culprit has no Ijaw accomplice? Will they kill all Ijaws and destroy their sources of livelihood if an Ijaw man is found out to be an accomplice?

For the sake of sanity, a crime has been committed, the appropriate thing to do is to ensure that the authorities act on it and justice be done, while working with the Igbo community/traders within the locality to ensure that the culprit and his accomplice(s) are not shielded.

I urge the Police and Bayelsa state government to do all within their powers to ensure that justice is not only done to Miss Faith but also to those Igbo traders that fell victim of the misguided actions of some youths in the community.

In strong terms, I condemn the violence against law abiding Igbo traders and residents in Bayelsa state. I sincerely apologize over the barbaric action of those misguided youths.

Ijaw means truth, the truth we must not compromise. In Peace Faith...

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/3261146/ijaws-flee-lagos-ogun-fear
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by paramakina202: 6:28pm On May 12, 2017
maxti:

Meaning there was no such attarck as been fabricated left and right?
Abeg do you live in Bayelsa?

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Ikechu0b: 6:28pm On May 12, 2017
paramakina202:
All I have been reading is article upon article no pictures from the scene where the so called attarcks happened,in Yoruba vs Hausa in Ife we saw pictures and people were interviewed but in this case nothing yet....in this information age why do they find it difficult to get first hand information?
You guys should keep your apologies until we get clearer picture of what happened.

There was no one killed other than the girl hence lack of images of the so called "igbo killed". The attacks is nothing more but yoruba fabrication

The only/first people that reported that igbo traders were killed was a yoruba writer.

The whole incident was youths protested and igbo traders were told to close their shop for few days that's it.

This is the full story
http://www.channelstv.com/2017/05/09/248807/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by adem30: 6:29pm On May 12, 2017
Edu3Again:

If una like them , why una dey beg them not to leave?
Can you allow your animals in your cage go?
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by femolii: 6:29pm On May 12, 2017
They will still blame yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nathan2016: 6:31pm On May 12, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Ok

Okuko Igbo

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Ikechu0b: 6:31pm On May 12, 2017
hardywaltz:
The reactions of the Ijaws shows how envious they are of the Igbos coz the name Tochukwu doesn't necessarily mean the person is Igbo coz Ndoni people of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni also bear such names likewise Etche and Asaba/Delta Igbos.

This is why anytime I hear these Ipobians including these envious Eastern Minority tribes (Ijaws Ikwerre, Urobho etc) in their fools paradise of Biafra I just laff at them coz they don't know how envious these people are.

I would have insulted you but then I realize it's not worth my time.

So because of this nonsense than all of a sudden Asaba is not igbo. Thunder fire you. GOAT!!!

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Basic123: 6:33pm On May 12, 2017
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful
And Condemnable by VivianUdeogu( f ): 11:49am

Tonye, I concur with your write up. As much as you
have condemned the irate Ijaw Youths, I expect you to
also condemn Tochukwu and his fellow Igbo ritualist.
As an Ada Igbo myself, I am really troubled with the
way Igbo youth are getting involved in Ogwu Ego. This
has nothing to do with tribalism. We Igbos should tell
ourselves the bitter truth.
Chai !! Nsogbu Dikwa !!

( Quote ) ( Report ) 75 Likes ( Unlike ) 4 Shares ( Share )
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Ikechu0b: 6:35pm On May 12, 2017
bakynes:
What is the problem with these Igbo folks on these Forum. An Igbo lady was trying to correct her people to soft pedal in Bayelsa, she even wrote in igbo and you are calling her Afonja, Tonye too una dey call am Afonja, what is your problem with Yoruba people you this Igbo people sef. Yoruba sitdown jeje, this matter is btw Ijaw and Igbos, the OP sef is Ijaw, most of the people that commented are not Yorubas so what exactly is your Problem.

If you can't impregnate your wife you people will be Shouting Afonja up and down.

That's because you Afonja are despicable!!!!!

Here's a look of the so called "igbo lady" account
https://www.nairaland.com/vivianudeogu/post
Her entire page screeching AFONJA!!!

Your entire tribe are nothing but cowards till the point you even pretend to be women just to showcase your idiocracy.

Second of all, the so called "igbo girl" written igbo is inaccurate suggesting google translator

Every body also knows Afonja are the den of ritualistic and skull mining.

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Basic123: 6:35pm On May 12, 2017
Ikechu0b:

The hausa that killed you Afonja rats must truly love you.

The ijaws that have beaten, attacked and slaughtered una bo t h in your Ondo saltate, delta and every town they are found loves una

The Ghanaians that are closing you Afonja shops in theor country must love una.
The South Africans killing una without thinking twice also love una.

Useless Afonja.
..Mr Man go face your ijaw brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Basic123: 6:37pm On May 12, 2017
The descendants of CLIFFORD ORJI can never disappoint.

4 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Ikechu0b: 6:39pm On May 12, 2017
Basic123:
..Mr Man go face your ijaw brothers.

After you show me one igbo traders image that was killed that your satanic animals of waste professed happened. Give me one image and I'll face am. Infact give us image and a name

I can give you images of yorubas slaughtered by ijaws few months by their militants.

Lastly, travel out of your villages and go get a brain. The tribe that reside in the land this occurred are not ijaws.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Nature8(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am reading in shame the disgraceful act of some indigent Ijaw youths in Biagbolo, Bayelsa against innocent traders of Igbo extraction under the guise of avenging the death of 17-year-old Faith Omosovu Pius, who was murdered by a certain "Tochukwu" suspected to be of Igbo extraction.

While I'm concerned about the gruesome murder of Faith and the calamity it has brought on the people of Biagbolo, the family of the deceased and the entire Ijaw nation, I can't help but condemn the irresponsible and barbaric actions of some youths in the community in reaction to the sad incident.

Firstly, the youths must understand that even in animal kingdom the action of a an animal cannot be said to be that of the entire group except they assent to it. So why should responsible and law abiding traders be meant to pay for the sin of a particular individual? Why should we take action that even animals will frown at? We are meant to be above every animal, so why should we do what they despise? What concerns the Igbo businessman in his shop with the action of Tochukwu?

Secondly, our people in Bayelsa must realise that any society that does not make herself to be conducive and accommodating to visitors and investors is bound to the ruins. Even the greatest economies in the world open their doors to people with legitimate interest. Why should some Bayelsans take action that discourages not only existing Businesses but also prospective businesses?

Thirdly, what about if every tribe in Nigeria adopt such strategy? What about if Yoruba people attack Ijaws in their various communities in Ikorodu and other parts of Ogun and Lagos States simply because some misguided Ijaw people took their militancy to a higher realm by engaging in kidnapping, armed robbery, reckless killings and other social vices within Yoruba land? Will it be justified?

And fourthly, how are we even sure that the culprit has no Ijaw accomplice? Will they kill all Ijaws and destroy their sources of livelihood if an Ijaw man is found out to be an accomplice?

For the sake of sanity, a crime has been committed, the appropriate thing to do is to ensure that the authorities act on it and justice be done, while working with the Igbo community/traders within the locality to ensure that the culprit and his accomplice(s) are not shielded.

I urge the Police and Bayelsa state government to do all within their powers to ensure that justice is not only done to Miss Faith but also to those Igbo traders that fell victim of the misguided actions of some youths in the community.

In strong terms, I condemn the violence against law abiding Igbo traders and residents in Bayelsa state. I sincerely apologize over the barbaric action of those misguided youths.

Ijaw means truth, the truth we must not compromise. In Peace Faith...

May God Bless Us All

I wish Biagbolo/Ijaw people will read this..

Nice one bro..
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by baralatie(m): 6:45pm On May 12, 2017
maxti:

that is to let you know the kind of rumour monger and over exaggerators that are there but mention resource control and local content against ijaws you go go see treads after tread .the funny thing about this story is that the respondents on this tread are ignorant of attacks on female ijaws that go on in bayelsa and including young ijaw teens!
concerning those issues your guess is as good as mine.they keep sealed lips
Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Malawian(m): 6:46pm On May 12, 2017
nnokwa042:
if indeed ur an Igbo person ur type will tag all ur village people evil people anyways u can never be Igbo person ,ur the type we Igbo's called my mama tell me say I be Igbo, so ur opinion doesn't count ,there re more than 400000 Igbo's in bayelsa so if one Igbo person commit offence in bayelsa then ijaw people should attack other innocent Igbo's with thier families may Fulani people kidnap ur family and rape u ewu
the person you are quoting is a yoruba guy, he is one of the oodua Insurgents that plaglarized the name of DozzyBaba's younge sister. For the other person proposing marriage to the dude, na you get your nyash, dasol.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by Sanchez01: 6:46pm On May 12, 2017
hardywaltz:
The reactions of the Ijaws shows how envious they are of the Igbos coz the name Tochukwu doesn't necessarily mean the person is Igbo coz Ndoni people of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni also bear such names likewise Etche and Asaba/Delta Igbos.

This is why anytime I hear these Ipobians including these envious Eastern Minority tribes (Ijaws Ikwerre, Urobho etc) in their fools paradise of Biafra I just laff at them coz they don't know how envious these people are.
Apparently, you didn't wear your thinking cap before typing this rubbish. So your point is that those from Asaba, Ndoni, Etche and Egbema are not Igbos?

6 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by paramakina202: 6:49pm On May 12, 2017
Ikechu0b:

There was no one killed other than the girl hence lack of images of the so called "igbo killed". The attacks is nothing more but yoruba fabrication

The only/first people that reported that igbo traders were killed was a yoruba writer.

The whole incident was youths protested and igbo traders were told to close their shop for few days that's it.

This is the full story
http://www.channelstv.com/2017/05/09/248807/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Well,thank God for internet we are nolonger in the days where everyone depended on Lagos/Ibadan newspapers where they dish out hateful propaganda day in day out againgst the East unchallanged.
Since beginning of time no Eastern tribe have gone out of the way and start murdering each other for any reason.
Easterners are not barbaric and whoever that commited murder must be found and punished according by law.

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable by nnokwa042(m): 6:55pm On May 12, 2017
Malawian:

the person you are quoting is a yoruba guy, he is one of the oodua Insurgents that plaglarized the name of DozzyBaba's younge sister. For the other person proposing marriage to the dude, na you get your nyash, dasol.
I for say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okorocha Begins Tree Planting, Beautification Of Major Roads In Owerri (Pics) / Pictures Of African Leaders In Japan For TICAD7 / Rufai Oseni Speaks On Tinubu's Visit To Rivers State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.