Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera (17199 Views)

Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) / FG Shielding Akpabio From Prosecution For Corrupt Allegation ― Group / Al-jazeera On President Buhari's Speech At UN Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by Factfinder1(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2017
82 of Nigeria’s Chibok schoolgirls are free thanks to a prisoner swap between the Nigerian government and Boko Haram. The release is the biggest since the armed group swarmed a school in northern Nigeria in April 2014, kidnapping 276 girls.

But the ordeal is not over for the freed girls and their families, according to Peter Joseph, the uncle of one of the 21 schoolgirls released by Boko Haram in October 2016.

More than six months later, his niece, Sarah, is still in a government rehabilitation camp where the girls rarely see their families. “We were very happy to learn of the news that she was released,” he told The Stream’s Femi Oke.“But we are not very much impressed with the way the government is handling the whole rehabilitation process.”

Since her release, he’s only seen his niece once, when he traveled to Chibok last December. Even then, he says there were set time limits on visits, and many topics – like her experience as a prisoner – were off limits. He calls her often, but said she is only allowed to talk for two-three minutes before being cut off. He said his niece has told him that “only females can sneak in to see them sometimes but males are not allowed into the compound.”

“Nobody is allowed to see them,” he said. “So it’s like another imprisonment, but this one has to do with the government.”

Peter’s sister Elizabeth is still being held by Boko Haram.

The Stream also discussed the dangers of isolation; what rehabilitation means in this situation; and whether the ‘Chibok girls’ have become too famous to ever truly be free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWbqO-eTZPM

http://ogashub.com.ng/fg-shielding-chibok-girls-from-their-parents-al-jazeera/

1 Share

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by richidinho(m): 3:56pm On May 12, 2017
f
Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 12, 2017
I applaud the gov't for the rehabilitation exercise but isn't this continued captivity? why do you have to cut all means of communication? isolation is not healthy for them right now unless you don't mind getting them depressed

8 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by Oladimejyy(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2017
God bless PMB. God bless ME. but God should split us(Nigeria) peaceful make everybody they bear him papa name

28 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by kutchs: 4:17pm On May 12, 2017
It's all too familiar, there are certain information the govt doesn't want the girls to reveal to the public yet. It is too risky for the govt to release the girls when their 'minds haven't been taken over yet'.

Now tell me where's the best place for the girls to recover if not with and among loved ones. The govt surely knows what it's doing.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 12, 2017
Lol... OK naa, another story to make the scam look real huh, anyway those who are buying this sh1t are sited over there..

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:31pm On May 12, 2017
The Truth sets free......!!
Buhari and his gang cannot be free until the Truth of the ''Political Kidnapping '' of Christian gals by Muslim Power Cabal in the North is publicly exposed....... wahala go must kwantinu....!!

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by oloriooko(m): 4:32pm On May 12, 2017
If u go to sleep with an itching anus, u are sure to wake up with smelly fingers
How long will this foolishness last?

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by limeta(f): 4:34pm On May 12, 2017
It smells like poo cause is poo
I never bought in to this from day one

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by nkwuocha1: 4:38pm On May 12, 2017
Hmmm.
Any body that believes this last batch are same Chibok girls kidnapped over two years ago will also agree his/her grandmother is a virgin.

grin
Scam

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by greatgod2012(f): 4:40pm On May 12, 2017
Chibok girls saga........the more you look, the less you see!

Not only shielded away from their parents but also from the media!

Something is definitely being hidden!

Time shall tell!

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 12, 2017
oloriooko:
If u go to sleep with an itching anus, u are sure to wake up with a smelly fingers
How long will this foolishness last?

Uwa agwulanu oooo!!!

3 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by three: 5:01pm On May 12, 2017
This, if one could go as far as saying, is one possible reason why the girls were not rescued sooner

(don't just read, THINK!)

2 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by Nbote(m): 5:14pm On May 12, 2017
because dey cannot afford to let d gals dem spill d beans on what actually went down and where dey are coming from.. Let d wash continue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by paramakina202: 5:30pm On May 12, 2017
The government is covering up their scam,they don't want the girls to reveal their secrets to tell the whole world who was behind their kidnapping.But for how long?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by NaijaMutant(f): 7:01am On May 13, 2017
FG kidnapping

2 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by VERDA: 7:14am On May 13, 2017
nkwuocha1:
Hmmm.
Any body that believes this last batch are same Chibok girls kidnapped over two years ago will also agree his/her grandmother is a virgin.

grin
Scam

Well.. .i can categorically tell you they are... My security's niece was among them.. .he was so so happy.

2 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by OKUCHI11(m): 7:17am On May 13, 2017
Oladimejyy:
God bless PMB.
God bless ME.
but God should split us(Nigeria) peaceful make everybody they bear him papa name
my thought also

2 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:21am On May 13, 2017
There is nothing like chibok girls

It is a scam

FG was keeping them
FG is still holding them until they learn all the cooked up stories to tell the world

FG can only fool the north and Yoruba Muslims
Not the rest of us

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:28am On May 13, 2017
VERDA:

Well.. .i can categorically tell you they are... My security's niece was among them.. .he was so so happy.
Can't you ask yourself a simple question

Have ur security seen his niece even since she was 'rescued' by the FG ?

Why?.... What's the delay for ?
From the pictures of them you saw... Were they on oxygen masks that they can't be seen by parents and journalists?
Why all the secrecy?

You have a brain... Use it
Ask simple questions

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by obonujoker(m): 8:02am On May 13, 2017
this is unfair.... Allow these children go home naa.... what are you hiding??
Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by VERDA: 9:04am On May 13, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:

Can't you ask yourself a simple question

Have ur security seen his niece even since she was 'rescued' by the FG ?

Why?.... What's the delay for ?
From the pictures of them you saw... Were they on oxygen masks that they can't be seen by parents and journalists?
Why all the secrecy?

You have a brain... Use it
Ask simple questions

Why you decided to resort to insults beats my imagination, you did not have to act like a child in ur response.. .anyways,my response was to ur assertion that the news was fake, I don't know why you are directing all those questions to me?, all I know is that my security was elated, if ur so pained u can take all those issues up with the government....if you were as smart as you think you are with ur supposedly oversized brain, you could have either asked simpler questions like...where do you leave?, I stay in Lagos.. .a call came in from his relatives that his niece was released, he heard it on radio and saw her on TV. As to whether he has seen her physically, thats the job of her parents who are based in maiduguri. As to why the secrecy, it's non of my business and I am honestly not interested in any of your political arguments, I am just happy for him as I should. Have a nice day.

14 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by nkwuocha1: 9:44am On May 13, 2017
VERDA:

Then I believe some were splitted and shared among northern oligarchy. The first batch of girls looked suffered, unlike this batch. This batch looked like they were never held in sambisa forest. None is with child or pregnant.

5 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by comos: 9:51am On May 13, 2017
moderator please take this article to front page

1 Like

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by VERDA: 10:53am On May 13, 2017
nkwuocha1:

Then I believe some were splitted and shared among northern oligarchy. The first batch of girls looked suffered, unlike this batch. This batch looked like they were never held in sambisa forest. None is without child or pregnant.

My brother in this our country anything is possible.

6 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by Mopolchi: 11:22am On May 13, 2017
I wonder why it is so?
Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by emeijeh(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2017
Chibok Women you mean?

2 Likes

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by simplemach(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by Mujaheeeden: 11:22am On May 13, 2017
grin

I only see a case of two kidnapping. Shekau released his victims then Buhari kidnaps them.
Nigerians are the ransome payers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by rozayx5(m): 11:24am On May 13, 2017
chibok

scam if life
Re: FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera by LordVoldemort(m): 11:25am On May 13, 2017
H

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu-onitsha Road Narrative Will Change In A Week’s Time- FG / Presidential Race: We’re Not Troubled By Osinbajo’s Ambition – Tinubu’s Camp / Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu, The System Won’t Bow To You! - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.