Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross (44617 Views)

Team Muslim Players Vs Team Christian Players: Who Will Win? / Rohr Bans Players From Eating Goat Meat & Pepper Soup / Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by asokid(m): 2:14pm On May 13, 2017
No love in this world. So should fifa also ban the bend down to ground after scoring which is islam like?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by banmee(m): 2:15pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

I am glad you say "historically". I wonder why we have to keep pointing this out to you guys. Those people who have done bad things as Christians do not represent Christianity. Its simple. You want to judge a faith, judge it by its teachings not by the actions of people who claim to be in that faith. Take up a Bible. If you can fault any of the teachings of Jesus or his followers, then you can't fault Christianity. Unfortunately, same can't be said of the Koran.

Guy, the teachings of the bible is based on ignorance. The bible tells you that a rainbow is a sign from God to remind him not to destroy the world again meanwhile we now know that is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. Because of it's teachings, Nigerians condemn anything that they do not understand. Left to people like you we would all still be living in caves.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by smartty68(m): 2:16pm On May 13, 2017
BetaThings:

[s]You are worse than him because

1. you ignored this

2. As a Muslim, I know that Demba Ba prostrates to Allah after scoring and I see know reason why Shayk Areefee will issue that request to FIFA
3. You guys oppose anything that has to do with Islam - No Hijab, No Islam Bank, A Muslims should not be GOC of 1st Div

Your own extremism is worse because it is totalitarian and virtually all of you (with few insignifiacnt voices of dissent) become moody when you see muslims wearing Hijab[/s]
You're not making any sense. Please try again
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by do4luv14(m): 2:25pm On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
Lol

The same people who hailed CAN and blasted buhari and every muslim in nigeria when CAN asked nigeria to pull out of islamic country sport will be here again bashing muslims for saying they should ban cross sign.

Hypocrisy and christianity.

Just disgusting.

I jst shakes ma head, cos you don't know wat you are saying,

CAN had every right to do so, cos naija is not an Islamic country, neither a Christian one,
but registering the country as an Islamic nation is a hot slap everybody, I register peat everybody,

all the sporting shows, programs and exquisite, are not restricted to one religion,

so you migt want to rethink your comment again tynks
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by richie9093(m): 2:26pm On May 13, 2017
banmee:

You need to re read your history on the spanish inquisiton. The spanish inquisition happened because they wanted to spread their understanding of christianity or are you trying to tell to me that britain was a muslim state when they tried to invade them? Plus, for everything we do we must reference history. I will digress a little by saying that this is the reason Nigerians are in bondage. They don't know their own history hence they keep making mistakes of the past. Now to get back on point. like you said, yes, christians have evolved. They evolved to a religion of con artists and hypocritical people who dwell on a belief based on ignorance

I said the Spanish Inquisition initially happened​ because of the Moslem invasion in Spain (look at the screenshot below). What you are saying now is as a resulting effect of the Inquisition and not why it happened in the first place.

On your second point, acknowledging history is one thing and trying to re-live it is another. In my previous post I never said we should abandon history. Trying to look back on the mistakes of history to justify the injustice being done in the present is not the right way to go. Acknowledge history but don't make the same mistake. Saying Christians did the same in the past and so moslems can be excused/allowed to do theirs​ now is the not the way to go.

On your third point, Christianity may have evolved to a religion of con artists and Hypocrites but at least these con artists aren't telling their followers to go out and kill people all in the name of one god that may or may not exist. I'll take the hypocritical ideologies of Christianity over the murderous Ideology of Islam any day and anytime.

Oh and for the record, I'm neither a Christian nor a Moslem. I'm just a man who wants us to live in peace and be tolerable of other people's choices

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by NaeChris: 2:26pm On May 13, 2017
The Islamic cleric is a gross fool.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by ilynem(m): 2:31pm On May 13, 2017
banmee:

Guy, the teachings of the bible is based on ignorance. The bible tells you that a rainbow is a sign from God to remind him not to destroy the world again meanwhile we now know that is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. Because of it's teachings, Nigerians condemn anything that they do not understand. Left to people like you we would all still be living in caves.

And there you go. You pick one portion of the Bible and beat on it. The rainbow might be as a result of what you just posted (I am not a science person) but how does that stop that from being a sign of God's promise? You put a ring on a Lady as a sign of your love, does that change how the ring came about? Let me put this straight. A rainbow is as a result of meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky blah blah blah. But it is still a sign of God's promise to Noah. You do understand what a sign is right?
And no. Left for people like me, we won't live in a cave. My Bible tells me to gain knowledge. Expects me to grow in wisdom. Christianity doesn't take you backward, it takes you forward.
Still waiting for you to give me a teaching of Jesus or his apostles that doesn't agree with your moral standing. If you can't find one, then please point your gun at other religions.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by banmee(m): 2:36pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

And there you go. You pick one portion of the Bible and beat on it. The rainbow might be as a result of what you just posted (I am not a science person) but how does that stop that from being a sign of God's promise? You put a ring on a Lady as a sign of your love, does that change how the ring came about? Let me put this straight. A rainbow is as a result of meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky blah blah blah. But it is still a sign of God's promise to Noah. You do understand what a sign is right?
And no. Left for people like me, we won't live in a cave. My Bible tells me to gain knowledge. Expects me to grow in wisdom. Christianity doesn't take you backward, it takes you forward.
Still waiting for you to give me a teaching of Jesus or his apostles that doesn't agree with your moral standing. If you can't find one, then please point your gun at other religions.

I don't have to be a christian to know that you should not commit murder, steal, covet someone else's wife, lie, etc. It is basic common sense. Religion has done more harm than good over the course of history and this is a fact. The hyporcricy in religion is astounding to say the least.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by banmee(m): 2:39pm On May 13, 2017
richie9093:

I said the Spanish Inquisition initially happened​ because of the Moslem invasion in Spain (look at the screenshot below). What you are saying now is as a resulting effect of the Inquisition and not why it happened in the first place.

On your second point, acknowledging history is one thing and trying to re-live it is another. In my previous post I never said we should abandon history. Trying to look back on the mistakes of history to justify the injustice being done in the present is not the right way to go. Acknowledge history but don't make the same mistake. Saying Christians did the same in the past and so moslems can be excused/allowed to do theirs​ now is the not the way to go.

On your third point, Christianity may have evolved to a religion of con artists and Hypocrites but at least these con artists aren't telling their followers to go out and kill people all in the name of one god that may or may not exist. I'll take the hypocritical ideologies of Christianity over the murderous Ideology of Islam any day and anytime.

Oh and for the record, I'm neither a Christian nor a Moslem. I'm just a man who wants us to live in peace and be tolerable of other people's choices

I can as well quote a fact too;

The Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition (Spanish: Tribunal del Santo Oficio de la Inquisición), commonly known as the Spanish Inquisition (Inquisición española), was established in 1478 by Catholic Monarchs Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile. It was intended to maintain Catholic orthodoxy in their kingdoms and to replace the Medieval Inquisition, which was under Papal control. It became the most substantive of the three different manifestations of the wider Christian Inquisition along with the Roman Inquisition and Portuguese Inquisition. The "Spanish Inquisition" may be defined broadly, operating "in Spain and in all Spanish colonies and territories, which included the Canary Islands, the Spanish Netherlands, the Kingdom of Naples, and all Spanish possessions in North, Central, and South America."

The Inquisition was originally intended primarily to ensure the orthodoxy of those who converted from Judaism and Islam. The regulation of the faith of the newly converted was intensified after the royal decrees issued in 1492 and 1502 ordering Jews and Muslims to convert or leave Spain.[1] The Inquisition was not definitively abolished until 1834, during the reign of Isabella II, after a period of declining influence in the preceding century.

It is well known in history why the spanish inquisition happened. In fact it was part of my thesis in college.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by richie9093(m): 2:46pm On May 13, 2017
banmee:

I can as well quote a fact too;

The Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition (Spanish: Tribunal del Santo Oficio de la Inquisición), commonly known as the Spanish Inquisition (Inquisición española), was established in 1478 by Catholic Monarchs Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile. It was intended to maintain Catholic orthodoxy in their kingdoms and to replace the Medieval Inquisition, which was under Papal control. It became the most substantive of the three different manifestations of the wider Christian Inquisition along with the Roman Inquisition and Portuguese Inquisition. The "Spanish Inquisition" may be defined broadly, operating "in Spain and in all Spanish colonies and territories, which included the Canary Islands, the Spanish Netherlands, the Kingdom of Naples, and all Spanish possessions in North, Central, and South America."

The Inquisition was originally intended primarily to ensure the orthodoxy of those who converted from Judaism and Islam. The regulation of the faith of the newly converted was intensified after the royal decrees issued in 1492 and 1502 ordering Jews and Muslims to convert or leave Spain.[1] The Inquisition was not definitively abolished until 1834, during the reign of Isabella II, after a period of declining influence in the preceding century.

It is well known in history why the spanish inquisition happened. In fact it was part of my thesis in college.

We both got our sources from Wikipedia. Agree to disagree then
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by banmee(m): 2:55pm On May 13, 2017
richie9093:

We both got our sources from Wikipedia. Agree to disagree then

not just wike. Like i said, i did a paper on it in college using text books.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by MrCEO69(m): 2:58pm On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
Lol

The same people who hailed CAN and blasted buhari and every muslim in nigeria when CAN asked nigeria to pull out of islamic country sport will be here again bashing muslims for saying they should ban cross sign.

Hypocrisy and christianity.

Just disgusting.
I think u r the hypocrite here, the sign of d cross is a personal thing, but including a country which claims to be a secular state in a game meant for ONLY ISLAMIC COUNTRIES is claiming that all pple in that country ara Muslim. Dear atheist why troblem ur self in religious stuff??

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by theDEVILisHERE: 3:00pm On May 13, 2017
People who follow religion need to be reincarnated into this world as Sand

Their human status is basically useless since they cannot reason with common sense
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by fortunechy(m): 3:11pm On May 13, 2017
useless religion
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by ikemesit4477: 3:11pm On May 13, 2017
exlinkleads:
Islamic Cleric Blasted For Urging FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making The Sign Of The Cross After Scoring

Is it that the world is afraid of Christianity or that Christianity is not real or have loosen touch as the world evolves? Which is it? or is it for the fact that Muslim community hates Christians with passion?

FIFA has been urged to ban Christian players from making the sign of the cross after scoring a goal. A Muslim cleric from Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Alarefe called on football’s governing body to write it into the game’s laws that players be prohibited from tapping their stomach, chest, left shoulder then right shoulder to make a cross.

Alarefe, who is professor of religion at King Saud University in Riyadh, posted the controversial call on Twitter to his 17.4million followers, but he was quickly flooded with messages disagreeing with him. A number of people pointed out to the Muslim scholar that a huge amount of players kneel on the ground and kiss the floor in celebration of a goal, mimicking the Islamic prayer.

Alarefe wrote:

‘I’ve seen video clips of athletes, soccer players running, shooting and when they win they make the symbol of the cross on their chests and my question is if FIFA’s rules forbid this.’

While people form all religious backgrounds, including Christianity and Islam responded to his views, many condemned the cleric, saying it incited division.

See tweets below...

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/islamic-cleric-urged-fifa-to-ban.html

Clueless set of people!
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by goaldynboy: 3:12pm On May 13, 2017
eyeview:
Exactly why Donald Trump is very intolerant of this people. At first they will beg to be accepted, when you do, they start fighting for you to make changes that is not inline with their religion, with time they start changing the laws to their religion
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 13, 2017
THIS CLERIC IS A MUGU
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Kaybaba5(m): 3:28pm On May 13, 2017
Karlman:
Islam should have ended with the stone age where it belonged.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by bravesoul247(m): 3:46pm On May 13, 2017
[/b]
Tolexander:
What about the jubilation of players like Demba Ba, kneeling down, opening yansh to heaven and nodding the ground. Why can't the cleric tell FIFA to ban that one also?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa,opening yansh to heaven[b]
. Funny man
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Bashirjaja01(m): 3:47pm On May 13, 2017
sunshineV:
I'm a Muslim but this is the problem I have with this religion

haha, what is ur koinsignment?

I'm doubt you are a Muslim, forget about what the cleric said is it compulsory to watch football talk less of to see what they doing?
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by sunshineV(f): 3:50pm On May 13, 2017
maamisco:
I support u bro, I'm a Muslim too but I don't support ds rubbish. The reason of football is to unite us together. This religion extremist sha

Some oponu just dey mention me dey talk trash
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by ilynem(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2017
banmee:

I don't have to be a christian to know that you should not commit murder, steal, covet someone else's wife, lie, etc. It is basic common sense. Religion has done more harm than good over the course of history and this is a fact. The hyporcricy in religion is astounding to say the least.
I keep pointing you to Christianity, you keep dragging me back to religion. Religion has caused more harm than good, I totally agree with you. But Christianity in its purest form is absolutely divine. Now you say its common sense for you not to lie, cheat, etc. May I ask you, who gave you this moral code? How was this common sense implanted in you?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by banmee(m): 4:25pm On May 13, 2017
ilynem:

I keep pointing you to Christianity, you keep dragging me back to religion. Religion has caused more harm than good, I totally agree with you. But Christianity in its purest form is absolutely divine. Now you say its common sense for you not to lie, cheat, etc. May I ask you, who gave you this moral code? How was this common sense implanted in you?

From good upbringing. The same upbringing i'm giving my kids. You see that? I am not a christian but i am teaching my kids not to be anti social and corrupt. They in turn will do the same when they grow up. You see how that works?
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by freshinko: 4:27pm On May 13, 2017
The sign of the cross is giving the sadist sleepless night. He simply needs deliverance.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by ilynem(m): 4:32pm On May 13, 2017
banmee:

From good upbringing. The same upbringing i'm giving my kids. You see that? I am not a christian but i am teaching my kids not to be anti social and corrupt. They in turn will do the same when they grow up. You see how that works?
Ah. So who exactly makes these laws? Why is lying a bad thing? Is it because your parents told you it is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by freshinko: 4:32pm On May 13, 2017
The sign of the cross is giving the sadist sleepless nights. He simply needs deliverance.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Kanurii: 4:44pm On May 13, 2017
These thread shouldnt have made the first page

The O.P. is too bias

Thus inciting negative comments

lalasticala u no try at all
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by delishpot: 4:45pm On May 13, 2017
[quote author=cr7lomo post=56482618][/quote]

grin grin Simple question naim you enter insults? How did you know women were created from spare part? From a man's rib? Did God tell you himself? If No, how then can you guarantee that who told you that story told you the exact truth? No cause for insults na grin grin. You are the one acting like a child. You too afraid to question what you have been brainwashed with since birth? That story is the Jewish take on creation. Every culture has one. Go ask how your own people explain theirs. No need to call names.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Culin(f): 4:54pm On May 13, 2017
I don't understand why people will think Donald Trump is crazy for wanting to drive those people away from his country. They should be on the ship to Mars in 2020
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by BLACKCHARGER(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2017
sunshineV:
I'm a Muslim but this is the problem I have with this religion

haha, what is ur koinsignment?

Come out na
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by adimsmt: 5:01pm On May 13, 2017
exlinkleads:
Islamic Cleric Blasted For Urging FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making The Sign Of The Cross After Scoring

Is it that the world is afraid of Christianity or that Christianity is not real or have loosen touch as the world evolves? Which is it? or is it for the fact that Muslim community hates Christians with passion?

FIFA has been urged to ban Christian players from making the sign of the cross after scoring a goal. A Muslim cleric from Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Alarefe called on football’s governing body to write it into the game’s laws that players be prohibited from tapping their stomach, chest, left shoulder then right shoulder to make a cross.

Alarefe, who is professor of religion at King Saud University in Riyadh, posted the controversial call on Twitter to his 17.4million followers, but he was quickly flooded with messages disagreeing with him. A number of people pointed out to the Muslim scholar that a huge amount of players kneel on the ground and kiss the floor in celebration of a goal, mimicking the Islamic prayer.

Alarefe wrote:

‘I’ve seen video clips of athletes, soccer players running, shooting and when they win they make the symbol of the cross on their chests and my question is if FIFA’s rules forbid this.’

While people form all religious backgrounds, including Christianity and Islam responded to his views, many condemned the cleric, saying it incited division.

See tweets below...

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/islamic-cleric-urged-fifa-to-ban.html

Reason to start attacking football game are underway.
Re: Islamic Cleric Urged FIFA To Ban Christian Players From Making Sign Of The Cross by Lancelott(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2017
BetaThings:

Contest the facts!!!!

South Sudan (a Christian country) is now the theatre of the most satanic and mindless war crimes - women raped legally because the rape is payment for the service of the fighters - read that again, in a Christian nation, you fight and you are paid by being allowed to rape

That appears okay by you
But you guys flock to Muslim countries (UAE, Malaysaia, Qatar etc) for vacation and trade and you turn around to
condemn Islam - if you are truthful, why are you avoiding Christian countries like Mexico, Colombia, South Sudan?

It is a waste of time for APC(PDP) to keep shouting PDP (APC) is evil or satanic without bringing evidence
Evidence is used to convict in courts, no just saying "I hate him, he is guilty, he is satanic"
I am assuming, of course, that you understand and can abide by the rules of civlised discourse

Imagine? No need to imagine, We can see what our religions have made of us
I can produce facts and confront your accusations while you are
Hollering without any facts!!!
I will contest your stupid and baseless facts. The countries listed are secular states and not christian countries see proof (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_state) dont come and argue what you know nothing about

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Jose Gimenez In Tears As Uruguay Crash Out Of 2018 World Cup (Photos) / Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) / Footballer Asisat Oshoala Shows Off Her 3 Packs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.