Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence (15371 Views)

You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC / FRSC Explains Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence / FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate (2) (3) (4)

See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by exlinkleads(f): 9:09pm On May 12, 2017
The Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC in Kaduna State says driver’s licence ought to be ready within 60 days of submission of application. The Sector Commander in the state, Mr Frances Udoma, however, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that factors like double application, misinformation and renewal while existing one had not expired may cause a delay.

Udoma made the clarification in Kaduna while reacting to complaints from members of the public on the difficulties and delays in obtaining drivers licence. He said:

“Once a driver’s information is captured, it is uploaded in FRSC data base at the headquarters in Abuja where a computer will process them. “Now what happens is, if the computer detects multiple applications by an individual, it will automatically turn the application down.

“Another problem is misinformation. When for example you have facial mark and did not indicate while filling the form, if the computer detects it, it will turn your application down. “Also, if your licence has not expired and you are captured again, either because you lost it or otherwise, the computer would detect it as double application and would turn it down.

“When any of these happens, the computer would not give feedback, because your data is not in the data base. “The only feedback you get is when your licence is ready, the computer would notify you via text message to go and pick up your licence,” he said.

The sector commander advised all drivers that applied for licence and were captured for more than two months, but did not receive text messages, to visit any nearest licence centre for collection. He said there were more than 3,671 unclaimed driver’s licence in Kaduna centre alone.

“This could be either because the owner’s number is not reachable or some changed their phone numbers while others could be dead,” he added.

On fake driver’s licence, Udoma said drivers could check the status of their licence through text message by sending NDL space STATUS space licence number to 33811. Some of the drivers had told NAN that they passed through a lot of difficulties in getting a driver’s licence. One of them, Sa’adatu Musa , said it took her more than four months, from registering with a driving school to obtaining driving certificate and other processes, before she was captured.

Musa, however, said that she had yet to receive her driver’s licence, adding that the temporary one issued to her in November 2016 had since expired. Another driver, Mr Luka William, said after going through the processes of obtaining the driving certificate, he had yet to get clearance from KASTELEA.

“Without clearance from KASTELEA, I will not be captured for the licence,” William said.

Editor's Note:

I don't think I believe any of this excuses cuz I applied for a license and got it more than a year to the date I applied. And guess what, the license will even expire in less than 2 years to the day I collected it. This is indeed pathetic.

So after 2 years, I will start a process if renewal again. And FYI, renewal is even worst that picking up a new one cuz I met one guy when I went to collect my own license at Sura - Obalende, Lagos and he told me he is doing renewal and is more than a year and half and he hasn't collected it. I weep for my dear country.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/see-frsc-explanation-on-delay-in.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by Ezezima2012(m): 7:04am On May 13, 2017
Seen ........... FTC
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by peacettw: 7:05am On May 13, 2017
You know after learning a few days back that Nigeria is not a developing country (like I previously assumed) but UNDERDEVELOPED, I have come to accept better the ridiculous stories that emanate from this country....Just like the post above.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by TenPassfour(m): 7:06am On May 13, 2017
Great happy weekend fella
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by supereagle(m): 7:06am On May 13, 2017
Iranu

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by TenPassfour(m): 7:07am On May 13, 2017
This is closest in decade,I want to be the first to comment
Please how do I go about this.
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by Yourvillagepipo(m): 7:07am On May 13, 2017
Mumu pipo. What is the computer.. Ode it's an application or software

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by richdaddy75: 7:08am On May 13, 2017
True talk
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by Emulti(m): 7:08am On May 13, 2017
exlinkleads:
The Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC in Kaduna State says driver’s licence ought to be ready within 60 days of submission of application. The Sector Commander in the state, Mr Frances Udoma, however, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that factors like double application, misinformation and renewal while existing one had not expired may cause a delay.

Udoma made the clarification in Kaduna while reacting to complaints from members of the public on the difficulties and delays in obtaining drivers licence. He said:

“Once a driver’s information is captured, it is uploaded in FRSC data base at the headquarters in Abuja where a computer will process them. “Now what happens is, if the computer detects multiple applications by an individual, it will automatically turn the application down.

“Another problem is misinformation. When for example you have facial mark and did not indicate while filling the form, if the computer detects it, it will turn your application down. “Also, if your licence has not expired and you are captured again, either because you lost it or otherwise, the computer would detect it as double application and would turn it down.

“When any of these happens, the computer would not give feedback, because your data is not in the data base. “The only feedback you get is when your licence is ready, the computer would notify you via text message to go and pick up your licence,” he said.

The sector commander advised all drivers that applied for licence and were captured for more than two months, but did not receive text messages, to visit any nearest licence centre for collection. He said there were more than 3,671 unclaimed driver’s licence in Kaduna centre alone.

“This could be either because the owner’s number is not reachable or some changed their phone numbers while others could be dead,” he added.

On fake driver’s licence, Udoma said drivers could check the status of their licence through text message by sending NDL space STATUS space licence number to 33811. Some of the drivers had told NAN that they passed through a lot of difficulties in getting a driver’s licence. One of them, Sa’adatu Musa , said it took her more than four months, from registering with a driving school to obtaining driving certificate and other processes, before she was captured.

Musa, however, said that she had yet to receive her driver’s licence, adding that the temporary one issued to her in November 2016 had since expired. Another driver, Mr Luka William, said after going through the processes of obtaining the driving certificate, he had yet to get clearance from KASTELEA.

“Without clearance from KASTELEA, I will not be captured for the licence,” William said.

Editor's Note:

I don't think I believe any of this excuses cuz I applied for a license and got it more than a year to the date I applied. And guess what, the license will even expire in less than 2 years to the day I collected it. This is indeed pathetic.

So after 2 years, I will start a process if renewal again. And FYI, renewal is even worst that picking up a new one cuz I met one guy when I went to collect my own license at Sura - Obalende, Lagos and he told me he is doing renewal and is more than a year and half and he hasn't collected it. I weep for my dear country.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/see-frsc-explanation-on-delay-in.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3

Una sabi lie. Lie Mohammed
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by seniorgozman(m): 7:08am On May 13, 2017
Mine renewal doesnt waste time
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by Agadsman(m): 7:10am On May 13, 2017
Dats naija for you, nothing comes easy in this country. Patience is the watch word of every typical nigerian. Naija I hail thee!

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by Turks: 7:10am On May 13, 2017
Applied for a driver's license since December last year. They said the network has been having issues. Till date, same story.
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by ndcide(m): 7:14am On May 13, 2017
And you still ask why people go to backyard to get the driver's license.
Data base indeed. Run your license naija way and move on.
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 7:15am On May 13, 2017
And they almost never have network.

Hijos de puta!

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by mikedimeji(m): 7:15am On May 13, 2017
I want to disagree with this, but if happens to be true then whoever develop the software they are using should be flogged. Why should we have multiple application when the software can easily flag an error (saying data already exist) at the point of registration. More so that the data capturing exercise take place at the Road safety office. Na waaa

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by blessme2019(m): 7:17am On May 13, 2017
Who designed the system not to give feedback when an error occurs? Basics of DBMS is redundancy check, a simple line of code could solve this mess

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by mikedimeji(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2017
richdaddy75:
True talk
True what! If I hear that again

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by dazzlingd(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2017
driver license should not take more than 2 weeks.

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by opeolu202: 7:21am On May 13, 2017
Nigeria is messed up

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by seunoni34(m): 7:25am On May 13, 2017
I can build a better software for them
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by mikedimeji(m): 7:25am On May 13, 2017
I personally feel the system is very poor. If issuance of international Passport which has more applicant than drivers license can be almost instant or max a week depending on the number of applicant in the center it's been processed, I don't see any reason why license should take as long as 8 months to be issued. They have to decentralized the production and issuance centers make their system more effective and timely

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by Firefire(m): 7:29am On May 13, 2017
Useless liars
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by codedguy1(m): 7:29am On May 13, 2017
Nigeria is a disgrace!

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by coalcoal1(m): 7:32am On May 13, 2017
they're not serious
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by ImaIma1(f): 7:35am On May 13, 2017
Someone that paid since December has not been able to capture. The payment just dropped yesterday. And they still made a mistake onnthe name just like they mistakenly put "male" for my sister. They keep making mistakes even if you write it in bold capital letters and even space it well.

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by coldsummer: 7:41am On May 13, 2017
Silly explanation. Everything in Nigeria is always hard and nobody seems to consider the average Nigerian in all of these.

If your computers are having glitches shouldn't your focus be on correcting the glitches. You expect someone not to drive for over two months because he applied and paid for drivers permit that you couldn't provide for him.

Nigerians please let us all come together and vote a young mind and a young man to lead this country. Things have to change. The way we think should change. The way our elders do things should change.

Nigeria is waaaaaaaay behind almost all the African countries. Yet we have more monies than them. Look are Kenya. Tanzania Uganda South Africa even GHANA. The only thing Nigerians have na mouth and swag.
But is no longer enough.

Look at us we don't even have a national airline.

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by SuperS1Panther: 7:41am On May 13, 2017
I renewed my license in November of last year and it is still not ready for collection.

That is renewal for goodness sake!!!!!

Why must they always recapture biometrics for renewal again, when it has been done initially? Imagine Bank requesting the capturing of our biometrics every 3years.

To avoid the stup1d recapturing of biometrics every 3years, I opted for the 5years license jejely.

FRSC is inefficient and running the service with a typical civil service mentality.

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by kings09(m): 7:50am On May 13, 2017
Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by Swiftlee(m): 7:59am On May 13, 2017
What I know is, I will not stop for those guys whether or not my license is up to date. They will and must always want to book you. Expired spare tire, fairly tinted glass, expired fire extinguisher..let them not stand on my way!

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by bravo269(m): 8:00am On May 13, 2017
Happy birthday to me. Like to celebrate with me.

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by Excuzeme: 8:13am On May 13, 2017
mikedimeji:
I want to disagree with this, but if happens to be true then whoever develop the software they are using should be flogged. Why should we have multiple application when the software can easily flag an error (saying data already exist) at the point of registration. More so that the data capturing exercise take place at the Road safety office. Na waaa

Dont mind the idiotic FRSC Official, he thinks we are numbskulls like himself!

Let the incompetent fool keep spinning lies and think he is fooling anyone here.

If you have facial marks, how come the officer who captured your data did not notice....even so much that the "computer" could notice from your picture?

if your license has not expired bu tis almost expiring, what is wrong in putting-in an application titled "renewal" and dated for the date the current one will expire?
Does it not make sense to these fools at FRSC that as an identification document, the Drivers License needs to ALWAYS be in-date?
Whey dont they just issue a new one and gold on to it, till the current one expires and then ask you to come and pick it up on that day the old one expires?
Imagine, you have to wait for the current one to expire before you apply for a renewal, which will take another one year ....meaning you will without an "original, valid" driver license for those period!

I would have said the Computer this man was heaping the blame upon, is silly but l realized that the Computer is programmed and run by imbeciles like this Frances udoma and his Director General in Abuja.
Bunch of incompetents.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See FRSC Explanation On Delay In Issuance Of Driver’s Licence by enemyofprogress: 8:15am On May 13, 2017
Trash

Innoson Vm Launches A New and more affordable Bus Called "innoson Hummer" / Upgrading From 195/65R15 To 205/65R15 Tyres On My 2004 Corolla S / At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving?