Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant (6589 Views)

MIRROR SILICONE SEALANT: Bonding Mirrors In All Sizes Without Harming The Mirror / Where To Buy Stamped Concrete Sealant In Nigeria / Best Sealant For Stamped Concrete (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 9:38pm On May 12, 2017
I supplied floor paint and sealant for my esteemed client and I want to share the picture of the finished look here.

1 Like

Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 9:44pm On May 12, 2017
floor paint was used here together with sealant instead of the conventional concrete stain and sealant.
The floor paint itself is weather resistant and can withstand traffic,.
The sealant is another layer of protection and also serves for aesthetics purpose.
The sealant has low maintenance is easy re paint.

Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 6:56am On May 13, 2017
The water based sealant doesn't change colour over time, resists sunlight and u.v better and has lower maintenance costs. It's also fast drying with no emission of greenhouse gasses or toxic fumes from solvents.

1 Like

Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by DUNKA(m): 9:32am On May 13, 2017
gbadexy:
The water based sealant doesn't change colour over time, resists sunlight and u.v better and has lower maintenance costs. It's also fast drying with no emission of greenhouse gasses or toxic fumes from solvents.
can this be used on interlocking blocks?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 1:38pm On May 13, 2017
DUNKA:
can this be used on interlocking blocks?
Yes it can.

Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by DUNKA(m): 1:46pm On May 13, 2017
gbadexy:

Yes it can.
does it require any special preparation and application or can any painter do this from materials sourced from you
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 6:07pm On May 13, 2017
DUNKA:
does it require any special preparation and application or can any painter do this from materials sourced from you
nothing special.
The floor is washed with detergent to remove oil stain and dirt. It's washed with water, allow to dry properly and paint.
normal paint roller is used.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by mufutau55(m): 7:32pm On May 13, 2017
How long can it last until another coat is re-applied?

Hajji M.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 7:50pm On May 13, 2017
mufutau55:
How long can it last until another coat is re-applied?

Hajji M.
since the sealant is protecting the floor paint, it's the sealant that would be given periodic maintenance coat every one or two years.
If you used say 2 drums of sealant to seal the floor paint, you would need like just one drum as maintenance coat after a year.
The floor paint has spread of 18 sqm per drum for full coats.
The sealant has spread of 50 sqm per drum for 3 full coats.
If you don't want to re coat the sealant after it wears off, the underlying floor paint can still last 2 to 5 years depending on the level of traffic exposure.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by mufutau55(m): 8:13pm On May 13, 2017
gbadexy:

since the sealant is protecting the floor paint, it's the sealant that would be given periodic maintenance coat every one or two years.
If you used say 2 drums of sealant to seal the floor paint, you would need like just one drum as maintenance coat after a year.
The floor paint has spread of 18 sqm per drum for full coats.
The sealant has spread of 50 sqm per drum for 3 full coats.
If you don't want to re coat the sealant after it wears off, the underlying floor paint can still last 2 to 5 years depending on the level of traffic exposure.

Very well and detailed explanations. That period is not bad. Thank you very much sir. Look for my purchase soon.
Cc: @bplenty

Hajji M.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by DUNKA(m): 8:27pm On May 13, 2017
gbadexy:

nothing special.
The floor is washed with detergent to remove oil stain and dirt. It's washed with water, allow to dry properly and paint.
normal paint roller is used.
how much for the paint and sealant?
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 8:40pm On May 13, 2017
mufutau55:

Very well and detailed explanations. That period is not bad. Thank you very much sir. Look for my purchase soon.

Hajji M.
Thank you sir.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 8:42pm On May 13, 2017
DUNKA:
how much for the paint and sealant?
The floor paint is NN23000 per drum and the sealant is N28000 per drum.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by mufutau55(m): 9:03pm On May 13, 2017
gbadexy:

The floor paint is NN23000 per drum and the sealant is N28000 per drum.

I know the paints comes in different colors but does the sealant also comes in color or in just clear color?
And I also hope the combination is not slippery?

Hajji M.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 9:52pm On May 13, 2017
mufutau55:

I know the paints comes in different colors but does the sealant also comes in color or in just clear color?
And I also hope the combination is not slippery?

Hajji M.
The sealant is a clear transparent coat.
It's not slippery on its own but it could be slippery when wet. but the floor surface is not smooth.
The surface is patterned to be slightly rough for good grip.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by mufutau55(m): 10:03pm On May 13, 2017
gbadexy:

The sealant is a clear transparent coat.
It's not slippery on its own but it could be slippery when wet. but the floor surface is not smooth.
The surface is patterned to be slightly rough for good grip.

Thank you for the details. It's better to just make the stamped concrete top very rough on the surface to avoid being over-slippery.

Hajji M.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 10:15pm On May 13, 2017
mufutau55:

Thank you for the details. It's better to just make the stamped concrete top very rough on the surface to avoid being over-slippery.

Hajji M.
not very rough sir. It can be patterned like the surface of the interlocking in the picture with the first lady in it.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by mufutau55(m): 10:16pm On May 13, 2017
gbadexy:

not very rough sir. It can be patterned like the surface of the interlocking in the picture with the first lady in it.

Ok. Very good. Noted for use.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2017
gracias sir.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by Dondollars4u(m): 4:45am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Dondollars4u:
I need 1 gallon each on my litle Porch
Ok sir. that would be N5000 and N6000 respectively.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by BWFC: 7:40am On Jul 28, 2017
Kindly contact me: woleakinola99@gmail.com for payment details. A gallon of each product, please.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2017
BWFC:
Kindly contact me: woleakinola99@gmail.com for payment details. A gallon of each product, please.
message sent. you can reach me on whatsapp on 07082715846 for quick response.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by Dondollars4u(m): 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
gbadexy:
Ok sir. that would be N5000 and N6000 respectively.
So how is the transaction done?
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
Dondollars4u:

So how is the transaction done?
You basically make some payment. I already gave out number you can reach me for call or whatsapp message.
I couldn't possibly put my account details here.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by MATBILL10(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
@gbadexy is the floor paint same as epoxy flooring
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
MATBILL10:
@gbadexy is the floor paint same as epoxy flooring
No sir. epoxy is for interior use. Very tough and durable for inside use but yellows and get brittle, eventually failing for exterior use under UV degradation.
The floor paint here is sealed with a modified acrylic resin.
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 10:04am On Sep 24, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Update on the floor paint.
The floor paint has been modified with plasticizer that helps to extend the spread to 50 sqm per drum for 2 full coats and 70 sqm for 3 full coats of the sealant with.
A recent supply to a floor landscaping contractor on nairaland gave me the accurate measurement.
cc DUNKA
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by DUNKA(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2017
gbadexy:

The floor paint has been modified with plasticizer that helps to extend the spread to 50 sqm per drum for 2 full coats and 70 sqm for 3 full coats of the sealant with.
A recent supply to a floor landscaping contractor on nairaland gave me the accurate measurement.
cc DUNKA
nice one. Will revert

1 Like

Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by mufutau55(m): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
gbadexy:

cc DUNKA

Very nice and accurate coverage now. Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
mufutau55:

Very nice and accurate coverage now. Thanks.

Hajji M.
You're welcome sir
Re: Floor Paint And Water Based Sealant by gbadexy(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
DUNKA:
nice one. Will revert
Alright sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Steel And Wood Doors Available In Large Quantities And Picture Available Too / PHPAC Estate Ibeju Lekki @450k, buy 3 get 1 free / P. O. P Ceiling, Wall/deck Screeding Ark,windows &pillars Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.