Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos (36108 Views)

Incredible Liverpool Reach Champion League Final / Who Will Win Champion League Title? / English Premier League WK 12 Review And Betting Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Papzey(f): 8:02am On May 13, 2017
Chelsea Football club of London, England have won the 2016/2017 English Premier League with two games to spare. All thanks to Coach Antonio Conte's masterclass.

After a dismal performance last footballing season that got Jose Mourinho a sack, Conte came in and did the impossible. Chelsea had ended 10th last season, and now they are Champions.

There was a lot of new cool stories, as Chelsea added former blues, David Luiz, Ngolo Kante, Marcos Alonso, and Michy Batshuayi. Victor Moses rejoined the Chelsea squad after three seasons on loan, and Nathan Ake was recalled from Bournemouth load midway through the season.

Victor Moses became a sweet revelation as Conte switched into a 3-4-3 formation after been beaten by Liverpool and Arsenal. Since those matches, Chelsea only lost twice to Tottenham and Crystal Palace, having won thirteen matches consecutively, a record breaking feat.

Ngolo Kante was also very instrumental, and he proved to be a great addition to the squad alongside Luiz and Alonso. The French man has already been awarded with the PFA and FWA Best Player of the year. He scored an incredible goal against Manchester united earlier in the season. He was Champions with Leicester last season, and now with Chelsea again - the first player to do so.

Alonso and Moses have had wonderful seasons too. They both played the left and right wingbacks, and scored goals going forward as well. The Conte system got them very illustrious. The Nigerian man, Moses, already thanked Conte for believing in him. He is now a strong contender for the CAF and BBC African Player of the year award for 2017.

Oscar and Mikel Obi were sold mid-season to Chinese clubs, but both will get their EPL winners' medal having started the season with Chelsea. Batchuayi aka Batman was the premier league Champions goalscorer against Westbrom last night. He can console himself with that having been on the bench for most of the season.

Diego Costa has been fantastic too, even though he lost form for a bit after the Chinese clubs offers that reportedly came for him in January. He has 20 EPL goals to his name. Fabregas who has only started 12 matches for Conte's side has been phenomenal too. He is regarded as Santa with his goal assists record. He had 11 assists already this season more than any other EPL players.

Eden Hazard was key this season as usual. Though, Willian had to come from the bench for most of the season, he still had many defining moments. Gary Cahill and Matic was instrumental too, defending deep when they had to, and also getting on the score sheet. Azpilicueta who should have made the PFA EPL Best 11 was the most hardworking Chelsea player this season. Keeper Courtois also delivered when he was called. Pedro won the goal of the week with his game changing goal against Everton. He has flashes of these beautiful goals all season, as he scored a sweet screamer against Tottenham too. John Terry who leaves at the end of this season was widely celebrated by the Chelsea fans too.

Chelsea have one more trophy to fight for, and that is the English FA cup, and it would be against Arsenal at Wembley in few weeks time. Congratulations to ChelseaFC, the 16/17 English Premier Champions! That is their 6th EPL Title!

http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/05/epl-champions-1617-chelsea-claims-title.html

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Papzey(f): 8:06am On May 13, 2017
More photos from the night. Up Blues - for life!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Chiemerie8(m): 8:15am On May 13, 2017
Hmmm....

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Chikelue2000(m): 8:18am On May 13, 2017
If u r not a Chelsea fan, my brother u r on a long thing. up blues, the true pride of england

175 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by potent5(m): 8:27am On May 13, 2017
Let the pictures keep rolling in.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by nerodenero: 8:44am On May 13, 2017
Many don't get blessed like this. Kante did a double. He is a double champion with Leicester and Chelsea.

I never believed Moses would come close to winning anything at the Bridge but he conquered. I'm truly hapy for him.

JT is the most favoured as he ends his Chelsea career with a trophy. Many players would envy his achievement.

Conte did a good job, being successful after the supposed Chosen one failed successfully. Conte should enjoy the moment, the greater task lies ahead as next season would be a lot tougher. Teams would have been familiarised with their pattern or tactics, the need for him to think ahead of all.

I wish my darling Barcelona the best, Madrid must slip. We need Laliga like kilodegrin

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by veekid(m): 11:32am On May 13, 2017
Um happy for Moses

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by brunofarad(m): 11:32am On May 13, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS TO CHELSEA

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by ShankiBets: 11:32am On May 13, 2017
Chelsea is the greatest England Club of the past 5 years

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by DollarAngel(m): 11:33am On May 13, 2017
Congratulations Chelsea, I wish Liverpool could emulate their recent trophies success

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by recievesense: 11:33am On May 13, 2017
blue4lyf
Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by kpaofame: 11:33am On May 13, 2017
Great Feat!!!

Congratulations to all Blues Fans smiley smiley

KTBFFH

Nice one by Conte and the boys they played with their heart this Season...

FA Cup next on my mind

12 Likes

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Nobody: 11:34am On May 13, 2017
Sound it loud

Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together, and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
'Cause Chelsea, Chelsea is our name
Here at the Bridge whether rain or fine
We can shine all the time
Home or away, come and see us play
You're welcome any day

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Fisayo1212: 11:34am On May 13, 2017
It's gud 2 be a champion
Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by tobtap: 11:34am On May 13, 2017
cool cool cool ... good to be a CHAMPION cool cool
Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by rozayx5(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2017
cool

not a chelsea fan

but they deserve it. very consistent and focused

happy for.Moses too

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by HopeAtHand: 11:35am On May 13, 2017
I almost lost my voice with screaming last night. The celebration was ecstatic. From the huge disappointment of last season where i ultimately stopped watching Chelsea matches to watching them win the title-decisive match, the feeling was awesome. I kept screaming, i didnt even touch the drinks i bought. Congratulations to the players, coaches and all Chelsea fans. You made us proud.

#KTBFFH
#TrueBlue
#Chelsea4Ever.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Chrisrare: 11:35am On May 13, 2017
Nice one chelsea. Man u can only dream of winning the epl, especially now they can't get above sixth.

6 Likes

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Francishez(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2017
The problem wit all dis chelsea fans is that u guys are being too emotional...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by INTERMAN: 11:35am On May 13, 2017
Can mikel who did not finish the season win a medal with them?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by emeijeh(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2017
Ekwe & Terry G

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by oviejnr(m): 11:36am On May 13, 2017
Congrat to all Chelsea fans grin grin

But pls can Conte come and carry Fellani and give us Kante Abeg sad

Edakun Epp us. grin grin

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by dgr8truth(m): 11:36am On May 13, 2017
Who say Chelsea nor be agbero club!

Chelsea ti take over.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by prodiga: 11:37am On May 13, 2017
Chelsea a reason to smile

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Edenoscar(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2017
Princeimmy:
Noise makers club. Congrats

nah so
its not by spending 100 million on shitty players ask mourinho he will tell you

others keep waiting for next season while I keep celebrating

cc Sirwere how you doing

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Princeimmy: 11:37am On May 13, 2017
Noise makers club. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Smartphil(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2017
For ur mind u don carry Laliga Madrid all the way jareh
Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by fhelihx(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2017
well deserved Chelsea...#united fan
GGMU!!

17 Likes

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by DavSagacity(m): 11:38am On May 13, 2017
Congrats to the Paraga and shepe team worldwide. They deserve it...
Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by Arsenalholic1: 11:38am On May 13, 2017
Congrats to our own: Victor Moses.

The rest of the squad can go and look bush tongue

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Is EPL 16/17 Champion: Review And Photos by peter0071(m): 11:38am On May 13, 2017
Grestest English Club
ShankiBets:
Chelsea is the greatest England Club of the past 5 years

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 / Atletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona: Copa Del Rey (1 - 3) On 30th May 2015 / Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.