Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

6 Things men want in a relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things men want in a relationship (47952 Views)

We Are Getting Old,why Don't You Men Want To Marry Us-female Soldiers Cry Out / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... / 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 11:00am On May 13, 2017
I decided to post this after seeing So much threads from ladies about been heartbroken, fear of losing their man to someone else and so on.

Okay Girls lets put an end to the needless fighting due to miscommunication, the unnecessary sex-less nights, verbal shut-downs and the rest. Follow this thread as we pour out our mind on some things we want from you in a relationship. So read through and do as we say, and I promise you’ll never see your relationship through the same lens again. cheesy

I have very short list here, so I leave the rest for the guys:

1. Respect

Men feel respect as love. So show us some, don't argue, don't insult in return even when he does out of anger. cheesy

Moreso, respect our choice and career. If he feels like you disapprove of him or the things that he believes to be integral to who he is as a person, he will have a hard time trusting and loving you. If a girl didn't respect my path or mission in life, then i will find it very difficult to feel anything other than an anxious need to distance myself from her.

2. Praise And Approval

Men have infamously tender egos. We need frequent reassurance about ourselves, our career paths, our sexual prowess, and our attractiveness (among other things).

Let your praise loose. Tell your man exactly what you find attractive about him. Let him know what physical features of his are your favourites. Tell him how attractive you find it when he says something a certain way, when he accomplishes something, or when he takes you on a date. Your praise won’t make him cocky; it will help him feel loved.

3. Sex

Men and women both connect through sex and communication, but generally, women connect better through communication and men connect better
through sex I guess. wink

So give us sex and don't think he is only all about sex and taking you to be a slut, No. If he reaches across the bed for you, even showing the willingness to embrace him, to kiss him deeply, and to engage him could be
enough to make him feel loved

And this does not mean that men need to have sex with their intimate partners every day in order to feel
connected..undecided

4. Positive Affirmation

All guys want to hear that they are really sexy and good in bed. Just like women, men need to hear that their women are happy with how they look and what they do. It makes them feel appreciated, and it's also a turn on for them. This also plays into being more vocal in bed, which is closer to the top of his list - don't be afraid to scream about how amazing he is. grin

5. Space

Suffocating a man (either by failing to allow him free time or with overly jealous behaviour) is the fastest way to end a relationship. Men need breathing room in a relationship. We need time for our hobbies, time with our friends, and so on. Let us have our spaces, you don't need to call every minutes to check in, don't be too possessive.

6. Emotional Maturity

A woman who has the maturity to not blame or criticize a man for what she’s feeling, but to share her feelings in an honest and authentic way that helps a man better understand her will be attractive to a man. How a woman handles her emotions is one of the most important things men look for in a relationship, whether or not to get serious with her.

If she lets her emotions get out of control, this is a big red flag to him.
On the other hand, if she can present her feelings to him in a calm, non-dramatic manner, she will win his respect and make him feel like she’s the kind of woman who will be a real partner to him. He’ll see that she can handle things with a cool head rather than becoming a damsel in distress he has to rescue.

Do you agree with the points stated?

cool cool cool drop ya comments

194 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by missbehave247(m): 11:05am On May 13, 2017
I pray they listen

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by professorfal: 11:11am On May 13, 2017
ofcourse i agree but sex should top the list, after sex she can start exhibiting other things.

its only after sex i would know if i love you or not.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 11:20am On May 13, 2017
wink

The SPACE tho...

This one is very tricky..the last time i gave him space he was asking for ...he was very upset angry

He said i didnt bothered to call or txt him for 2wks..the hell kinda space a man really want?

And then this PRAISE & APPROVAL undecided

The last time i praised the guy, he indirectly saying i am lying coz he knows he's ugly & have a big nose embarassed ...i swear i never even saw that one... undecided

Sometimes, i asked myself...WHY A LOT OF MEN ARE CONFUSED? wat yall exactly want us (ladies) to do to please u eehn? shocked sad

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Jaynom(m): 11:21am On May 13, 2017
1.Space - very important, we love you but don't choke us let's breathe a little. I can't call, see, chat with you everyday. Let me miss you a little
2.BlòwJòb - VERY IMPORTANT grin
3. Don't talk our ears off. Sometimes we need you to Just keep quiet.
4. Know how to cook
5. Be Emotionally intelligent.

174 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 11:24am On May 13, 2017
professorfal:
ofcourse i agree but sex should top the list, after sex she can start exhibiting other things.

its only after sex i would know if i love you or not.
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by torres89: 11:32am On May 13, 2017
please don't use the phrase give SEX
u make it sound like there are doing charity for us

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

This one is very tricky..the last time i gave him space he was asking for ...he was very upset angry

He said i didnt bothered to call or txt him for 2wks..the hell kinda space a man really want?

And then this PRAISE & APPROVAL undecided

The last time i praised the guy, he indirectly saying i am lying coz he knows he's ugly & have a big nose embarassed ...i swear i never even saw that one... undecided

Sometimes, i asked myself...WHY A LOT OF MEN ARE CONFUSED? wat yall exactly want us (ladies) to do to please u eehn? shocked sad
grin grin

Not like you shouldn't call at all... Hear yasef, 2 damn weeks?? ...that ain't the kinda space expected. Just don't be too possessive.

Their is a way you praise someone and won't sound like yhu making fun of em... Maybe you didn't do it properly.

And then giving praises shouldn't be about the physical appearance alone

25 Likes

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2017
torres89:
please don't use the phrase give SEX

u make it sound like there are doing charity for us

not 'give' literally....

More like Willingness '

4 Likes

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 14, 2017
@op you re absolutely right. I can do anything for my man to make him happy and luv me more everyday. Thats what keeps relationship growing stronger.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
Interesting

But even with all those points .. some still wont be satisfied

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by yungest(m): 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
tell dem oh
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by niceguy7(m): 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
Sex should be the last thing ever wanted in a relationship.... sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by 9jayes: 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
sex, sex and more sex

DON'T LET THIS OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY
check my sig
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by WhiZTiM(m): 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
Actually, not every man... There are men, and there are boys... Boys are threatened by a woman with bright future. Men are not, they we want someone with a vision, and is an achiever, but a good wife...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by oshe11: 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
And Money

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by ItalianWine(f): 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
Okay, looks like it is still the same old thing they always want.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dfinex(f): 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
Is that all

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Ephramed(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
NYSC GIVES EVERYBODY HIS/HER WISH. SO MY 2KOBO ; BECAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR BEFORE NYSC.COS ITS ALWAYs comes true.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by nonut: 10:30pm On May 14, 2017
I only need number 3 and 5.
Gimme the bootay and let me be when I wanna hangout with my hommies.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Ezionye(f): 10:30pm On May 14, 2017
Mtchew

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Hades2016(m): 10:30pm On May 14, 2017
3 and 5 is good grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Hiccups: 10:30pm On May 14, 2017
When a Lady truly love a guy 1-4 can't be a problem. However, 5-6 becomes a major issue to be addressed.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by openmine(m): 10:30pm On May 14, 2017
smiley smiley
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by josephine123: 10:30pm On May 14, 2017
nice one
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by EWAagoyin(m): 10:31pm On May 14, 2017
having male bestie
the male bestie u are allowed to have while in a relationship is ur brother and the holy spirit

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Bares Her Mind On Ladies Who Look Richer Than Their Background (video) / Little Boy Holds "Don't Worry Ladies I'm Still Single" Notice On Wedding Day / Court Order Lady To Pay Man N150k For Not Coming After Taking N3k For Transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.