Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,329 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media (17191 Views)

Types Of Websites | Softplace.com.ng / The 6 Types Of Website Traffic (and How To Get Them) / 7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by maclatunji: 11:41am On May 13, 2017
A troll is someone who posts inflammatory or off-topic messages on social media. These trolls take advantage of the social media freedom they have to do whatever they like which is usually in bad taste. They are attention seekers and if you are not careful, they will get under your skin. In order to help you identify these trolls, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares some of the types of trolls you may encounter online. The best way to deal with them is to ignore them.

The grammar police troll

They are simply looking for mistakes to correct. They do not care if you knowingly or unknowingly made the mistake. They just want to call you out on your poor grammar. The best response? Correct the mistake and say thank you!

The headline readers troll

Sometimes the headline of a news story is different from the content of the story. For these trolls, they only read headlines without delving into the meat of the story. Hence, they react based on a headline without knowing the full story.

The meme masters troll

They use the correct meme to express sarcasm. You cannot help but laugh even though the meme is directed at you.

The ITK troll

The I Too Know Trolls are very knowledgeable. Instead of using it to educate, he uses it to intimidate others. He never shies away from showing off his knowledge whenever he can.

The clap back troll

This is called trolling the troll. If you troll them, they have the perfect reply that will turn the table around. You will end up being embarrassed.

The chief abuser troll

If you check their comments, tweets, and posts, it is replete with abuses. They can abuse for Africa.

The everywhere troll

They have taken trolling as a job. You find them on Instagram, twitter, Snap, and Facebook trolling, They are everywhere just waiting for you!

The research troll

They are official fact social media checker. If you make any claims, they will do research just to verify it. God help you if it is false. In other cases, if a celebrity re-wears a particular attire, they will finish you that you start wondering if they are monitoring you.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/8-types-trolls-may-encounter-social-media/

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by flames007(m): 1:12pm On May 13, 2017
The research trolls:those ones can end ones career before it begins grin

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Adesege(m): 10:04am On May 14, 2017
kikiki
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Adieza(m): 9:15pm On May 14, 2017
I belong to researcher Lalasticlala
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by tosyne2much(m): 10:21pm On May 14, 2017
OP, you forgot to add those ones that will take a shot of their sitting room or TV and will open a thread about it on Nairaland just to increase their value and fan base. E.g Airforce1 cheesy

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Flexherbal(m): 10:21pm On May 14, 2017
No 1.
There was a day, i made a typo error.
One funny guy on Nairaland screen grabbed it and was using it to advertise my " Mr. Flex Herbal Tea for Men"

www.nairaland.com/2913203/herbal-tea-secrete-fathers-used-in-bed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by rockcitie: 10:21pm On May 14, 2017
Surely, these must be characteristics of the indomie generation. We, the adults have no time for trolls. grin

11 Likes

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Ephramed(m): 10:22pm On May 14, 2017
I pity people that pity people that are going through domestic violence in marriages.cos those people will turn back and insult you
if they leave the marriage will you provide the hummer
they will cry in?
PERSON WEY FIRE DEY BURN NA YOU GO TELL AM TO COMMOT HAND.WHEN E PAIN AM REACH E GO COMMOT AM.
HAPPY SUNDAY TO ALL MOTHERS OUT THERE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 14, 2017
I might be a teeny weeny little bit guilty of the grammar police trolling. Some people can murder english
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by RealDannie(m): 10:22pm On May 14, 2017
grin
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by ItalianWine(f): 10:22pm On May 14, 2017
Op, what of the book space troll?

grin grin I've got them here

Queenbeee:
smiley
rockcitie:
t ;Dt Surely, these must be characteristics of the indomie generation. We, the adults have no time for trolls.
Flexherbal:
No 1.
There was i day i made a typo error.
One funny guy on Nairaland screen grabbed is it and was using it to advertise my " Mr. Flex Herbal Tea for Men"
;
RealDannie:
rockcitie:
t ;Dt Surely, these must be characteristics of the indomie generation. We, the adults have no time for trolls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by josephine123: 10:22pm On May 14, 2017
na xo
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Omotayor123(f): 10:22pm On May 14, 2017
9. The slow poke Trolls- This ones cannot troll without insult. tongue tongue

10. The Low life Trolls.- The inferior ones looking for attentiongrin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by niceguy7(m): 10:23pm On May 14, 2017
All na true....ayeleoo ibosi oo!!! sad

1 Like

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by sotall(m): 10:23pm On May 14, 2017
ok
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 14, 2017
lol

1 Like

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Sultanchidi(m): 10:24pm On May 14, 2017
U forgot to add BMC Zombies

6 Likes

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Nutase: 10:25pm On May 14, 2017
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Daewoods(m): 10:27pm On May 14, 2017
Hmm, ok.
Get your favorite Nigeria Professional Football League*NPFL* club side jerseys. Check us out on jumia: gotayastore, twitter: NPFL merchandise, FB: NPFL merchandise.
Support our own, na we get am!
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Boldtrust(m): 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
Add the Relationship trolls

1 Like

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Airforce1(m): 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
tosyne2much:
OP, you forgot to add those ones that will take a shot of their sitting room or TV and will open a thread about it on Nairaland just to increase their value and fan base. E.g Airforce1 cheesy

Keep modifying your comment all because of cheap "Likes" that it won't even get.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by nonut: 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
Itk full nl
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by gbegemaster(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
OP you are not totally correct. How does someone who helps you to straighten your facts become a troll?

I love the "research trolls". They help clean up the garbage that attention seeking bloggers throw around. They also deter future bloggers from littering the Internet with falsehood.

7 Likes

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
ItalianWine:

Op, what of the book space troll?

grin grin I've got them here

;

Babe chill Na, I've modified cheesy
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by sojayy(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
OP u r on point, I luv meme trolls....
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Ephramed(m): 10:31pm On May 14, 2017
NYSC GIVES EVERYBODY HIS/HER WISH. SO MY 2KOBO ; BECAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR BEFORE NYSC.COS ITS ALWAYs comes true.

1 Like

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by yungest(m): 10:31pm On May 14, 2017
the savages

1 Like

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by tosyne2much(m): 10:31pm On May 14, 2017
Airforce1:

Keep modifying your comment all because of cheap "Likes" that it won't even get.
You be my person guy now. No beef at all cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 14, 2017
Trolls have two things in common, poverty and frustration

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by oshe11: 10:33pm On May 14, 2017
wat abt the TROLLY TROLLS...

Those that trolls for the sake of trolling
Re: 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media by MidasTouche01(m): 10:35pm On May 14, 2017
Tosyne2much wetin Airforce1 do u na U just dey troll the guy

Infact u are a type of troll too...troll who troll trolls grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

55000 Twitter Accounts Hacked And Passwords Exposed On Pastebin / Twitter Is Down For Users Around The World. / Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.