Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? (31693 Views)

Time To Stop Betting As Year 2017 Ends / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year / Vote For Victor Moses As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by robosky02(m): 11:50am On May 13, 2017
Has Victor Moses done enough to win the African Footballer of the Year 2017?

last night victor Moses helped his club to win the English premiership for the 2016/2017 season.
thus crowning a blissful year for both club and country. it will be recalled that Moses has reinvented and reestablish himself in Anthony Contes' team. he was one of the only 6 players to have started most number of games. and in the super eagles team he has also been a key figue in dislodging Zambia and Algeria no doubts he has done well.

but the question is, do you think this is enough to make him win the African Footballer of the Year for 2017?

who will give him a fight?

as for Kanu a former winner of the title and Arsenal legend he believes Victor Moses has done enough.

Moses has proved critics wrong,” Kanu told Sports Village Square. “It is now left for CAF to do their rating. “As for me, he deserves the 2017 CAF award. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/611734/Victor-Moses-Chelsea-African-Football-Year-Nigeria-Nwankwo-Kanu-Gossip

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

17 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by robosky02(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by veekid(m): 12:07pm On May 13, 2017
Average sha

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by mamuzoOMAH(m): 12:08pm On May 13, 2017
yes he has. he is been really brilliant this season.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by AntiRiot: 12:08pm On May 13, 2017
Has obontami, poweredcom, b0rn2fuck, FTBOY, mixty, atmy1, amnotdrunk, funlord, magicminister and co done enough to win the 2017 Ashawo patronizer of the year?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by coolluk(m): 12:08pm On May 13, 2017
Yea, He has been a Standout performer

6 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by obembet(f): 12:08pm On May 13, 2017
No

2 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by LePrezident(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2017
How? Where there's Sadio Mane.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by TheMainMan: 12:09pm On May 13, 2017
well trophy wise... he does

buh d prob is he played as a right wing back.... though consistent... no one really notice a right-wing back

if he were to b a striker or a winger and more goals to his name... nothing can stop hin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Mightyraw(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2017
He deserves it,
None has done better

7 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by igbsam(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! Make una no vex na. See mentions o!

Na Error grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by coolluk(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
He didn't win the league

LePrezident:
How? Where there's Sadio Mane.

19 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by lonelydora: 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
Sorry op, I watch only local league.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by robosky02(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
Moses has finally shown his worth to Chelsea after transformative season

The going hasn't been easy over the years but the Nigerian now looks the real deal. As he admits himself, he has the Italian manager to thank for his transformation

Prior to Chelsea's 2-0 victory over Hull last October - the first time Antonio Conte implemented the hugely successful 3-5-2 formation - Victor Moses had not started for the Blues in more than 1,230 days.

It was, though, not meant to be this way. The Nigerian arrived at the club in 2012 to much fanfare. Signing from Wigan for £9m, the then-forward was introduced in front of the Stamford Bridge crowd before Chelsea’s clash with Newcastle United. Fast, quick-footed and talented, Moses' potential was clear to see.

But he struggled to convince those in charge that he was worthy of a spot in the starting XI. Moses was like so many signed by the west London club – an obvious talent deemed surplus to requirements, and thus sent out on loan to keep his hand in.

Seasons at Liverpool, Stoke and then West Ham followed but still he struggled to flourish. It was Conte, though, with his unique perception, who trusted in Moses and retained the player ahead of the current season. Under the Italian's astute eye, the 26-year-old has excelled at wing-back and gone on to establish himself as an integral cog in the Chelsea side. Since that autumnal afternoon in Hull, he hasn't looked back once.

"I've always known that I've got the ability to play at a big club like Chelsea," he said after Monday's 3-0 victory against Middlesbrough. "And now we've got a new manager here that is willing to give everyone an opportunity. I was given the opportunity and didn't look back. I'm enjoying my football at the moment and just want to keep on enjoying it until the end of the season."

That "ability" to play at a club like Chelsea hasn't come easily, though. Indeed, Slaven Bilic admitted this season that he had to push Moses "day in, day out" during his spell at West Ham. Nonetheless, his qualities were always there - bubbling beneath the surface but never quite on offer. Dimitri Payet was one such individual who trusted in Moses, Bilic revealed, and even told him that the Nigerian was the best player in the team. All it took, then, was a little faith and hard graft - something that Conte has exercised in abundance.

"He [Conte] didn't say it to me if I fancied playing at wing-back, he just put me there," Moses admitted. "He put me there and after that he just kept on encouraging me, and went through it with me what the position was all about, mostly in training, constantly always talking to me, to make me try and improve. Talking me through it. I take that in and I didn't look back after that.

"[He has] given me opportunity to express myself - I'm willing to do that. At the moment I'm enjoying it. I know I've never played that position before but I'm enjoying it, I just want to keep on working hard every game, every week, to make sure I'm improving."

Moses admits that his own experiences as a winger have proven equally useful in his metamorphosis into a wing-back. So too has his meticulous attention to detail which, following Chelsea's victory at Hull in October, encouraged him to watch videos of his performance on repeat.

"I've been learning a lot defensively as well. The manager has been teaching me in training. I take everything in. When I play against a winger because I'm a winger myself so I understand what they're going to do before they try and go past me, so it's a lot easier for me.

"It was the Hull game where it all started. I really enjoyed it. I kept watching a video after the Hull game. A video of myself to make sure I was in the right place, if I'm not in the right place. After that I take everything in and just keep on improving."

Smuggled into England as an 11-year-old orphan, Victor Moses' football ability has been the making of him, earning him a scholarship to a prestigious public school and a first footballing contract with Crystal Palace in 2001. The going certainly hasn't been easy but it seems years of patience and hard work have finally paid off.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-victor-moses-antonio-conte-guide-finally-shown-worth-a7726891.html

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by seunlayi(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
Yes
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by jejemanito: 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
igbsam:
When Kante is there ?

He should try more

I'm not a chelsea's fan. But Kante deserves it even more. Lifting the Trophy back to back.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5305454_5302577fbimg1494506669165jpegb494d22561501db4898de1106b54518d_jpega7971fa37a0da3d5b96f452f486e51fc

163 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by shapman: 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
searching for worthy contenders...

0 results found!

3 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Cunninlinguist: 12:11pm On May 13, 2017
undecided
igbsam:
When Kante is there ?

He should try more

I'm not a chelsea's fan. But Kante deserves it even more. Lifting the Trophy back to back.
Wetin concern kante and African best?

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by robosky02(m): 12:11pm On May 13, 2017
igbsam:
When Kante is there ?

He should try more

N'Golo Kanté plays for the France national team. (thou is of Malian descent.)

therefore he is out of the competition in Africa

cc: blueto, TheSuperNerd, mikron, safarigirl

12 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 13, 2017
shocked errmmmmm

Yes he has....

He gave Peter PSquare a jersey.

2 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Damalex4luv(m): 12:12pm On May 13, 2017
Done
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by sod09(m): 12:13pm On May 13, 2017
No not yet....

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by mambani: 12:13pm On May 13, 2017
igbsam:
When Kante is there ?

He should try more

Kante from which continent? Do you watch football at all?

37 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by AntiRiot: 12:13pm On May 13, 2017
igbsam:
When Kante is there ?

He should try more

Lol. Kante is from France.

19 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by shapman: 12:13pm On May 13, 2017
igbsam:
When Kante is there ?

He should try more

Kante African?

11 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Gadetech(m): 12:14pm On May 13, 2017
Maybe Maybe
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Fibo27(m): 12:14pm On May 13, 2017
veekid:
Average sha

Average how?

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by shegxi(m): 12:14pm On May 13, 2017
I think it is between mane, moses and aubamayang.......any one can win.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by famousbowale: 12:14pm On May 13, 2017
Lool[center][/center] sad grin

Yes llooll
Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by lamarrj(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2017
Certainly done enough. He was a vital member of the championship squad. No real contender yet.

1 Like

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Edenoscar(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2017
Lol someone suggesting kante for african player on the year

5 Likes

Re: Has Victor Moses Done Enough To Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2017? by Drogbotel(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2017
Yep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brown Ideye Buys A 2018 Rolls Royce Wraith For His 30th Birthday / John Ogu Dedicates His Goal To Wife And Unborn Child With Funny Photo / Kanu Nwankwo And Wife Celebrate 13th Traditional Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.