Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience (32205 Views)

Have You Ever Been In A Physical Fight Before? Share Your Experience! / How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / Woman Cries After Been Duped Of Her ATM Card In Bank (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:51am On Nov 22, 2018
GeneralOjukwu:
A girl said she was a tear-rubber.... I entered and the supposed brand-new car was a molue embarassed

I dialled my number on her phone & i saw my name registered as "ATM, Ojuelegba Branch"

This is me on my way home after 3 years of a "NO SEX" relationship and plenty money spent on her..

CHINEKE! CHINEKE!

Why are you guys asking me if her name starts with "B"? angry angry angry

Sorry its not funny but the way she catalogued your name by suburb n branch lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Lipslikecandy11(m): 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
olafunny:
Have you ever, in one time of your life, been duped by known or unknown person(s)? Share your experience so others could learn.

Mine:
I met this guy on Facebook who claimed he could run admission stuff for me. As a credulous human being, i believed he could. We eventually became online friends and started chatting on whatsapp. He shared me with some of the people he had successfully gotten the admission for. I didn't know they were his accomplices. They played the game so well that i was made to pay 20000 upfront and 30000 would be paid after the admission is secured. After i made the payment, they stayed online for few days and gone thereafter. I was blocked on whatsapp by all of then and they wouldn't pick my calls again. That was in 2009 though.

Share yours!

Mine was at oshodi...!!!! On my way back from school...!!! Met this elderly woman.. She approached me that she needed money for transport back home and for her children to feed... I felt for her cause she was looking raggedy..i happen to give her half the money I was having on me.. (#500)... Fastforward.. Three days later I met this same woman approaching me with the same format... I was Shell shocked.. I told her that she just asked me some money dayz back that if she didnt leave my presence I will alert people on the type of person she is... Immediately she acted as if she hasn't met me before... Quietly left me I just shock my head nd stunned..!!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by olafunny(m): 10:38am On Mar 02, 2019
Lipslikecandy11:

Mine was at oshodi...!!!! On my way back from school...!!! Met this elderly woman.. She approached me that she needed money for transport back home and for her children to feed... I felt for her cause she was looking raggedy..i happen to give her half the money I was having on me.. (#500)... Fastforward.. Three days later I met this same woman approaching me with the same format... I was Shell shocked.. I told her that she just asked me some money dayz back that if she didnt leave my presence I will alert people on the type of person she is... Immediately she acted as if she hasn't met me before... Quietly left me I just shock my head nd stunned..!!!
believe me, I experienced quite the same in Ilorin. It's like these people share the same ideology or maybe they have some headquarter where they all meet to discuss formats grin transport fare and kids welfare are their excuses.
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Lipslikecandy11(m): 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
olafunny:
believe me, I experienced quite the same in Ilorin. It's like these people share the same ideology or maybe they have some headquarter where they all meet to discuss formats grin transport fare and kids welfare are their excuses.

Am telling you...!!!! Ever since am always conscious on whom I give my money to.. Regardless the amount..!!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Elhabib: 7:09am On Aug 11, 2019
Emvicprints1:
My people I wish this can enter Google, facebook at all. El-habib immigration Canada the guy is a useless crook scamed me of 300k I don't know Sha but if I see him one on one is either he kills me or I kill have him his name is adamu kabir.

If we have your name we can state the nature of contract we entered and see why the aggitation or accusation of scam came in, what was done and the possible outcome and also terms of contract.

For Elhabib Immigration
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by oyatz(m): 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2019
Eleyi gidi gan o, I said this one is strong!

skilfulsagei:
It happened about three decades ago. I was coming from a JAMB tutorial centre located in Bariga to iyana Ipaja. A guy accosted me in Oshodi while trying to board Molue going to Iyana Ipaja marketing a glittering and beautiful SEIKO wrist watch.
The market value of the watch then was N150 so priced it to N25. I was so happy when he agreed to sell it . I gave him the money and he helped me wrapped it inside a brown envelope.
While in the Molue going to my destination, I was rehearsing how I negotiated my way into buying the highly priced watch. The next action was to admire the watch again but I was shocked to my bone marrow when I found three pebbles of flat granite instead of the watch.
I looked side ways to check whether I was being watched because I was shivering involuntary. Nobody really cared, I tore the envelope and dropped everything on the bus.

Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by oyatz(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
This was robbery not scam.

Freethought:
I'm only a little above 30yrs old and iv only been scammed once but that once, its a day I will never forget.....

Like one decade ago, I was a student in one polythecnic in ogun state but I also work as a security officer at lafarge ewekoro just to get some extra dou cos I came from an average background.. I worked from 7pm till 7am everyday and attend classes, mostly 8am till 4pm.

Well, fast forward to the end of the first month, it was a lovely morning I woke up to cos I already knew I was gonna be paid that day. I decided not to attend class that day, just to sleep at home till I receive alert.. Lo and behold, at exactly 10am on that tuesday mornin, I got a 21k credit balance in my UBA savings account. After a long thought of what to do with my first salary as a student, I came up with the conclusion of going to sango ota to get few clothes for my self and also get foodstuffs( as I no longer have foodstuff at home)..

With excitement, I ran to the nearest ATM port, withdrew my 21k, stopped a bus and headed straight to sango otta.

Alightin at the last bus stop, I decided to work down to where I was gonna gt foodstuffs first... On my way, I met some guys shouting, looks like they were advertising something... Guy1: how much is it? Guy2: its just 1k naira Guy1sadremoved 1k naira from his pocket and handed it over to the 2nd guy) Oya give me ..Guy2: (hands over a phone to the 1st guy)... All this happened in less than 1minutes, I slowed down to see what they were doing and a guy ran to me and said " we are doing promo and with just 1k, you can even win a blackberry bold 2"... That BB bold2 caught my attention cos only a handful of student in my school use it, so I moved closer to them. The next thing I remember was that I started begging them to at least give me the sim in my nokia touchlite if they won't give me back my money. I was duped in less than 90seconds, I don't knw how but I remember vividly that one man gave me #500 to go back home when I was crying by the road side..

Its a day I will never forget!
Re: Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2019
I once ordered stuffs online amounting to hundreds of thousands, the money was taken and nothing, nothing, no email and I waited for the delivery and nothing also. I went to my Bank and they asked me to go to the Company, so i tried to traced the branch office of the Company in Lagos from their address online and it was fake. It took a while to realize I was scammed and forget the money.
All these con sellers we are trusting online,companies operating online should have to register with something so you know they are legitimate and if a company has been dodgy they should also be flagged.
So i saw another company online same scenario,Promising to make customize gold rings with inscriptions for me,that I should pay online and they'll get my order's delivered in two days in any part of Lagos.# I just Laughed and said I know ona before?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Passenger Cuts Okada Man With Machete In Akwa Ibom (Disturbing Pics) / How An Okada Rider Lost His Motorcycle To A Con Man in front of my house / South African Lady Set On Fire By Her Boyfriend Dies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.