Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

What's The Essence Of Marriage?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Essence Of Marriage?? (10988 Views)

Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / What is The Essence Of The Church And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by ChiomaMee: 8:24am On May 14, 2017
Yea, what exactly is the essence of marriage Is marriage a purpose we must fulfill Is it all about having kids??

If I don't get married, does it mean I've defiled God's law?? Does it mean I've not completely fulfilled purpose??

7 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Nobody: 10:59am On May 14, 2017
Marriage is not for everyone so as not everybody can own a dog and actually take good care of it.

Know Thyself, if sex is your problem get a gf/bf, if an offspring is your desire get a babyMama/daddy. Yolo, don't waste your life licking as$.

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by moblix: 11:54am On May 14, 2017
Ask ur parent

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Hier(m): 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
As a Lady, the essence of marriage is to help your husband become who God want him to be, you marry in purpose. @chiomamee

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by CandidSeeker(m): 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
ChiomaMee:
Yea, what exactly is the essence of marriage Is marriage a purpose we must fulfill Is it all about having kids??

If I don't get married, does it mean I've defiled God's law?? Does it mean I've not completely fulfilled purpose??

Marriage is not a must.

Matthew 19:10-12 NKJV
.......His disciples said to Him, "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry."
[11] But He said to them, "All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given:
[12] For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it."

...kindly read from verse one for better understanding.

You haven't defiled God's law :

John 3:8 NKJV
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Below is the NEW & ONLY commandment:

John 13:34 NKJV
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

-Peace.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Kobojunkie: 3:32am On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:
■ If I don't get married, does it mean I've defiled God's law?? Does it mean I've not completely fulfilled purpose??
1. Marriage is not a purpose but a choice. So, also is childbearing hence the reason why you are not born attached to your partner from birth and childbearing only can take place if choice is made. undecided

2. Absolutely not! God created some Eunuchs from birth, made others Eunuchs in this life and allowed... so God does not care if you choose to be married or not. He basically washed His hands off marriage back in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24 meaning nothing you do or achieve in marriage is of any worth or value as far as God's Holiness and Righteousness is concerned. undecided

7 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:31am On Dec 30, 2023
Marriage is not compulsory just as sex is not compulsory but if you ever want to have sex it must take place between two who are married legally! 1Corinthians 7:1-7 smiley

9 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Yemaya: 6:41am On Dec 30, 2023
It’s the most unnecessary venture
Needless self inflicted pain

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:55am On Dec 30, 2023
Yemaya:

It’s the most unnecessary venture Needless self inflicted pain
Due to imperfection many have inflicted themselves all over with many pains in marriage but there is nothing sweeter than being married to your best friend! Proverbs 18:22

6 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Nazgul: 10:16am On Dec 30, 2023
It depends on individual preferences. For some it's Companionship: Not everyone wants to remain single forever. At some point in your life, you'll need a companion you'll want to share your life with.

For others it's for Financial Benefits As crazy as this sounds, some people try to upgrade their financial status through marriage. Not everyone wants to remain poor forever most especially when they're aware that marriage can cure their poverty state as well as the poverty in their entire family lineage.

For some it's for procreation. Having your kids grow with both parents present is something everyone wants. Not everyone buys the idea of baby Mamas. Having your wife or husband stand by you whilst supporting the kids emotionally, financially, religiously...etc, is the dream of most people.

For some it's for Safe Sex Nigeria is a religious country and we were brought up to believe that sex outside marriage is fornication. So some people get married so they can have sex with their partners without having to sin against God through fornication.

And for the records, God doesn't care if you marry or not. After all Jesus didn't marry. He's only concern is that you live a life free of sin. A life that would glorify him.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by DrAda(f): 10:16am On Dec 30, 2023
A couple of years ago, I would have said nothing but recently, I had cause to stay at home all by myself for nearly a day and I learnt a valuable lesson. Loneliness kills

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by ogawisdom(m): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2023
grin

Just a stupid institution to kill a man with billing after which the kids n wife will abandon the foolish man once he is old.

We need home of the aged in Nigeria ASAP for people who wants to think outside the box.

It is a poverty alleviation programme for most jobless and hungry ladies, that is why they are desperate for it.

23 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Righthussle: 10:17am On Dec 30, 2023
ChiomaMee:

Marriage has nothing to do with any god. We had marriage in Africa before we interacted with our colonisers.

Marriage is a man's invention. It was created to restore order in society when men were fighting themselves over women. When a woman is married, you know she's taken. That's why the wedding was usually done at the village square.

Today marriage has become a poverty elevation scheme and an easy way of acquiring wealth to both men and women. Marriage is supposed to be the name of the purest, truest and highest level of friendship between a man and a woman.

12 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Hollyharjii: 10:17am On Dec 30, 2023
Here to read comments
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2023
To be in companion with one another I.e companionship
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by fykes(m): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2023
I believe we are the last generation to marry officially

8 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by money121(m): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2023
Ok
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by opera1(m): 10:18am On Dec 30, 2023
Marriage was instituted by God:
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Genesis 2v24

It's for Procreation, companionship.
Care and support.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Desmondum: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2023
2017 post just making FP. There's hope in life

Marriage is for companionship anyways and I don't think not getting married does mean you defile any law, fornication may be though.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:19am On Dec 30, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by id4sho(m): 10:19am On Dec 30, 2023
Fu¢k mate tongue
More problems to your own angry
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by tivta(m): 10:20am On Dec 30, 2023
Hmmm

I too ask myself that question

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by LordGoldenswap: 10:20am On Dec 30, 2023
Marriage is dead in this era. As there are many harm than Good from it. I only want a child as I cannot condole cheating

4 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by dododawa1: 10:20am On Dec 30, 2023
Women benefits from

Marriage
Re: What's The Essence Of Marriage?? by 12345baba(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2023
Wey u! If marriage hungry u go marry if e no hungry u pls dey ur dey. No bother us with this topic, we done tire for am already . No try justify ur present situation on the topic , it's ur choice

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Real Meaning Of "Only The Strongest Survives" / "Return Nigeria To God" - Pastor John Oluwadare Urges Buhari, Others / The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.